Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Fresh Meat!

Started by Anonymous, June 16, 2007, 06:55:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Uh, hi... don't eat me? Or at least let me introduce myself first?

The name's Elleth, 21 and from the Middle of Nowhere -- Germany. Student of English Language and Literature as well as Archaeology at Hamburg University, so hopefully the language difference shouldn't present an issue here. But enough of the boring stuff - if there's anything you'd like to know, just ask. :)

I've been - quite obsessively so - roleplaying a variety of characters (both OCs and canon characters) since 2001, mainly in the Tolkien fandom, and many of them elveses are still in my head - they just won't leave, but then the problem might be that I don't want them to. Oh well, that's those pointy-eared critters for you, I suppose.

So... yeah. I'm not good at intros - again... if there's anything, just ask. I don't bite - unless you ask nicely. Or unless you're a roast chicken. In that case, beware, for I shall hunt you down.

... also, I'm not good at cracking jokes, but you probably noticed that by now. *coughs*

Erm, so... looking forward to joining the game! :)

Anonymous

Hello, nice to meet you, and welcome to the game. You should have fun here - I certainly am, and I've only been here since the beginning of the month.

Anonymous

Yar! Welcome Matey!

You should join one of them thar pointy eared fellers. I ain't seen none of them 'round here. Which gives me an idear on me next character.

Blah. Sorry about that. Don't know what came over me. <.<
Anywho, like I said. Welcome to SotE! Around here, there's usually frolicking, feasting <strike>on new people</strike>, and general all around merriment.

So..uh...WELCOME!!!

Anonymous

TOLKIENFAN! *GLOMPSON!*

...er...

*Cough* Okay. Let me start that again.  Hi, I'm Lee, I'm a loser, I snark and will probably be happy to join in the joke-cracking, and... yes.  Also, that is awesome--I was learning German years ago and was almost starting to be able to speak in sentences, but then I had to stop taking the classes because of time constraints and now I can barely remember any of it, and it's not as easy to learn as Italian from just listening to operas. *Grins*

Now on to business: which of the canon pointy-eared-ones do you happen to have in your head? *Curious look*  (Also, I have a character who totally stole Anduril. *Points to picture* See? *Grin*)

Anonymous

Aubrey: Thank you very much for the welcome! I'm still a little intimidated by the vastness of this world, and it may take some time until I find my way around (being shy does that to you :oops: ), but I'm definitely looking forward to players. Hearing from someone else who is pretty new certainly is an encouragement!  :D

Crono: Ooooh, pirate! Arrr, I be one of 'em! Which gives me an idea for a character, but no. Just no... an elven pirate?  :shock:  Are there even pirates in SotE? - And if you decide to take on an elf, I daresay I'll be open for play! As I will be for anyone else, I suppose. ;)
Anyway, thank you for the welcome!

Lee: *GLOMPSBACK* Tolkienfan, eeeh, awesome! As a rule, those people usually aren't losers, so you'll have a hard time making me believe that you are one. ;)
You were learning German? - wow... that's rather brave, it is one heck of a difficult language (that coming from a native speaker, no less) and mastering it that much is quite a feat! If you ever need any help, ich bin hier!

My pointy-eared ones? Many of them... I'm a Silmarillion fan rather than LotR (which is still one of the greatest pieces ever written), so my elves tend to come from that direction: Míriel, Nerdanel, Amrod and Amras as well as Elwing have all been in my head rather frequently, but so did Galadriel, Elladan and Gildor Inglorion, along with a whole bunch of OCs from the city of Gondolin, and going into greater depth here might make the post a little too long. ;) I may end up playing one (or a version of one) of those, a dandyish Sinda writer-turned-fugitive called Heledir, he's by far the loudest voice in my head. I guess I'll put up a character profile for this version of him sooner or later.

*grins* A character of yours stole Anduril? Aragorn won't be happy, I guess. :D How did yours come by it?

Thank you for the welcome!

Anonymous

Danke schön! And there ends the extent of my readily available German, at this point.  Ah, what might have been.  *Grins at*  Oooo, Nerdanel! *Grins* Feanor was always a favourite of mine, lunatic though he is... Frankly, as far as elves are concerned, the Silmarillion is the place to go, as LotR elves mean Legolas more often than not and frankly Orlando Bloom made me go "....oooor not...."  I think that Glorfindel may be my favourite, though.  Or Elladan and Elrohir.  Mmm, yes.  I kind of love the Gondolin thing--although it may be due to something read with Glorfindel, I don't recall.  But yeah.  *Frowns* there was someone else I always really liked, if I can remember who it was... hmm.  Finarfin or someone--whoever Feanor's brother was who stabbed Morgoth in the foot... And kind of Celeborn, as well.  Not so much Galadriel, I don't know why--I think she always freaked me out just a little bit.  But Celeborn somehow seems cool.

EDIT: Oh, right, and basically a character of mine needed a sword, liked Anduril, so I snatched it from the movie picture of it.  *Shrugs* He's got big hands, so the hilt was good for him and stuff. And yeah. *Giggles* Long pointy objects. Yey.

Anonymous

You're welcome.

Yes, Feanor. I fangirl him like I fangirl nobody else, lunatic or no. Except that I don't fangirl like that. But... he is the - er, most persistent crush I ever had on a fictional character?

The Silmarillion definitely has the better elves... but then that's the First Age and they are still young. Some thousand years later, and we get Legolas. Err.  :? I never liked Orlando Bloom's portrayal very much, although book-Legolas wasn't too bad... but Celeborn? Eh. I'm all for tall, silver-haired elves, but not Celeborn. Give me Thingol anytime, gotta love snarky Sindarin Kings.

My love for Gondolin perhaps isn't all that inexplicable, as I've been playing in the Gondolin RPG on LiveJournal almost as long as I've been in the online-fandom... it's also where Heledir originally comes from. (If you're curios, my www button leads to my userpage which has some more info and links on my RP-characters).

Fingolfin was the one to stab Morgoth's foot, Finarfin turned back in Araman, but they're both rather nifty characters, although both pale in comparison to Feanor. (Obsessed, me? Nevah.)

Heh. Freudian imagery ahoi! ;)