Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

So many pretty things! (Open!!!)

Started by Anonymous, December 29, 2007, 10:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Ferver squinted a grin gracing his face. "Found it... it's a few blocks down on the right" , He frowned lightly at the sudden change in breath she took. "Nah.. beggars are too lazy to cut a neck, and axes are far too unweildy even in the night going against just two people... it'd be a peice of cake to take him down anyway".

Those eyes drifted to the sky again as he walked, obviously something on his mind. Those brows furrowing lightly as he peered at the moon. "So, wonder what happened to your boyfriend anyway" He teased lightly as he realized the mention of George again. "Probably icing himself down after that hit I'm sure" Those brows relaxed again his smile returning.

Anonymous

She nodded at his sign reading, and shot him a quizzical glance about his theory on beggars, I've seen to many beggars who weren't to lazy.  Out of the corner of her eye she saw his brow furrow, and his eyes stray to the sky.  "Is everything okay?"

She laughed and blushed at his teasing, "He probably is icing it down!  He always was such a baby..."  She laughed again, "So, are you going to just go along your way in the middle of the night, or are you gonna stick around for awhile?"  she asked trying to make conversation.

Anonymous

"Ah it's nothing" He shrugged lightly at her question, that wandering mind snapping back to the present state of things.

"Heh yeah, he seemed like he doesn't even have a bite to him, just bark" He nodded lightly, a brow erking at her question. "Well I suppose if that's an invitation, I can stick around... it's not like I've got anywhere to be y'know" He chuckled lightly.

Anonymous

"It's true he doesn't have a lot of bite just a hell of a lot of bark,"  When he responded to her question she couldn't help but smile a little, "Actually it was a invitation, do you wanna have breakfast or lunch somewhere?  My treat as a... thank-you for being my bodyguard, and actually talking to me without caring about the color of my hair."  

She stopped at that, afraid she said to much.  She stole a glance at him from under her eyelashes.

Anonymous

"Uh sure" His face flushed sightly, "Heh I guess a lot of people talk about your choices in hair color?" He offered a light smile, he noticed that glance she issued as well. That face keeping a light red hue now, thankfully the dim light issued by that orb hid it well.

Anonymous

A smile bloomed on her face, "Yeah, hey people are still to dull and down-to-earth, and not ready for change yet, I however am more sure of myself and life, and ready to be myself, a mature adult!!"  She drew herself up to as tall as she could, but the whole mature effect was ruined by her grin and her giggle.

"Well, maybe not that mature, but still, its a start!!"  She laughed again.  Feeling her face turn a light pinkish color.

Anonymous

He laughed lightly as she tried to make herself look taller, suddenly he stopped and turned right, almost bumping in to her. "Oh here it is," Ferver nodded towards the building in front of him. Moving up the stairs and holding the door open for her.

"See I told ya' everything would be just fine," He grinned lightly to her, that orb dissapating away slowly.

Anonymous

She jumped back to avoid being knocked over when he swerved.  And turned with him, nodding at the building he pointed out, she blushed slightly when he opened the door for her, "Why thank you!!  I do feel like a noble now, a bodyguard people opening the doors, i could get used to that, but only if the nobles weren't so... snobby and preppy and mean!!!"

She answered his smile with one of her own, and blinked when they light started fading outside except for the bar of light coming in from the inside.    "Yeah, you did say that, and I should have listened better, so when and where do ya want to meet tomorrow???  And thanks!!"  She stuck out her hand.

Anonymous

He offered a meek smile at the thanks, "No problem, I mean it's just a door right?" He shrugged lightly, Shaking her hand as it was offered. "Um, well, noon sound good?" He tilted his head lightly, taking a moment to think beforehand on the time, awkwardly letting go after he had noticed he was still clutching her hand.

"Hey anytime, I try to be helpful, as long as the person isn't trying to kill me, or toy with others" He chuckled lightly as he turned and walked back into the darkness, that orb flickering back up as he did so.

Anonymous

"Yeah, just a door."  She blushed slightly when he let go of her hand,  "Yeah!!  Noon sounds great!!  See you at noon!"  She smiled and watched him walkaway that orb springing back up.  Only after he was out of sight did she turn and walk up to her room.

-NEXT DAY-

Beck sat at the bar with an ale staring out into space.

Anonymous

Ferver made his way into the bar, those blue eyes skimming over the patrons, spotting Beck he manuvered his way to take a seat beside her. "Whiskey on the rocks" He said with a smile towards the bartender.

A light grin was offered to Beck, "And so we meet again.. though planned still a pleasure" He offered a light nod to her as he exhanged a few gold coins for the drink.

Anonymous

In her own little world she barely registered someone taking a seat beside her, when she heard the now familiar voice she snapped back to reality and looked over to Ferver.  She returned the nod, "Well, planned or not, it is still a pleasure!!"  She gestured the bartender for another ale, placing more coins on the counter.

"So, anything new and exciting in your world, since I last saw you?"  She grinned at him.

Anonymous

"Ah Not really, I tried your idea of not sleeping outdoors, and got a room.. must say it's pretty good to actually spoil myself a bit" He chuckled lightly, taking a swig of his drink. "Who would have thought an actual bed would be so comfortable," It showed rather well on him too, those lids weren't half-lidded but open, and full of life.

"And how has your day been?"

Anonymous

"You got a room!!  It is nice to spoil yourself a bit if your not used to a room!!  You look, more awake today, better, you should 'spoil' yourself more often!!"  She smiled, "Eh, nothing new or exciting here either, my day was just this, sit here chat with various people, ya know!!"  She smiled, a small tug at the corner of her mouth smile.  

She took a swig of her ale.  "So, do ya wanna do lunch?  Where do ya wanna go?"

Anonymous

"Err, well thanks" His face flushed for a moment, "I think I'll stick to that from now on, first good nights sleep I've had in a while, and well what else would I spend my money on anyway right?" He downed more of that whiskey.

"Uhm well I don't really know this town well at all, even after last night, you have a particular place you like around here, I'm not really picky when it comes to food myself"

Anonymous

"You should do it more often, you'll get old slower!!"  She grinned, "Well, whatever you want to!!  But your health is more important then frivolous things, suchas jewelry, dresses, coloring for clothes, I use that to dye my hair!!"  She smiled again, "Nah, I don't really have a particular place, usually I'll pick something up as I go around town, or I'll get a bite with a drink, whatever strikes me."  She glanced down at her cup, and had a slight smile.

pick up, yeah, i pick up meat pies, or chicken legs, or anything that I see...  I wonder if I should tell him my 'hobby', well know one ever notices, nor will they recognize me, and its not like I am going to steal from him, hes to nice, besides if I was, I would've done it last night in the dark  She shook her head to clear it, and turned back towards Ferver, "what are ya hungry for?"

Anonymous

"Heh I know, well it's not like I'll run short of funds anytime soon, everyone has someone they want to get rid of, or have saved so business doesn't really slow" He tilted his head in light though, "Well do you know of any grills around this area?" He wasn't really used to not having to hide from his enemies from the old realm, so he had been sticking to avoiding even resturants, grill was just the first word that came to mind.

"What are you plotting anyway?" He offered a playful grin as he noted the the head shake, "y'know people only do that sort of thing when they are thinking really hard," He scooted closer and erked a brow as he finished off his drink.

Anonymous

"Grills?  Yeah, there's a nice tavern/grill a couple blocks down, nice place, real new not many people but excellant food!!  I've been there a couple times, a lot of the time if I don't have any thing else to do then I'll go out and I'll get an ale or something, but I've been there a couple times, good food, nice folk, not that expensive, it's still a nobody kinda place but its not gonna be that way forever, people who own it are real nice to."  She smiled at him, "PLotting? me?  I'm not plotting anything, I'm just reflecting and thinking, and trying to settle everything in my head, its a mess!"  She decided to not do anything about the scooting closer thing, deciding to play it cool, and act like she didn't notice, that much.  "And theres another place nor far from that, that has nice food, not as nice, and it is always crowded."

Anonymous

"Well then, lead the way," He chuckled lightly as he scooted back away after she had said she wasn't plotting anything. "I mean, after all I don't want you getting lost again, next time I might not be able to find anything" That smile graced his face again.

"Err, I mean no rush or anything, whenever you finish your ale you know?" He tried to retract his rather gruff personality he tended to have sometimes. "Whichever place you want works for me, price isn't really an issue, after all I don't spend much money on gear or inns of course".

Anonymous

She took a last swig of her ale, "I'm all ready, so you don't mind?  Cool, then we are going to the newer place, the only problem is I can never remember the name of the place for the life of me!!"  She laughed, "Oh don't worry, I'll get lost just so you can find it!!"  She grinned at him, getting up off the barstool.

She moved toward the door with him, "So, what do ya feel like eating?  This place has a lot but it doesn't have everything, so we might not want to go there."  She started walking down the street.