Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Random Facts

Started by Anonymous, June 07, 2007, 09:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Charles Darwin, despite causing perhaps the greatest argument against faith in history, is buried in Westminster Abbey.

Anonymous

I can totally lick my elbow, I do it all the time just cause I can....lol

Anonymous

Facetious and abstemious are the two words most commonly found in the English language with all five vowels in the order in which they appear in the alphabet.  And facetiously even gets the y in.

Also, strengths is the longest word with only one vowel.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Lee"Facetious and abstemious are the two words most commonly found in the English language with all five vowels in the order in which they appear in the alphabet.  And facetiously even gets the y in.

Also, I would imagine, two of the few words Carrot can spell with no trouble at all.

Anonymous

QuoteAlso, I would imagine, two of the few words Carrot can spell with no trouble at all.

*Snickerdie* Facetious I can see.  But I think he might have trouble with abstemious.  He might think from the pronunciation that the "e" was an "i" or something.

Rhindeer

Duuude, I just realized that Evie and I both posted the spider thing at the exact same time, 10:20 PM. o.o PSYCHIC CONNECTION.

Anyway! More facts!

The US government apparently has a law that makes it illegal for citizens to have contact with extraterrestrials and their vehicles. Hmm.

The electric chair was invented by a dentist. >_>;;;
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Over 1000 birds a year die from smashing into windows.

Flamingo’s can only eat with their head upside down.

The largest painting on earth is a 72437 square foot smiley face.

At 90′ below zero your breath will freeze in mid-air and fall to the ground.

and finally, for those who fear spiders:
Did you know that you are more likely to be killed by a champagne cork than a by a poisonous spider?

Anonymous

In one year, more people are killed by vending machines (presumably trying to retrieve change) than by wolves (which is usually... none).

This leads to the question, how does one kill oneself trying to retrieve change from a vending machine?

Anonymous

ALRIGHT.

In Lebanon it is legal for a man to have sexual intercourse with any female animal. It is illegal for a man to have sex with a male animal.

In Pennsylvania there is a town named 'intercourse'.

Shakespeare made up the word 'assassin'.

Marie Antoinette had four children.

I still love camels.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Emoosts"In Pennsylvania there is a town named 'intercourse'.

In North Carolina, there's a town called Climax.

Anonymous

sodomy is illegal in most state and is punishable with life in prison.

My question is how the hell do you get caught?