Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Down By The Ocean [open]

Started by Anonymous, February 18, 2008, 02:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Traders and sea merchants filled the city streets, leaving no room for the large Gypsy mare or the man astride her to move. People milled around the duo, yelling out their wares and other just yelling in anger for them to get out of the way. Linus dismounted the mare and led her by the reins toward the nearest inn. The inn looked cozy enough, though it did need a good coat of paint and a new fence, but it was good enough for now. He he looked at the mare and spoke something to her as he placed the reins upon her neck and put the stirrups on the seat of the saddle. The mare snorted and stood in the yard of the inn and waited.

Linus walked inside and looked around. Drift wood carvings and odd feathers and fish scales were everywhere! Obviously the inn keeper had to much free time, or was an avid collector. Jet black eyes searched the small room and found a small man dozed off in a chair behind a desk. Linus cleared his throat but the man didn't stir, he instead he emitted a loud snore and grunted.

Linus had no time do deal with drowsy inn keepers s he balled his fist and slammed it down on the desk. The little carvings on the desk jumping up and falling over. The inn keeper awoke with a fright and stared at the man who had awoken him. "M..m..may I help you?" He sputtered out. Linus smiled and nodded. "I'd like to request a room and a stall." His deep voice sounded like two rocks rubbing against each other. The small man nodded and handed him a small gold key and swallowed hard. Linus graped the key and walked out back toward the stable. He whistled for the mare and undid the packs on her back and  closed her into a stall. He placed a square of hay into the stall and walked back out to the inn with the packs slung on his back. He walked upstairs and undid the lock and went inside.

The room was simple with only a bed pushed against the far wall. A trunk at the foot of the bed and an oak table on the other wall. The window looked out over the sea and seagulls circled outside. Linus set his packs on the bed and relocked the door on is way out.

The sun was at it's highest in the sky and it's rays beat down on the town center, making sweat pour down the face's of many. He walked around, constantly being shoved and given nasty looks from the traders. Was it his dirty, unshaven appearance? Or was it his unwashed clothes? The leather leggings were stained with mud and grass, but the leather was still taught and unworn. His leather and cotton shirt was dirtied with dust but was none the worse for wear. So maybe he wasn't the cleanest man in the town, but he was a traveler so it didn't really matter.

He made his way down to the shore and away from the crowded town center. Here the only people were either sailors or sea merchants coming in from sea. A crisp salt laden breeze was wafting off the sea, cooling everyone from the noon day's heat. But by this time the sun was starting to set and the ocean was drenched in red and pink ribbons of light. Linus let out a sigh and sat upon a large rock. The breeze played with his light russet hair and he closed his eyes to it, remembering times long before of when his mother once took him to the ocean as a child. He remembered her soothing voice as he waded into the water and when they built a sand castle and he was happy. The shriek of an overhead gull called him from this flashback and into the real world. The world where he wasn't accepted by society, and when he was someone came along and crushed that happiness. That's just how his life worked..

Anonymous

OOC: Yay, someone to play with :). Okay, as far as introductions go this is lame but oh well.
BIC:

Now that Serigala was back in town she had to use her human form, which was very annoying. As a human people were more likely to steal things from you, bash you or worse. She had discovered this after being offered a lift with a group of men trading farm tools, pottery and an odd assortment of brick-a-brack. They had tried to take advantage of her but she had slipped into her garou-form and escaped with her pack and a few other things she had been able to csoop up in her mouth. She had needed to buy some clothes from a farmer's wife down the road, thus she now only had enough for half the journey to the Yoreiq Isles.

Whiles musing, she bumped into a tall horse. She continued plodding along without appologising until she came to an inn. The place was a bit run down but most of the places in this district were. At least she wouldn't be next to the docks. That place had a horrid smell to it.

She silently handed the sleepy innkeeper twelve brass coins, listened to his instruction on where the room was then went up to her room. She dropped her pack then took off her outer layer of clothes. She curled up on the bed and slept the rest of the day.

It was just before sunset when she woke up and she wass feeling rather hungry. She doubted that her board included food so she tore a bit of roasted conney and pulled of a bit of coarse bred for her tea. She stepped off the bed and went outside. She was feeling very lonely so she went to the stable and stroked a beautiful farmhorse.

Anonymous

ooc - sorry I've been gone..

bic - The sun was almost gone beyond the ocean when Linus finally got back to the inn. Along the way back he had picked up a loaf of bread, a deer hide, and a new pack for all of his things. He walked up to his inn room and pulled a key from his pocket. He walked slowly into the small room and lit a lamp on the oak table. Yes, he can see fine in the dark, but it's nice to have a lamp so you don't look like a weirdo walking around in a totally dark room. He set all the other stuff down and yawned. He had been busy all day and wanted nothing more then to hit the sack and sleep till none, but if he did that Leera would hate him, and he didn't want his only friend hating him.

He walked out of the dark inn house and toward the stable. He searched around, all senses on high alert, and he picked up a strange scent. A shifter of some sort. He let out a low growl and walked in the stable. Black eyes cut through the darkness and picked out a woman petting Leera. Sharp claws began to form where nails had once been and the light brown hair that stopped at his shoulders began to lengthen and form around his face. Flat herbivore teeth began to sharpen and protrude from his lips.

"Can I help you?" Ok he isn't the nicest or most trustworthy person in the world. But he has his reasons.

Anonymous

The scent of the horse was beautiful, though the poor thing had not been rubbed down or groomed. She picked up a brush and started brushing its coat.

Serigala rubbed her face into the horse's shoulders so did not sense the man walking up behind her. When she heard his growling voice she started in fright. Out of shock she accidently transformed into her Garou form. Great, that was just what she needed: lapses in concentration.

She turned around to see a giant creature standing before her. She doubted it would understand her in this form but it was worth a try. She was not going to transform back now that her clothes had dropped to the floor. Shame that her clothes never changed with her, if she had to bolt she would have to leave them behind.

'Greetings large stranger,' she stated, 'you have a magnificent horse.'

Anonymous

Linus watched as the woman who had just not two seconds ago been stroking his mare, feel to the ground in the form of a wolf. Oh great... The mare snorted in boredom, as animal oddities weren't anything new to her, so she went back to munching on her hay.

Golden fur sprouted all over his body like wildfire and flat human face took the shape of a lion's snout. He dropped to all fours as knees crunched and legs shrank. There was a slight pain and the transformation was complete. No here was an odd pair..a wolf and a lion staring at eachother.. oh and don't forget the uncaring horse..

Greetings to yourself stranger..and thank you. Her name is Leera. May I ask yours? He growled in response, but in this form everything he spoke was a growl. Tail twitched anxiously, but claws were sheathed so he wasn't in the mood to fight.

Anonymous

Phew, the creature did not want a fight, or at least that's what his odour said.

'You may, I am called Serigala. You speak the Universal Language, I did not know many spoke this way. I can only speak it as a wolf.'

She went up to the lion cautiously and sniffed at his face. She was a lot smeller than him and had to strain herself to reach his face. He smelt like trouble, whether it followed him or he induced it was uncertain. He smelt good though, no trace of alcohol or wanton cruelty.

'May you turn around so that I can change back?' She did not want to be seen naked in front of a man she just met.[/i]

Anonymous

Phew, the creature did not want a fight, or at least that's what his odour said.

'You may, I am called Serigala. You speak the Universal Language, I did not know many spoke this way. I can only speak it as a wolf.'

She went up to the lion cautiously and sniffed at his face. She was a lot smeller than him and had to strain herself to reach his face. He smelt like trouble, whether it followed him or he induced it was uncertain. He smelt good though, no trace of alcohol or wanton cruelty.

'May you turn around so that I can change back?' She did not want to be seen naked in front of a man she just met.

Anonymous

He stood perfectly still as she came and sniffed at his face. Large paws shuffled the ground and whiskers twitched. My name is Linus. He spoke back to the woman.

When he was told to turn around he did so without protest. He was glad his clothes changed with him, or he would be short a few outfits. He quickly took human form again and pondered her name. Serigala..that's an odd name. What is it derived from? He spoke coolly, as if their little mishap with the changing hadn't taken place at all. Shaggy blonde hair matched that of his long mane, and human canines still remained needle sharp. Some things change with you..

Anonymous

[OOC: Her name means "wolf" in Indonesian]

'It is an old name, I'm not sure what it means.'

Serigala quickly pulled her clothes on and tied her ginger and belt around her waist. She turned around to see the man she had walked into earlier. He looked bigger now that he was on the ground. She had to admit, he was quite appealing as a man too, though very odd.

'The sun is setting. Were you riding out tonight or would you like to come inside? I can make a tissane [cup of tea] for you,' she offered, 'what manner of creature are you?'

Anonymous

He faced her and his lips spread into a toothy grin. She was beautiful, to say the least, and not like any other woman he had encountered along his way, that was for sure. He ran a hand through his shaggy hair and yawned. There was no way he was leaving tonight.

I'm staying another night, just catch up on rest..and that sounds nice. Sure. He replied in his deep husky human voice. He heard her other question and thought for a moment. Well.. He rolled up the sleeve on his left arm and showed her the black tattoo of a lion and the symbol of the Hiroko tattoed below that. I'm a Hiroko.. He spoke softly, as if not wanting anyone else to hear..if there was anyone else around..

Anonymous

She looked closely at the tattoo. She had no idea what the bottom symbol meant, perhaps another language. It was very well inked, the artist had captured the soul of the lion with amazing skill: it almost seemd alive.

She reached out to touch it but stopped half way. He may not like people touching it if he kept it hidden.

'I'm afraid my area of knowledge is herbalism, not races. I've never heard of a Hiroko.'

He was nice, though she wondered why he felt uncomfortable about saying what he was. As a shapeshifter, she had learnt that no one creature was any better than another. All creatures ended up as predators and prey at some point in their lives.

'Shall I meet you in the common area? I'll see you soon.'

She trodded off on light feet. Finally something good was happening in this smelly fishing city. When she made it to her room she tipped the contents of her bag onto the bed. A soothing tissane would be best, a sweet one too. She gathered up licourice, catnip, peppermint, chamomile and a few other soothing herbs and ground them into a pulp. She gathered a food bowl and a cup then headed downstairs to get hot water.

Anonymous

He looked down at her hand reaching out to touch him and shied away a bit. Like said before..he wasn't the most trusting person on Earth.. He rolled the sleeve back down and cleared his throat.

So she was a herbalist..interesting.. Well were not what you could call a race exactly..but that's another story for another time. This time he spoke clearly and in a normal tone.

He watched her walk off and turned back toward his mare.

Well that was interesting.. He gave a slight chuckle and patted her neck. The mare snorted in agreement. Linus topped off her water before heading back to the inn house. He walked up to his room and rummaged through his pack for the new loaf of bread he had just bought, and then walked down to the common room.

He looked at the empty fireplace and frowned. He saw a pile of wood and a box of matches next to it and nodded his thanks to the inn keeper, who was probably fast asleep in a cozy down bed, snuggled next to his wife. Linus lit a fire and sat in a chair facing the fire.

He watched the fire dance and throw shadows on the wall, and he remembered how cozy it was to have a roof over his head.

Anonymous

Serigala found a barrel of fresh water and a ewer. After filling the ewer she splashed the day's grime off her face then wiped it with her sleeve.

'Oh good, the fire is lit,' she said as she entered the common room, 'how do you like yor tissane?'

She found a pot and filled it with a ewer of water then sat on the floor. The room was fairly cool, which meant the fire had just been lit and the water would take a while to boil. Oh well, she had nowheer to be in the morning so didn't need to rise early.

'Large Stranger, you have still not told me your name. Tell me about yourself.'

She stretched her legs and wiggled her toes, happy to have taken her shoes off. She had rarely worn shoes before her treck and had yet to break the new ones in. Alas, one had to wear shoes around humans.

Anonymous

ooc - He told her his name back when he asked where her name was derived from..lol

Linus quickly looked away from the fire when he heard Serigala come in. How did he like his tissane? Well that was a peculiar question..to him atleast, since he had never drunk tissane. Uh..however you take yours is fine.. He stated calmly. He sat down next to her and stoked the fire.

No one had ever asked about him before..so what was ho to tell her? There was no point in lying so the truth would have to do. ]My name is Linus..and well there isn't much to tell about me. I'm an lion shifter, the power given to me after birth. I'm traveling to Yoreiq in search of a lost relative. He stopped and stared into the fire again. Jaw clenched. He was going to find that hellish man and bring him to justice.

He brought his gaze back to Serigala and smiled. So tell me about yourself..

Anonymous

[OOC: oops, my bad *sheepish grin*. Is the bold area speaking, telepathy or speaking like Death out of Discworld?]

The poor guy was getting really upset about something. Perhaps she should not ask about his past again. She wondered what had happened to him.

'I like mine sweet so I brought down some sugar. I come from a small Lordling south of Arca where I work as a doctor. I have a large family there but most live in the village rather than the manor with me.'

She curled her feet back under her and grinned. He was going to the Isles, that's great. Hopefully they could travel together.

'I'm going to Yoreiq too. I'm going to gather Spritefires for my coming-of-age rite. Would you be interested in joining me?'

The water had now boiled so she shook the little bag of spices and some sugar into the water and stirred the pot with the opposite end of the poker. She wished she had thought to bring a spoon down. The tissane did not take long to brew so she carefully poured some into the cup and bowl. The delicious scent made her mind lift and she breathed in deeply. She wondered if the catnip would affect him as it did her.

'Here try this, it's hot so be careful.'