Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Looking For Her Own Safe-Haven (Open)

Started by Anonymous, October 28, 2006, 04:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

(Yeah, it's just sort of a character introduction, to get Nadezhda's personality and plot off the ground (HA! I didn't say off the road!) but I think it may be able to turn into a nice little open RP. So please, anyone who wants can join. ^^)

A safe haven...

A safe haven, that's one of the few things she heard the man say, the only thing she found herself able to pinpoint out of the entire description he gave.

Maybe that's all she wanted to hear. Out of an entire description of a town, the fact that it might be safe, that it might bring her shelter, that it might bring her back; Out of everything, that's all she wanted to know.

Though, now that she was taking a good look at the place, it didn't quite seem like what she expected. Sure, there were the cute little stands, the cheerful atmosphere, the pleasant culture, the interesting people, th-

-The people, that was it, there were people. There were hundreds upon hundreds of people. People who could rob her, people who could harass her, people who could notice her... she didn't want to be noticed. She wanted to be alone.

Alone with her sword.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's not often that something looks out of the ordinary in a place like La'marri. Nothing out of the ordinary would really want to be there. Sure, it could possibly become a good hiding place for a few thieves, or maybe even a few more dangerous criminals, but in these days, those were more common than average citizens. No, this was definitely not something normal. It was something that had once been normal, then had somehow been corrupted, that had somehow lost its mind.

It was a fairly young woman, with what was once long, blonde, beautiful hair, but was now the definition of a complete and total wreck. Her eyes were as blue as a clear sky, and as empty as one too. Oh yes, and the dress! The dress would have been beautiful if she obviously hadn't been wearing for the past few weeks without washing. It was adorned with jewels, laced with ribbons, and so perfectly formed for her figure that it was sickening.

Or rather, it would be sickening if she wasn't totting a huge, bloodstained broadsword behind her. THAT was the sickening part.

Anonymous

She invoked the forests, the mountains, the rivers; the sun, the moon, and the stars; the flowers, the creatures, the plants; the light and the dark.  She called upon all that existed in nature.  Its response:  the gentle caress of a sudden breeze, the languid sway of leaves throughout a forest, the sweet, sweet choir of the birds.  Praying, she saw in her mind the rhythmic drops of water from an endless sky, smelled the sweet aroma of blossoming roses, and heard the bay of a wolf to the full moon.  Terra Firma, Gaea, Mother Nature; all were synonyms for these all-encompassing, enchantingly beautiful, yet awe-inspiringly powerful natural surroundings of the world.

And Avari Eustacia became one with them in a daily ritual that she had never missed in all her centuries of life.  For those brief hours each day, those seemingly eternal epochs, the Sedoran female was suddenly nothing and everything; aware yet not aware; existent as one but also as part of the grandest immortal tapestry of life.  This was the time, in this meditative trance, in which she recharged her body and her soul.

From an area in the deepest part of her, like the clear chime of a bell, she knew that it was time to awaken and begin her day.

The curious creature’s lime eyes opened, their brown pupils dilating as she took in the mid-morning light from the sun hole in the ceiling above her.  She gave a sigh that surely could have been heard throughout the temple she was kneeling down in, reveling in the complete rest that was quickly drifting away from her.  After stretching for a bit, she rose from the stone floor beneath her then gently drifted into the air, staying aloft by the slow beat of her sea-foam green, butterfly-like wings.  With an audible yawn, Avari floated carelessly out of the temple and into the already crowded streets of La’marri.

The light played dazzlingly on her form.  Her soft, smooth olive green skin, emerald fingernails and toenails, and thick strands of wavy jade hair that came down to her shoulders all seemed to glow under the warmth of the sun.  The addition of several amazingly colorful purple violets and a plain white tunic and robe completed her attire.

In her miniature size of only about four and a half feet, Avari drifted around the town, greeting the many familiar faces that she had become accustomed to over the years she’d spent here.  With each one she took time to greet them and see how they were doing, as well as giving them a nice, warm smile and a hug, whether they asked for it or not.  This was simply her custom, having lived here for so long.  It would be alien to not be so affectionate to the people she had come to love and respect over the years.

Just when she was about to head over to the public gardens and water the flowers, the Sedoran noticed something quite out of the ordinary, and there weren’t many things that could be considered out of the ordinary in La’marri.  About 30 feet away from Avari stood a lone woman dressed in a marvelous, incredibly ornate dress that very visibly must have been worn, non-stop, for a good while, judging from its worn appearance.  Her eyes narrowed in attempt to get a closer look, which revealed two emotionless, pale-blue eyes and, even more shockingly, a blood-stained broadsword strapped on her back.

Now, this was a sight to behold!  

I’ll just have to give this girl a good greeting and welcome to La’marri…goodness knows she must need one. She determined mentally, still afloat.

Avari had come to be the self-designated, self-certified, unofficial Greeter to all those new comers who entered La’marri.  It was her duty, her joy, to introduce visitors to this safe haven.  After all, La’marri had been good to her when she needed it the most, and it was the least she could do to repay this forest oasis, this gem amidst the trees.

And so, as she did to any other newcomer, Avari glided over to the stranger, stopping to hover a foot or two away from the new arrival.

With a wise, comforting smile, the Sedoran greeted this veritable wildflower:

“Darling, you look just about as extraordinary as I do.  And that’s saying something!â€? Avari said in a moderately high voice, a fit of giggles going through her body at her own joke.

“Please, allow me to introduce myself.  My name is Avari Eustacia, Ava for short, and this,â€? she gestured toward the town behind her, “is La’marri, a forest sanctuary for all those who seek its succor.â€?

“I’ve been here for years, and in all my time here, I’ve never met someone quite like you, dear.  You must tell me, who are you?  What has brought you to our humble village?â€? Avari finished with another smile, keeping her eyes on this enigma.

((Sorry that this is a bit long.  I wanted to mention so much in this post...heh...hope it wasn't a problem.))