Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Spells, Drinks and Meal. (Open. )

Started by Anonymous, February 02, 2007, 11:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Staring at a tankard of ale as he reached for his flask pouring a foul smelling liquid into the tankard. He sat there on the stool contemplating rather he should go back to his home. Father the coy bastard he thought to himself how dare he deny what was rightfully his? Mecro thought to himself a soft sigh escaped his lips he would have to go back to his origins for this one the islands. There was nostalagia one of the few places he could do his type of miscretin and not get punished to badly for it. Yet, there was some laws he even broken there. Widely accepted by the people there was known by the fleshcrafters and properiators of the dark arts. Not to mention the  odd butchers, that frequented there meat was meat to them and they knew how to keep there mouth shut some even would partake in the little taboo.

There was the occasional fans of his work-habbits for those who followed his career. In a way he was a walking embodiment of the islands part-living and part-dead just like most of the region. Still, he was denied his heritage of the book a relic pasted down his generations it held ancient powerful spells and rituals. Gripping the tankard as he took a large gulp from it as it hit the bar counter again with a slam. It angered him the notion of somebody getting the last laugh even if he got the last bite.

He took a moment to gather himself change the subject at hand. Looking to the table infront of him and the semi-busy inn he resided in. There was the matter of the new spell he was developing something to combine the delicates of the thread to his already growing selection of monsters. A adventourous one he was the stress of his past mischevious deeds didn't stop him from looking foward. Out of the corner of his eye he began to survey the tavern a bit deeper, since he hadn't been there long  just enough to think and drink.  A bite to eat might jump-start the old noodle except this place was a bit to closely nitted to just go dining on every little moserls. Where are the passing-byers and drafters when you need them?

A soft sigh escaped his lips as he leaned back against his chair. He was still in disguise of a normal human being his red-hair dyed black and foundation over his face to give it some color. He did have quite a bit of money left over from those bandits about enough to buy everybody in the place a couple rounds. That'll give them a leap of good-will make him seem trustworthy he thought to himself.  He raised a hand as his voice traveled across to the bar as he said, "The next round is on the house free drinks for all!"

Anonymous

Aeron sat at a table near the back of the tavern, his hood drawn up and his shoulders hunched slightly.  He had been staring intently into his drink for the last half hour, nearly motionless, as if he was trying to find the answer to a particularly difficult question.  The drink itself was mostly untouched--he wasn't very fond of ale at the best of times, and this was certainly one of the more watery ales he'd tasted, but it would do for now.  With a sigh, he finally shifted and picked up the mug, draining its contents.  Whatever his question was, if the ale hadn't given him the answer by now, it never would.

Setting the now empty mug aside, Aeron took a moment to really look around.  His memories of La'marri were fuzzy at best, but something told him the town hadn't changed that much over the last decade or so.  Now that he took the time to mull it over, he was beginning to think that coming back was a mistake.  If he had been thinking clearly at all after his master's death, he would have headed further north, perhaps to Hyoite.  It was cold there, and remote--he had a feeling he would have liked it.  Or Thanatos, perhaps.  Yes, that sounded like a nice place indeed...

Aeron nodded to himself suddenly.  That was that, then--he would leave La'marri tomorrow.  Whether for Hyoite or Necromantia, he hadn't yet decided but he would worry about that later.  For now, he was going to relax and enjoy the feeling of having some direction, even if it was rather vague.

He was startled from his thoughts by the sudden sound of a voice rising above the noise of the tavern.  Looking up, he saw the speaker was a young man with dark hair.  A free round of drinks?  Even if the drinks were watered down, Aeron wasn't going to turn one down if it was free.  He had only a few silvers and some coppers left, and making them last was a rather high priority right now--he could go without shelter, but he did need food still.

A barmaid came by and refilled his drink, retreating as quickly.  Aeron had noticed that people had been avoiding him as much as possible since his arrival, but he was hardly offended.  It suited him just fine, actually.  He pushed back his hood and narrowed his mismatched eyes slightly, studying the generous stranger for a moment before taking a drink.

(Woo!  Jumping in! :D  Er, sorry if this doesn't give you much to work with... hopefully it's all right!)

Anonymous

Mecro looked around the bar most giving him praise for the drinks, but somebody caught his eyes. The thing that caught his eye was to be more pirecise eyes of a man who hadn't taken down his hood moments ago. It immediately caught Mecro's attention he loved the little quirks in appearance they normally gave away to something deeper and something more, then just some birth defict. He raised his hand from his side to wave at the stranger. A strange smile came across his lips it was hard to determine what type of smile it was one of friendship at first, but something behind it if one saw past the layer of deception was more sinster and uneasy.

Mecro stood from his chair he would be better to get acquinted with this one he seemed lost like a kid who parents abandoned him at the fair. The thought of eating him lingered in the back of his head if he didn't prove interesting looked rather tasty not just talking about food-wise either. He also seemed like a loner sitting in the corner as if being punished by some unknown whim of fate. His steps well-placed careful casual as he grabbed a chair from the table. Turning it on one side as he spinned it, then he suddenly stopped it the back of it facing the single occupant at the table. Stepped to the side and sat in it as he looked at this man quite foward the necromancer a wave for a notice and he figured he was just invited over there.

Those eyes of his turned slightly from generousity to something else entirely intented curiousity to what this man was. He caught the alarming paleness as well.  Mecro held up his hand, then put it right between his eyes as he let out a deep sigh he rarely tried the direct approach ever his voice as a whisper. "I know from your eyes that your either human with some kind of birth deficent or you're something more. I seem to be running into a lot of irregular oddities these days. It keeps me on my toes gives me something to disceet in my head. I'm normally not so foward in these situations, but judging from your table and body language your not much the social type. If anything I percevie you as a loner not one of those burly macho loner types. More like a pet who has lost his owner or a boyfriend who finds out his girlfriend is cheating on him." Mecro took a moment to tilt his head. " Now what's your name and which one is it?"

Mecro drummed his fingers on the table-top as he waited for a answer reaching into cloak to pull out a scrapnel sitting on the table, then set his hand on the table top palm down. "If you do have some kind of power, which I'm pretty sure you do and if your interested about me drive that sharpened steel into my hand."

Anonymous

Aeron tensed slightly when the stranger met his gaze and gave a wave, smiling slightly.  The smile seemed just a little bit off--for a moment, he was reminded of some sort of predator.  The thought was immediately pushed out of his mind by a faint sense of anxiety as the man approached his table.  Aeron reflexively jerked his gloved hands back as the stranger sat down at his table--he hadn't been expecting this at all.  Most people were content to leave him alone.  Aeron's confusion only grew when the man started speaking to him.

For a moment, he just stared at the man, uncomprehending.  It took him a moment to form an answer--this was the most anyone had said to him in weeks, and it was also the strangest thing someone had said to him in awhile.  "...Aeron," he replied finally, his voice rather hoarse.

He wasn't sure how to answer the other question, but felt vaguely compelled to try anyway.  "I'm... looking for something," he added slowly.  He sounded as if he was unsure of his own answer, but it was the only reply he could think of.  He really wasn't sure what he was doing anymore, and he certainly wasn't about to tell this stranger anything too specific.

At the next words, he raised a brow, wondering if he had heard right.  But there was the sharpened steel, sitting on the table top between them.  He considered refusing, thinking the man must surely be insane if he was suggesting that Aeron stab him in the hand.  A slight smile curled his lips and he pushed the idea away.  No... if that was the kind of answer the stranger wanted, then who was he to refuse?

Aeron snatched up the piece of steel and without hesitation slammed it down into the man's hand.  A hiss of breath escaped from between his teeth and his smile widened slightly--he had almost forgotten how pleasant that bit of resistance as metal met flesh felt.  He leaned forward a bit, still holding onto the piece of metal.  "Who are you?"

Anonymous

The sharp steel cut through his hand there was a different kind of squish as his blood leaked out it had a distinct odor to it like it was rotten in some way and it seemed darker, then normal blood. It leaked out onto the table it glowed briefly as it started to burn into the table, then something happened. The knife in his hand started to move rapidly pushing back against the sharpnel the force behind it intense and ruthless. It propelled the knife out from his hand and onto the table the wound changed it was a deep gash. Aeron could see in it little lines of black could briefly be seen as it worked needling the flesh back to get from the inside a few seconds and the wound wasn't even there.

Mecro lifted his hand from the table looking at if as he was shocked by his own ability a smirk came across his lips as he looked at his new found buddy most of his creation was due to dark magic. "Never did that before so... intensely. That's very interesting. "

Mecro said as he tilted his head leaning closer. "Who I'am? That depends on who you ask. Normally, I would lie... Give you a false name win over your trust, take you off-guard, torture you, rape you,  and eat you alive . Rinse, wash and repeat. Some would call me a nightmare, but I don't like that term. I mean I'm not some hellish image kept in the back of somebody's head I'm very real.," Mecro did a little hand jive to signalfy the normal boogeyman stance as he gave a wide vicious grin of teeth. "Judging from the way you slammed that piresce instrument into my hand. You definately know how to carve flesh from bone Aeron. "

Mecro lifted his hands together to crack his knuckles. "Now, we can escape the akwardness of introductions and head straight into getting to know each other."

Anonymous

Aeron let go of the knife quickly when he saw that Mecro's blood ate away at the table like some kind of acid.  He was further surprised when the knife was rapidly forced back out of the man's hand as the wound healed itself.  In fact, it looked almost as if it was stitching itself back together.  That was something Aeron definitely hadn't seen before.  It was quickly becoming clear that this man wasn't human.

He leaned back in his seat, wrapping his hands around his mug of ale again, and studied the man across from him.  He got the impression that this was someone to be cautious with--whatever he might be, he was something dangerous and perhaps even something powerful.

Mecro's next words took Aeron by surprise, and for a moment he just stared at the man in silence.  This was certainly... unexpected.  He wasn't sure exactly how to react.  He blinked and folded his arms, slipping his hands into the sleeves of his robe.  "Do you... always say things like this?" he asked, speaking slowly as if he was choosing each word carefully.  Truthfully, he was still a little stunned.  This man was obviously a few cards short of a full deck.  Mecro spoke again, and this time Aeron gave a slight shrug.  "My master trained me well."  Though his expression remained fairly blank, his voice held a hint of pride.

Inside his sleeves, Aeron's fingers traced the runes carved into his arms almost obsessively.  This stranger was making him uneasy and spoke far too much.  "You've still not told me your name," he said quietly after a moment.

((Ugh, sorry that took so long.  I hit a mental block there for awhile.  Also, would you mind spell checking/proof reading your posts?  Sometimes I have a bit of trouble working out what you're saying.  I'd appreciate it lots! :D))

Anonymous

(( OOC: Sorry,  some of my posts just fall out of my head and forget to check them.))

Mecro held up a finger as if to give himself a moment he had been truthful up to this point of time, which was uncharacteristic of him by far preferring the cover of false identities and carefully guided trusted words. A smile came to his lips at a observation of his new company wasn't nearly as stunned has he thought he would be for hearing the things he did. Surprisingly, it was hard to tell if this man was afraid in this blank-state yet the disbelief over this interaction was easy to tell. "Well, like I said normally I wouldn't be this forward or truthfully."

Something peculiar landed on his ears "My master taught me well." Mecro eyes shifted at the comment as he said slyly, "That's past tense and you had a master? Judging from the way my body just reacted I would say somebody of the magical persuasion and from you not screaming help at this point. I can only assume he/she walked a path of death, which would thus explain your skill with such a piece of sharpened steel. I must tip my hat to he/she quite,a genius move If I do say so myself."

The asking of his name made Mecro take another pause to answer the question. He was called many things most of them would make a old-lady blush. He leaned in to whisper,  "I normally get monster, sicko, and bastard. I'll tell you my real name, but I've got a bit of a reputation. My name is Mecro Deadwell. I suppose your next question would be what I'm and that differs on your point of view. Some say I'm alive like a normal person, some say I'm dead like a lich, and I like to think I'm a little bit of both. Just call me Jack with in the presence of other people."

Anonymous

Aeron inclined his head slightly.  "Yes.  My master is gone now."  The words felt like a knife twisting in his gut when he spoke them aloud.  "I was his bodyguard," he continued in a near whisper.  And now I am nothing but a failure, he added silently.  Pushing away the thought, Aeron pulled his hands out of his sleeves and tugged off one of his gloves, revealing the runes carved into the back of his hand--there were obviously more, disappearing up into his sleeve.  "I also helped him with his spells."  He traced one of the symbols and glanced up briefly.  "I could already help make him more powerful on my own, but with these, the effect is even stronger.  They're useless unless activated, though."

He replaced his glove and reached for his ale, taking a long drink.  This was the most he had said to anyone in quite awhile and it felt odd to speak so much at all, let alone to a stranger.  He listened in silence as Mecro finally told him his name.  The man's next words caused Aeron to look up sharply, nearly dropping his glass.  For a brief moment, his expression was caught somewhere between bewildered and pained--the first truly noticeable show of emotion he'd exhibited since Mecro had sat down.  A lich...

Aeron took a breath and let it out slowly, his expression now much closer to blank again.  He did, however, fix Mecro with a rather intent, unblinking stare when he spoke.  "La'marri hardly seems like a good place for something like you... here, people disappearing would not go unnoticed.  Surely you know that..."

Anonymous

Mecro eyed those un activated runes as he mentioned them making his spells even more powerful. A grin slipped across his lips as he noticed the startled reaction at the mention of lich he tilted his head as he said,�Your master was a lich? Those relics of the past high-mighty spell casters entering death for power sacrificing their body for wisdom and immorality. A noble idea no doubt, and I admire them to a certain extent. I prefer a more immediate effective approach to the flesh.�

He gave a sudden chuckle  it would be a rather wreckless endeavor to make somebody disappear in this region with all these unsightly characters about it would be difficult and yet it was exallting at the same time. Luckily, for them Mecro was here to practice his art like a painter trying to find a new muse by changing his surroundings.  â€œAs much has, I would love to expose myself to my many enemies I’m strictly on business here. Go with the flow, hone my skills, clear my thoughts and prepare for my next travel affair. The long boat-trip to my homeland,â€? Mecro said with a bit of pride. “The Isles is a good place to live and a bad place to die.â€?

Mecro leaned over the table to lock his determined fierce-almost frightening gaze upon Aeron’s eyes. Mecro said low with intensly as his nostrils flared, “You know what you need my friend? Some type of redempation for your past mistakes and a way to fulfill your abruptily cut duties. Except people like me and you don’t fit into the neatly stacked rows of society. We sit here looking into the basis of humanity as if we were caged animals resisting the urge to kill and feed to survive. My cage door was opened a long time ago and how bout yours?�