Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Guy Friend Crisis! D8

Started by Anonymous, April 27, 2007, 05:23:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

I have a bunch of guy friends and, oh, one girl friend (girls aren't as fun as guys here. XD)

HowEVER....there is now a crisis.

My best guy friend, Eric, and I are always seen together--going out to luuunch...in study haaaaall...even at our prom.
Here's a piccy of him and I together (the partypicture.com people took about twelve different pictures of him and I together! XD)

Because of this, a girl in my math class (Laura) said we should go out. Why? Because we've always looked cute together. Now any interaction between Eric and I is stunted because of Laura's comment. Although...beyond the acne, he would be a really nice guy to date...

I need halp! D8

Oh, and here's a picture of two sweetie pie guy friends I have...just for kicks. (The one standing up is Joe and the other is Wally.)

Anonymous

WEll.. I'm not that great on advice... but what do you feel with Eric? Do you feel like there is a possible relationship there, or do you feel that you wouldn't give up your friendship for anything?  And by the way! You look great in those picturess! :wink:

Anonymous

Aww, thankies! >w<

But I dunno. I've warred with it since freshman year...and, apparently, so has he. (I just learned he and Wally used to like me freshman year. But that was before I trusted anybody, so I pushed them away a lot. v-v; )
I wanna keep our frienship, but I'd really like to know what we'd be like in a relationship.

Anonymous

Funny thing is, I like hanging out with guys better. XDD

But here's this:

I was friends with a guy, and as soon as he started dating my best friend, who I introduced to each other, he has pushed me off and is ignoring me currently. >.>

So make sure that he doesn't do that or something like it, because trust me, it's a pain, and i still am trying to figure out how to corner him without cat anywhere near....

You probably need to sit down with Eric and talk about weather you should get into a serious relationship, or just stay friends, weather maybe you should start out with friends with benfit's (though I don't recommend this because i hate friends with benifiets) and if you do decide to get in a realtionship, promise to try hard that if it doesn't work out, that you will still stay friends.

Yeah, I'm going away now.

Rhindeer

Hehe, I like hanging out with both guys and girls! I'm pretty much a guy in a lot of respects...and since I'm bi, I can check out girls with the guys and guys with the girls! Booyaka! xD

Erm...>_> Anyway!

Awww, you're so pretty! Cute guys, too, and man, Eric looks like one of my best friend's fiance! But hrm...tough situation. Things always get complicated when it comes to friendships that get like that, but I say if you guys are best friends and really trust each other, you could do it without harming your friendship. And in my own humble opinion, the best sort of relationship starts with friendship and builds naturally, and a lot of people say that their partner is their best friend. Well...you kinda already got the best friend thing covered...^_~

I'd just talk about it a lot in advance. Explain your feelings and concerns, get it all out in the open, and then if you guys want to--give a relationship a try. You might find it awkward and uncomfortable...or you might find that it feels really natural and doesn't actually feel much different than the friendship does, except with a few added bonuses. Take it slow and, of course, communicate! That's the most important part.

And I guess another thing I've noticed and learned from experience...well...a lot of people get hung up on the whole "relationship" label, and it's that label that makes everything...weird. I guess what I mean is just remember that, at the core of everything, this guy is STILL your best friend. ^_^

And of course, if it doesn't work out and in the end you guys feel more comfortable with what you had before, well...you can still go on being best friends. It really can be done, especially if you guys have that strong friendship to begin with and make sure to communicate.

So, yeah, in a nutshell...if you guys both feel the same way...it can't hurt to give it a shot and see what happens.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

To Rhi: Lucky! ^-^ Since I'm being raised in a strictly Christian household, I can't find myself...hmm...

Anyhow, that's good advice, you guys! But I'm really scared to start the conversation--remember, he used to have feelings; I don't quite know his stance as of now. How do you suggest I ask him about it (without being laughed at as if it's a joke)?

Anonymous

Do you talk to him on the phone? When I had the bigger conversations with Tim, Cat's boyfriend (before) I found it easier to do it over AIM or the phone, but I always chose a time when we were both relaxed, alone, and were comfortable with what was going on around, friend problems and other stuff...

Just ask if you can talk to him, and just be yourself until, you should know the feeling, you are just happy to be here with him and willing to talk about anything...

Yeah, anybody else? I give weird advice. >.>

Rhindeer

Ahaha. xD My family is actually very Christian. o.o However, no one knows! Except friends and my dad...kiiinda. He may have forgotten. xD But yeah, I feel ya there!

But oh! Mona raises a good idea! xD AIM and MSN is a wonderful place for having these conversations that are too embarrassing to do face to face, and also unlike the phone, you have a little more time to write out what you want to say and read it over and stuff, instead of having to stumble over your words. It makes it a little easier and a bit...safer feeling. So if you both have that, you could try it. Or try the phone. The phone is also really nice. xD

Hmm...you could start up the conversation by perhaps using what that girl said (the one that said you two should date) as a springing board for the conversation. Like, "So, remember what Laura said? Well, what do you think about that, what're your thoughts?" Something like that, just to gently break the ice. And then go from there.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

o-o ...TO THE INTERNET! *springs away* XD I'm no good at talking on the phone...and his is always off, the little goober.

I'm such a little scardey(I can shpeel! =D)-cat, though; I think it's because of how middle school and my first year of high school as a new, unwanted person altered my mind, let alone my personality. I'm just afraid of what he'll say.

XD You guys should write a love story based on my worries!

Anonymous

Mona.. there is no need to use names please >.>

Anyway it's always better to talk than to keep it bottled up. If you don't do anything about it now than you'll probably always be wondering what could have been  :wink:

Anonymous

-looks around wildly-

I said a name?

-looks back-

Ahhhh!!! Sorry hunny.....

But yeah. Stories are fun!

Anonymous

;-; I'm scared. Maybe I should wait until the summer? You know, when my friends won't be around him as much?

Anonymous

-prods- You can do that...

But if you keep stalling...

Then in the summer, it's, well, next week, next week, I'm at camp, so I can't... And then you're back at school!

Anonymous

your all such....girls!!

I can guarantee you this would never have happened the other way round.

If you want to go out witrh, him, ask him out. If you want to be his friend, be his friend. Who gives a damn about rumors anyway? Anyone who thinks that hanging out with someone means your in love with them is a git anyway.

Anonymous

You act as if I haven't thought about that. And it's not that I care about the rumor, it's how I've been feeling for a while. It's just now been brought into the open.

And don't call me no girl. D8< I's a tomboi.

Anonymous

*raises hand* I have one thing to say... I don't think it would help over the summer...

QuoteMaybe I should wait until the summer? You know, when my friends won't be around him as much?

Why wouldn't you want your friends around him? Once/IF you start dating him it's not like you can only be with him and then only be with your friends...it's good that your friends get to know your boyfriend... [/quote]

Anonymous

QuoteWhy wouldn't you want your friends around him? Once/IF you start dating him it's not like you can only be with him and then only be with your friends...it's good that your friends get to know your boyfriend...

>.> No comment.

Choco, no calling girls! I hate girls, they are all preps, `sept like 3 of them... But Thumper's daddy say's "If you don't have nuffin nice to say, don't say nuffin at all!"

-huggles Akira-

It's really okay if you wanna wait til Summer, but I know that I keep on stalling with a problem similar to this, but the excat opposite in everyway, and I'm getting scared that it'll never get fixed...

But it's really your choice. If it makes you feel better, none of us will ever turn on you!