Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Dare you Trust the Music of the Night?

Started by Anonymous, March 02, 2005, 03:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Frowning slightly, she lowered her gaze to the floor and blinked slowly at his question. Before speaking a word, she shifted her weight to her left side, putting herself on her side.  Bringing her head to his chest once more, she placed an arm over his stomach and pressed herself close to him as she gripped his shirt in her fingers once more. Raine drew in a deep breath before bringing herself to speak.

"Years ago I received the dreaded news of my father on that very piano bench...though it was in that corner. Over there..." She lifted her chin a bit, gesturing towards the opposite end of the chapel.

"My childhood was haunted by the images of this place, thus the unruly behavior..." Her cheeks flushed as she spoke of this, her past had always been bottled inside and she saw it as foolish and weak to dig up her history. Perhaps it wasn't worth her breath, so she cut it short and hoped to change the subject without too much notice.

Answering his questions out of order she lifted her face to gaze at him from her odd point of view, his jawline defined and his slender neck so graceful. She smiled yet again and responded.

"I'm seeking refuge for the night. I'm new to this city, in a sense I guess one could say, and I noticed the piano sitting there and decided that I might play a song or two." She chuckled in despite of herself and in no concious measure she gave his middle a gnetle squeeze and nuzzled her cheek against his side in an attemp to get comfortable.

Anonymous

He laid for her willingly as she cozied up to him with such trust.  He never really thought there were still people as trusting as she and itt made him feel so good inside.  His soft blue eyes followed her form as she changed her place upon him and now rested on his side, clinging to him.  He listened to her story with interest and understood her as she stopped.  She did not want to talk about it and he did not wish to force her.  "I see..." he responded quietly, gazing into her eyes as she stared up at him.  His smile came back as he watched her, happy that she was all right from her past happenings.  He sighed with a small chuckle at her later answer as she snuggled p to him.  "Are you sure you want to sleep here, on the chapel floor?" he hinted shyly.  "Wouldn’t you much rather prefer a nice warm bath...b-bed...?" she tripped over his words.  He did not know why that slipped out.  He was only thinking of her health, especially with the nights as cold as they were.  His cheeks turned a deep red with that thought suggested out loud and went quiet, unsure how to fix what he said.

Anonymous

Raine chuckled softly at his offer, she knew his intentions were purely innocent. She offered him a warm smile as she brought her hand to his cheek, patting him gently.

"I would love that, but I couldn't dare trouble you with myself. I'm sure after all these long months on my own in caves and in the catacombs of Serenity I can surely survive another night of discomfort." She joked lightheartedly and of course she would prefer to clean up and sleep in a nice comfortable bed. It's been, as she mentioned, months since she's been in the hospitality if an actualy household but she couldn't possibly bother such a nice young man with her troubles.

"Thank you for the offer, love, but I must respectfully decline. It'd be too much of a hassle for me to burden you with my care." She lowered her sage tones and sighed a bit, she knew that she needed it but couldn't bring herself to accept his generous offer. She snuggled close hoping that he wouldn't soon leave.

Anonymous

Her response saddened him a bit.  He did now want her to spend the night in some cold cave.  And for months she has been doing this??  That wasn’t right.  And guilt had nothing to do with it.  She should not have to make do in a cave when it was no problem at al for her to stay with him.  "No." he said rather firmly in his still kind voice.  "I cannot let you sleep out in some cave when I have the opportunity to help.  You should have somewhere nice to sleep." He decided.  "And it is no burden on me.  And I would enjoy the pleasure of your company." He smiled again.  With that, he sat up gently, holding her to him innocently and sighed.  "Please accept my offer.  I cannot and will not force it upon you.  I can only extend my hospitality and request your company." He continued with such a big heart.  He looked her in the eyes with his soft smile and blushing cheeks.

Anonymous

Raine smiled sweetly, her eyes skimming the floor as he spoke. His heart was truly pure, it's hard to find such kindness in the world these days.

"Well if you put it that way, I suppose I could consider..." She smiled as he held her to him. "I could really use a friend, and I surely enjoy your company as well..." Her eyes lowered once again, and a familiar saddened expression filled her eyes. She pondered a few things, thoughts drifting through her mind as willed.

"May I ask you a question, William?" Her tone suddenly leaned more towards a serious side as she spoke, maybe more of concern.

Anonymous

"Why yes, of course.  What would you like to know?" he answered happily.  He could sense the seriousness in her tone and held her hands gently with his own massacred ones.  "It is all right.  You can ask me anything.  I do not mind at all."  He then stood up and brought her to her feet with him gently.  Remembering something from earlier, he released her hands, turned and knelt down.  He retrieved her dagger and resumed standing.  He turned back to her and held it out.  "And here.  Do not forget this..." he reminded her, his tone somewhat sad.  He did not like weapons, but he believed in self-defense.  He would not want her to be hurt, but do defend by killing another was hard for him to accept.  He tried to smile and cheer up.  Why should he bother her with his opinions?  She was the one in need and he was too kind.

Anonymous

Raine sighed softly and took his hands gratefully as he offered to help her to her feet. She frowned a bit with his expression when he returned her dagger to her, remembering her rash actions, she noted the sorrow within his metallic eyes, something the tech based phenomenon usually didn't possess. He was truly different in more ways than met the eye.

"Why do you blush so when you speak to me?" She tilted her head to the side slightly, her chocolate locks cascading over her thinly framed shoulders. Olive hues skimming his features for a hint of his thoughts, she deftly replaced her dagger into it's sheath.

"Thanks by the way...for everything..." Her supple lips parted in a genuinly kind-hearted smile and she opened her arms offering him an embrace.

Anonymous

He stared down at her petite form innocently, his mechanical eyes adjusting to the tones more noticeably than normal ones.  His cheeks flushed more red at her sudden question.  "Um..." he was dumbfounded; his thoughts had suddenly left him.  Was he blushing??  Why was he blushing??  "I...uh...I do??" he asked curiously, not even realizing it himself. Then he relaxed more at her gratitude and he smiled, his cheeks still soft and rosy.  He gave her a big sweet hug, one of a teddy bear...far from anything machine and deadly.  He took a deep breath, exhaling slowly as he embraced her.  "You are welcome." he spoke softly against her, his voice vibrating to he skin through their touching bodies.  He was so human...it was hard to believe that he was actually completely cyborg.  Not a drop of a real person existed within him.  Everything he was...was all man-made...from his synthetic flesh to his super computer free willed brain.  He technically had no soul...right??  That question would have to remain unanswered.  He was far too human to tell...

Anonymous

Raine smiled sweetly at his embarassment, finding it humbling and kind. But a thought filled her mind of his hands...They showed that he was, atleast in some form cyborg. How can a technology based creation express human emotion so crisply? She thought a moment, pausing into his embrace. Her lips parted to speak...

"William...Are y-..." She shook her head as her cheeks burned softly with embarassment, thinking it silly to even think of asking such a question.

She mustered up the most believable smile she could and patted him on the shoulder before turning to the chapel doors to leave, her emerald hues glued to the floor.

Anonymous

He paused, listening to her.  He saw through her attempt at a smile and frowned a little.  "Am I what?" he asked curiously.  He was a little wary, bt her embarrassment relaxed him slightly.  It couldn’t be that bad if she was embarrassed about asking it.  It had to be something she was shy about asking, right?  He barely got his chance to ask that when she abruptly turned away from him and headed toward the doors.  What??  Wait...  Was she just leaving him??  A hand gently grasped her shoulder, so soft, yet so firm.  "P-please do not brush me off..." he retorted defensively and self-conciousncly.  His voice was soft and hurt and his scarred hand trembled on her shoulder.

Anonymous

Raine frowned slightly, her eyes cast downward. As his hand grazed her shoulder, she placed her own atop it. Slowly, she turned around, offering him a soft smile and taking his hand in her own.

"I'm sorry, love...I had no intention of leaving you here, I was just going to check to see if the snow had drifted in yet." She smiled sweetly once again and lowered her gaze to the floor.

"A-are you fully technical based?" Her cheeks flushed deeply as she asked him, then bringing her eyes to his own she gasped softly at what she had just said.

"I-I'm so sor-..." She lamented and turned away again.

Anonymous

He smiled a little at her question, yet it depress him thinking about that particular subject.  "Y-yes...yes I am." He sighed.  He too, dazed off at the floor for a moment before returning his eye contact to Raine.  And than, believe it or not, he relaxed even more when she apologized and his smile grew.  He swiftly and gently spun her toward him, his hands resting on her shoulders and then coasting up her neck to her cheeks ever so lightly.  "It is all right." His smile was warm and forgiving.  "As long as it does not bother you that I am, I do not mind." He coaxed, caressing her ears softly with his abnormal fingers.  "And I do like that you have the courage to ask such a question." His blush was noticeable and innocent.

Anonymous

Raine turned her head into his palm, nuzzling it gently. It was such an amazing feat for a tech based being to hold such compassion and emotion. This was quite out of the ordinary for Raine, being as that she had never had the pleasure of meeting a cyborg. The bar would now be considerably raised, she knew that much.

Suddenly, a thought came to her mind.

"William..." Her olive hues narrowed behind her delicate lids as she spoke, her voice almost trembling.

"Innocent enough you seem, but why do you hold such strong regard for someone you jsut only met?" She leaned back a bit, his hands sliding from her shoudlers as she put a foot or so between them.

"It's n-not as though I don't like it..." She stammered, slightly intrigued by his actions, but suddenly nervous by what she had encountered on a previous standard with a new race. That incident had risen while she resided- if that's what it could be called, maybe more of surviving or existing, barely - in the village of Velkshire, high in the mountains...

Anonymous

"Yes?" she replied softly with curiosity in his tone.  He easily picked up the trembling and had concern for her.  His soft smile faded slightly as memories hit his mind when Raine asked.  He looked away and sighed, trying to keep some form of smile as she stepped away from him.  His hands twitched a little as he pulled them away, but held them up to look at them.  "Hmmm..." he pondered.  "It's...uhm..." he put the words together in his head before explaining.  "Not many people trust someone like me..." his gaze was sad as he curled his fingers.  "When people try to rid their world of you...it makes it hard to find someone who will even consider me..." he informed her.  As his hands curled completely, another deep sigh escaped him.  Though what he said was so filled with hurt, he kept that bit of smile still.  His gaze met hers again and his hands dropped to his sides in despair.  Just what happened to him??  What could possibly have been done to do something like this to the poor guy?  And yet, he was still so happy about everything.  He stayed quiet and waited for Raine to absorb what he had said.  If she asked, he would tell.  He had nothing to hide from her.

Anonymous

Ah, home sweet home!
A slender figure entered the church without a sound, moving as though they had lived in the place all their life. But they did not enter through the door. Actually, the person entered into the atic, and then down through a secret passageway to the ceiling of the great hall where the two strangers now stood.
Waelin blinked baby blue eyes down at the two conversing, currently hanging upside down. Slender fingers were wrapped around one of the support beams that ran across the ceiling, sharp nails dug into the wooden surface to hold a very slender body up. Gargoylish feet were perched on the ceiling, so that he looked to be crouching in a gravity-defying way. Feathery blond hair, short and choppy, hung about his young face as he watched the two with interest.
He had been expecting Father, but since he wasn't here...

It was when the two were speaking some ways away from the old piano that Waelin noticed the man's dropped glasses. Their dark color intrigued him, for he had never seen a pair of sunglasses before. The lightly tanned figure grinned and suddenly dropped from his shadowed spot on the ceiling. Two creamy, bat-like wings unfolded and softened his landing considerably, clawed toes making a slight clack on the floor. Waelin's slightly thick tail, which when standing reached to about mid-calf, flicked as he scooped up the glasses. After a bit of puzzling, Waelin figured out how to put them on and was surprised as the already dark interior suddenly grew darker. "Woah!" The slender boy fell onto his rump as he blinked rapidly at the darkness, quickly taking the odd things off. Oh good, it wasn't permanent! What were these things anyway...?
Waelin continued to fiddle with the odd item, temporarily forgetting about the two others who by now would most definately know he was there.

Anonymous

William turned his head slowly as the noise clicked behind him.  He watched the creature silently and unnoticed.  He did not disturb them, for he wanted to see what they were doing before he interrupted.  A more of a happy smile came over his face as he saw what was happening.  The little gargoyle person was playing with his glasses.  A soft chuckle was then heard as the intruder reacted with surprise.  "Hello there." He called softly.  "Were you spying on us?" he teased lightly lowered his hands and hid them slightly as he turned fully around to see the person.

Anonymous

Waelin's head snapped up, and he quickly stood, sheepishly hiding the glasses behind his slender back. His clothing was loose and baggy, and worn from years of travel. "Uh, um...no, of course not!" He blushed lightly and looked down at his feet. "Ok, I was. I'm sorry though, I didn't mean to! It's just, this is my home, and I came to visit my father, actually."
He remembered the glasses, and quickly trotted up to the man. He was incredibly short compared to Will, and very slender, like the build of a young boy. He handed them up to the strange man with a cheerful grin. "Here ya go sir, you dropped them."

Waelin then rocked back on his heels, hooking both small hands behind his back. "You wouldn't have happened to see Father anywhere would you? Dark skin, pointed ears, white hair?" Well, he had to ask. Father was usually around at this time of night... It was odd that he was not here.
Unless...
Unless in  the years Waelin had been gone, Father had moved away!

Anonymous

William listened closely to what the boy had to say and then smiled down at him and reached out with his left hand to take the glasses, but he stopped.  He quickly hid that bare metal hand again and reached out with his flesh-covered one.  He took the glasses gently from the boy, smiling hesitantly as he rocked back and forth, his self-consciousness taking over with his appearance.  "Thank you, um..." but before he could ask the boy's name, he interrupted with his own question.  "Your father?  Hmm.  I'm sorry, but I have not seen anyone who matches your description." He replied gently.  "What is your name, by the way?  I'm William."  He pocketed his glasses and extended his hand in greeting.

Anonymous

The man may have pulled his hand back quickly, but Waelin's sharp blue eyes caught the glint of metal beforehand. As the glasses were taken from him, he leaned to the side, trying to get a better look without being too obvious. Of course, he was too obvious, but he didn't realize it just then.
He quickly snapped back to attention as the stranger spoke.
And his countenence immediately dropped. He looked away.
"Oh...alright...It's ok..."
Maybe Father really had moved away...
Drat.

Waelin suprisingly perked up again as introductions were made. He bowed, and came up grinning. "Nice to meet you William! William...I like your name alot. Mine's Waelin." He hooked his hands behind his back and continued grinning, tail flickering behind him. One would notice he wasn't one of the rough and tough boys, as his slender and short appearance, as well as his short angelicly yellow hair, made him seem slight and a bit feminine. It was all the more true when he noticed William's hand and reached out his own slender one to shake, his fingernails a slight bit pointier than most would have.
"So, what are you doing here anyway? Did you come to...um...what's it called...? Get...married? Or to...oh, oh, or to 'pray'?" He was proud of his remembering such human words, and it showed in his bright smile, pointed canines visable.

Anonymous

William could see his blatentness, but it couldn’t be helped.  He just smiled at Waelin as he looked up at him.  "Heh.  Nice to meet you too, Waelin." He shook the boy's hand, feeling his gentleness in his posture and shake.  William thought nothing of it, being different himself.  He had no right to be racist.  In fact, he condemned that word.  People were people and William was very open minded, wondering himself why other people would say certain things were wrong.  What was wrong with them?  Was there some law of the world that prohibited these things that he found no problem with?  "Hm?  Oh me?" he thought about Waelin's words.  "Yes.  I guess you could say I came here to pray." He spoke openly, felling saddened about the people that treated him so horribly when he did nothing but exist.  "I enjoy the sound of this instrument.  It relaxes me." He admitted softly.  He smiled again at Waelin's innocence, feeling comfortable around this child that thought of him as a normal person for the firs time.