Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Long Island Pork by the fire.

Started by Anonymous, December 30, 2006, 05:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Mecro sat by the fire staring at the darting colors of the flame the oranges, reds and blues of the heat. His eyes looking to the boiling pot of Long-Island Stew. The pot he ripped off of a nearby bandit a with other cooking utensils it sizzled as he stirred the mixed pool of vegetables and meat. He may not be the greatest chief in the world, but he knew how he wanted his meals cooked. It was something of a rarity for him to even cook his meals nowadays.  Most would find his diet rather repulsive. The smell itself was rather-nauseating with a strange scent to it.

Taking the stew off the fire, then placed it on the ground the grass burning from the hot bottom of the pot. Reaching into his coat-pocket he pulled out a spoon with a smile on his face he hadn't eaten a well-prepared meal in a long time. Twirling the spoon around in his fingertips, before dipping it into the stew, then sliding it into his eager mouth. He chewed his food savoringly the taste his ears suddenly perked at the sound of a twig snapping. It might be an animal attracted to the blood left from his encounter with the bandits it wasn't too far from here or the scent of his stew.  Unless it was of the unnatural sort of type Mecro thought to himself. There have been a lot of those recently running around. He did take glee in creating them for he was a magic-user himself and killing them, but sometimes there were complicated rituals to killing a creature.

Another bite of his stew as he chewed on it for a while, then again it might be an intelligent being looking for a meal he really hoped it was. He could use the conservation to amuse himself during his meal. Most of his dinner conservation involved pleading, begging and screams of agony. So, it would be a nice change of pace to talk to somebody who could speak in reason. Of course, he didn't mind sharing the meal except for the fact long-Island pork is a bit of an acquired taste. A wicked smile came across his lips at the notion of such a thing. It faded slightly at the thought of it might being a vegetarian, and he hated those types. How can you not eat meat? To put it simply it's to delicious to pass up. A tilt of his head he could use a bit more fiber in his diet, but having a vegetarian for dinner is like having a salad loaded with ham and bacon. Besides, it would be rather hard to find a suitable dressing for a salad out in the woods.

Swallowing, the bite of stew he pressed a finger to his chin as he waited to see if anything would appear from the woods. He would act accordingly too whatever appeared if it was integillent the charade of him pretending to be something of a good person would commence. His thoughts would change the way he presented himself and most importantly the words he spoke. It was something else, he enjoyed the game of cat and mouse, with truth and lies, the boundary between reality and fantasy. Being for a brief moment something he was not, but what he liked the most was the sensation of people accepting the false fabrications he weaves.

Anonymous

A beautiful day. That’s what was on his mind as he was walking amid the sea of green swaying grass, dancing gracefully with the breeze. It seems a terrible waste to step on it; the blades were like the little children of earth itself. The angel of wind bestowing his gift down upon the new day, a fresh day still. He kept walking deeper, surrounded by the grand trees of the peaceful forest, like ancient guardians looking after their homeland, assuring that no evil will ever touch it. The flying locks of his dark hair are becoming rather bothersome; he extended his hand and tucked them behind his ears, clearing his view.

Somehow he couldn’t help but giggle, for no reason, actually. The boy would actually be mistaken for a forest elf himself…Short and slender, yet still somewhat sturdy. His height of 5’6, and his wide, yellowish brown eyes belies his true age, making him look younger than he actually is. Possessing a fine-tanned skin, and dark hair almost reaching the middle of his back.

A pair of black canine ears, and a black tail are definitely his most distinguished features, one might also notice that his fangs and nails are slightly longer than that of an average person, but that is due to the fact that his original form is that of a hound. Every piece of his clothes was also black. His obsession with ornaments was obvious…earrings on his ears with so many shapes, a leather collar with spikes surrounding his neck, and a dozen of silver bracelets on both arms, giving off a metallic clank every time he moves. A huge vertical scar stretched form the top of his chest all the way down under the end of his ribcage, which he always tries his best to keep hidden. What people can’t see, though, is the pair of tiny black wings which are too small and torn to be used for flying, the remains of a distant past, one he have learned to not think of any more.

A rather smell, weird is the least it could be called, has suddenly filled the air. If he wasn’t so sure it’s impossible, he’d swear it’s the smell of something being cooked. But no, NOBODY would eat a thing with such a smell, much less cook it. His boyish face grimaced before his hand flew to cover his nose. Being a hound means that his sense of smell is more than that of an average person, which wasn’t so convenient a skill at that time. Soon after, he was hearing the crackling sound of a fire eating into a bunch of dry wood, and some metallic clanking. So there is someone out there other than him. In his curious attempt to take a better look at the person, he could hear the sound of a twig snapping under his boot. “Aw crap..� He muttered as he wondered if the other person heard that. Debating whether or not he should reveal himself, he decided it’d be more polite and less suspicious if he came out and introduced himself. Following his thoughts with action, Sarincent stepped forward slowly with a shy look on his face.

“Um, hello…� He said with the friendliest smile he could give.

Anonymous

A boy no a creature of some sort came into the view of Mecro. He looked him up from head to toe a humanized dog-demon what a interesting combination. This defiantely was going to be a fun interaction. A smirk came across his lips a cute little pup this one was those ears adorable and he did know how to accessorize a little jingle with those delicatable hips. A lick of his lips to get a bit of the stew dripping from his mouth,  "Hey, there handsome. Excuse me, I'm a bit of a messy eater. Care to have some band... I mean pork-stew it's fresh off the pot." Mecro said with the smirk turning into a charming warm smile almost said bandit there. "I won't bite it's the bark you have to worry about. Your a nosey fellow though I could use the company none the less."

Taking another spoonful of the stew with a tilt of his head to the new-comer. He didn't look like a vegetarian from those ears and those long claws. Chewing his food as he made a observation. "Well, atleast your not a cat. I can tell by the ears they're more sharper, then a cats higher to. I can't stand cat's all of them seem like drag queens. Always expecting you to give them attention. The purring is nice, but they spray everything like it's there's." Mecro said he ate a couple cats, before they was easier to tenderize, then dogs not big on house holds pets on the contray to what he was saying. "Always getting stuck in trees to."

Leaning a bit foward Mecro scratched the back of his head. He was faking the nervous of meeting new people the attempt to reach somebody by babbling on about subjects they might find interesting. A soft sigh escaped his lips as he said with a hint of loneliness in his voice, "I'm a bit of talker been out here for a while kind of craving company. I'm a bit of a nomad don't make to many friends. I hear it's dangerous out in these woods with bandits and all. I haven't seen any yet. Why are you out here?" A convincing longing look on his face just hoping he didn't leave. "Even, though it's none of my business."

The act was beignning adding the right lies to make him seem just a little bit pathetic so the dog-boy didn't leave and not in the least bit threatening.  He came off as a lonely traveler who was caught in the middle of a meal and needed some company. A bit defensive as to not seem to inivinting with the dog and cat puns. This one seemed shy- naive, oh what joy it'll be to dissect this wondering stray. Watching him waiting for a reply hopefully he brought the sharade.

Anonymous

“Oh, what a nice guy.�
Sarincent thought to himself as the man before him was done talking. What was he so afraid of? This person was not evil, he can see that. A bit unusual-looking, to say the least, but still…that never mattered to him before, and he’s not one to talk about unusual appearances, anyway. Encouraged by the man’s warm smile, he walked forward towards the fire, attracted by the heat. Oh, how he loves the heat. “Excuse me for interrupting your meal, but I was just..well..wondering who’d be out there camping in such a place.� Of course, Sarincent removed his hand off his nose, as to not seem offensive to the gentleman, but the smell was now stronger than before. His canine ears twitched some, returning the man’s smile with a cheerful one, a slight blush coloring his cheeks. “I’m also new to these parts, just a free spirit roaming the earth. No place to call home, actually..I just wander around looking for my next destination. But oh, please don’t think me a bandit or anything. A lowly lot, those folks. And yes..� He paused and giggled playfully, approaching the man and sitting on the ground across him “Cats are so much trouble, too needy for their own good.�

Sarincent was never one to socialize with others so easily, not that he wanted to in the first place. But for some reason, he felt comfortable with this one. And making a friend with such a person was not sounding that bad, the man looked lonely and somewhat sad. He has always hated to see anyone sad; maybe he can be of some help to the poor fellow. When he was offered to join the meal, he looked into the pot and wondered what such a weird-smelling stew contains. The scent was a bit sweet, and he hates sweet stuff, but he also loves meat insanely. He was amazed by the fact that this man has managed to gather the ingredients he needed and cooked himself such a meal; if Sarincent were to cook he’d only get himself killed with either fire or poisonously inedible food.

The blazing flames of the fire reflected on his wide dark eyes, the metallic ornaments gleamed with a faint golden glow as the bright light fell on them. He pulled his knees to his chest and rested his head on them, his childish smile never leaving his face.

“I’m Sarincent. I know it’s troublesome to remember that, so please call me Sari.�

Anonymous

Mecro watched him intently his movements was so sweet almost child-like more of a puppy learning how to walk and he seemed slightly awkward in his human form. Replying to the comment of him being a wondering free-spirit a nice way to put it in a way they was the same in that aspect. "I'm a bit of a wonderer myself. I'm like lighting never hit the same spot twice. It's no trouble at all. I do agree bandits are a lousy lot to be around. I did manage to burrow a couple pots and pans from them along with some seasoning. I normally don't steal, but if you have to atleast let it be from bad company." Mecro said steal was to put it lightly he killed them and was eating part of their reminds infront of the dog-boy the stew wasn't the disturbing part, he also had freshly smoked jerky. " Don't you agree? How long you been stuck in human form?"

He was being a mighty bit foward a soft smile came across his lips. Sort of realized he was being a bit to frank. "Sari, that's a pretty name. Forgive me for being a bit frank about my question, but I couldn't help notice you seem a little new to things as if seeing everything for the first time." Mecro gave a soft sigh he couldn't give him his real name to easy to track him people and their needs for vengenace . "I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Jack Meadows it's a pleasure to meet your acuqintance Sarincent."

Those eyes of his caught the ornaments glowing from the reflection of the fire. He gave a tilt of his head looking into the fire himself. " I always wondered what it was about fire. Maybe, it's the comforting heat or the dancing colors it has in it's flames. The tricks it plays on your imagination like the dark I supose. There is also a certain element of freedom to it." Now named Jack was just being deep a bit of Merco showing he swallowed a bit of his stew. "I bet you the first person to discover fire burned the hell out of his/her hand."

A small laugh at the picture of a caveman or cavewoman cursing fire entering his head.

Anonymous

A cheerful giggle was Sari’s reply to the man’s comment. If it’s about burning the hell out of his hand, Sari might as well be the first person to discover fire. It can’t be helped..the first person who discovered fire was probably ignorant, but Sari is just clumsy. “Umm..I wonder..It just makes you feel safe, for some reason� Sarincent said while looking upwards, as if reading his words from the sky. He looked back at the man, shrugging in a ‘Who Knows’ kind of way.

He was a bit taken by surprise when he was asked how long he’d been in his human form. After a silent moment, he gave out a low chuckle, and said “I don’t know.� He wasn’t trying to be rude, neither was he upset at the question, but he really did know. To keep counting the days is nothing but extra pain. “Mister..Jack?? The honor is all mine. Quite the pleasant surprise meeting such an amusing person out here. It could’ve been worse, a bandit or an assassin or any of those aggressive people who seem to be around every corner these days.� It’s true, Sarincent was not very accustomed to being around people, and it often didn’t end well if it happened. Lonely??...not really, he is used it by now, beyond any attempt of loneliness to get into him. Scared??...a little, he’ll be honest. Even though he was a lone existence, he can’t really say that he is doing a good job of managing his matters by himself…but he survived many ordeals this far, and it didn’t make him any less optimistic about life.

Wandering around the woods for many hours seemed to have finally taken its toll on Sari; he was now starting to feel a bit light-headed. The warmth of the fire gave him a feeling of laziness as it was spreading throughout his body. He rubbed his eyes with back of his hands, his canine ears drooping slightly on the sides of his head. Sari has a very odd habit of staying awake continually for two or even three days, and then falling into a near-death deep sleep for five or six hours. But he didn’t want to sleep now, he wants to talk more with his new friend.

Anonymous

He gave a bit of a grin, "Maybe, that's it just the feeling of safety."

The mention of aggressive people around the corner everywhere you go. A scratch behind his head he did have the problem of people wanting to kill him just about everywhere he went. Well, he did have a nasty bad habbit of devouring people who didn't go unnoticed when they went missing. Taking another spoonful of his stew it wasn't his fault a fellow had to eat. "I'm a lot tougher, then I look.� Mecro said with a smile. “It does kind of beg the question why your frequenting such a dangerous forest. I’m passing through your not some kind of strayed crusader of justice are you?�

Setting his meal on the ground as he laid on the ground watching Sari with his eyes as he put his hands behind his head. A deep sigh escaped his lips as he got more comfortable.. “Don’t mind me I’m just always jumping to conclusions like a kid who must know a answer to a riddle. I just noticed you was coming from the opposite direction as me. So, that either means you’re leaving a city or out here of your own will.� Mecro gave a fox-like grin. “Not to mention you know bandits frequent this place. I guess where both kind of stronger, then we look. I mean with those ears it’s kind of hard to resist the urge to scratch behind them. I’m sorry I must be boring you with my rambling.�

There was a brief slience as he reached into his cloak once again pulling out a flask from his cloak. He didn’t like to drink it often didn’t do anything for him do to his body chemistry, but this was a special blend of mixtures made by himself. It was a cocktail of liquids designed for the sole purpose of knocking a regular human being on his arse three times over for Old Jack it just give him a slight buzz. What ever it was the smell itself was quite intoxicating even from his distance between the two of them. “Don’t mind if I relax my nerves do you? I can see your sort of doozing off to.�