Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Curious Group

Started by Anonymous, June 25, 2007, 06:04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Ryder blinked. "... I'm asking you two to hug each other... I'm not taking any part of it... How is this sexual harrassment? And you're both close in the age range, right?" He looked at Pace, and then Mo. "You have get past this... This barrier! Hug! Do I need to shove you two together?"

What was a matter with these two? Had they always been like this, and he just hadn't noticed it? Impossible! He was always aware of his surroundings...

Anonymous

Kahlen said nothing to his apology, staring at the stairs as she trudged up them. This was very strange...Why was he suddenly talking to her? Eun'ee had hardly talked to her much before. What had changed? Ugh. Too much confusion and thought...She forced the musings out of her already hazy mind.

"Hm? Wh-why am I here?" She glanced at him with her mis-matched eyes again and blinked once more. "Um...It's kind of a long and confusing story... Not that interesting, though..." She replied hastily, rubbing the back of her head and smiling sheepishly.

She had lied. The story wasn't long, and it definately wasn't that boring. Either way, she didn't really know what had brought on this sudden inquiry, and she didn't feel like anyone needed to know the answer. She would probably become the butt of more mental jokes. Just what she needed. Not.

Giving another glance back, she wondered what punishment had been dealt upon the slackers.

Anonymous

It was about time Pace began to lose her patience. Which was exceedingly rare - at least for her to voice it. She had never really gotten along with Mo - most of the time, she just avoided the other girl. After all, a considerable amount of Pace's time consisted of sleeping, the occasional reading, and sewing and eating and cooking and sleeping a whole hell of a lot more. There wasn't much time for allowing anyone - especially someone as annoying as Mo - into her tight schedule of self-amusement.

"I dislike physical contact," Pace said deliberately - which was quite true. It wasn't just Mo, but she tended to avoid it with everyone else in the building. Even when their elbows had been touching she had jerked them away. She watched Mo walk off for a moment and tilted her head.

Nope. The mere thought of hugging Mo made her shudder - she'd probably vomit on the other girl. The thought of that, however, made Pace break out in loud and probably inappropriate laughter. Pace sighed at the end, wiping her eyes. Whatever. She'd rather sit there and be excluded from exams and kicked out then have to be someone she wasn't. Granted, if for a mission, physical contact didn't bother her. That was different - she enjoyed her missions and she had no other contact with those people. After all, most of it involved violence rather than something that indicated a personal relationship.

"If you want to kick me out, be my guest," she told him lazily, a hand sliding through her red hair. Her tongue flicked out boredly, touching on the lip ring. She could become a merchant. She knew some people - she could figure out something. She always did. At least she wouldn't have to deal with Mo and Eun'ee and Kahlen anymore. A small pang for missing them and the space they filled, but all in all, that small, vague emptiness could be filled with much more and better things. Pace was determined she didn't need them for anything other than missions.

Anonymous

Eun'ee shrugged. "Ah, we've got time. And I think pretty much any story's interesting. So what do you--?" Then he stopped to listen to the commotion downstairs. Great. "What, they get to come anyway?"

At Ryder's question, Mo turned and looked over her shoulder, a brow arched. "Didn't you just say that you'd make us do something more provocative if we refused? That's what I was referring to." She took hold of the rail and began to make her way up before she realized that Eun'ee, who'd been talking with Kahlen just minutes before, was blocking the top of the stairs. "Funny, Eency. Very funny. Lemme up."

Eun'ee didn't move. "Hug her."

"I most certainly won't."

"Oh?"

Mo made a face at him, sticking her tongue out playfully. "What? You can make me?" He wouldn't do anything...right? She blinked and saw him standing at the bottom of the stairs.

Holding her headband.

She made a squeaking sound and clenched her hands into fists. "Give it!"

"Hug her."

"Oh you--! Ohhh..." Mo looked at Pace and pointed at her again. "She just said she doesn't like physical contact. Ergo, I won't hug her." With a flat expression, Eun'ee proceeded to act as if he were going to break her favorite headband. "Agh! Don't!" I won't admit defeat. Not to that commoner! Vive la rich! VIVE LA RICH!

((...I have no idea why I wrote that last little bit. xD;; ))

Anonymous

Kahlen turned slightly and watched the numerous bickerings taking place. How did she ever end up with these people? They were so roudy and uncooperative. Maybe Mistress and Kimira hadn't been that bad... Sighing, she kept at her trek up the stairs, running a hand through her black hair.

She really hate these fights. They were so pointless and immature...Did Mo and Pace really want to be kicked out? Was hugging so traumatic?! She could understand them not exactly being overjoyed about it but...There was a fine line between being prideful and just plain stubborn.

"Just...Do it..." She murmured softly, giving a final glance backwards. For a moment, there almost seemed to be a hint of roughness in her voice. All these battles were getting on her last nerve. This was sad, because Kahlen had an unusual amount of nerve. If this kept up for too much longer, she had it in the back of her mind to just up and leave.

Tch...Like she would ever really carry out that threat.

Whipping back around, she continued up towards the roof in silence, her boots clacking softly on the marble staircase. Being freezing outside would be better than being in here.

Anonymous

Ryder silently cheered. Eun'ee and Kahlen were helping! Perhaps they saw the reasoning behind this... He hoped, anyway.

He stopped fro a moment... If they didn't like physical contact with each other, they were going to have a very fun time at the next excercise...

Ryder sighed, and strode forward. "It doesn't have to be for very long, just a quick hug and be done with it, and then we can all go up to the roof and get this practical over with."

He eyed Pace adn Mo. "You're holding the other two back, do you really want to do that?" Well, he knew Pace really didn't care, but Mo did have some sort of guilty feeling, even if it was buried deep somewhere...

Anonymous

And so she did. Mo blinked at Ryder's words and then up at Eun'ee, who was mercilessly bending the headband. Guilt tugged at Mo's heart, which confused her a moment. Guilt over a commoner's words? My word, she was turning into one of them! Mo growled and trudged over to Pace, looking at her with a pair of deadbeat eyes. She pulled Pace not too close, but close enough for them to consider it a hug. She dug her nails into Pace's back just to remind her this changed nothing. She let go and turned like a ballerina on the balls of her feet, ran towards Eun'ee, slapped Eun'ee, retrieved her headband, and ran up the stairs and headed up the roof.

Eun'ee followed, stopping to look at Pace once. "Come on, now. You don't wanna be left behind, right?" He smiled at her before adding, "Sorry she's such a pain. Believe me, she can be worse than that at times."

He made his way up to the roof and ran his fingers through his hair. "Mo, don't be--"

"--Don't be what?"

"If you'll let me finish...don't be so rude to Pace and Teach. Okay? I'm sick of it and so is Kahlen...and Teach. Especially Teach. And probably Pace. Who knows?"

Mo dusted herself off with the haughtiness of a noble. "I'll do my best, Eency, I promise." Right. Like I can get along with Pace. It's hard enough being around these other commoners. She opened her eyes and smiled at Kahlen, green eyes twinkling. "Sorry about that, Miss Kahlen. We just don't get along well."

Eun'ee laughed. "Really? No kidding!" Mo bopped him over the head with one of those "quiet, silly!" hits, but that didn't stop Eun'ee from laughing.

Anonymous

Kahlen did not acknowledge that Mo had spoken to her, but simply opened the roof door and headed outside.

At least they finally got that over with... She thought with an exasperated sigh. This was really ridiculous. Sometimes, she felt that she was the only one who could act at least her age, if not older. Was it so difficult to do? Obviously it was for them.

Her black hair was instantly whipped arund her face by the chilly wind as she stepped outside. Of course. Freezing. Her instincts had been right. Clutching her cloak tighter around her and pulling up her hood, she wandered away from the door and stared at the sky. Stars glinted dimly against the setting sun, the moon becoming slowly more visible. This beautiful, serene setting calmed Kahlen slightly. She inhaled deeply and closed her eyes for a moment. Being outside always seemed to make the troubles of her fellow peers melt away, their ghosts momentarily faded.

But of course, it would only be temporary.

Anonymous

Ryder made his way up to the roof as well, trusting that Pace would come as well. She knew if she didn't do this, she would have to be held back, in a place she didn't like...

He climbed up and through the hatch that opened to the roof, and saw that the other three were already there. With a slight smile, he stepped onto the roof and called his students over.

Ryder, even though he stood there with his baggy pants, adn tight sleeveless shirt, he barely felt the cold. His heritage helped with that, but he had also picked this night because, since it was cold, his students would have to deal with more clothes, which would hinder them in one way or another.

He took a deep breath. "What a great night this is, isn't it? Now... Decide whether or not you want more clothes now, before we get started."

Anonymous

They all had really good ideas about her personality, that's for sure. Pace, as correctly suggested, couldn't care less if she held them back at all. She understood she was selfish - she never felt obligated to help those she didn't think qualified as her friends. And god damn, she knew entirely well she was being childish. It was actually why she felt a little proud of herself. She actually felt happy that she was being normal around them - she felt happy she was getting on their nerves. It was a slight justification for her presence among people she wouldn't otherwise be around.

But don't get her wrong - she didn't hate any of them. But she certainly didn't like any of them, either. They were forgettable, tolerant pieces in her life. If one of them disappeared, no harm done. Perhaps, however, if one [especially Mo] stayed too long in her life there would be harm done.

Mo swooped in and Pace looked like she might have vomited in her mouth - it took some self control not to spit it out in Mo's face. Oh, if she had hated Mo, she certainly would. The fingernails in her back did little for her mood, her arms hanging limply.

As soon as Mo pulled away, Pace hurriedly brushed herself off in long sweeping gestures, her skin crawling. Hugging was really the most despicable form of touching - she hated affection and all its forms. It was really grotesque.  

Slowly, wiping her tongue on her sleeve, her face contorting slightly, the taste of puke still hot in her mouth. Screw mind over matter. The puking during a hug might come in handy one of these days. And she was sure that if she had to deal with anyone who was picking a fight with her she'd certainly throw up in her face. The thought kind of brightened her day as she pulled herself up onto the roof, staying far away from Mo. She had her fill of the girl.

The cold air whipped around her, perking Pace into an unusually energetic mood. She hopped slightly on her feet, looking a little excited, arms cast out to each side as she leaned to each side, amusing herself as she pretended to be a bird before pulling her arms to her sides, leaning onto her toes and pushing her face into the air. Ahh, it felt so good.

Anonymous

Mo knew it well--they didn't like her. She could still smell the vomit in Pace's mouth. But that didn't really matter to her. She was rich, after all. Whether she passed this thing or not wasn't a big deal to her. As she told one of them--probably Eun'ee--before, "No matter what I do, I still have a home to go to, meals to look forward to, and money beyond your imagination. I will be rich no matter what...and you, my dear, will always be a commoner. 'Tis as simple as that."

Of course, it never occured to Mo that maybe...just maybe more than just that one "commoner" heard her talking and took offense. Or, who knows, maybe she just annoys the hell out of everyone.

Mo was still surprised when Kahlen didn't respond to her and felt the cold air whipping about her. Eun'ee stopped his teeth from chattering, pulling his cloak about him. Damn, it's cold. "I'm fine, Teach."

Mo felt naked in the frigid air, but she wasn't going to look like a weakling before the others. She smiled and sucked in a bunch of air through her nose--it felt like ice cold water going down her thoat. Stingingly refreshing. "I'm fine, Teacher."

Mo unconsciously linked her pinky finger with Eun'ee's, startling him for a moment. He smiled at her briefly before pulling his hand away. Mo smiled--not much longer before they could actually tell one another they'd never see each other again...

Anonymous

"I'm...Fine..." Kahlen murmured softly. But she really wasn't. Her mind was full of emotions and musings that seldom dwelt there.

She was beginning to ponder how the others viewed her. Before more of these fights had been breaking out, she had seen them simply as other students, barely the ghosts of people floating by. When grown up, would she look back on these days with reminiscent joy, or disgust and pity for her former self? What would she think of the others? Yes, Pace was rather unmotivated, Mo tended to be prissy at times, and Eun'ee was...Well...Sometimes pitiful. But what did she really think about them? She wasn't even sure she knew.

Kahlen had never been one to dwell upon thoughts of people. It came with being antisocial. She more often mused about whether folklore had any truth to it less than she ever even wondered how someone perceived her. Even less did she care what she thought of them. They were mere things to look back upon, but they would most likely never have any real meaning in her life as an adult. All she would need was her power and her books. The last thing she ever would need would be a relationship. Romantic or otherwise.

What was the point of her life?

She often wondered.

Anonymous

"You sure? Oh well!" Ryder went into his back pocket, and pulled out a folded piece of paper. Unfolding it, he placed it on the roof. "Come, gather around," he said, while waving at his students to do as he said.

The teacher pointed to a circled square. "That's the building we're using for the excercise. Its an abandoned home, around the edge of town, but for the puspose of this... Its guarded, and trapped, okay? And the body is in there some where, but I won't tell you."

He looked up, and smiled. "Use your common sense, would you? Anyway... Got a good view of where it might be? Good." Without waiting for an answer, he pulled it away again, and folded it back up. "Now... Eun'ee, Kahlen, get ready to start moving. Mo, Pace, come stand by me."

Anonymous

Eun'ee, although not the best with bravery, he had a photographic memory that could help his associates out of any circumstance. He memorized the position of the house with ease and nodded at Ryder's command. "Yes, sir."

He stretched out his arms for a moment before looking over at Mo and Pace. Mo wasn't the best assassin, but hey, she tried her best. Pace was very professional at it--he sometimes wondered if she'd been an assassin before--and Kahlen was in-between. He was good at dodging traps, setting them off, and running. Oh, he was a natural when it came to running. That's how he found Mo--he ran from the heart of his city to the countryside just before the sun had settled in the west.

Mo scoffed quietly as she caught Eun'ee's eye. She turned away and stood by Ryder, facing the rising moon. Pretty, she thought. If I'd thought to bring my paints, I would've painted this instead of ran out into the dead of night to find some bloody corpse. She began spacing out--something she hadn't done in a long time--and thought of home. The moon, she continued to think, would be wonderful to see from her veranda. Or, even better, the gazebo with climbing roses going up its frame.

It took her a minute before she could finally pull herself out of her reverie. Oh, well. She followed him here, and that's that. No use crying over spilled milk.

Anonymous

Kahlen barely glanced at the map and nodded silently. This was going to be interesting...Being paired with Eun'ee might make things a bit harder, as he set off more traps than he found. Ah well...It would keep him busy so she could do the real work. She would gladly cover up for him if it would keep herself out of trouble.

She tightened her cloak slightly and glanced in the direction of the building.

All right...Get there quickly...Scope out any obvious traps...Incapacitate guards... She thought to herself. Now was the time to dust off the skills she and Kimira had learned. Knowing her former teacher, she was probably keeping tabs on the two, waiting patiently for even the slightest mistake...Upon which time she would swoop out of nothingness (as she often did), and make them relive the strenuous training she had already put them through once.

The latter thought made Kahlen shudder. She really hoped that woman wouldn't come back. True, she had been an amazing teacher with first-hand experience of assassination (as she was a member of Eclipse) but...She was undeniably scary at times. No, wait. All the time.

So she would have to be flawless in her work.

Anonymous

((Umm...Emoosts said that the Pace muse has disappeared entirely, thus Emoosts is very sorry, but she will be pulling out of the RP. ;-; Emoosts, you will be missed. *hangs head*))

Anonymous

((;_;  Awww...-waves to Emoosts- G-good bye, then...I shall miss you!))