Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Random Facts

Started by Anonymous, June 07, 2007, 09:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Because I enjoy baffling everyone I know with this fact....

Did you know camel bites are the leading cause of head trauma in the world?

It's true. I promise. Now you know to stay out of biting range of camels.

Anyone else have any fun and interesting facts to share?

(It's late, I'm bored, give me a break.)

Anonymous

Dude, are you serious?

That is awesome beyond any logical reason.

Anonymous

Completely serious. Explains why camels always disconcerted me.

Anonymous

You can't lick your elbow.

<_< and it's also true that at least one person tried to lick their elbow after read that.

Anonymous

I now want to know how many people here felt compelled to try that after reading it. Even if they've heard it before.

Anonymous

I've heard it too many times.

Typewriter is the longest word that can be made using the
letters only on one row of the keyboard.

Now how many people looked down at their keyboard?

Anonymous

When you die your hair still grows for a couple of months. :D

Anonymous

Actually, that hair thing is just the body drying out. So the skin and everything shrinks, and the roots of the hair come out of the skin... This is getting morbid and creepifying.

Anonymous

Haha, gross.

Dueling is legal in Paraguay as long as both parties are registered blood donors.

Awesome. Let's go to Paraguay, guys. :3

Anonymous

In their lifetime, everybody eats an average of eight spiders in their sleep.

...And yes, I have tried to lick my elbow.

Rhindeer

The average human eats 8 spiders in their sleep at night in their lifetime. x3

Silverfish can live for six years and they can live a year without eating. >_>
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Oh, God. The spider-thing? Ew. Ew ew ew.

And... what is a silverfish? *Blink* I should know, but I can't remember what the hell it is.

Anonymous

Silverfish are little buggies that live in houses/schools and stuff. I have no idea what they do though xD

Ummm...

Pickles are cucumbers?

Anonymous

Um... Rose petals are evenly spaced, as in... from the outermost to second-outermost, it's an exact number of times around a circle from it. And that's how it spirals in.  The number is (1+√5)/2 = approximately 1.618033989.

Shakespeare made up more words in the English language than any other single person.

Last factoid: I really do seem to be the most geekish person ever. *Hides*

Anonymous

Yes, darling, you are.  But we love you, anyway.

Anonymous

an octopus has three hearts...

Anonymous

A sloth moves so slowly that moss can actually grow on them.
Second thing about Sloths: They CAN get so angry that they can cut up a pair of regulation style leather army boots with their claws (Happened to my uncle.)

Elephants can purr like cats to communicate.

President Kennedy was the fastest random speaker in the world with upwards of 350 words per minute.

According to suicide statistics, Monday is the favored day for self-destruction.

Isaac Asimov is the only author to have a book in every Dewey-decimal category.

Tally

The most expensive coffee in the world is Kopi Luwak. The coffee cherries are fed to cats, the beans are excreted, cleaned, and brewed. x_x Yeah. Cat shit coffee. A pound goes for like $600. It's $10 for a ten ounce cup of it. Digestive enzymes break down the bitterness or some such, making it like the smoothest coffee ever. (Apparently. I've never tasted it.)

Anonymous

not moss, algea! S'why they're kinda green. Moss grows on plants, and would make the sloth look like a chia pet xD.

Anonymous

Boned and deboned mean the same thing.

English is a special language.