Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Faceplant of Epic Proportions [Enkashi/Open]

Started by Anonymous, October 09, 2007, 06:49:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

[First thread. D8 Hogod be gentle on me!]

Sometimes people go looking for adventure and excitement. Othertimes, adventure likes to grab innocent minding-their-own-business folks by the tail, sling them over its head, and hurl them headfirst into it. This wasn’t the exact scenario with what happened to Mr. Havoc Dynamite, but it was close enough and made for a good mental image.

The demon, this morning in manticore guise, was trundling out from his makeshift den (aka his hole in the ground he went to and sulked in ever since JW kicked him out of the house). He chose the four-legger form when he went into unfamiliar territory because he liked to think himself more intimidating as a beast of legend instead of a shabbily dressed, pot-bellied human. He was wrong, but don’t’ tell him that.

Why he chose to go a new path today was beyond him. Maybe monotony was starting to get to him. Either way, paw hoof paw hoof brought him down a path, around some large rocks common to the quarry area of Draygans Hollow. The manticore found a large felled tree in his way and thought nothing of it. With a bit of effort, he reared up and scrambled over it. What he wasn’t counting on was touching down on a dimensional rift. The Hollow was riddled with the things. Instead of solid ground, his ash-tipped paws slipped through the fabric of what he considered reality and went tumbling horns over tail down a mountainside that was not there five seconds ago.

Inertia was a cruel master and caused the poor creature to tumble onwards until interrupted by a sharp drop off. He sailed downwards and found himself face-down in a bush. Thankfully it had no thorns or itchy leaves. Small bits of debris fluttered down from the ledge he’d fallen from. Birdcalls faded away from the area, the creatures that made them having been startled by the big red beast’s sudden appearance.

Havoc groaned.

Anonymous

(I'm new at this too, so I hope I'll be okay)

"Are you okay?"  the Cat-woman LadyHitchhiker asked perched from a rock that was near the bush.  Her ears were perked forward in attention, her whiskers foward in a fit of anxiety, and her tail was straight up.  With gentle agility she jumps down to check the Manticore for broken bones.

"I am a healer.  If you are injured, I can assist you."  the lady responds.  "What is you name?  Where were you going in such a hurry?  Those portals can sure be doozies!  How many fingers am I holding up?"  She chattered on amicably as she searched the body for internal injuries now that she was sure this newcomer had not broken any bones.

Anonymous

[We can learn together!]

Havoc's tail writhed as he tried to push himself to all fours and back out of the bush. The poor demon hadn't been there five minutes before he heard somebody jabbering off to one side. With brambles stuck all through his name, he reared into his hind feet and oogled over at the cat woman. He couldn't understand a word coming out of her mouth and this discouraged him. Not nearly as much as her nearing him though.  She was trying to do good, but after having been spoiled by the luxuries of the modern world, Havoc wasn't too keen on body language.

"Hey, hey, whad'a ya doin'?" He shied back, replying in a probably equally impossible to understand tongue. Once he'd tugged himself free of the bushes, he continued backing up, both paws held up in a humanoid 'woah there' gesture. He didn't want to seem ungrateful, but he wanted to get his bearings. Havoc was pretty sure this wasn't the Hollow.

Anonymous

A cry came from the forest around the two, sudden and piercing, crying out "Oblivion!" from somewhere deeper within the forest, and with only that for a warning, an arrow shot from the treeline, whizzing where the Manticore had been only a moment before, lying there from that fall. It had been deadly accurate, it would have hit him in the head for sure, and that was either a close shot from the canopy of the forest, directly from above, or that had been one heck of a shot... and the latter seemed most likely.

"SHASHASHA!!" That same voice, a woman's came again, and its source came into view, charging on the warpath. She wore chainmail with green wrapped underneath it, but she was hard to get a good look at as she weaved inbetween trees, strafing the pair of them, accenting each loud "SHA" with another arrow and another sharp turn through the trees, the shafts of wood fitted with what appeared to be arrowheads made of some white metal and gold, on dark wooden shafts.

She darted through the trees towards the manitcore and the catwoman, obviously meaning to show them the buisness end of her arrows.

Anonymous

[XD this is NOT Havoc's day]

There was a sound that caught Havoc's attention. A distant sheeewwiand then a THWOCK! as the arrow dug into the ground where the manticore's noggin had just been. He was distracted from the friendly cat woman long enough to stare at it with risen brows.

"Wh--" he broke off when another whizzed by his ear and their attacker came into view. His eyes grew wide and his pupils became nothing but mere slits as he took in exactly what was going on. The beast then let loose a great sound. "EEEEEEEEEEE!" It didn't matter what language you spoke, squeals of pure terror all sounded the same.

Havoc turned tail and began to gallop in the opposite direction, leaving poor Hitchiker at the psycho's mercy. Demi had been wrong. Running away from things all the time had done him good. Strengthened those legs of his!

Anonymous

"Well la di da... I try to help a guy who seems injured and I get attacked for it."  The LadyHitchhiker grumbles as she tries to change into a tiger in order to gain more speed.  Mid change she is struck by an arrow in the shoulder.  

"Gaaaaaaaah!" She screams, her crimson lifeblood spilling out as she changes into her natural form; that reminscent of a buxom female with a shaggy cinnamon colored pixie-do and deep green eyes.

She has to find a place to hide.  There, she can get enough strength to change forms and escape.

"I guess this is what I get for helping."

Cleo feels woozy, and realizes the arrow wasn't meant to kill her.  She has been drugged and she is falling, scratching and clawing, deep into sleep.

Anonymous

[>__> Is our attacker not going to follow? Or should this thread close since Hitchiker and my characters have gone separate ways?]

Anonymous

(oh he's going to follow)