Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

At the temple (Anyone)

Started by Anonymous, October 18, 2007, 08:36:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Anya chuckled and faded away completly but before saying "You are an interesting human Fervor Darkblade". the girl's snoring had quieted and she was now sleeping turned on her right side her hands tucked under her head and her legs curled up so that she almost looked like a puppy. Outside the sun was beginning to rise casting an oraange glow on the damp earth. A faint rainbow shown through one of the decaying and crumbling windows when the prism of color hit the girl in the face she moaned and turned onto her right side. "I don't want to get now Daddy, 5 more minutes"  she mumbled still asleep.

Anonymous

A brow erked as Anya faded away, "Yeah if you think broken is interesting.." Those blue eyes caught the faint rainbow, a light smile gracing his face.

He couldn't help but laugh at Fiona's sleep talking, he removed the small backpack with his belongings, and rooted around in it for a moment before retrieving a gray hued blanket and quietly placing it on her. The word 'interesting' just kept repeating in his mind.

He pulled out a small mess kit as well, setting it up in the run down temple, gathering scrap wood to place under it and a few bird eggs from the random nests. He quickly set to work cooking the eggs, he hadn't ate since he had arrived in this realm and well he was starving. A watchful eye kept on Fiona's sleeping form still. He didn't know what sort of creatures lived in this realm, or exactly how sneaky they could be.

Anonymous

Using: Aneirin

Two icy blue eyes watched from the darkness.  Upon entering, Rin had thought the ruins to be long abandoned, but it seems someone had made camp.  Rin could smell the eggs as they began to cook.  He noticed the girl on the ground, asleep, as she spoke in her dreams.  Rin quietly climbed to a ledge and watched from above.  The man looked like the person his brother had told him to seek.  He wondered if by some miracle he had actually found him, still Rin opted to stay hidden.  Rin coated his hand in blood, hardening it into claw-like points at his fingertips.  He did not know how these people would react to an unexpected intruder, so he decided to be ready for an attack.  A drip of blood slid unknown off Rin's arm, quickly descending, and landing with a plop on the girls arm.

Anonymous

Ferver's hands dug through his pockets for a moment, retrieving a rather bent cigarette and a lighter. He quickly lit the tobbaco product and took a few drags. Those blue eyes closed as his nose twitched lightly the faint scent of iron wafting into his nostrils.

"Either there is a lot of old armor here, or there's a lot of blood" He commented aloud, those eyes opening again. He didn't make a move to face the stranger. "So is there something I can help you with?, perhaps you were sent here by her for my head?"

Those eyes glanced towards Fiona again, spotting the drop of blood on her. His eyes trailed up from the crimson spot to Rin. A smirk gracing Ferver's face. "Y'know I wouldn't advise trying to sneak up on me anyway, but when you are covered in blood... it's kinda hard not to miss you"

He seemed a bit more freindly at this point, "So I know she didn't send you, so who did"

Anonymous

"Sneakin's never really been my thing..." Rin said with a bit of an evil chuckle.  He jumped down into the light and held the bloodformed claw in front of him.  He withdrew the blood and squatted down to wipe the blood from the girl's arm before turning back to the man.  Their eyes met in a stalemate as Rin spoke again.

"I'm not here for your head.  My brother told me to seek out a man that matches your description saying he could maybe help me.  Have you ever met a soldier by the name of Kirk Akeldama?"

Anonymous

Those blue eyes began to glare at the stranger as he reached towards Fiona, shifting back to being calm and collected again. "Great I haven't even been in this realm all that long and already people need help" He grumbled.

"Name's Ferver Darkblade just to get that out of the way," Ferver stroked his chin lightly in thought. "Nah, never heard of the man, but if you're looking for a soldier, you came to the wrong place. I might have been one before, but a fighter without a purpose is just lying to himself"

Anonymous

Rin walked over the the wall and leaned his back against it, closing his eyes and crossing his arms.  "Ferver huh? Well..."

"...I could get all the soldiers I need, but I require someone who can help me take care of some people.  Someone who's not just a lapdog for the government. I need a true hunter, I need a wolf."

Rin opened his eyes and they seemed to glow icy blue in the dim light.  His dogtags glimmered as well as Rin shifted his weight to the other leg.  He looked to Ferver in hope that he would respond favorably.

Anonymous

"A wolf huh?," Those eyes narrowed upon the man swiftly, obviously he had struck a nerve with Ferver. "Y'know the work paid well, can't say much for the life insurance though. When your boss decides to give you third degree burns on the back, just because you develope a bit of a crush on her, and then decides that the best punishment would be to send you away from everything you've ever loved to wander around in some random realm to rot"

"So please explain to me what exactly you need a 'wolf' for?," His head tilted to the side lightly, "Some nobility rub you the wrong way?," He seemed to calm down after that statement.

"Is someone in danger, or is someone dying" Those eyes closed again, despite all the bitterness over his former occupation he still obviously wasn't one just to leave a person to die. "And if not you better have a damn good reason to join a cause I don't have a clue about, manned by a bunch of people I've never even met before"

Anonymous

Rin listened intently to the man's story then answered his question.

"No no, quite the contrary, I'm being followed by a multitude of bounty hunters.  It's been almost a year now and I've been able to evade them up until now.  They are traveling in packs it seems, for whatever reason, and I doubt I fight well enough to take them all on.  Above all, I have endangered what remains of my family by visiting them, I don't want them to suffer for what has become of me.  It seems that you are not the man my brother told me to seek, but you do appear as quite a strong individual who's had more than his share of adventures.  It's the combat experience I'm after more so than the help."

"If there's anything you need, I can help you in return, or I can simply pay you if that's what you want."  Rin added as an afterthought.

Anonymous

"So what did you do to get them to...wait, did you say money" Those eyes livened up a bit, he had just came to realization he would need money to survive in this realm. A light cough graced his lips, "Not that money is all I'm concerned about, but how much?".

"Wow these guys sound like my old 'freinds'," He smirked lightly after he spoke. "Maybe they have some sort of connection to Yana" Those digits laced between one another, and a light push outwards of them issued a rather loud pop despite the steel knuckles on his gloves.

Anonymous

"Well, really I did nothing but escape...and um, destroy some stuff.  I served in Necromantia as a militant, but was falsely imprisoned.  About three years later they decided to experiment on me, I escaped afterwards, ruining their research in the process, and now I'm here." Rin said with a sigh.

"I can't offer an excess of money, but a friend of mine is a friend of the family, and we will help in anyway we can, shelter, food, equipment, among other things.  We can help search for this...Yana, was it?  If that's what you'd like."

Anonymous

"Well... I guess I don't really need money in that case," He flicked that cigarette to the ground and put it out with a well placed boot. "Now food on the other hand wouldn't hurt at all, and the best for shelter out here I can offer is this place".

"Heh I'm not exactly high tech in battle, I suppose you could call me a brawler of sorts, so equipment I can live without" He nodded lightly to Rin, "Trust me, if she comes here... you don't want to find her" Those memories of his first mission with Yana tugged at his mind, the scents of burning flesh and hair, those screams, the heat from the fires, the faces all twisted by pain and horror.

Anonymous

"She must be a pretty bad gal then...Well I'm sure the bounty hunters will find me here eventually, so if I have your support I will stay and we can take care of them, if not I suppose I'll be on my way as to not endanger you or your little girlfriend over there."  Rin said glancing at the sleeper.

Anonymous

"Yeah, they shouldn't be that big of a problem" He shrugged lightly, a brow erking at the comment on 'girlfriend. "No it's not like that, we just met, she got a bad habit of getting hit over the head with falling debris and stuff" Those eyes peered at the ground for a moment.

Anonymous

Rin chuckled a bit at Ferver's comment.  "What ever you say."

Rin's attitude turned serious now.
"So how should we get rid of the guys?  Or would u like to apprehend them for questioning?  Either way is fine with me."

Anonymous

"What's that supposed to mean?" He glared sharply at Rin again, however; he was quickly distracted by the mention of tactics. "The old fashioned way of course, but leave one alive, that way I can find the exact location of whoever is sending these guys out. Then off that one and be done with it all"

Anonymous

"Sounds like a plan, so where do we set the trap to catch 'im?  I'll handle the trap itself."

Rin turns at the sound of dogs barking.

"Sounds like they're here huh?  So much for planning.  They're sure to investigate the light, so get the girl to a safe place and we'll trap them all in this room and then we'll have our choice of who to capture."  Rin said with a chuckle as he covered his arms in blood and let to flow to the ground.  The pool began to grow as he prepared for the encounter.  The smell of blood once again filled the area.

"That should bring the dogs right to me."

Anonymous

A light growl graced Ferver's lips as the blood pooled around Rin, He quietly and gently moved to attempt to pick Fiona up and move her up a nearby set of stairs onto the second floor. He then returned downstairs and pulled that massive sword from the spot on the floor he had stabbed it into earlier.

"Well I guess it's time to come out of retirement" He muttered to himself, quickly putting another cigarette into his mouth and lighting it with his free hand. Those eyes focused on the door way, one way in, that nose twitched lightly with the scent of blood gracing it again. A few blinks of those eyes and they turned from that light blue to a much darker blue.

Anonymous

The blood quickly coated the room and hardened.  It looked like it was the walls of the room.  Rin sealed off all exits but where the men would come in.  Then he walked over and stood near Ferver facing the entrance.

"There...the trap is set.  This stuffs nearly impenetrable."  Rin said with a smirk.

Rin held his hands down to his side and blood ran down his arms.  Blood pooled in his palms and not long after took the shape of sword hilts.  Blood continued to build up upon them and formed two identical short swords.  He tapped a blade against the walls and a metallic ring echoed in the chamber.

"Shall we ambush, or just take 'em head on like men?" Rin said with a chuckle.

Anonymous

"You're joking right?," He shook his head lightly, a broad grin gracing Ferver's face. "Let them in, just remember keep one alive, to hell with the rest" He took a fighting stance at this point. gripping that massive blade much like a baseball player gripped a bat. Those blue eyes full of what appeared to be a blood lust of sorts.