Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Bonjour~

Started by Anonymous, June 16, 2007, 04:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Hello denizens of SotE. I'm Aiobhan. I've been looking about for an RP community that isn't full of illiteracy, egotistical mods, or crazed fangirls. And this looks like a lot of effort has been put in to make it a good place to RP... so I'm going to try it on for size.

I've been around for a while, and have moderated and participated in countless RP boards, sites, and groups. I'm pretty good. I'm also an English major, so you don't need to worry much about grammar and whatnot ^^;

Outside of RP, I'm ridiculously diverse in my interests. I love cartoons (my current addiction is Foster's), philosophy, art, theatre, technology, and religion. I'm a classically trained soprano with a soft spot for Broadway, a lit geek, and a complete computer nerd (see: I am my friend's tech support).

So! I'm excited to start exploring SotE. I'm sure you'll see me around.

=D

Anonymous

Hello, and welcome to the game. An English major and a Broadway person? I think I love you. ^^

Anonymous

Anonymous

Haha! Nice.

Welcome to SotE! Glad ya like it. I love this place<3 If ya ever need someone to rp with, hit me up.

And, most of all, enjoy yourself :3

Anonymous

Bah, sopranos.  Dime a dozen.

...Just kidding. *Grins* I'm a classically-in-training alto. ...Well, I guess I don't know what I am, since my teacher tends to work with me on soprano stuff but I'm best at alto notes... but yeah. Also, totally with the Broadway soft spot.

Anyway, hi, I'm Lee, I'm a loser and tend to ramble pointlessly, with great frequency, and at great lengths, and believe me I wouldn't have been here either if there were bad grammar because it gives me headaches. So yes.  Go artsy techy English geeks. *Grins* Glad to have you join us.

As for the mods... they're AWESOME, and while some of us are crazed fangirls, it's in a civilized sort of way.  ...And our characters aren't.  So yeah. Mostly safe here. <strike>Except for the contagious insanity.</strike>

Anonymous

Yeah right. Bah, altos; I was one until I hit 14. Then my voice went though puberty and I got a bunch more octaves in the soprano range and lost the ability to hit tenor notes. =[

Cool that you're being trained ^^ My teacher is amazing. I've only been with her three years, but she's the best one I've had yet.

And don't worry about the insanity. I've had it for quite some time now >.>;

Anonymous

I have an embarrasingly good soprano range, actually, if I bother to work at it.  I probably would have been one if my choir director hadn't needed someone to sing second alto and I ended up strengthening there.  I'll have been with my teacher for... two years, I think now--first teacher ever, but I've been a musician since the ickleyears, so I only had to learn how to sing, not phrasing or anything about music per se.  Makes it my favouritest thing ever.  I laugh at how girly the tenors sound sometimes. Especially this one skinny boy about a foot and a half taller than me.  I can sound more manly than he can. *Snorts*

Yeah... basically, I kept singing around the house and always had good pitch/voice, and finally my parents were like "Okay, fine.  Before you destroy your vocal chords, go have a teacher." It was a Yey thing.

*Wryly* I think insanity is a side effect of writing. Or a cause, perhaps.

Anonymous

I am honestly instrument retarded. I've tried all kinds, and always seem to fail at them. But I've been singing professionally since I was 7, and I finally got a serious trainer when I was 12. I'm glad I at least have that x_x since it seems I will never be able to accompany myself on an instrument.

Insanity isn't the side-effect of writing; it's the Muse.

Anonymous

I'm actually not a bad instrumentalist... I just can't seem to manage the two at the same time yet.  It's harder than just doing one or the other. *Sulk* And it annoys me.  I wanna play a mandolin and sing.

Heh.  There's actually some book out about that, about insanity and muses and stuff like that... I forget who wrote it, and I don't really know what his point was after the interview, but there's one out there.

Anonymous

Is it the one about the voices in your head? Because uh... it was totally on The Colbert Report, of which I am the biggest fan ever (seriously. I am. No contest.)

It was called... Madmen, Mystics, and Muses, I think. Could be wrong. Oh well.

Aside: Teehee, mandolin~

Rhindeer

W00t! Welcome to SotE!

By the way, I peeked at your site and it's made of awesome. :3 Irish-Celtic stuff = love.

Also...eee. So many talented people. Ahaha, I can't sing making ears bleed and I've never played an instrument. Always wanted to learn flute or violin though. Ah, maybe one day.

Broadway is also a not-so-secret love of mine. <3

Yaar! Anyway! *wavies* I'm Rhi! Obviously! And welcome again! Hope you have a lot of fun here, and if you have any questions at all, feel free to ask. :3

And apologies if any of this is incoherent. I just woke up from napping goodness. >_> Yay for a day of housework, ahaha!
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

You visited MetaSpiritual? x3 Sha-weet. It's my baby - I only started it up a few months ago to catalogue my assortment of religious, philosophic and occult goodies, and since then it's metamorphosed into a hub for my religion snark page and I'll probably end up moving TeenWicca's webportal over to it.

So much to do, so little time.

^^ It's nice to meet you, Mz. SotE Mommy.

Rhindeer

I visited it indeed! :3 It's really nice and well done, and *waves flag* fellow pagan here!

Plus religion in general just fascinates me, and religion snark amuses and pleases me to no end. The two go hand in hand, really.

But yush! Nice to meet you, too, Aiobahn!
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

....... *JUMPS ON and crows with delight!* Yay! Colbert Nation!  And I will not start the argument about biggest Colbert fan. 'Cause I may not be, but I know someone who is. Hee.

...Er. *Cough* I blame a friend of mine who turned me into a Jonphen fangirl about two years ago.  Just after the 2004 elections too... The title of the book kept making me think of a line of Theseus' from A Midsummer Night's Dream, which is what was confusing me -- "the poet, the lover, and the madman." It's in his speech to Hippolyta in... act five, scene one, I believe. Something like that. That's why I couldn't remember it. I was remembering the line instead of the title. Stupid head.

...THAT's it! Muses, Madmen, and Prophets.  That guy never got to the point...

(Yes, mandolin.  It wasn't even too expensive, for the make... *Cuddles it possessively*)

Anonymous

I dressed up as him and made a powerpoint for my AP US History project.
and got an A.

I am the biggest fan and willing to prove it.

You quoted Shakespeare, too.

Gah, be my friend. =D

Anonymous

*Wry smile* I'm not contesting it.  But again--friend of mine who specifically took a class with a TDS/TCR fan just to have Stephen discussions in class, who seriously mentions him in almost every discussion I've known her to have, and has all these old Exit 57 bits that are impossible to find. Not to mention complete Strangers with Candy. She might argue with you. *Grins* By the way? SO AWESOME! *Grins* I chatted about the White House Correspondents' Dinner once with our AP US teacher, and he's liked me ever since even though I'm not a history person and would never take his class.

God, don't get me started quoting Shakespeare.  I was Puck in Midsummer last July/August--I think I memorized everyone else's lines on top of my own. And still remember half of them.  And have a bad tendency to memorize any Shakespeare I can.  That quote of yours is one of my favourites.  I also like the one about the fall of sparrow (very end of Hamlet V.i, just before the fencing match).  And, of course, Polonius's speech about Hamlet's madness.  And... um. Yeah. A lot of things.  I forgot the most of the St. Crispin's Day speech, though, excpet the very opening and very end, and I used to know it so well...

*Giggles* I think it may be unavoidable at this point.