Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

"Sing a little prayer for meee.."

Started by Anonymous, November 14, 2006, 04:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

He never had been a really good singer. In fact, Javi bordered along the lines of horrible. Maybe he was simply out of practice. It had been quite some time since he'd given a good shout. He simply smiled and tightened his cloak. This brooch really did not do its job well. He gave a grunt and cast it aside. Now, instead of only dirt, a beautiful silver hunk of medal sat on this earth outside of La'marri.

The brooch itself was fine, though he'd managed to snag it at a discounted price. It was that of a cockroach. Silver, engraved with gold. The legs were the hook and the antennae closed it. The wings could be removed and it woudl then serve as a locket. He'd found it to be a darn shame that nobody had wanted such a fine piece of art.

Not even five steps closer to the town, he turned on his heels. Hell if he was going to let five gold tokens go to waste! He picked it up and made a face - somewhat of a grimace - before dropping it into one of his many interior pockets. He was a man who liked his trinkets, that Javi Areln'nan.

Fully cloaked in earthen tones, one could not guess at who this stranger was. Could he be a mage? A simple traveler? Was he a friend, or was he hostile? The ghost of a smile on his wisened almost thirty-year-old face betrayed none of his intentions. And while his intentions may not have been completely pure in the first place, they certainly were not malevolent. These folken had nothing to fear from this creature.

And so he entered the town. He had one place in mind and he made a beeline for it. The temple. He had never been to it himself, though he'd often seen it through another's eyes and had often had dreams of the place sent to him. Damn that girl, disrupting my sleep with such petty visions, he thought, though he knew he never meant a word of it.

Finally. The temple. He was surprised at how little time it had taken him to reach it. He hadn't noticed, but his pace had tripled as soon as he'd reached the town confines.

Well, he was here now. He pushed open the doors with a light shove. He made no ceremony of it; to him, this was already a sacred place. The only sounds he could hear were those of his feet lightly treading the ancient floor as he traveled towards the central altar. Perhaps he could have gone about it silently; Perhaps he merely chose not to.

Now, he was before it.

He took a knee and interlaced his fingers.

Anonymous

"It's a surprise to see someone here at this time...Usually this place is deserted..."

The sudden voice of a female pierced the air. At first glance, the surrounding area would have seemed to be deserted. However, if one cast their eyes up, they would notice a young woman of about twenty perched upon a tall pillar. The place was obviously unsafe, the the female obviously could not care less.  She sat upon its edge, her pale legs crossed, her long black skirt dangling underneath them. Very long, golden-blonde hair cascaded over the edges of her seat, sapphire eyes watching Javi curiously. The blonde seemed to have the same curious intensity a cat might have when stalking its prey.

Aside from the questioning look, there was also a glint of something darker behind those blue eyes...Something a bit more sinister, but hard to correctly place.

"Oh...And by the way...That brooch is... Very interesting..." She added in her lightly accented voice, nodding towards the man's pocket.

((Argh...Horrible post...You may shoot me...V_V...))

Anonymous

((It's fine. Sorry I haven't replied yet; feeling sick and been out on a tournament. I should get a reply up soon... BUt it's fof to bed for now.))

Anonymous

((Oh, that's fine, that's fine. I understand...-nods-Just reply when you get the chance and feel better...))

Anonymous

A voice? Well, it was apparent he was no longer alone. Well then! How about that? He cocked his head to the side before tilting his head upwards, where he believed the voice had primarily originated from. Why bother looking around when it had clearly come from above? It didn't take the shifter long to find her with his sharp eyes.

"What are you doing up there?" he asked in a quiet voice that somehow carried all twenty feet up. He ignored the look she gave him, instead raising a brow to accompany his question. "It seems a strange location to be doing.. well, pretty much anything," he noted wryly. It wasn't that he cared much about her safety or anything like that. It was simply one of those things he found peculiar. "And better yet, how did you get to be so high up?" Not that he couldn't make his way up there himself, of course. He simply liked to talk to people who piqued his interest.

Keeping his intent black eyes trained on her, he raised a hand to scratch his head absently. He gave a yawn. He was obviously one of those care-free types of guy who didn't let much bother him.

He did not look down. Instead, he reached for the object in question, holding it up to his eye level. "This thing?" he asked in his caramel tones, raising the other brow. It was almost as if he was skeptical or something.

"Do you want it?" he asked suddenly. It was a spur of the moment offer he did not regret one bit. After all, it was better than letting it go to waste. He was currently trying to decipher where her accent came from to no avail. He frowned slightly.

Anonymous

Citea blinked, as if confused with the question. "...How did I get here?" She echoed. "I jumped...How would you get up here?" She retorted easily, shrugging her pale shoulders nonchalantly.

She knew it was rather annoying to most people when their questions were answered with another question...However, the blonde could sense that the man in front of her would most likely not be perturbed.

The female slid off of her perch, landing with ease on all fours upon the ground. Straightening again, she brushed back a few strands of hair and glanced at what had been her seat.

"Hmm...I suppose it is rather high up, don't you?" Citea commented, but she did not seemed to be directly talking to Javi, but rather to herself. Her deep eyes blinked a few times as she stared at the spot a it longer. Finally glancing away, she yawned and muttered boredly, "Ah well...It could have been higher...The architects here are extremely mediocre..."

The female's personality was very difficult to place. She seemed to be thinking of several things at once, and kept switching between the ideas as she spoke...Never quite ready to finish one before moving to another.

"And do I want it?" She blinked once more, glancing at the man. "Not particularly...I just found it interesting...That was all...Does that annoy you?"