Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Where to start? [~*Silver*~!]

Started by Rhindeer, August 17, 2007, 08:53:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

La'marri. Cadmus had learned the name of it from some peasants working alongside the road and, judging by what he'd heard about it, it sounded like a likely place to look. A village of mages, a safe haven for all, a place of refuge. If ever he was going to find a wanted mage, that seemed like the best place to start. Surely someone would know something. A silver-haired girl couldn't be that difficult to locate.

At least, that had been his thought before coming to this world and to this particular village, that someone with silver eyes and hair would stand out. Oh boy was he wrong. While silver was a rare color in the Realm, people with those exact features were a dime a dozen and while at first it had been disconcerting, he'd slowly become desensitized to it. Silver didn't have the same meaning here as it did there. Silver wasn't a vile color; it was quite normal. Normal enough to annoy the crap out of him because normal blended in with all the other normalness. If you were normal, you were invisible, and that was infuriating.

If he was ever going to find her, he was going to have to go off other clues, use his other four senses instead of just his eyes. Other Gryphons had a certain vibe about them; even if they were disguised in their human forms, he could feel them. So far he hadn't met any others, and he was starting to really feel how futile this whole mission was, which was probably the point...which would also explain why no other search parties had been sent. The Elders wanted him out of their fur and feathers and as long as that Silver brat was on another world, she wasn't their problem and they didn't care. However, it would give him something to do, and they still expected him to be successful or die trying.

Preferably die, he imagined wryly.

Then again, that was just him being cynical. They did genuinely want the girl, after all. And sending a big search part would be intrusive to this world, and painfully obvious.

Of course, he was never going to accomplish anything if he remained holed up in this tavern drinking away his frustration after learning of the miracles of brandy. Such nasty stuff. Had the most horrible flavor. He hadn't been able to understand why anyone would want to torture themselves with the stuff until he'd tried some and it had made his head feel <I>really nice.

...Until the morning.

Now he knew better and was sticking to only a single shot, which he sipped cautiously between glares at the stupid humans that gave him weird looks for sipping a shot. Not that glares would intimidate anyone, not in this form. Sure he was tall with dark skin and strange gold eyes, black hair, and a body that bore more slashing scars than he could count, including a deep vertical one over his right eye which was blind as a result. Sure he had muscle. But compared to some of the other men, one of which had thick arms that screamed "blacksmith", nah, he couldn't scowl anyone into fear induced seizures. Or into respecting him.

Ah well. Screw them. He knew how shots were supposed to be drank, he was secure in his maleness, he just didn't want to get another bloody headache. He just wanted the sedation, something to soothe his mind and make him a little less snappy and "uptight", as someone had called him, before he returned outside to ask around a little more. He only planned on staying a night. After a night, if nothing turned up, well, it was time to move on.

For now, however, it was nice to take a break. Unfortunately, his shot glass was almost empty. Swirling the liquid thoughtfully, Cadmus finally just shrugged and downed the last sip, put a few coins on the counter, and stepped out of the tavern and into the night air.

And then just stood there, exhaling slowly and running a hand through his messy hair. Ugh, right. Leisure time over.

Now where to start...

[Pardon the rambling. Just getting a feel for the character basically. xD Hope I left enough to respond to, if not, tell me!]
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

ooc:The thoughts are in italics and speaking is just normal quotations

Where am I? A lone human girl thought while out in the forest, How did I end up here? Last thing I knew I was in my bed and then... Poof! I'm here. I hope I haven't been kidnapped and have ended up in a place where no one speaks english.

Her brown shoulder length hair blew in the wind, she had recently cut it from being down to her waist because her Father liked it that way. Surprisingly it had ended up pretty straight, the ends of her hair were almost all even. She was currently in her pajamas, a yellow tee-shirt and shorts with a monkey on the shirt and monkey all over the shorts. The shorts went down to her knees so she was a little cold, it being night and all.

She couldn't see a thing and she was panicking, anyone with very good hearing would hear her frantic heartbeat, if they were close enough. She  had been left alone in the forest by who ever left her here, was it to die? because she had no idea how to survive out here. Give her an extremely hard sheet music or a target to hit with an arrow and she was in her element but out here? She didn't even have a thing to defend herself with. At the back of her mind she remembered how despretly and how much she had wanted to leave that house and go somewhere else, a different time even, to get away from them, her family.

Has my wish been granted? No that's impossible but... She was about to finish that thought we she saw something red out of the corner of her eye. What the hell is that? She thought as she turned around, there stood the size of an average house cat, a cat that seemed to be the mix of a cat, fox and fire but definetly a cat. Most of her fur was a yellow reddish color while she had bright red, no flame red markings on her head, tail and paws. The cat had four wispy fire like tail but were definetly not on fire.

"Here kitty, come to Alice..." Alice said sweetly, know kneelling with her hand out, the cat had a confused face is that possible? but came to me anyway. Rubbing her head on Alice's thigh, the cat began purring and meowing. I guess she likes me?

"Hmm I'm going to name you something but what? Ah I'll name you after my good friend, Sara." Alice said pointing at Sara and then she went down to pet her. As she had thought earlier, the tails weren't actually made partly of fire or were they? Wait a minute this cat has four tails! Where the hell am I?

The newly named Sara thought as she was petted, Hmm, I haven't heard english in a while, to bad I can't speak it, being a cat and all. I have to help her because she is obviously not of this time.

Alice sat down and Sara climbed on to her lap. Alice felt slightly more at ease with the cat on her lap but she didn't know why. What she didn't know was that the 'fur' of the tails on the cat were actually fire but would not harm those the cat did not want to harm and that this was just the small form of the cat. In the cat's true form she was about as high as a grown man's shoulder and had long, saber tooth cat like fangs. She could also fly in that form.

"Well Sara, it looks like we are going to have to find a village." She said, standing up and in the direction of La'Marri she went though she did not know that La'Marri stood there. She ended up close but she could not see the village. She wondered here and there, tying to find a town or a city but to no avail, Where are all the lamp posts or electric lights?

She was beginning to become tired and hungry. All she wanted to do was curl up beside Sara and sleep but she went on, wanting to find a city, a town, something!

ooc: Wow longest post I've ever written  :D

Rhindeer

A few hours later, and Cadmus was still none the wiser and lacking any leads to follow, and by that time what calm the alcohol had given him had long since been burned away. This whole thing was horribly stupid, like searching for a needle in a haystack, and the part that made it all the more annoying was that he was searching for his own reasons, as well. It wasn't all the Elders; he had his own incentives, otherwise he would have just said screw it all, ditched, and remained here.

Hah, yeah right. He wouldn't do that, but he could fantasize. He may only be a leader in theory rather than practice, but he had pride. He wasn't going to run away with his tail tucked; he planned on turning the tables and tipping the scales in his favor. That's why he needed to find her, too. One of the reasons. The other reason was also a matter of pride.

Yawning, he meandered out of the village and toward the enveloping forest, intending to head into the deeper parts that few humans braved. A little hunting to wind down would be nice, a chance to stretch his wings and enjoy his true form for a while, not to mention he didn't really care for human food. All cooked, spiced up...blech. Besides, the idea of paying for food was just bizarre to him, and he wasn't about to order raw, bloody meat in front of everyone.

However, he hadn't gone too far before, mingled in with the woody, musky scent of the foliage, he noticed another scent close by. Two, actually. One was unmistakably human, female from what he could tell. The other was predatory...but he couldn't quite put his finger on it. He wanted to say feline, but he got the vague impression of a sort of smokiness, like fire. Weird. What was a human doing this far out and at this time? Few humans were nocturnal, most slept at night, and that predatory smell...

Suddenly he tensed. A hunter stalking human prey?

They were close by...he couldn't hear any screams, couldn't hear the tell-tale thrashing of leaves and bushes that signaled a successful attack, so the feline creature must not have attacked yet. But it was probably close, probably almost on her. No need to be alarmed, no need to change forms; if he could get to the female first, the hunter should simply lose interest once it sees that she has company and that the hunt would expend more energy than it was worth. Moving quietly, he carefully picked his way through the woods, the scents growing stronger and stronger until--

"Well Sara, it looks like we are going to have to find a village."

Huh?

It was a female voice, no mistake about it, and young but...other than that, he couldn't tell what she was saying, the words foreign. But it sounded conversational, so maybe she wasn't alone? Blinking, he parted some low branches ahead of him--

And then very nearly palmed his forehead.

There was the girl all right.

And there was the feline.

A bloody housecat. Well. Four tailed housecat, but...still a housecat, and not the strangest thing he'd seen. After all, what was he? His true form was an odd cross between a lion and an eagle, after all, and--wait, what the hell was she <I>wearing?

Of all the things Cadmus could have found strange about this whole thing, it wasn't the four-tailed fire cat, but it was the...the...her clothes. Yellow with some weird pattern on them of strange, deformed yellow creatures, and the pants looked like whoever had made them had run out of material...either that or she'd just grown out of them, which was why they were now at her knees. Well. All right then. He knew humans had strange styles, but that was certainly wild.

Realizing he was staring, eyebrows raised and feeling rather stupid for being worried about what turned out to be a cat, he finally gave his head a shake and relaxed his posture. Right. He might have startled her bursting in on her like that. Time to smooth things over!

"Er...right. Sorry about that," he said quietly, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. His words had a noticeable accent that wasn't shared by the other humanoids here, a slight trilling of his Rs and hissing of Ss. Not that it mattered; he was completely unaware that she couldn't understand a word he was saying. "Thought you were in trouble and...right. Never mind. Guess you got it under control. Hrm...might wanna get some better clothes, though. It gets cold here at night. Now if you'll excuse me..."

Then, with a shrug, he turned to leave. Damn that was awkward. Ugh. But since she was obviously fine and he'd just made an ass of himself barging in like that, well, he had no reason to linger.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

What the hell is he saying? Alice thought looking at the man that looked as if he had come out of one of her history books or maybe he was Cosplaying a character from an anime? But what would a cosplayer be doing out here?

"Ex-cuse me, but wheeerrreeee Aaam I?â€?  She said very slowly, hoping the man that spoke another language would understand her. There language was one she had never heard before, at first she thought perhaps it was Japanese but then she decided it didn’t sound like that. It wasn’t French either, defiantly not the language she spoke, English, it wasn’t Spanish either because she knew it was similar to French.

How could I have come to a place with such a weird language so quickly, it’s still night. She thought, I don’t know why but I don’t feel this guy is human, weird.(her powers are starting to work)

Sara however knew this man was no human by scent alone. She jumped out of Alice's arms, fire beginning to envelope her. The mass of fire grew to the height of the man’s shoulder. She was a very large cat, whose four tails were as long as her body and her canines on her top jaw were elongated to the length of  from the human shoulder to the hand. She had a mane of fire that also trailed down her spine.

She roared, clearly telling him to back off if he wanted to harm her new mistress. Alice however was scared out of her wits. The cuddly kitty she was holding earlier had turned into a roaring saber toothed feline.

Sara knew she was overreacting but also knew that Alice couldn’t defend herself if the griffin decided to attack. And eat her. She stood in front of her stunned Mistress and growled/hissed a warning, that although couldn’t be understood by either of the others, was a back up statement to what she said before.

Alice was still shocked to say the least but trusted Sara and so walked over to her. To her the man looked ordinary and she didn’t feel as if he had meant to hurt her and so she said

She then said calmly with no hint of wanting to hurt him, “Can you help me?� She paused, pointing to her chest and said, “Alice, I am Alice.�

Rhindeer

Well, he had been about to leave, but then the girl started speaking again. Turning around, he arched his right eyebrow at her, stretching the deep scar, then looked helplessly from her to the forest around them and back. Er. She was still talking at him, she obviously wanted something, but he still couldn't understand a word of it. Why wasn't she speaking Common? He'd been told that was the universal language here, and if she couldn't speak it, he couldn't help her. He knew no other languages save the two common ones from his world, the language of Dragons and the language of the Clans, or Gryphons. He could probably learn more if the need came up, his kind were naturally inclined towards all sorts of learning and picked up new information fast.

"Common? Speak Common?" he tried, tilting his head. If she couldn't understand that then...well...obviously she couldn't speak even broken Common.

But no sooner had the words left his mouth than that little housecat had leaped out of the girl's arms, fire enveloping her. Shit! With an inhuman hiss of surprise, Cadmus jumped backwards and nearly tripped over some fallen branches, cursing his clumsy human form. The cat was growing, no longer such a cute little kitty but an enormous beast that was larger than even his true form and bellowed a challenging roar, but already Cadmus was preparing some defensive binding spells. If the need arose, he could at least hold the creature still until she calmed; there was no need to fight something if it could be avoided, and from the way she was acting, from her body language that was so similar to that of a half feline Gryphon's, she was being defensive rather than offensive.

Just protecting the girl.

Which meant, if he was perceived as a threat, he just had to keep his distance. He wouldn't fight unless it came down to it, and it would have to be the cat that initiated this one. If that happened, well...it would be only then when he ditched this form. Until then, there was no need to spook either of them further--not that he could spook a giant fire cat, really.

"Easy, kitty..." he murmured, holding his hands out at his sides to show he meant no harm. The girl behind the animal looked stunned, and from that reaction alone he knew she also didn't mean any harm. Just nervous, the both of them, and unable to speak Common. Obviously they were out of their element for whatever reason. That was enough to fray anyone's nerves.

The girl seemed to buck up her courage, though, and came a little closer. Unfortunately, she only spoke more gibberish and Cadmus could only smile sadly and shake his head. It sounded like a question, that was all he was able to discern.

The next thing she said, however, while pointing to her chest...

"Alice...?" he repeated slowly, rolling the word around. "Iam Alice. That's your na--aw, screw it, you don't understand a word I'm saying. Hrm. Well. Alright. I'm Cadmus," he said, mimicking her and pointing to himself. "Caaadmus. Cadmus."

Great! They got the names down at least! The rest...er...well. He wasn't really sure how to communicate with her. Sure, since body language made up about ninety percent of communication among Gryphons he was a pretty good judge at it. However...communicating with body language with a human...he wasn't quite sure how to go about that. While the posture of ears or tail or wings could say a thousand different things, humans didn't have those. They had ears, but they didn't move.

He frowned, glancing around the area again, then gave a shrug. Might as well start with proving he wasn't a threat, at least for kitty's sake.

"I'm not gonna hurt you or...your kitty. I mean no harm. No harm. See?" he said, speaking very slowly as he pulled back his sleeves to show there were no daggers strapped beneath, motioned to his belt which was also free of knives, and patted his pockets which were empty save for a couple of coins, which he showed her before putting them away. "No weapons," he finished with a shrug.

Which...well, that was a bit if a lie. His body was a weapon--in his true form. And he wasn't without magic.

Anonymous

“Cadmus? Nice to meet you, Cadmus.� She greeted though knowing he couldn’t understand her and she couldn’t understand him. Sara transformed back into her cat form but still looked at Cadmus warily. Alice thought of ways of how to tell him where she wanted to go, for a few minutes untill an idea came her way.

She took a straight stick off the ground and began to draw a town. Not ones that she knew well however, the ones she saw in history books. Not only that but she drew a question mark beside it(let’s just say the question mark still means a question mark) and when she was finished she pointed to it.

It was a quite a big village and it coincidentally looked like La’Marri. She hoped that he would see that she was lost. Her stance was hopeful but nervous, she was still a bit jumpy from Sara transforming and drew an arrow pointing to the town. Hopefully an arrow still means what it meant where I live. She thought put down a little but was still hopeful.

Alice put her hair behind her ears and looked curiously at Cadmus, her curiosity completely unmasked and obvious. <I>Is that what they still wear in poorer countries or is this a cruel joke? Well Sara had transformed and sent Cadmus flying.</I> She thought sadly, she was starting to miss her family, even her two timing father.

Alice looked away from Cadmus, trying to hide that she was crying and scared. All she wanted to do now was go now to her house and everything would be the same. Her mother’s happiness, her father’s warm, loving smile and her little sister’s giggles. Ever since her father and his lover had been discovered, all that had been taken away. She rejected everything her father said to her, to say he still loved her and asked if she would like to stay with him and her. I had been furious when he had even suggested that kind of thing! She had been the one who took my father, She  had been the one that who ruined our happiness…She had been… Her angry thoughts stopped then, she had to figure out where she was!

Sara had already ran over to Alice when she had smelled the salt of her tears but they had stopped, wiping the tears away she once again faced Cadmus and hoped he could at least help her find a village. Walking closer she wondered if he knew if their was a village nearby.

She had stopped crying but she couldn't stop herself from crying on the inside, she hoped that Cadmus would think she cried because she was lost and not because of something else.

Sara mewled soothingly to Alice, not knowing what had upset her but she wanted to find out.

ooc: Sorry I took so long, I had to clean up

Rhindeer

[T'is okay! I got busy here too. xD]

He gave a small nod of acknowledgment as she repeated his name, though of course that was the only part he understood. Apparently his little "I mean no harm" pantomime was convincing enough to the cat, because she transformed back to her normal...er...smaller size. If he wasn't a shifter himself, that probably would have been more than a little disturbing.

Good, they had a truce, great. Now what? Cadmus shifted from one foot to the other, growing mildly frustrated. What did the girl <I>want or expect him to do? Wasn't like he could really do anything if he didn't know what she was saying, but she seemed intent on talking to him...ugh. It was just a good thing he had a lot of patience and the ability to keep any frustration tightly leashed when he wanted to.

He was too polite for his own good. And she was a female, a young, defenseless one out in the middle of the woods. It wasn't like she was without protection, but the lion-like instinct was still there: protect the females, protect the cubs. Sure, females could be just as fierce, and fiercer still, than males, but the Clans were still a patriarchy and that was simply how things were. Females could still fight, but in the Realm they were also built smaller. Unless they were dragons, the Wyverns, but those monsters had their own society that Gryphons stayed well away from.

Another person may have found it easy to just shake their head and walk away, but Cadmus just couldn't do that. She wasn't just a female, she was practically a cub, or a cub compared to him. She didn't yet look like a human adult, though it looked like she was getting there. Nope. Still a cub in his eyes.

Which was why he waited patiently as the girl drew in the dirt, forming a design that, when he leaned down to study it more closely, looked roughly like a village. It got the point across, at least. Then she drew an arrow at it. Ah! Well, pictures he could understand! Didn't take a genius to figure that one out. Smiling as he straightened back up, he turned back to her and opened his mouth to speak--then froze.

She was crying? Or was. Her eyes were red, she was wiping her face, and he could catch the vague scent of salt.

Ergh...

Inwardly, Cadmus cringed. He hated crying...

It was so awkward.

"Ah...I...take it you're lost..." he muttered, brushing some hair back from his face and glancing off to the side for a moment. Then he cleared his throat and flashed her another smile, hoping it looked friendly. "La'marri," he said, pointing to her drawing. Then he nodded, turned, and motioned with his hand, signaling for her to follow him and hoping the action was universal enough. "I know the way, c'mon now."

Anonymous

“La’Marri? Hmm that sounds really foreign, where the hell am I?� She said before following Cadmus, Sara jumped up onto her shoulder’s and curled around Alice’s neck. She had to learn how to speak so she thought, why not play I spy on their way there? It would teach Cadmus English and teach her, though she had never heard of it and wasn’t sure this ‘Common’.

“Want to play ‘I spy’ so I can learn a little Common?� She asked before pointing at a tree and saying well, “Tree�, Pointing at Sara and saying “Cat�, Pointing at her clothes she said, “Pajamas, you sleep in them.� She said this before putting her hands to her head and pretending to sleep while making a zzzz sound.

She want to be at least able to say some simple things before going to the village. She had a feeling she was never going to be home. She was getting a lot of correct hunches since getting here, though the one about Cadmus being not human, she was still not sure about…

Sara mewled and rubbed her cheek against Alice’s cheek and so she giggled. To other eyes it was obvious that Sara was trying to comfort Alice and Alice appreciated it. Sara still smelled sadness and anger coming off Alice in waves. <I>Why is she angry? What happened before she came here or is she just frustrated that she can’t speak Common?</I> Sara, being a couple million years old knew some griffin and so she said(mewled/barked or whatever animal noise they make in griffin form) “I find, lone,  think other time, realm meow.â€?

Alice looked at Sara strangely, she had never heard a cat sound like the, well she had never seen a cat transform either. <I>What the hell is she doing? Is she sick or something?</I>

All this happened within minutes so Cadmus had not yet replied. Alice was still tired but not as confused. Still hungry, her stomach growled and she sighed. <I>At least I think I can trust Cadmus. Maybe we can go to a restaurant? I can‘t ask him to pay though, he‘s already helped me so much and plus he won‘t understand.</I>

Rhindeer

She sure was a chattery one, wasn't she? But she was also following him, which was good. It wasn't too far from the village but he made sure to walk slowly so she wouldn't fall behind. The forest was dense and dark and he knew human eyesight wasn't nearly as good as a Gryphon's. Of course, if she got lost he could just sniff her down again, but still, best not to go that route and waste energy.

For the most part he ignored her chatter as background noise, since it was pointless to listen in when it meant nothing to him. However, when he thought he heard the word "Common", he glanced back at her curiously. And watched as she pointed to a tree and said some word in her language, then at the cat and said another. That's when it clicked. Ohh. Those were her words for those things. Pajamas? He blinked as she mimicked sleeping, and decided she was either saying she was tired or saying that's what she slept in. Bedclothes? What was she doing out in the middle of the woods in bedclothes? Ah well, humans did strange things; sleeping in clothes, period, was a strange concept to him as it was.

Well, since she was teaching him words, guess it would be even more helpful for him to teach <I>her some words, given she wasn't in her native land anymore. Her words were useless here; his could at least benefit her for the time being, though she'd probably do good to find someone who could enchant an object for her so she could speak and understand the language. Apparently that could be done; no one had that capability in the Realm, which was why he had to actually learn the language, but there were mages here who he heard could. That might be something to invest in--if it could be done.

As the cat cuddled against Alice, Cadmus turned back around and continued to walk, then pointed at a tree. But before he could repeat the word in Common...someone spoke in the Gryphon tongue.

Cadmus spun back around and stared at the cat, golden eyes wide. It wasn't perfect, the accent was off, but he could make out the words. Spoken by a native, it was a rather pretty language, not one that was made up of hisses and growls like other animals--though Gryphons did indeed make those sounds--but one that had actual words. It was singsong almost with a lot of trills and some hisses, though few could pronounce those words properly unless they were also a Gryphon of the Realm. Still, he understood.

How the hell did she know even that much?!

Hell, how did she even know what he was? Right down to where he was from? Other Gryphons, Gryphons native to Earth, didn't speak that language...

Obviously there were others here...

Slowly relaxing, he decided the best thing was to remain silent. He wasn't sure how well his human mouth could form the words, and besides, it would look freaky for a human to start talking to a cat, he imagined. Instead he just gave the cat a strange look, smiled at Alice, and then turned and pointed to the tree again. "Tree," he said in Common, then reconsidered. Tree wouldn't really do her any good. She'd need to know the important words dealing with the necessities. Walking forward and lightly sniffing the air, he located a bush that bore berries, plucked one, and held it up to her. "Food," he said before popping it in his mouth.

That would do her more good. If she was hungry, she could ask for food at least. That done, he continued on until, before long, La'marri could be seen just ahead through the trees.

Jeez...things had really taken a turn for the bizarre. A cat that could speak his language and, apparently, a girl that wasn't even from his time? That is, if he heard the cat correctly, she was right, and she wasn't just being, well, a crazy cat.

Anonymous

“Fo-ood?� Alice repeated in common, understanding but couldn’t really get the accent right and stuttered in the middle. Stomach growling rather loudly now, she took a berry. The berry tasted a little like a mix of a raspberry and a blackberry, creating an interesting taste. Taking a couple more, she ate them, satisfying her hunger a little.

She now knew 2 words in Common, food and tree. She was getting somewhere right? She continued eating eagerly, obviously quite hungry.(she didn’t have diner cause she doesn‘t like eating with her family anymore) Sara jumped off because Alice was moving quite fast, obviously forgetting that she was tired because of the food.

Alice stopped eating and went back to pointing things out in English, the first being berry and Cadmus would answer in Common. Though they only got though various foliage before.

Things got interesting, Alice stopped suddenly and began to look around all over. She felt something coming and it meant to hurt them. She just… felt it. She continued turning around and looking around. Something bad was definitely coming and fast.

Sara looked at Alice as if she had gone mad, wich was rather the first reaction to what Alice was doing. Alice was beginning to smell panicked and afraid. Sara wondered if she had eaten some over ripe berries…

But then something hit her nose, it was the scent of a wolf demon pack and they smelled of human blood, obviously man eaters. Alice faced the direction the scent was coming from and yelled, although she knew Cadmus couldn’t understand, “DANGER!�

<I>Can that girl sense others?</I> Sara mused while transforming, giving her battle call, a screeching yowl and went into an attack position, in front of Alice. Sara wondered for a moment how Cadmus would react…

Rhindeer

Sara wasn't the only one that smelled it. It was only a few seconds after Alice began acting strange, smelling of fear and looking around as though something had spooked her, when the scent of blood wafted to his sensitive nostrils. Blood was the first thing he registered, human blood, but the next thing he could discern was the smell of animal bodies, dogs of some sort. And the combined scent was only growing stronger.

Which signaled they were coming this way.

Immedietely Cadmus' demeanor went from perplexed at Alice's behavior to thoroughly alert, body tensing and eyes narrowing. Even before Alice screamed something indiscernable he was assessing the situation and running through his options, all within a matter of seconds. A "cub", a cat that could grow to the size of a small horse and seemed made of fire...the cat could fight and defend and he could conjur some binding spells and destructive magic, but it wouldn't be enough. The pack smelled large and were obviously man-eaters; they might be sated, but some also enjoyed killing just for the sake of killing, even if they weren't hungry. A human, magic or no, wouldn't stand a chance against that many, but wings might prove a liability in this thick of a forest...then again, maybe there wouldn't be a need to fight at all if he could fly them out to begin with.

The girl he could carry, she looked light. The cat would have to stay small.

It would be risky, though, if he couldn't break through the canopy, if his wings got injured against the branches, if the quarters were too tight to spread them, if the girl flipped out at his true form...

All risks he'd have to take. If she freaked, he'd grab her. If flying failed, he'd fight beak and talon.

The cat suddenly transformed and screeched and at that moment Cadmus began to shift. The creatures were almost there, almost on them, so there wasn't much time to stop and try and explain. In a matter of moments he was changing, his clothes shredding as his body grew and transformed, as fur and feathers covered dark skin, as bones and muscles changed, grew, and shifted to accomodate his new body. Before long a Black Gryphon stood where the human once was, a creature that looked as though half an eagle and half a lion had been sewed together. The upper body was that of a fierce bird of prey with a thick mane of glistening black feathers, deadly hooked beak, large, folded wings, taloned, scaley feet, and long, feathery ears that were currently laid flat against his head. The lower body was that of a black lion, tufted tail and all.

His tail lashed irritably, fur and feathers raised and golden eyes narrowed into slits, as he turned quickly to the girl and cat. He fanned his wings out to bare his back, keeping the large limbs bowed low to the ground. "Get on, no quessstionsss. You, trrransssforrrm," he told the cat, and tossed his head to try and convey that he wanted them to climb on. They were so close to the forest's exit. If they hurried, he could take them out and then take to the air.

If not...that would complicate matters.

Anonymous

Sara replied back quickly and simply, "I slow down wolves, I fly. You Carry Alice, La'Marri." Then Sara ran off to slow down the wolves.

Sara however, being a fan of Greek mythology, knew exactly what her new found friend was but that however didn’t stop her from freaking out. “What the hell? I didn’t know griffins(Griffin issame in Common as in in English, ok?) had human forms! Cool! But why the heck is he a griffin, they don’t exist! But since he just transformed that means they do exist and becau…� She turned around and started panicking and worry about Sara. She turned back to Cadmus and said, “Are we leaving Sara?� She had pretty much forgotten that he couldn’t understand her in panic.

Hearing the howls and loud whimpering of wolves, she went closer to Cadmus but didn’t get that close. She somehow knew not to be afraid of him and that she could trust him however she was still freaked out by the fact he had transformed and was standing close but as far away as possible.

Alice then began shivering, the feeling of something wanting to hurt them intensified but seemed to be overridden some when near Cadmus, with the need to protect her. She edged closer to Cadmus until she was almost close enough to touch his feathers. She curiously and quickly touched a feather and asked, “La’marri, Sara?� She hoped that would be enough to ask the question, Are we going to La’Marri without Sara?

<I>Things are getting wierder and wierder by the minute, first I end up here, then I meet Sara, I meet Cadmus, Sara transforms and now Cadmus transforms. I know something is out there, but what? Sara thought but then spotted something, a bow and a bag full of arrows. <I> I’ve never hit a moving target before but I guess I will have to try…</I> Running to the bow and arrows, she quickly notched an arrow before walking back to Cadmus, backwards. Sure she had Cadmus to protect her but she needed to be of some help.

She stopped right in front of him and went to the side a little, “La’Marri?� She asked.

ooc: Sorry it's short g2g bed

Rhindeer

Well, she handled that a lot better than he thought. Maybe the humans here were more used to stuff like this than he'd been told? After all, if she could handle a fire cat thing changing into a huge beast...why not a human changing into a Gryphon? It made sense to him. Still, she seemed a bit afraid, but he wasn't sure if that was because of what was approaching them or because a human had just shifted forms.

At least she seemed to know what he was. She said it, Gryphon. Huh. Well at least some words never changed.

Still he waited patiently as she approached him, able to see the tension in her body and the subtle shivering. His tail began to swish a bit more forcefully as he waited, wanting her to hurry the hell up. If she didn't hurry, he'd just grab her and throw her on his back, but first he wanted to give her a chance to get on with some dignity and without scaring her more than she already was. Ah, fuck, screw that, there was a pack of crazed wolves coming their way and while the cat had said she'd slow them, hah, she was just one creature against an entire insane pack.

But just as he went to snatch the girl by the shirt and throw her on his back, she ran off. The girl...ran off. With a pack of wolves coming their way. Instead of getting on him, she ran off when they should be high tailing it out of the damned forest. Snarling in annoyance at the foolishness of humans, Cadmus folded his wings in and took off after her. "What arrre you doing?!" he growled, also forgetting she couldn't understand, as he skidded to a stop behind her while she picked up, of all things, a bow and arrow and notched it. Oh yeah. Like that would help against a bunch of deranged wolves, and the annoyance probably showed in his golden eyes.

"Yesss, La'marrri, fool," he hissed shortly before reached out, taking the back of her shirt in his beak, and forcefully yanking her backwards. In one quick, fluid motion he spread his wings and unceremoniously dumped her onto his back. "Ssstay! Hold on!" he ordered, obviously irritated, before he took off at a gallop through the woods and toward La'marri, which could just be seen in the distance.

Humans...

Anonymous

Understanding almost immediately, she put her arms around his neck and held on tight.  She had never flown on an airplane before let alone a gryphon and so she was both scared and excited.

She didn’t know if she should yell whoo hoo! or Holy Shit! As they took off but then the wolves started to get through the clearing and Sara was following and attacking.

There were both humanoid wolves and normal wolves, their maws or mouths stained with blood. Sara was wounded and had a large gash on her shoulder a long with many bites.

“Why the hell are those humans with the wolves?� She yelled but noticed that they had some wolf like features as they began to reach the tree tops, although knowing that Cadmus couldn’t understand.

Ooc: I don’t know what else to write in this, your reaction is kind of important to continuing.