Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

At the temple (Anyone)

Started by Anonymous, October 18, 2007, 08:36:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Footsteps echoed down the hall, and the howl of at least 5 dogs was heard.  Light was visible at the end of the tunnel as the group stepped around the corner.  It consisted of 3 men and 5 dogs.  One of the men had the dogs on leash, one, a mage, held a ball of light, and the other's blades glistened in the light.  Suddenly the man released the dogs and they charged the two fighters.

Anonymous

"Heh, easy day" Ferver commented as he flicked that cigarette to the side," Swiftly sheathing that sword, it was far too bulky for targets so low to the ground, he charged back at the canines.

He  reared back his right leg just seconds before he would have collided with the dogs, and swiftly sent that forementioned leg squarely into one of their jaws, sending it straight into one of those stone walls with a rather gut wrenching smack.

Another would lunge at Ferver's form, which his effortlessly side-stepped, A quick back flip issued by Ferver as it landed from the attempt, he landed full force on the back of the dog's neck, a loud snap issued from it's neck in the process. "Please tell me you assholes didn't think sending in a pack of dogs was honestly going to do anything"

Anonymous

Blades of blood extended from the floor and walls, taking care of the rest of the pack.

"No not at all!" One of them said in response to Ferver as he appeared behind him.

"Did you forget about me?" Rin said as the floor came to life.  Tentacle-like extensions shot around the man, pinning him against the ceiling, hardening, and holding him there.

"There's our captive Ferver.  Be my guest."  Rin stated as the remaining two charged Ferver.  A wall of blood blocked the hall behind them.  The mage shot a fire ball at Ferver which exploded on a protective wall that had been quickly formed and then dropped by Rin.

The explosion blocked the view of the two bounty hunters, but they continued to charge.

Anonymous

"Good work kid" Ferver grinned as he noted the captive was already taken, he unsheathed his sword before leaping up and kicking off of the blood wall, rotating in mid-air, he then kicked off of the ceiling and came down in a blur of motion.

The sound of blade on bone and flesh was heard twice, but the motion was essentially undectable. Ferver landed in a crouching position, just as quickly as he had landed another blur of motion occured, this time followed by several more, that sound of flesh torn asunder heard constantly filled the air, blood was flying everywhere yet his opponents remained intact for the time being.

Finally he stopped, stabbing that blade into the ground with a very unnerving grin plastered on his face. "Over here kiddies," He said with a grin, The two turned to face his form, but quickly noticed their bodies were literally coming apart in large pyramid shaped peices. "What was that about a better challenge than the dogs, tell your maker Ferver sent yah" He offered a wink, as those eyes faded back to that light blue hue.

Anonymous

"Wow...I saw u come off the ceiling, but then I lost ya.  Very impressive Ferver."  Rin said with a chuckle.  As the blood receded back, except what was holding the captive.  The pillar of bloodformed tentacles rose to the ceiling and formed a blob around the man before droping to the ground and reforming into a cage.

"I rather enjoy these blood powers.  Maybe I should be thankful to the doctors."  Rin said with a dark laugh as he took a look at what he had caught.

"So these are the powers that they spoke of...its a marvel I'm still alive."  The bounty hunter said in awe.  

Rin walked toward Ferver and said something quietly to him as to not spook the hunter.

"Lets get what we need from this guy so i can crush him."

Anonymous

"Right..." He dusted himself off lightly, leaving that sword in the ground, he moved the pan housing those eggs from the fire and set them to the side after ensuring no blood had gotten into them.

"Well go ahead, as away, after all I'm pretty sure he knows exactly how easy it would be to make a bunch of blood spikes pop up in there and give him a nice slow agonizing death" Those blue eyes focused on the caged man. "Or perhaps I should break a few bones before that starts?"

Anonymous

"Again, be my guest."  Rin said relinquishing the man of his swords and closing off all exits.  Rin sheathed the blades and threw them to the corner.  He then release the man from his cage.

"No where to run buddy..."  Rin said glaring at the man.

The bounty hunter dove towards his swords, but they were quickly encased in a dome of hardened blood.

"Have fun Ferver."  Rin said as he walked over and leaned his back against the wall.

Anonymous

A light frown graced Ferver's face, slowly he approached the stranger, those thuds of each bootfall seeming to echo in his own mind. That gloved right hand reached down, and grabbing the man by his neck firmly, but still not tight enough to choke him, he slammed him against the wall. "Look, your buddies are dead, and it's their own fault for just sending a bunch of attack dogs in here and then coming in in a blaze of glory, tell us who sent you and why, and you'll probably be the only one to make it out of this alive"

He always tried the nice guy approach, it was after all his true nature despite his rather violent past. He never wanted to kill when he could avoid it, that was up until Yana came along and then it was for love.

"I'm pretty sure you have a family of some sort, and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't like to find you in the condition of those other two"

Anonymous

(OoC: gotta mix it up now...that was too ez lol)

The man opened his mouth the speak when he turned to ash and fell to the floor at Ferver's feet, dirtying his boots.  The other two men's corpses, and the dogs' did the same in unison.

"Distraction tactics...It's never as easy at it seems huh Ferver?"  Rin said, deflecting a flurry of knives with an armored hand.  One struck him in the leg as he went to move and he flinched, nearly falling.  Suddenly about ten men0, all identical, dressed in black cloaks and strange white masks appeared in the room surrounding Ferver and Rin.  They brandished blades that pulsed with strange green jolts of electricity, producing an ominous glow.

"Well it seems this may be interesting after all..."  Rin said as he pulled the knife from his leg and dropped it to the ground.  Once again he coated the ground in blood.  He also formed a pair of swords identical to his last two.

"Ready mate?"  He said looking over his shoulder to Ferver whom he was back to back with now.

Anonymous

"Rin.. guard Fiona" He growled in a almost feral tone, those knuckles popped as he glared at the ten new combatants, he then scooped up the dagger that had Rin had removed from himself.

"I'll be damned if a bunch of morons outsmart me" Those eyes narrowed, and that air seemed to grow a bit heavier around his form. Despite his obvious anger, he didn't tense any of those muscles, so what exactly was Ferver plotting.

"You boys are in for a whole helluva lot of hurting" He offered a rather unnerving grin. "If any of you survive me, you can take the kid... but I wouldn't hold my breath"

Anonymous

Omnious laughter filled the room as the ten figures blurred.  Suddenly there were twice as many.

"What is this...some kinda halucination?"  Rin said as he got a dome of blood situated over Fiona.

"There, she has plenty of air in there..."

"Halucination?  Ha...this is no such thing.  Each and everyone of us are real as you and your friend there."  All the men said in unison as they began to run around in a circle.  Every once in a while a jolt of green lightning would arc between two of the men's swords through the middle of the circle.

"If this is real electricity metallic armor won't help much..."  Rin thought to himself as he surveyed the area.  Suddenly he saw something different among the men.  He watched closely to confirm it, and again he saw it.  rin leaned back and whispered to Ferver.

"One of them doesn't have a sword...look, he's running around the outside of the circle."

Anonymous

Violet eyes opened and she noticed something red over her her she blinked but it wouldn't go away so heard the sound of other people she sat up rubbing her eyes wondering if she was still asleep. When the red dome and sounds still didn't go away she realized she was not dreaming. "Eh what's going on?" she asked herself she then looked closely at the dome and realized it was blood. "Eeep!" she sqeaked normally she wasn't phased  by blood but she was covered with a dome of it! "Do not panic little one" Anya said materilizing outside the dome however she made it so that the Soldiers couldn't see her she growled and leaped on one that had been ready to attack the new stranger called "Rin" ripping his throat was effortless.

Anonymous

"Seems she's awake, and now we have a wolf?  What's with this place..."  Rin said as he tore through a segment of the strangers to get to the dome.  He released it, and helped to girl up.

"Are you able to fight?"  Rin asked after quickly explaining what had happened while she was out.  

A flurry of knives flew towards them.  Rin turned just in time to see them, but did not get a wall up in time.  Only about half of them were blocked, while the other half stabbed into Rin's torso.  Luckily nothing vital was hit.  The wall was completed as the ring of metal on metal was heard in unison with another barrage.  He practically ripped the knives from himself knowing full well he could not die of blood loss.

"I haven't had this much fun for along time!"  Rin said, glaring with a killers bloodlust, as he darted back into combat.  Tentacles of blood extended from him, striking a multitude of the figures.  As each one was hit, they turned to ash much like the decoys before.  As quickly as they had been defeated, more replaced them.

"We aren't getting anywhere with this.  They're all just copies, he's just trying to wear us down.  Show yourself you coward!!!"  Rin yelled.

Suddenly the figures stopped and all turned toward one man.  They all charged him, and upon colliding with him seemed to merge.  What was left was one figure.

"Happy?"  He said with a smirk and a glare to match.

"You don't know who you are dealing with kid!"  He said in a maniacle tone.

(OoC: I'm going to continue playing this guy like I have, and he's gonna be tough, so if I do anything that seems like god moding with him let me know.)

Anonymous

"Man this is getting ridiculous," A trigger finger pointed towards their attacker, "Don't you people ever know when it's time to back off?" A brow erked as Anya appeared, and Fiona was awake.

"Y'know this place used to be holy ground, and I'm pretty sure your little hunt upon it has brought enough desecration to whatever religion used it," He rushed towards the source of the multiple figures, those hands; however weren't balled into fists, and those eyes seemed more focused on the various joints of the man rather than just one area.

"Why is it every time I make a freind some kind of random battle pops up?" He growled rather loudly.

Anonymous

The man chuckled darkly at the comment before acting.  In an instant his hands were out from under his cloak and held into the air.  They pulsed with the same green lightning as before.  It arced to the ground, burning a circle into it that was woven with various symbols and runes.  As Ferver ran he may have noticed the trails of blood on either side of him.  The man seemed to be focusing energy before he released a volley of destructive jolts.  As it neared Ferver in almost an instant, a spike jutted from one of the blood trails, hardening instantly into a small spire.

"Conduction...gotta love it."  Rin said quietly to himself as the jolt was diverted from Ferver's path.

The rest of the jolts were also handled in this manner.  As Ferver neared the man, the man placed a hand on his mask.  He began to slowly remove it.  The face that was revealed, that of a man of many years, made Rin drop to his knees.

"Wh...why..."  Rin stammered, losing his concentration.  The blood just dropped to the floor and lay there, motionless.

Anonymous

"Keep it up kid" Ferver grunted as he finally neared the man, thankful that Rin was making this rushing attack far easier than it would have been alone. Those muscles tensed up in a blink of the eye, as he stooped down just inches from the man.

"You're finished!" He growled as he put all of his strength into a horrifically powerfull uppercut aiming to catch the man just under the chin. Those blue eyes closed for a moment, though it seemed like minutes for him. Memories of that first encounter with the one that have left him within an inch of his life, the same one that had sent him to this realm. They were memories of the happier days though, walks through the forest, trips to the lakes and beaches. Hell even his old memories of lounging around the bar brought a momentary smile to the seasoned fighter's face.

Anonymous

Right as the mask came off, the man was struck in the chin.  He flew upwards with the sheer force of the blow.  As he hung in the air he looked at Rin with bloodshot eyes.  His long white hair seemed weightless as it hovered around his face which was wrinkled and worn with time.  Rin looked up at that exact moment and their eyes locked.  Rin stared into the man with his icy blue eyes, and a newfound hatred.

"Why father!"  Rin yelled right before the man vanished.

(father's name is Ian so i will refer to him as that now)

He reappeared right in front of Rin, glaring down him before lifting him by the throat.  He used his other hand to relocate his jaw.

"I could feel your heart and soul in that attack...makes things hurt a lot more"  The man said in a chuckle with his head tilted over his shoulder towards Ferver.

"As for you..." Ian said turning back to Rin. "...you will be returning to Necromantia with me!"

"Like hell I will."  Rin said quietly.  His breath was scarce at the moment after all.

Anonymous

Fiona was standing next to the blood-bender and watched him fall to his knees and yell at the old man he called "father" obiviously distraught she looked around the temple at the dead soldiers man alot happened when you were asleep she walked up to the other fighter and tapped him on his shoulder "Hey Fervor what's going on , who is that guy?" she asked as a desperate soilder tried to grab her but was knocked out by Fiona's elbow to his head. Violet eyes surveyed the bloodied grounds "Well it seems you had fun you're cleaning it up though" she said.

Anonymous

(((o nvm, continue)))

Anonymous

"Oh well, while I was cooking, he tried to sneak up on us, and wanted protection from bounty hunters... so I said I'd protect him" He tilted his head to the side lightly. Still catching his breath from the amount of energy used in his previous attack. "Oh..I...UH.. no it wasn't fun at all, I'll clean it" He nodded lightly to her.

A brow erked as the father and son spoke, "This sounds a bit too much like a family affair for my taste" He frowned lightly, "So there... mysterious self cloning man.... what exactly do you want him for"