Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

On the Lam (Nae)

Started by Anonymous, January 28, 2008, 02:36:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Shifting through thick, yellowed pieces of parchment, Cheshire draw the visa papers he’d had a friend prepare for him. Glancing at the first one to make certain that it was correct, he handed it over. “Here. I think you should find these to be in order.�

The guard took them and examined them carefully, saying, “Mister…Lucious Delano, huh? What brings you here from the mainland on such short notice? It looks like these were filled just…a week ago. What’s the rush?�

Allowing his instincts to lie for him, Cheshire lifted his chin slightly. “If you must know, I’m eloping.�

The city official’s brows rose in surprise. “Really? And who’s this?� He pointed to Talia.

Sighing imperceptibly, the incubus reached for her waist and hoped the girl would be agreeable. “Lie,� he whispered low on the exhale, touching his lips to the top of her head in the imitation of a kiss. Hoping it would have hidden his words to her, he turned his head and rested his cheek against her hair.

“Talia is my fiancée.�

“Really? How interesting.� The guard glanced down to the girl and asked, “Have you been here before? I could swear that I’ve seen your face.�

Anonymous

She watched him lie and a look of shock almost showed upon her face. Luckily, however, it was hidden by the slight blush that he put on her cheeks as Cheshire pulled her against him and planted a kiss softly on her forehead. Even past the blush she still managed to smoothly slink her arm around his back so that she was snuggled into to him before answering the guards questions to her.

“You probably have. See, I used to live, I was a servant girl until Lucious found me… He really is my hero!�

She emulated a look of awe in her eyes before adjusting herself to pull him into a full hug. Looking like the epitome of a girl caught up in her old  fairy tales. She was surprised she had remembered the name the guard had mentioned but had been happy it did when it spilled out of her mouth. Still when she went to wrap her other arm around him for the hug she had to place her basket down, and upon glancing back on it she realized that she must still look like a servent girl… so her lieing continued.

“While we’re back in Cerenis I wanted to visit my mom… and well…�

Here she leaned herself towards the guard a little as if embarrassed that such a scandal should be happening to her very dear mother.

“Mom is getting kind of old. So naturally there are tons of chores to do around the house and I just had to come into the market and buy her a few things…�

Here she pulled herself away from Cheshire to pull out an apple and offer it to the guard.

“Her favorite is apples.�

Talia’s smile beamed while inside she suddenly felt like shooting herself. That was the sappy-ist thing she had said in her entire life. It was so think and sweet she felt like she’d choke on it and either laugh or end up putting her foot in her mouth, so she finally stopped speaking merely taking Cheshire’s hand instead making a death grip seem like a kind reassuring squeeze. What was she getting herself into?

Anonymous

Cheshire was caught up in a flood of relief and bemusement as the girl lied like it was her first languageâ€"it probably was. He stood back and enjoyed the show, letting her talk, watching her weave an elaborate story.

As the guard accepted the apple with a small, gentle smile on his face, the incubus realized he was home-freeâ€"at least for the moment. The guard handed back his visa, saying, “Well congratulations. I’m very sorry to delay you.â€? Then, turning to Talia, he added, “I hope your mother feels better, soon. I won’t keep you any longer.â€?

“Thank you, sir,� replied Cheshire, taking Talia’s basket and scooping up his bag, “your service is greatly appreciated. Good luck in catching him.�

“Thanks,� the guard laughed. “Hey, if you see a guy named ‘Katze’, you tell an officer, all right?�

“I wouldn’t even have to think about it,� the incubus assured him, letting Talia lead him away. The very second they turned the corner, Cheshire let out a low, relieved sigh.

“That was magnificent. Thank you, Talia, you were great.�

Anonymous

“I’m warning you. I will never be that cutesy again.�

Here she shivered for good measure but ended up laughing anyway.  

“That was just disgustingly sweet. Like marmalade mixed with sugar and honey kind of sweet.�

She rolled her eyes and leaned her back against the wall of the brick house on her side of the street shaking her head surprised she had kept it up for so long.

Anonymous

“Well,� the incubus told her, “I genuinely appreciate it.� He scooped up her hand, pressing his lips to her knuckles before releasing it. “If I can ever do anything for you, please don’t hesitate to tell me. Now then, shall we continue?�

===

“What do you mean?�

“I just saw a man matching his description, but his visas checked out.�

“Did he have a girl with him?�

“As a matter of fact, yes.�

“Then I have good mind to assume that it was Katze! You fool, I’ll have you fired for this! Which way did they go?�

“Around that corner.�

“Get out of my way, then. I’ve a monster to catch.�

Anonymous

She almost felt a small giddy feeling when he kissed her hand… almost… Meaning reality caught wind of her emotions and smacked her in the face hard enough to suspect him of everything under murder and instead of blushing helped her to merely roll her eyes and continue down the alley they were now walking on very well aware that she could easily get to the house threw the servants entrance this way.

“It’s not much farther, so I won’t be a burden to you much longer.�