Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Concrete Angel (OPEN)

Started by Anonymous, February 23, 2008, 01:28:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

'There is a small creek about half an hour from the southern gate, where I came in. It is still early in the afternoon so we should make it there and back in time to book a room at my inn.'

Serigala looked down at the small girl, 'can you walk far? I can horsey-back you if you are too tired. We can all get to know one another while we walk.'

She looked at the shaddows made by the group and judged that south was the way she had come from. It would take them past the main markets (which were always annoying to negotiate) going that way but the other way would be longer. Either way it would take the same amount of time.

'Shall we go through the markets or around them?'

Anonymous

Tithe considered the markets for a few moments while she waved her fan in front of her face. She had planned to head through them anyway. She wondered if they could wander through the markets visibly, she looked once again at the other people there and shook her head a little. It was obvious they might not hide very well, and since what they were doing was considered kidnapping it may be better to go around the markets.

"It's either we go through the markets or hide her somehow." It would be easy for Tithe to hide her, but she was still thinking better of revealing completely what she was still.

Anonymous

'I think we should hide her, she has too much mud on her to be descrete.'

It was a shame she had lost her spare clothes a while back, even a spare shirt could be taken for a dress.

'Let's set off then.'

Anonymous

Inumisha said" Wait!I have something." Inumisha reached into her pack an pulled out a shirt. "I always carry around extra clothes."

Anonymous

((Sorry for the slowbeeness, should be more regular now.))

Tithe gave a small smile to the one that pulled the shirt from her bag and she took it from her carefully kneeling in front of the girl again. Her eyes were huge and lost as these three people decided her future.

"Hon, change into this we're gonna go on a little trip." The girl looked nervous, but nodded.

"Yes ma'm." She watched Rozalina walk back in the house and frowned a little. The poor thing was terrified, it was best that they went around the markets, she'd go back later on her own.

"I agree, best to go round."

Anonymous

Serigala waited for the Lady to put the shirt on the little girl then skipped ahead. They would have to hurry if they were to bathe the girl before sundown. She fancied a splash in the water too.

'Come on slowpokes, I'll race you.'

It was exciting and she was happy to have an excuse to get out of the city.

'So where do you people come from?'

Anonymous

Tithe's orange eyes watched the house not moving from it as soon as the girl went in. The Kitsune felt so on edge and she wasn't sure why. Was it the people? She wasn't quite sure. She almost wished she hadn't stopped to help the girl in the first place. She felt a revulsion at herself in her stomach at the thought. She sighed.

"I'm from a little of everywhere." Keeping it vague that's best for now. She kept her eyes on the house. It was taking the girl a little while. She narrowed her eyes. This girl was what had her on edge but she couldn't understand why there was no real purpose of her being so worried.

Though she told herself this she felt her feet moving towards the house anyway. Better to  check then wait for her bones to turn up.

Anonymous

'Why is everybody so edgy?' Serigala asked. 'I'll make some herbal tea when we get out if you all like.'

Anonymous

Tithe looked back for a moment her eyes wide and her mouth had a twitch in the corner. Did she say tea? The twitch broke into a smile. She had hit Tithe's sweet spot, something that would make her melt into a happy pretty amiable person. And herbal tea at that! Tithe just smiled at Serigala.

"That sounds...wonderful." She turned back around feeling much better about this whole ordeal than she had just seconds ago. Heading up towards the house she was smiling but it slowly dissolved as she got closer to the house. She could almost taste the pain coming off of the house in waves. Like walls could talk. She walked onto the porch her feet moving slowly and she reached up touching the rail her mind flashing with the millions of times that excuse for a person had walked up these stairs stumbling.

She returned her walk to a faster gait and pushed open the door trying to ignore the smell, the memories, the push of just the feeling. She turned and saw Rozey on the couch. Her heart melted seeing the girl. she was curled up snoring quietly and looking so peaceful. She leaned down and picked her up into her arms. She was so light and tiny for her age. Tithe couldn't believe a person could survive like this. She must have been wishing better times would come.

Anonymous

Serigala pulled a confused face before following the others back into the house. The little girl must not want to leave after all. Before entering she pulled a small knife from her belt and unwrapped her wrist. She slit it and allowed the blood to fall to the earth and sent a silent prayer to Sangui. She re-wrapped her wrist and went inside.

The house was incrediby dingy and the stairs looked very worse for ware. There was no fire next to the fire place and only one bed. She did not like the look of the bed eaither, she had already had fleas once since leaving home and did not want them a second time. She kicked the bed until the frame snapped. She would need firewood if the others wanted tea.

Anonymous

Tithe turned her eyes flashing at the noise in the house till she realized it was Serigala. She shook her head with a concerned look as the frame snapped loudly. She looked at the girl in her arms first to check for fluttering lashes then looked at the man but she could still hear him snoring quietly. She let out a low hiss though. They should move quickly.

She held the girl closer as she stirred in her arms and was whispering into her ear. Barely mouthing the words so quiet. An old language that sounded lilting and soft. The girl seemed to drift farther off to sleep as the words hit her ears. Tithe pulled her even closer as she stepped around broken pieces of the frame and past Serigala.

"We should leave. He won't stay asleep forever." She could always just put him back to sleep but the truth was that she couldn't stand to be in this house anymore. The feeling of melancholy was choking her throat like smoke, and it only grew the longer she stood in this dump they had been living in.

Anonymous

'Then why did we come back here in the first place. Can you please make up your mind?'

She stopped breaking up the bed and crossed her arms. Waiting for the others to decide what they wanted to do.

Anonymous

Tithe looked at Serigala apologetically.

"Sorry, just a little nervous here. I don't know this area well." She tried to put on a smile but was still starting to feel nervous. What if this man would come after her. Tithe didn't want this to escalate to a violent level. She never wanted that. It was much better to use illusion and lies to weave stories than a fist to the face. It was way more satisfying in the end anyway, like a job well done.

"The wood is a good idea, just in case." She tried to keep her temper and nervousness in check. She walked out of the house into the colder air and smiled at the moon hanging in the sky with the stars around it. She tucked the girl closer then called back into the house.

"Do you know your way around? I'll be at such a loss here." She looked down at the girl who was holding onto the front of Tithe's clothes and the Kitsune smiled down at her behind her human face. She sure was adorable when she was sleeping...despite all the problems.

Anonymous

Serigala didn't really like the idea of sleeping under a tree again but at least it was better than the fleas she'd get here. 'That sounds like a plan to me. Now can we please hurry. The gates will be shut before we get out and cold water is no good for bathing in,' said Serigala, 'we go south. If we follow the main throng we'll get to the gate well before nightfall... Unless you'de prefer to take a back way?'

She scooped her pack up, picked up some wood and followed the others out the door. You never know when the odd bit of wood would be needed.