Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

It's Just My Job...

Started by Anonymous, June 24, 2007, 12:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"This place has...Lost it's worth...How pitiful..."

That was the murmuring of the disgruntled young woman stalking through the streets of Reajh. Her tattered black cloak fluttered behind her as she trailed through the shadows. Strands of golden hair could be seen underneath the deep hood as they rustled about the woman's sapphire eyes.

"There aren't even any worthwhile people to extract information from..." She added softly.

Anyone within the underground world of information trade knew of the cloaked woman, even if only by name. And that name was Citea. It was widely-known that she could get anything out of anyone. She had resorted to everything from torture to seduction...Even though she usually tried to avoid the latter. In her opinion, no one deserved that service from her unless they were very, VERY tight-lipped. But torture normally worked.

"Now where is there to go around here where it does not wreak of imesiles...?..." The female mumbled to herself, blue orbs taking a sweep of the surrounding area. The only decent-looking establishment was called Havest Moon. With a reluctant sigh, she turned gracefully and glided inside the relatively crowded inn.

Having no desire to bring unneeded attention to herself, Citea took a seat in a rather shadowed corner of the building, propping her black-booted feet up onto the table.

Anonymous

Shadow travelled to Reajh in search for any work to keep him occupied and his talents to his standards, He wondered when he actually tried to calm down and relax for awhile but with the low paid jobs he is getting lately he does not have the luxury to do so.  

“Clean? Well hope this place houses wealth� he spoke in a lowly tone

He began walking through the city barging through the commoners that seem to purposely get in his way “Outta the way!,� he was starting to become inpatient. He stopped a random commoner to ask a question, he wore a brown cotton shit and scruffy grew leggings, “Do you happen to know place of work?� he ask curiously
“I… erm� the man seemed intimidated by Shadow
“Do you!?� His teeth started gritting
“Bounty?â€?  Whimpered the commoner
Shadow knew he wont be getting anything out of him, Useless he thought as he started looking around the city.

He stood in front of a building named ‘Harvest Moon’, he saw another citizen “What in Shadocus’s name is this place?�
“Tis is a place of gathering, an inn sir� politely he spoke
“I thank you� He had not been spoken to formally for awhile now, he knew why but it would be nice to hear it often. I guess I should rest up before finding some work I guess he thought

He walked towards the door and pushed it aside with a bit to much force “Oh dear, a bit light� he chuckled, he looked to find some looking in disgrace at his actions, but other then that it was a pretty packed inn and had somewhat a nice but chilling atmosphere. Shadow looked for the bar “where… ah� he found the bar attended with many drunkards.

He paced towards the bar, he hasn’t had a decent drink in awhile “Give me the best you have to offer�
“That be…�
Before he finished giving the price Shadow had thrown down some gold pieces “Keep it� he smirked
Thus finally receiving the nice cool drink he walked slowly towards a table whilst enjoying his drink.

He found an empty and decided to slowly consume the spirit. He looked around to find many people laughing, singing and sharing much gossip, but their was a woman who caught his eye, though he could not properly make her out due to the darkness shrouding her, he could tell she was the mysterious type.
Interesting…

Anonymous

As she sat in her corner, Citea felt Shadow's piercing eyes upon her. Turning her sapphire orbs towards him slowly, she stared back at him for a moment with a slight scowl. After this brief visual standoff, the woman glanced boredly again at her table. Picking up the sweet bun in front of her with two fingers, she took a rather unenthusuastic bite, pouted slightly, and then licked her long fingers.

"Human food like this is so disgusting..." She grumbled in disgust, dropping the bun back to a somewhat lackluster plate. With a wave of her hand, she summoned a waiter.

"Does this pitiful place have anything resembling chocolate?" Citea demanded, glancing at the man from under her hood with an arched brow.

"Um...Y-yes ma'am...One moment..." He stuttered as he whirled around and hurried off in fear.

After a moment of obviously annoyed waiting, the waiter shuffled back, carrying a shaking tray of chocolate cake. He set it down in front of the informant with a hasty bow.

"Good." That was her version of a "thank you". In this case, that was all the young woman felt he deserved. She had no reason to respect people who lacked backbone. It was simply pitiful.

Picking up her fork, Citea cut a piece of the cake and took a bite. Hmph...I suppose this will suffice for now... She thought with an exasperated sigh as she took another bite and glanced back in Shadow's direction curiously.

Anonymous

Shadow still watching the mysterious woman thought it was best to keep an eye on her she seemed to be eating slowly, which he thought she was telling him something perhaps? No, Maximus don’t think like that, he thought as he continued to consume his drink which in the end ran out. “Ah damn it, Someone, anyone?� he looked around “Another drink please?� he asked hoping someone would actually get him one. He had seen a waiter go past him and seemed to have ignored Shadow’s request Rude…

The woman seemed to be speaking to the waiter I was closer he sighed, The waiter had come towards him again “ah about…â€? before he had finished the waiter hurried past him. Shadow thought he could wait for another drink later. He stood and re-adjusted his gear for his comfort and while at it decided to check his inventory right… check… check… Shadow started to pat down his leggings rather rapidly “What!â€? he gasped “Where is my tetsugen?â€? he began to panic as his unique kunai had vanish.  

He decided to calm down as he knew he was probably was making a fool out of him self, which as he thinks, he is no fool. He slowly sat down again and thought to himself it was best to have a thorough search later, he also noticed the waiter had already passed him and seemed to have delivered the woman chocolate cake “Ah, woman’s favourite, nothing beats chocolateâ€? he sniggered, hoping she never heard. Again the waiter approached Shadow’s direction “hey waiter don’t you dare walk past me again!â€? he decided to up his tone.  The waiter finally stopped
“Ye… yes?� he was shook up
“May I have the same stuff that was pored into the fine mug?�
“What was it sir?�
“If I only knew… I don’t know go find out… NOW!â€? Shadow’s patients was running  thin.
“Ok� he strode past him. Shadow wondered to himself of why he was shaking, he was not sure if he was intimidating or the mysterious woman gave him the scare.

Shadow look up at the wooden ceiling and dazed into a quick day dream, whist waiting patiently for his drink… with the remaining patients he has. After his heavenly dream he glanced towards the woman yet again, most interesting Shadow was debating whether it was wise to approach her.

Anonymous

Citea flashed another scowl in Shadow's direction, having heard his rather sarcastic comment about her choice of desert.

"You know...It is rather rude to stare at people..." She hissed softly, suddenly in front of the man's table. People at the surrounding tables seemed to be rather startled, as no one had noticed her stand or even approach the seated man. It was as if she had merely...Appeared there.

"I also find it quite annoying while I am trying to eat..." The young woman added, her eyes narrowed slightly in anger.

Besides being known as an amazing informant, Citea was also known for her short temper. That was one of the first reasons many informers would simply tell her what she needed to know and then let her inflict whatever punishment she wished...All they could do would be to hope that she would be somewhat merciful for their cooperation. But it was unlikely. Highly unlikely.

"I would also advise that you keep your sarcastic remarks to yourself...It will get you in many problems in your future..." Her smooth and slightly accented voice had now lowered nearly to a menacing whisper as she gave this warning.

"Believe me, there are many that will not be NEARLY as leniant as I would be...You understand?"

Anonymous

Shadow was pretty astonished at her speed, he only blinked to notice she vanished from the table, then appeared in front of him. He could not help but smirk as he cannot take threats seriously “Well what can I say, I guess I forgot about my manners,â€? he started to check out the threatening woman to his surprise she was no ordinary female. “So what’s your name?â€? he spoke “I’m Ma… Shadowâ€?.  He knew she probably never really cared but anything to amaze him, he loved to joke around in what seemed serious situations.

He noticed the waiter placed his drink beside him “Good� he said, hoping the woman would catch on that he was mocking her. “I don’t really take kindly to mere threats� he spoke as he brought the mug towards his mouth another mercenary perhaps? thinking what her occupation could possibly be.

Shadow started consuming his drink then placed the mug onto the table, he then stared into her rather remarkable sapphire eyes waiting to be threatened some more. Shadow always loved to wind others up and causing a scene.

Anonymous

Citea arched an eyebrow, obviously even more annoyed by the man's crude remarks.

"Tch...You seriously think that I would waste my time carrying out any threats to a nothing like you?!" She questioned with a snarl, placing her hand upon a cockily tilted hip. This moved aside her cloak enough to reveal a long tattoo snaking up her right arm. It was a network of intricate, black vines that wound around her pale apendage from her hand to her shoulder, pressumably.

"I have better ways to waste my time, thank you very much...Also, I could car eless what your name is. My own is certainly not your business." She added with a slight tilt of her head that sent her long hair cascading from under her hood to cover her eyes. Maybe it was just a trick of the lights, but for a moment, there seemed to be a flash of blood red in the woman's orbs. The hue of blood red that was full of nothing but malice and malevolance.

But it must have just been the lights.

Anonymous

“I for one am worth wasting your time on� he winked.

He looked at her and her signals were pretty clear, she is pissed. She decided to show off her body work “Well if that’s what you call a tattoo these days I rather not see anymore that you may have� he began to chuckle and attempted to take a sip of his drink but slightly coughed it up laughing.

Shadow slowly stood while she flung her golden hair which clashed with her sapphire eyes amazing… he started to smile “anything else you wish to say M‘lady?� he spoke in a formal tone which probably was not improving the situation.

Shadow then decided to throw his legs onto the table whist making himself comfy “Oh and another thing� he quickly added “What’s with them orbs?� he spoke curiously

Anonymous

"I highly doubt that you are, as no person is worth wasting my time. No one is that special." Citea retorted flatly, letting her cloak settle back around her as she crossed her arms. She simply had NO tolerance for people, especially men, who tried to be witty and coy.

"And nothing is 'with my orbs', as you so aptly stated it. Are eyes really so amazing to you because of the size of your obviously small brain?" She shot back now, the red again momentarily returning in the process.

Without warning, the mug containing Shadow's drink exploded, sending procelain shrapnel flying about the table. The infromant was staring at it coldly as she whipped around and started off haughtily.

"Ugh...What a waste of my oxygen...I'd rather be anywhere but this ridiculous place..." She mumbled as she stalked through the door, slamming it behind her.

Her grumbling could still faintly be heard as she stomped down the street outside.

Anonymous

He could stand hostile words but when it came to violence it did tick him off, he stood there listening to her abuse whist thinking what to throw back at her.

Until suddenly his mug exploded “The hell!?â€? he shouted in surprise, “That was my drink!â€? his tone of voice suddenly became hostile but before he could say anything she had stormed out of the inn. He looked at the silent but slightly amused crowd “Hey nothing to see here, go back to drinking you useless drunkards,â€? he hissed as he spun around on his bench then stood up. Right I need to find her, I have many questions he thought.  

Before he left he thanked the barman, whilst at it he also checked his contract from his organisation ‘Eclipse’ ok my mark is here in this city somewhere… he was going to ask around about the location his mark it supposed  to be but no one seems to know anything here, unless they were thieves or any of the like.

Shadow walked towards the door to find a small crack near the handle which made him instantly smirk. But this mood was soon killed when he could not find her anywhere in this crowd “Oh great now its hide ‘n seekâ€? he growled  as he barged through the streets. “Has anyone seen a woman with gold hair and sapphire eyes?â€? endless asking resulted in failure where could she be?

Suddenly a random boy had barged into him “Watch it!� Shadow moaned,�
“Ah I’m sorry sir,�
“Do it again then you will be� he threatened. The boy then ran off, Shadow found this suspicious but thought nothing of it. Shadow continued his search.

Anonymous

((Shadow is from Eclipse also? O_O So is Citea...))

Having no desire to have more of her time wasted, Citea had easily leapt upon the roof of another inn and perched on the edge.

"Hmph...Why is that meddlesome male following me...?!" She snarled in annoyance under her breath. She hated being followed, as she was already a rather paronoid person. You had to be, in her line of work. Even glancing at the wrong person could be a fatal mistake.

After a few moments of annoyed curses and grumblings, she decided that it was best to merely stay silent. Her black cloak seemed to blend her almost perfectly into the dark surroundings and sky. Only the light glint of her blue eyes could be glimpsed from underneath the depths of her hood.

Who is this man? The woman pondered curiously. He certainly wasn't on her list of informers, and she could not remember encountering him before. And her memory was flawless.

He could be an assassin...Hmph...That would be so troublesome...The last thing I need if one more person watching my every move...

Anonymous

"Ok I'll guess I will call it a day, although the day has just started" he smiled as he loves the night. It was his religion, a scarce one at that. He looked up at the sky watching the moon, "Still plenty of time to scan the area" he mumbled

Shadow re-adjusted his armour yet again "gah, needs re-fitting again" he snarled, huh? Shadow checked his belt to find his money pouch had gone, The boy? he questioned himself as he was thinking  what was more important, the information or the gold. "This is not happening" he shouted as he stomped the ground.

He decided to ask the crowd "have you seen a boy" no one answered his question, yet again. his temper was on a short straw, one small annoyance will just piss him off.

"Right where the hell are you woman! you know who you are" Shadow was not receiving the friendliest of faces. he looked around and no reply had accord… yet as he was hoping.

Shadow then decided to remember the boys appearance, he wore a cotton blue shirt and black patched up bottoms and Short dark hair. This is all he could gather in his mind.

Anonymous

"You're awful noisy..." Came Citea's voice from a nearby alley. She was leaned casually again a wall, her pale arms again crossed underneath her cloak.

"And you're rather foolish...To let yourself be robbed so easily..." She added with a slight smirk, lifting one arm to expose something in her hand. It was Shadow's pouch. Down the alley, the form a running youth could be seen faintly as he dashed off in fear. "Really pitiful, you know...You should be on your guard at all times..."

"And you know who I am?" She gave a slightly taunting laugh. "Ha. I highly doubt you really know...But think what you wish...Who do you think I am?" She questioned curiously, tilting her blonde head slightly to one side, sapphire eyes again glinting in the moonlight.

Anonymous

"The one and only... er, not sure" he replied, he thought he better not tease her this time, "Thanks..." he mumbled, Shadow is not much of a fan for manners. "Anyway I never needed help getting my pouch, and secondly you never gave me your name" he spoke as he took his pouch from her hand.

"Look i need information, you look the type to know, I need to know if you know of someone, I have a job that needs finished." Shadow then took out a piece of paper from his right legging "His name is Tewstern Ooretien" he spoke clearly, as he slowly rolled the paper up and stuck it back into his legging.

He then crossed his arms, which to his surprise started to look at her tattoo.

Anonymous

"Tch...Like hell you didn't...Did you seriously think no one noticed you standing in the middle of the road worrying about it? Don't insult me like that..." Citea scoffed, shaking down her dark hood. Her long hair poured over her shoulders and down to her ankles, glimmering dimly in the light.

"And if you insist on knowing my name...It is Citea...That's all you need to know..."

She then thought got a moment at the sound of the name. "Tewstern Ooretein...Yes...I've heard of him...He's on my current list of...Customers..." She explained mysteriously, twirling a strand of hair around her pale fingers. "Might I ask why you need him? He must be quite a troublesome thing, I suppose..."

The young woman arched an eyebrow slightly as he eyed her tattoo. "Well?"

Anonymous

"Ah... Citea!?" He said in amazement, Shadow could not help but look at her curiously. "Citeakari Sahmara?" he gasped, "As I live and breath, you have been mentioned a few times back at Eclipse", Shadow saw her long blond hair, “Don't your hair weigh you down?" he chuckled, he made sure he was at least on alert, as he has heard stories of her temper when used against men.

"Tewstern Ooretein is your 'customer'? He must be a lucky man" Shadow smirked, holding himself trying not to laugh. "Well you could call him a friend" Shadow then noticed some guards patrolling, Shit He quickly reacted slipping on his hood "I'm getting... the chills" he spoke softly, hiding the truth.

Anonymous

At the mention of her full name, Citea visibly twitched. "Do not...Refer to me by that name...I despise it..." She snarled softly, arching an eyebrow in annoyance. "And no, it doesn't 'weigh me down'. I've had it this way for almost 5,000 years, if you must know..." Her frown deepened at his sniggers. As she did so, shadows seemed to slink up from the alley around her and curl around her boots.

"Watch your puny jokes, if you wish to keep your tongue..." She added with a hiss, the red glint again returning to her sapphire eyes. "Anyone in their right mind is not 'lucky' to be my customer...As they usually end up dead." She explained simply.

"And...Wait...You're from Eclipse? How come I've never seen you?" The woman demanded skeptically. "How long have you been in it? Dear Ra...They must really be desparate for members, hm?" She gave him a slightly evil smirk.

Anonymous

Shadow smiled "Well firstly, I like that name" he laughed, he noticed her eyes turn red "Lighten up, and five thousand years?" he looked in shock "You sure? do you have trouble with math?" he never realised what he quite said but he knew it was not good, "Wow you must wear a lot of make up to hide them wrinkles" His face began lo look lost.

He looked down at the ground to prevent anyone looking at his face, "whoa, you must wear them down, with five thousand years experience, not surprised they die" an evil chuckled erupted.

"I'm from Eclipse indeed, lets just say I'm more of a hidden gem, kept quiet about" He raised his head to look in her direction whist slipping his hood off "Been here for a few months, I lost count"

Anonymous

"I thought I told you to be quiet..." Citea hissed dangerously. Within a mere moment, she was in front of Shadow again, a scythe against his throat. The weapon seemed to have come out of thin air, its extremely long blade glinting in the dim light.

"I have no trouble with math, and I do not wear make-up...That foul powder is ridiculous and only makes ugly people look worse..." She snarled, the eyes flashing crimson again.

"And I do not 'wear them down'...You perverted twit, those stupid men are not customers of that sort! What kind of person do you think I am?!" The woman demanded, obviously highly irritated. In fact, fangs seemed to momentarily appear in her mouth.

"And lastly, I have no idea how someone as annoying as you got into Eclipse. Based on what I have seen, I highly doubt that you are a 'hidden gem'. Don't flatter yourself...You need to learn your place..."

Anonymous

Shadow was caught by surprise but did no flinch, Shadow decided to get serious “I have had many blades to my throat,� he spoke, he looked at her emotionlessly "If you are attempting to scare me or quiet me down, you are wrong� Shadow then grabbed the Scythe's blade with his right hand, pushing it away.

Shadow drew his sword and stood into a defensive position “I must admit, your tricks slightly amaze me� He smirked “Show me how to do ‘em sometime,� chuckling to himself

Shadow slowly moved a pace towards her, “If you wish to finish me… Come and get it!� he roared.
“I have learnt my place… Citeakari Sahmara�