Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Dare you Trust the Music of the Night?

Started by Anonymous, March 02, 2005, 03:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

She moved on the cusp of silence, her softly booted feet barely making a sound as she drifted from the shadows of the corridor, jade tones flickering in the soft glow of the candlelight. Raine's graceful figure danced between the pews in the vaguely lit chapel as she made her way to the large, ebon piano resting untouched and dormant in the corner. Suckling her lower lip into her mouth, she worried up on it, thoughts fluttering through her mind as to if she weren't alone. Her chest rose and fell with each gentle breath as slowly pulled the bench away from the piano, taking her seat quietly. The cream tones of the ivory and the glossy polished black keys glittered in the dim light, beckoning Raine's slender fingers to them. She hadn't played in years but somehow she knew the melody to the song that had played in the back of her mind since her father had passed...Or had been taken from her.

Her back gently arched as her fingers caressed the keys...a deep rich tone emerged from the instrument in the first striking chord of Fantaise Impromptu, then another, bringing her right hand to the piano as well, delicately playing each notes with elegance, precision,  and speed.

Suddenly, Raine's eyes shot to the cathedral doors, the elaborate wood and iron details seemed to move...The door was opening.

Anonymous

A young man pushed open the large doors upon hearing the soothing melody inside.  Peeking down toward the piano, he stepped inside slowly, closing the doors behind him.  There stood the man, innocent in appearance, listening happily.  He wore a fine black trench coat, buttoned up, showing only his matching boots out the bottom.  He was slender, yet with broad shoulders and fine proportions of a fit body.  His clean cut face was guised by a pair of metallic sunglasses that wrapped around his eyes.  His hair was jet black as well, and shaved short, spiked softly at the top.  The light skin of his face stood out from his dark accessories, leading into a soft smile as the music played.  His attention fixed on the girl and he applauded lightly with his black-gloved hands.  The calm noise of his boots was heard as he walked slowly up to her.  "Very nice.  Indeed."  His gentle voice replied kindly.  He seemed a very tender person, one who had a heart for music.

Anonymous

Raine's delicate fingers ceased their song when the shadowed figure enetered the doorway. Her body shuddered as the chilling wind seeped in through the open door,  but she wondered if it were truly from the fear of the unknown. Raine had drifted into this new town knowing nothing of it's heritage like her previous villages. She was now dismayed about not looking into this town as she had done the others. But alas, the backdrop to this slender figure seemed as though the pastels of the sunset has been ripped away to reveal the ebon canvas peppered with shimmering diamonds, the sky was fresh and lovely as this beautiful stranger entered the room with his gentle applause. Raine's back straightened and she remained still, her muscles tensing to leap at any moment incase this ecounter were to be hostile. She ran her tongue over her lips slowly, wetting them before parting her supple lips to speak.

"I apologize for any disturbance I may have caused you..." Her jade tones skimmed his figure and his face for any signs of familiarity.

Slowly, she swung her toned legs around the bench to fully face her company, making sure that her hands were readied for an attack, leaving her daggers in plain access. The deerskin leggings that donned her lower half clung fast to her slender muscles, her chest gently heaving beneath her ivory tunic. How could she be this nervous, she thought to herself. This is just another villager passing through during their midnight walk, nothing out of the ordinary. Raine's cheeks flushed a light sahde of scarlet and she lowered her eyes to the strangers booted feet. The candlelight set a beautiful aura-like glow upon her skin, setting off amber tones in a delicate shimmer. Suddenly an urge to stand took her over and she mustered up the strength to bring herself to her feet, her legs a little wobbly at first from sitting and using the diminish pedal on the piano.

Anonymous

He paused silently as he watched.  His gentle hidden eyes looked her over and again made contact with her face.  "It is all right.  There is no disturbance here." He assured the young elf kindly.  "You do not have to be nervous with me." He replied softly, reading her like a book.  He placed his hands out in front of him to show peace and continued to approach her.  He gazed down at her smoothly, his movements very appropriate and natural.  Ever so carefully, he placed his hands on her shoulders in an attempt to comfort her with his calm smile.  He was a very unusual person.  He found it okay to touch her, being a very close individual.  He could plainly tell that the girl was fully capable of defending herself, yet he proceeded with his warm actions nevertheless.  "You are new here?" he guessed in his tender voice.  "I am William.  I overheard your playing and I could not resist."

Anonymous

Raine felt his eyes devouring her every move, something seemed different about him...his speech was almost sequential and routine. His stature had given her an allusion of his personality, she could usual read people very well, but this one she was having difficulty with. Maybe it was the sudden change of scenery and that fact that she had been caught off guard. Ha, there's something...Raine D'Elavige caught off guard. Since when is that tangible? A thought struck a chord in her ever-flowing mind...It had to be the song. Raine's thoughts emerged one by one when that song filled the air. Her father, her childhood, that terrible pain...It all had come back to her and placed her far beyond conciousness and into her throughts themselves. Perhaps that's why she didn't hear the footsteps before the door had opened, and perhaps she wouldn't have known the presence of the man that stood behind her now unless the cold draft hadn't startled her from her reverie.

His hands were somewhat calming, and his smile was contagious, bringing a soft smirk to her lips as well. Her eyes fluttered closed and she drew in a slow, deep breath in means to calm herself, relieving the tension in her shoulders. She had sensed that he meant no harm to her and also released her fists letting her palms rest upon the tops of her thighs. Letting the breath escape from her lips, she opened her emerald orbs to gaze at him while she spoke.

"I've traveled from a distant country...many of my friends and family were sl..." Her voice cut off as she caught herself mixing her memories in with her conversation. A stranger had no wares to know about her past, and should have no interest in such a petty individual.

"I'm neither peasant nor royalty, and my name is of no importance..." Her voice was soft and sultry, it had a velvety quality to it. She then shrugged his hands from her shoulders and turned to face the piano once more, her heart pounding in her chest as she placed a hand delicately above her bossom.

Anonymous

Her smile made him happier until she spoke.  "I see..." he replied sadly.  "...Well, it is polite to introduce oneself.  And I would like to know the name of this fine young pianist." He made an attempt to cheer her up, pulling his hands away as she turned around.  "And...if you would like someone to talk to, I would like to listen." He spoke so mature and intelligent, placing a single hand on her shoulder.  He took note of the abrupt stop in her information and assumed it to be emotional.  He loved to comfort people and he loved to listen.  Quietly making his way over, he sat on the bench beside her, the leather coat stretching as he sat.  A small scent could be picked up of a fragrant, but light cologne.  Still with that kind smile, he lowered his head to face his hands and began to leisurely unbutton and remove his gloves.  Finger by finger, he pulled them off, revealing something unusual.  His right hand was littered with the most horrid of scars laced up and down, distorting the color and texture of his flesh.  And the left...his left hand was bare.  A mere skeleton was his left hand, but this skeleton was metal.  Small pieces, from gears to parts, formed a mechanical structure that was his hand.  Setting his gloves in his lap, his fingers now grazed the keys of the instrument.  It was amazing...such intricacy.  The two unfathomable hands then began to play the piano so delicately, and with such precision.  At that moment, his eyes closed beneath his reflective glasses, which shielded them from vision.  A slight flush of pink covered his cheeks as well, realizing there was another with him as he played.

Anonymous

Her eyes skimmed his hands inconpicously as he removed his gloves, careful not to gawk or show any more attention that necessary. She hadn't seen much cyborg technology in her years but she knew that this man wasn't human...fully anyway. Raine noted the tone in his voice in his response. William's attemp to bring her spirits up was quite refreshing. She hadn't had human contact in weeks as she was traveling alone in the wilderness trying to find a new refuge and she almost liked the physical attention he was willingly handing over. It wasn't a negative approach, he wasn't expecting anything from her as far as she had noticed. He was just a kind gentleman looking for someone to have a late night chat with.

"How quaint..." She thought aloud to herself, but quickly correcting her sudden outburst by placing her fingers to her lips. "I'm sorry, I just...well..." She began but quickly swallowed her words, for it wasn't doing any good to mumble and stutter her way through a conversation.

This was odd indeed. Never was she at a loss for words like this. Uncanny and unorthodox for such a woman as Raine. She closed her eyes slowly, taking in the gentle scent of his cologne and the soft touch of his hand on her shoulder, when suddenly it moved again. Raine's eyes opened quickly to see the reason that he had moved was to grace the piano with his talents.

And he truly had talent. The remarkable arpeggios and symphonic tones coursed through her body and she was silently stolen away into his haunting melody. The jade tones of her eyes skimmed his features and she smiled softly as his cheeks gently flushed. She placed a hand delicately upon his thigh and leaned closer to speak to him.

"I'm Raine...."

Anonymous

Still playing the piano, his attention turned to her as she spoke.  After she rambled on, he chuckled softly.  "Sorry for what? " he asked curiously.  He nudged her shoulder gently with his usual smile and breathed deeply.  "Just relax.  And speak freely.  There is northing wrong with stumbling over your own words." His smile grew.  "I find it natural and relaxing.  Much better than forcing out complete sentences.  Just let it flow and it will come eventually." His voice was soft and sweet as he coaxed her.  Then he missed a key, sending the whole smooth motion into an abrupt halt as he stopped.  He frowned suddenly and glanced at his hands as the left one twitched.  He pulled them back immediately and held his bad hand.  "I-I apologize.  My hands aren’t what they used to be..." he said sadly, staring at the keys.  "Y-you can play...if you like." He offered.  "And if there is anything you wish to ask me, then go ahead.  I do not mind." His smile perked a little from his saddened expression earlier.

Anonymous

Raine's eyes drifted in sync with his fingers as he played, listening in part to his words as well. A light smile played brightly across her lips as he softly reassured her. William really did have a charm to him, his debonair smile and his elegance. Most machine types didn't possess that type of smooth quality.

Raine's mind seemed to never stop moving...She'd be surprised if he couldn't actually hear it ticking, straying to and fro throughout various memories and emotions like a scattered pile of playing cards -- disorganized and frantically, trying to keep them all in check. She had never been a mess like this.

Abruptly, a rush of fear came over her...This chapel. She'd been here before, and just as that stunning revelation came over her William's missed note brought his song to and end.

"No need to apologize, William...B-but can you tell me what city this is?"  Raine brought a shaking hand to her brow as she asked him this, a worried expression painting her face.

Anonymous

William clearly felt Raine's fear and watched silently at her nervous figure.  "We are in no city.  We are just outside Serendipity Village." He informed lightly.  "Why?  Is there something bothering you?" he asked with concern for her, resting his right hand upon her shoulder.  "If there is something wrong, you can tell me..." he offered tenderly.  His right hand then lifted slowly and grasped the one on her face.  He held it softly, moving it from her pretty face and wondered about her sudden tension.  He definitely knew something bothered her and was curious as to what it was.  "Please do not take offense to this, but I can tell there is something troubling you.  And I will try to help if you let me..."  He was so kind and gentle.  It was hard to hate someone like him, butt there were people that did.

Anonymous

Raine's eyes widened as the words Serendipity flowed from his lips. This was in fact the same chapel in which the priest would hold his sunday masses just before Bolverk had pulled him to the shadows and convinced him to find her father, Raul. She hadn't given it much thought before a metallic clatter was heard in the blessing room in the back, someone or some thing was there and in her rash state she took William as being part of this. Her lithe fingers wrapped deftly around the handle of her dagger in her boot and pulled it quickly from it's sheath as she dove at him, tears filling her emerald eyes. Pinning him to the ground would have been a thick-skulled idea and she would have known this if her vision hadn't been blurred by memories. The chapel faded into daylight in her mind, projecting a faded smiliar image through her eyes, the man sitting next to her no longer William but the preist which had taken her father's life and had brought her here to explain. A mere child she was, no child should even have to hear news bearing their parents death, it shouldn't have been wished upon anyone and she begged it not to be true. A delicate and impressionable 7 years of age...

Anonymous

William was taken by surprise after hearing the unusual noise and was suddenly tackled to the ground by the confused Raine.  No gasp was heard as he hit the floor, but his sunglasses were knocked from his smooth face.  He just stared at her cluelessly as she held him down with a knife at his throat, his now visible eyes standing out clearly.  He paused calmly and sighed as a frown now came over his innocent face.  His eyes were a cool blue, metallic in tone and they glowed softly in the dim room.  But his right eye...it wasn’t normal.  The white of that eye was machine, revealing all the components that swiveled and moved for focus and light.  With lightning reflexes, his swift hands grabbed her wrists.   He extended his arms out at his sides, pulling hers with, forcing her down face to face with him.  He lay there, stretching her arms out effortlessly with a disappointed look in his very distinct eyes.  This time, he said nothing.  He felt he had nothing to say at this point and awaited her response only as their faces came close together.

Anonymous

OOC: *Sings along to Jason Mraz's 1000 Things "Fortunately you will kiss me...and I will, I will kiss you back..." Haha

BIC: A rather large rodent scurried from the back room, making it aware of what source had caused the sound in the blessing room. The pain in Raine's eyes diminished to guilt and embarassment as the dagger fell from her grip and clattered onto the marble floor beneathe them. She stared unbelievably into his eyes, surely disappointed in her lack of self control.

Her chest heaved against his, legs straddling his hips,  her toes digging into the ground readying herself to pull away when she lowered her head to the nape of his neck as tears began to stream down her flushed cheeks.

"I'm s-so... sorry...I-I..." Her voiced was muffled by her choclate locks and his shoulder before they trailed off. Raine let her body rest against his, somehow trusting that he meant her no harm after her sudden irrational behavior. She'd find words to apologize and explain herself when things had calmed down.

Anonymous

The disappointment in his eyes turned to compassion as she buried her face in his neck to cry.  His cheeks flushed red and he sighed, releasing her arms after the dagger fell from her grip.  His arms then slowly embraced her.  "It is all right..." he whispered in her ear softly, rubbing her back as he hugged her firmly.  He could feel the tears trickling down his skin and his blush thickened.  He was definitely not used to having a crying girl against him.  His look was saddened as he made an attempt to comfort the poor distressed Raine.  He shushed her softly as his hands rubbed her back up and down.  "I-if there is anything you would like to get off your chest...I'm right here..." he offered sweetly as he closed his eyes and took a deep breath to calm her.

Anonymous

Bringing her hands to his chest, Raine closed her fists around the fabric of his jacket, her body wracking with her sobs as she just decided to let go. She hadn't simply let her emotions get the best of her in years,and perhaps this was what she needed. Either way, she completely succumbed to this stranger's comfort because she hadn't known compassion in the past few years in her solitude.

"This place has awakened many a demon inside my mind...F-forgive me if I've acted foolishly..."Her voice was meager and shaken with her tears.  She clung fast to him, feeling the safety of his arms close around her.

Anonymous

"Devastating past memories?" he guessed, his voice still soft and warm.  "Everyone acts foolish once and again.  Even me..." He continued talking, as his tone was smooth and relaxing to the nerves.  He felt her hands cling to him with extreme emotion and he shivered shyly.  He did not wish to disturb her.  If she wished to cry against him, he would allow her to, forcing away his timidness to ease her despair.  His eyes focused on her elf ear and his scarred hand began to play with it softly, gently tracing it with his finger.  His purity was unbelievable.  Like a curious child at times, he found amusement in uncommon things.  "Very pretty ears..." he spoke quietly to her without thinking.  He caressed it lightly, now rubbing her lobe.  Right now, all he could think about was soothing her.

Anonymous

Raine was amazed at his tenderness.

She nuzzled her cheek against his chest as she sniffled and tried to regain some form of her composure, save to mention her dignity. Her eyes fluttered open, blinking away the remaining tears from her sage tones and wiping the tear stains gently from her rosey cheeks. She shuddered softly as his fingertips grazed her ear, bringing her own hand to his. She drew in a sharp, shaking gulp of air before releasing it in a soft sigh, her breath fanning his shoulder.

Raine's cheeks flushed a deepened shade of crimson as he gently spoke to her and a soft smile caressed her lips. She lifted her head slowly to have her eyes meet his and parted her lips to speak.

"Thank you..." Simply, but gratefully put, she thought. Her eyes said more than her words did and she layed her head back down upon his chest and drew in another deep breath, he didn't seem to have anywhere to go...as did she.

Anonymous

He shivered more at her deep breaths on him, finding them a very new, but likable sensation.  Her haze met his and he smiled too, seeing her happy now.  "You are very welcome." He replied, distracted by her elf attributes.  He saw the greater explanation in her soft eyes and sighed in relief.  Then she rested her head back down.  Why was she doing that??  It felt soo nice...  No, he did not have anywhere to be and he refused to disturb her.  He was nervous about her supple body cuddled with his, but pushed it out of his mind for her...to let her relax.  His heart beat faster, which was very unusual.  Cyborgs were not usually that human.  But he was.  He actually enjoyed her company on top of him.  His attention dazed as he lay there with her and he stared at the ceiling with his soft smile.  His hand continued to mindlessly play with her ear as wished her happiness.

Anonymous

Raine drifted into a light daze as she listened to the rhythm of his heart beating within his chest and she noticed the sudden change in pace. Bracing her weight with her palms on either side of his head, she pressed her arms striaght to hoover above him as she skimmed his face with a worried look on her own.

"Is something wrong?" She wished she could withdraw her words when she saw the soft smile caressing his lips. He looked so peaceful just lying there and it brought a smile to her lips. She felt an immediate connection with William, pletonic or romantic she couldn't place her finger on yet, but she surely enjoyed his company thoroughly. Her mind drifted into an idea all of a sudden...

"What brought you here this evening?" A kind smile painted her lips as she spoke, her face glowing.

Anonymous

He gazed at her innocently as she propped herself up, still retaining his gentle smile.  "I am fine.  Why?" he replied gently, then listening to her second question.  His smile grew as she asked and he mmmed softly.  "I come down here to play the piano sometimes.  I do not have one of my own.  And this place is rather nice to play." He confessed in his soft voice.  His hand slid from her ear and grazed her cheek as he taped her on the nose lightly.  "And you?  What brings you to this little chapel at this hour?" he asked, wiping any remaining tears from her cheek.  He then began to play with her hair gently, twirling it around his finger lightly.  "And my I ask what makes you cry so?" he continued.  He was so nice.  Why can't real men be like this?  He stared into her eyes softly as he awaited her response.