Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

When stupidity backfires ...

Started by Anonymous, April 11, 2008, 11:56:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

The cell was empty but for a stone bench. There was no window. There was no light. There was no food. There was just a stone bench, and the steel bars that gave view to a long corridor, the walls interrupted every some metres by another ‘door’ of steel bars. The hallway was filled with voices. Voices of sadness, anger and hopelessness. Screams of despair. Every once in a while, a creature, obviously of some stature here, came in with a whip and a servant who carried a large bowl of boiling oil. The prisoners who wouldn’t quiet themselves, were silenced either by the whip, or by the threat of boiling oil poured over their bodies. The threat was usually enough.

In this corridor, where the shadows of despair and fear feasted on the souls of men, there was one woman. A stubborn woman, who refused to surrender. Surrender to her feelings. No, she put them as far away as possible. She did not want to become part of the cells, like the prisoners around her had. No. Not she. Not here. Not anywhere. Rafaella’s mind was concerned with only one thing. Zorro.

She had been stupid. So awfully stupid. Never in her life had Rafaella been so reckless. She had been in a state of euphoria. She had been given an assignment. There had been a mercenary’s trio. They worked together flawlessly, and every killing they planned succeeded. They had one standard target. And the prey was getting tired. It was a secret society, that wished to restore peace and light in places of darkness. The society had been trying to get a grip on the civilians of the country, but they succeeded only for a very, almost too small part. It was hardly worth the trouble. And the mercenary’s trio had been working very hard to destroy the society. They pleaded anarchy and death. The society had decided to meet them with equal force.

Rafaella had to admit she was not equal to the trio. But she had help. The society had heard of her, offering her services to anyone that paid well. So, they contacted her. Money was something they had more than anyone. No one knew where they got it from, though. The society hired Rafaella and an exceptionally strong werewolf. Horrorion, was his name. Very suitable. Together, the werewolf and Rafaella had erased the members of the mercenary trio off the face of the earth, one by one. The trick was to catch them alone and off guard. And miraculously, they had succeeded.

The werewolf and the girl were honored with gold beyond imagining. Rafaella would not have to worry about money for an entire year, even if she went living in a hotel, eating three course meals every morning, midday and evening. Only moments afer their succession, the society had given Rafaella another job. Take out the Royal Family of Connlaoth and we will erase the rest of your worries concerning material matters for the rest of your life. Rafaella had gladly accepted. She had to penetrate the fortress of the Royals without being seen. In her euphoria, she had been careless. And caught. Which resulted to a separation of herself and Zorro and to her own imprisonment in the dungeons.

And now, her stupidity backfired. Zorro was taken away from her. Only the gods would know what these monsters did to him. Rafaella swore to herself never to make such an ignorant and idiotic mistake again if she came out here alive. Stupidity. Idiocrisy. Recklessness. They were preachers of anarchy, misfortune and finally, death. Never again would Rafaella give in to them. Never. But right now, she was hungry. She hoped that someone, anyone, would bring her something to eat.

Anonymous

Fear. Despair. Hopelessness. Resentment. Anger. Delicious. Palpable in the air. It felt like it could taste it with every movement of it's tentacles, as it darted through the shadows, examining each cell. It searched for the unwary, the sleeping, the dying. It had made a habit of feeding on the life of the weak, the essence of the helpless, and there was plenty of both to be found here. The sores from it's feasting were often attributed to the former denizens of the dungeon, which by now were just a memory- lifeless husks of fur and bone. They had only satisfied it for A time, for they were not strong enough to provide food... their essences were so small, barely worth hunting down.  
                                                                                                                Now though, it, and it alone, was the beast in the shadows, finding nourishment from other's pain. It was sentient-to an extent- it's true intelligence not active, bestial behaviors  controlling it's actions for the time being. It's appearance was akin to a spider in shape, however, the difference was that it was larger then a spider-the size of a common dog-and it was covered in overlapping armor plates, as black as obsidian. It's eyes glowed an eerie blue, looking like a piece of the ocean trapped in glass, the color constantly swirling about. Ten legs sprouted outwards from it's center, two of which, located just below it's eyes, appeared more like fangs then actual legs, for it kept then retracted unless feeding or defending itself. Each leg was segmented, able to extend to a surprising length if need be, though it preferred to travel with the legs scrunched up,  providing a smaller profile and able to sneak into into smaller spaces. This was not the only interesting fact about it's legs however, not in the least. Each leg ended in a unbearably sharp point, able to slice through many surfaces with ease. At each tip was an opening,  able to expand and retract at will, also able to exert high amounts of suction, perfect for draining fluids... or an essence. They could also taste, these tentacles-for this seemed more apt a term then mere "legs"-And it had found that out of all things, humanoids tasted best.
                                                                                                                     Even though it had been targeting the weak, the stronger always tasted better, sustained it longer... so it began to hunt larger and stronger prey. Not always the strong in body, for the real food was in the essence, the will of the victims. Since it had began to hunt here, it had grown increasingly dissatisfied with the menu. At first it had been glad, overjoyed even... for as long as it did not completely drain anyone, leaving them a ragged pile of skin and bones, it could eat almost infinitely here, without the problems of hunters and investigators that were encountered after  feeding on the peoples elsewhere. But now, it began to grow, and it needed something better then these pitiful specimens, it needed something stronger, whom it was possible to suck dry, gaining all the nutrition it could... there was a change coming in it, and it knew that if it did not build up the reserves to see the change through, it would perish, after living so long... after waiting until it was right to resurface-now it's   sleeping intellect stirred-prodded by the musing of the crude bestial mind. It would -not- lose now, it would grow, and become strong again... and wreak vengeance on those who had brought it so low... it would become what it once was...yesssss . Abruptly the intellect shut down, knowing that it would drain to much of the precious essence it had been collecting if it were to remain active to long.                                                                             Now, instead of searching for the unaware,  it switched it's target to someone, anyone, who was unusually strong, resolved... oh so tasty. And after much scuttling between the sordid cells of the dungeon, it found what it was looking for. A female essence, burning bright compared to the others here, defiant, stubborn... so alive. So inviting.... it could -almost- taste already... the emotions swirling around her, so powerful, almost paralyzing in their delectable traces... it could not pass this by. It crept, slowly forward, attempting to enter the cell quietly. It had almost accomplished this when one of it's searching tentacles bumped into a lose stone, which was then sent clattering across the floor. It hissed urgently, sensing it's error, and froze, dimming it's eyes, willing it's dark frame to blend with the floor until suspicion passed. It watched warily, and waited to see the response of the prey... it was not going to run now, not after that tantalizing taste...

(( OOc: Erm... first rp post, one of my first forum posts to boot... I hope I didn't break any rules or anything  :shock:  If I did I apologize, just let me know and I won't do it again. I hope the post is ok... length and quality and such. Anyway, I don't actually plan on it eating you, I was thinking more of a partnership thing possibly, wherever you want to take it. Sorry the ooc is so long xD I had a lot to say. Enjoy ^_^ I hope lol ))

Anonymous

Rafaella was still sitting down with an annoyed look on her face when she heard a noise behind her. A stone. She looked back momentarily, only really to confirm that it was indeed a stone and perhaps for the diversion of the surroundings, but when she turned back something else slowly took control over her mind. It had not just been the stone she had seen. It was not that sound she heard. For a moment, Rafaella let the realization take her over. Then, in one fluid movement, she jumped to her feet, turned on the spot and stumbled backwards. If Rafaella had believed in a god, this would have made a good time to start calling him.

The enormous, spider-like creature was unlike anything Rafaella had ever seen. The thing that actually scared her was its size. Impossible. It was halfway of slipping in her cell, and now remained where it was without a single movement. Like a statue. Or perhaps more like death. Rafaella sure would have hoped it were dead if it hadn't been for the fact that he had already made his way halfway in her cell, if she wouldn't have known it would be in vain to believe so. The presence of the beast made Rafaella's skin tingle. Quickly, she reached for the dagger that the guards of the dungeons had missed when searching her. It was conceived in the side of her boot, a very thin but strong piece of steel with a deadly sharpened poing. (Sorry, I meant point xD I just liked poing better, it sounds sweet and huggable xD 'A very thin but strong piece of steel with a deadly sharpened poing'. *imagines a pink fluffy ball*. Uche. Sorry.)
If Rafaella was going to have to defend herself, she would rather have some kind of weapon.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Notes No, I think it was quite good! Length is not a problem for me, I don't care if it's short or long, as long as it's readable and quality is good. Yours was kind of long, but good. Anyway, that's my opinion. Nice you joined me! I don't mind the partnership kind of thing, but can your character talk? xD
Btw; you said you created a character profile. Where the peep did you leave it? xD I honestly can't find it...

Anonymous

At first, it seemed as though the female took no notice of it's entry, seeming to glance unconcernedly backwards for just a moment. But then, it observed her swift change in position, followed by the acquisition of the weapon. Its eyes swirled momentarily, examining closely the file held in her hand. Upon such scrutiny, it decided that she could do no irreparable harm with it, so it's fears lessened somewhat. There was still the problem of her calling the guards if it attacked her right away however, so it decided to try something different. It began to creep forward carefully, trying to be as nonthreatening as possible for a creature of it's appearance. When it judged it was close enough, it slowly extended one of it's front tentacles towards her leg, basking in the scents that were being picked up on the way. When it had extended fully, it brushed her leg gently with the side of the tentacle, attempting to seem friendly, but shuddering as it held back the extreme urge to bury all of it's appendages into her and finally feed on all of these turbulent emotions. It's eyes swirled chaotically as it fought to remain in control of it's instincts. Sensing the conflict, the slumbering intelligence took control, quickly drawing back in case the female decided to strike. Sensing the need to befriend, at least temporarily, the intelligence exerted a great amount of it's stored energy, quickly plucking the voice off of one of her fond memories and whispering in her mind: friend. It abruptly shut down, leaving the bestial intelligence to monitor the female, suspicious of her next move.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(( OOc: Sorry If I did to much without giving you a turn, if so let me know and I'll do less xD Did I take to much liberty with the voice thing?  I thought you might have some fun with that >.> oh and my pleasure to join ^_^ thanks for having me. Did I say character profile? =o I meant that I joined one, I haven't put the profile up yet because I want this one to be kinda mysterious, if you want me to though I will, no problem )))

Anonymous

When the beast touched her leg, Rafaella threateningly pointed the dagger towards it, her heart pounding. She dared breathing again when it retreated, but that too came to a momentary halt when she heard a familiar voice in her mind. Friend. Friend friend friend friend, it echoed in her head. Enkar, she knew. Rafaella stared at the beast. What did just happen? She could not believer her - err - mind. She could not make sense of the situation anymore. But if she understood correctly, she could make out that the spidery thing wanted to be friends with her. Perhaps it was the voice and it's familiarity itself that convinced Rafaella. Perhaps it was only the word, and perhaps it was the fact that a voice actually spoke in her mind, but truth was that the moment that thought crossed her mind, Rafaella instinctively lowered the dagger.

Her gaze, however, was still fixed upon the beast's eyes. Those were perhaps the most scary thing of the entire creature, so bright and blue and piercing, like they could penetrate your mind and you entire guard built up to protect your history and memories. Rafaella shivered unwillingly. She did not know if it had any sense but quietly she spoke: 'Can you help me out?' and hoped the beast would respond in one way or another. She still feared the creature in some way, but did not want to give in to that feeling. She drove it away with all her force, to leave only defiance and a strong will. Yes, Rafaella wanted out of here. But most of all, she wanted Zorro. Perhaps this - thing - was not as evil as it looked, and could help her find a way out of the cell.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Notes You didn't do too much, don't worry. And I'm one of those persons who'd rather have surprises the next time she comes online than to really already know what to expect. It's good, just keep going like this ^^
And you don't need to set up a charIntro, personally I like it this way, and I think you should just do what you intended to do.
Can I give you one small piece of advice, though? I think it would be handy to leave some blank lines in your post in some places. Makes it easier to read. But it's not necessary, of course ^^
Ps Sorry my post is kind of short ... :$ I'll make it longer and better next time, this one is kind of crappy I think but I hadn't much time but wanted to reply anyway. Sorry!

Anonymous

It was surprised-to say the least-that there was no extreme reaction. Usually they always did something. Fight, flee, scream, beg. Perhaps the voice had worked better then hoped. Then it heard her say, as she continued her unwavering stare at its eyes: "Can you help me out?" It shifted, eyes dimming uncertainly. Prey did not usually ask assistance. It -usually- seeks escape. It considered this briefly. The dungeons were no mystery to the bestial mind, and it could probably find a passage or cave that she could fit through. But then, why would it want to do that? It came here to eat her, not to save her. Then again... if she were lead away,  far from guards ears or possible witnesses... no-one would hear her scream. Also, they would probably figure that she had escaped, gotten lost, and perished on her own. Much less suspicion then a rotting pile of dry skin draped on bone. This idea very much pleased the bestial mind, not used to such extensive trains of thought. It was proud of itself for its accomplishment. But was it worth the essence spent for essence gained? Perhaps it would be better to feast now, and then leave, in search of a hunting ground with more quality. Now the bestial mind began to hurt; to many possibility's, added to the emotions as a constant reminder of food so close by, were beginning to erode it's strict self control. It should just eat her now, before it was driven insane with all this plotting and waiting!

Just as it decided on its grisly course of action, another essence drew near. A -very- powerful essence. Enough that this one became secondary in comparison. The intelligence, driven awake by it's own ravenous hunger and the knowledge that this could be more then just another feeding, swiftly searched to find the voice which would be the most persuasive to the female. It flew through her memories desperately as the essence, burning brightly, drew ever nearer. Finally settling on one that she seemed to put great trust in, it urgently mindspoke to her as it skittered up the wall onto the roof.Yes. I can help you. If you help me get him into the cell. You will know who. Quickly! He is coming, prepare yourself. As the sound of footsteps drew dangerously close, it firmly dug several tentacles into the roof, dimming it's eyes to almost nothing. A group approached, The man with two lesser essences, probably Guards. Once they reached the cell, the guards left, leaving the man alone in front of the cell. With its eyes dimmed, it couldn't make out what he looked like.... he seemed to be waiting for something. It dared not even breath for the moment, it just waited, patiently, for one of the two to make a move. Something would happen, that was certain. And it would wait until the time was right... then it would -finally- get to eat......

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 ((OOc: lol... surprise! xD I don't know about the quality of this one, and it just seems short to me =/ Yours was fine though, I understand, don't worry about it ^_^ I tried to take your advice, and I intended to do that last time... I guess I forgot. looking forward to your next post, I'm enjoying myself, I hope you are too ^,...,^ Constructive criticism is always welcome, I'm eager to improve.))

Anonymous

Rafaella felt like she were dreaming. For a moment, a flashback played itself in her mind, and for that instant she relived her happy moments with the man to whom belonged the voice that spoke in her head. As the true message of the creature became clearer, Rafaella tore herself away from the images. What? Lure a man into my cell? Who? Why? In normal circumstances Rafaella would not have given in to any kind of voices in her mind, but the circumstances weren't normal and this wasn't any kind of voice. Perhaps these things were the cause of Rafaella getting milder on the creature, following his directions.

So, she took a deep breath when she heard multiple footsteps getting closer, walking in the direction of her cell. Then the realisation hit. Rafaella was still holding the dagger in her hand. Holy crap! Quickly, she tried sliding the thin metal in the small gap that gave way to an empty space in the side of her boot, but the darkness of the cell made it hard to find the opening. Shit. The men were already in front of her cell, and Rafaella was still trying frantically to push the dagger in her boot. When she finally succeeded, only one man remained at her cell, looking at her suspiciously as she straightened her body again. It was a tall man, at leas a feet taller than Rafaella, broadly built and with thick brown hair, streaked gray at the temples. With his sharp gaze and his straight features Rafaella estimated him around 40, if he were a man. He looked like a normal man.

'I hear you're new here,' the man spoke with a deep voice. Rafaella answered nothing.

'Trying to get round to the Matron's privet chambers, did you? Now tell me, what were you looking for? What were you planning?' Again, Rafaella remained silent. She could see she was already starting to frustrate him with her silence. Then she thought of something. This was a man, and men were easily corrupted. Rafaella also thought of the fact that she was a woman. So, she put on her most innocent but at the same time temperamentful face and went towards the door, stopping at perhaps two feet away and lying her hand on one of the bars. Then she looked up at him with her big brown eyes, taking one more step towards the cell door. Seeing she had temporarily tongue-tied the man, she stuck her hand out of the cell and ran a finger down his chest, taking care to apply little pressure. She saw his hand going up to hers, and at that moment she retrieved it. Quickly, Rafaella drew away to the back of the cell, turning away from him. For a few seconds, everything was quiet. Then Rafaella heard the familiar click of a lock opening and the sound of iron on iron, making a shiver running up her spine. The man came towards her after he'd closed the cell without locking it, and Rafaella felt two hands on her shoulders.

She closed her eyes and begged for the creature up the ceiling to take some action, any action at all. Rafaella could barely restrain charging the man, and it'd better be quick or she'd kill him right on the spot.

Notes ^^ Quality good, length good... no connotations! I don't want to sound like some kind of teacher, though... but I think you're doing good! Perhaps better than me, because I'm not originally english-speaking and I don't quite know all the words you do. I like the words you use and the way you build up your sentences.
And I'm enjoying myself too! I like not knowing anything about your character, it's something different for a change. What I've tried to do myself once is telling the beginning and the ending of a story, but leaving the middle for others to fill up. That was fun!

PS I guess this one is kinda long.. hope you don't mind and hope it's not terribly boring xD

Anonymous

Listening silently to the man's inquiry, the intelligence subtly probed his mind, searching for any information it considered useful. Much information that was sought after by human minds was quickly passed over. Instead, it searched for knowledge of the surrounding territory, memorizing everything with a rapid efficiency. As it sensed the man's attention center fixedly on the female, it brightened it's eyesight, taking in the features of the being that stood outside the cell. After a brief inspection, it decided the he would do nicely, although his body was slightly worn from age, so it could not provide what it ultimately needed. however, it -could- provide quality sustenance over a good length of time if used correctly.

It stealthily observed the females short but effective seduction, and the man's subsequent entrance to the cell. analyzing both of their thought processes, it determined that one was dominated by debased urges, the other preparing to strike.Deciding that speedy action was a necessity for an optimal outcome, it opened up all of it's energy reserves, causing a pale blue aura to build up around it's chitinous armor. Using the newly unleashed  energy, the intelligence cast a binding rune over the man's lips, simultaneously slamming his consciousness with a wave of psychic energy.

The man keeled over, holding his head in agony. Without hesitation, the beast propelled itself off of the roof, landing with a thud onto the man's back. Once their, it drove it's front and rear-most tentacles into the mans back, dimly aware of the waves of pain washing out from his mind. Once inside, it delicately wrapped two tentacles around the man's brain, with the other two cradling his heart. After making sure both were secure, it connected with his brain via gently tapping into the brain with it's tentacles. Coming into contact with the man's fading consciousness, the intelligence greeted him cordially;Hello, and thank you for your body. I'll be taking it now. overwhelming fear surged up in the mans failing mind, and he asked it in a feeble whisper:Who-What are you? The intelligence cackled.I am the new you. Goodbye now. With that, it snuffed out any trace of the man who once held the body it now controlled. After a moment of consolidating it's control over the newly acquired body, it rose, wrapping the six free tentacles over it's chest to act as protection for the vital parts of this human casing. Soon after the whites of it's new eyes filled up with the same blue substance as it's true ones, another visible sign of the bodies possession. Sensing the bodies growing need for oxygen, it breathed deeply, letting out the breath in a sigh of satisfaction. It's good to wear one of these again. It thought to itself in grim satisfaction. Just now remembering the woman who was probably now staring in horror, it spun, coming face to face with her.

It grinned impishly, utilizing it's newly gained vocal faculties to greet her properly."Hello," it said, its voice now flavored with both the original voice of the body, and the slight rasping quality of the creatures true voice "and who, may I ask, do I owe my new form to, hmm? I'm sure you have questions, please-feel free to ask them. The guards won't be back for some time." It stood, arms crossed, patiently waiting for the womans response.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
((OOc: First of all, sorry for the late response. I was busy yesterday, so I didn't get to post when I wanted too, I didn't feel that the time I had was enough to do it right. The length is good I think. the quality, eh... I might have been a little to bland x_X I tried to be creative and not boring. Yours was a fine length and not boring at all by the way, and I don't mind you sounding like a teacher  if you have something to say that could help me improve ^_^ Hope you enjoy the post ;p Can't wait for your response.  ))

Anonymous

Rafaella had been watching the spectacle in absolute horror. When the man behind her had collapsed, she had quickly made her way to the other side of the cell, watching the creature's actions. It was the most scary thing, apart from her sister's suicide, she'd ever beheld. Terror gripped her body as she pressed herself against the wall, her eyes wide in fear.

When the creature had fully taken the man's body, whom Rafaella suspected to be dead, he raised him... it... self? and grinned maliciously at her. Questions ... ? The man's ... or were they the creature's? words did not quite reach her ears. Or perhaps they did, but her mind was too paralyzed to absorb it. She just stared at the unnaturally blue eyes and the self-satisfied grin on his face.

Her hands were cold. Cold, from the icy sweat that had collected in there. She feared this creature more than anything in the world. Her tongue was tied. Tied, from the scene she had just witnessed. Her lungs were about to explode. Exploding, because of the breath she'd held in for some time already. It was the horror that gripped her body. The fear. The guilt. This man had not been friendly on her, but he had not deserved what Rafaella had just made possible.

This couldn't be. Rafaella knew there were some strange creatures in this world, but she'd never encountered anything as scary as this one. It even beat vampires. She realized she had to get out of here before the thing was going to do the same to her. What if it got annoyed or enough of the current body it was using, and decided to take over hers? Rafaella couldn't think anymore, but a feeling spreaded that warned her to move. Move, right now! Run! Get away! And at that moment her limbs finally obeyed Rafaella's mind again. She tore herself away from the wall she was pressed against and made her way to the cell door as quickly as she could.

[Whoa, I loved your post! Don't worry about replying a bit later, it happens ^^
I'm glad you liked my post... hope this one's okay too. I hadn't much time replying, but I really wanted to do it now, because tomorrow I have to work too and do my homework and everything... very busy at the moment >.< I'm gonna try and make some time tomorrow to come online too, so then I'll see if you've replied already. I have the feeling this one's kind of crappy <.< Sorry if it is!
And err, I'm glad you didn't mind Rafaella hitting Cain in the Sanctuary xD]

Anonymous

Why do they always think I'm going to eat them after I just get a new body? It thought to itself in exasperation. As she ran wildly towards the cell, It almost lazily shot out a tentacle that wrapped around the cell door, preventing it from opening properly. It could sense her insane fear, he desire to put as much distance between the two of them as possible. It could also sense that there were enough guards around to stop her, permanently. While ultimately it had the same goal in mind for her, there was much more... nutrition in store in the future -it- planned. Which also involved getting her out of here alive, without bringing an army down on their heads. That could be difficult if it couldn't hold back it's appetite. Remembering that She was still terrified, and still trying to get out, it leaned against the wall slowly, reaching out to her mind.Ugh, such a mess. Lets clamp down on that panic, and lessen that fright... yes thats better. Maybe she'll listen now.

"Ready to talk? Remember, I told you that I'd help you out if you helped me. And by the number of minds that aren't hopeless or completely crazy I can sense, I would guess there are a lot of guards. Guards that would kill you in a heartbeat. So, if you really want to get out of here so badly, you -need- me. What do you say... partner?" It grinned maliciously as it finished the sentence. The body was fitting well now, It was like clothes that, while stiff at first, gradually changes to fit your body, becoming quite comfortable. And this body was some -very- nice clothing. The intelligence was provided with more then enough energy to utilize most of it's powers if need arose, and if the body was feed properly, could continue to do so for some time... However, what was more important now was to once again gain this womans trust. It would really be a waste to have to eat her now...

---------------------------------------------------
((OOc: Yikes! I forgot to add ooc and to proof read X_X I was tired... my bad... Anyway... I can tell that it was kinda hasty, but I understand, your post was still good ^_^ Hope mine is too O.O I forgot to read through it... and it's short >.< Sorry, I couldn't think of much to add without taking away quality. Hope you enjoy =) I'll be patient for your next post, take you time and dw about replying fast mmk? ))

Anonymous

Before Rafaella was able to pull open the cell door, a tentacle-thingy had already shot out at the door and made it impossible for her to escape. With frightened eyes, she turned around and faced the 'man'. 'Let me out!' she yelled at him. But at the same moment she calmed down, one way or another. Which immediately gave her the not very calming thought that this creature could manipulate minds, including hers. Dammit.

But the human form started talking again. It was true that he'd promised Rafaella he'd get her out of here if she helped him. Which she had. But she did not agree on the 'guards that'd kill her in a heartbeat'-part. She was not to be killed in a heartbeat, and she knew that very well herself. Yet she was not about to argue. Instead she felt a familiar heat spreading through her body. Anger. This thing had not just lured her in helping to bring a man the most horrifying death possible by seducing him, but had used her shamelessly and was now calling her 'partner'.

Rafaella knew this beast would be in control, there would be no such thing as partnership. Only the gods knew what would happen after he'd gotten her out of the jail, if he actually kept his promise at all. Partners? What a dream. Rafaella spat on the ground in front of his feet. 'You are not my partner. Just get me out of here and then leave me alone.'

Angrily, she stared into the bright blue eyes. She'd driven away the remaining fear from her body. Even now she refused to be a subject. Even now she refused to give in, and especially now she stood up to the creature that threatened to submit her to his will. No matter how many voices spoke in her head, Rafaella Dirado would stay independant.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Notes! ^^ I could get away early at work today, so I have some time to reply. I'm not sure if this one's very good, but that's just because I couldn't think of much to reply... I mean, your charry is kind of in control, so there's not much I can do really xD
And yours was good, don't worry. But I need some clarification. Is your creature in the man now? Does he still have tentacles?

Anonymous

It sighed quietly as her emotions spiked in anger and distrust.I never have been skilled with humans. Usually it's better just to eat them and be done with it. It couldn't just leave her. For one, it would at the very least raise suspicion if she started ranting about an evil monster. Another reason was her essence. That was promising to be a very fulfilling meal. It hated passing up good dining. Until it found something to cover itself with, it would be conspicuously visible, which never ceased to cause problems-another reason having her as a traveling companion would be beneficial. How could it gain her help though? She obviously was disgusted, and she was to strong willed to be intimidated for long. There had to be something... perhaps another mind search? No, that would just make her more volatile. Obviously she was not foolish enough to listen to more voices, the shock of witnessing the possession destroyed any pliability that might have resided in her mind. Maybe I should just let her go. It's not as though it will be impossible to catch up. I know her mind now, she can never outdistance my touch. When the time comes that i need her essence... I shall just hunt her down. It would still be easier for her co-operation though...

It locked it's hands together, and spoke in an even tone to her. "Fine. You just want out, and I promised nothing more. But, once your out, what are you going to do? Your high profile after raiding a nobles fortress, it's not like their going to sit and twiddle their thumbs when they find out you and whoever this body belonged to are gone. You might find me a profitable companion to be around... you know I can influence minds. And your little pet, how are you going to find him again? Search the whole fortress and get caught again? Oh yes, that will work wonderfully. I -could- find him quickly, before they were all alert and looking for you. But then again, you don't want my help... so I guess I'll just get you out of here and we can part ways." He began to walk out of the cell, and then turned as if remembering something. "Its a shame, you know. He's not going to last much longer. Oh well... you don't seem to care about much else then yourself anyway, you certainly didn't care about this person..." It pointed at the body and shook it's head in mock sadness. "That is your choice I suppose. Let's get going before the guards come back." It started to walk down the corridor quietly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
((OOCc: Ahhhh!!! I forgot to ask if it was ok to mess with her head =O I'm sorry! I was so tired >.< I didn't mean for my char to take control =/ I hope you don't mind... and I hope I didn't overstep here either >.>. I'm just used to writing a story where all chars are mine xD So It doesn't matter what one does to the other. And it's kinda in the man... It's latched onto him through the back, four of it's tentacles are actually inside the man... six are still free to cause havoc xP It kinda looks like a backpack, only with four tentacles going into your back and six wrapped around your chest lol. Idk if that helps clarify at all... This isn't it's final form... final form is less confusing xD Again sorry for taking all the liberty without asking ._. It didn't occur to me. Btw I was thinking of adding another char [one that hunts this current one] So if you actually wanted to run away from him and meet up with the other one this char could go and do it's own thing for a little while, w/e you want to do. Hope you enjoy  the post ^_^ your was good too, as always ;p Ah.. almost forgot, if there is a problem with length or quality let me know! I don't take offense to someone trying to help me improve =)  ))

Anonymous

Rafaella stared as the human form walked away to the cell door. She was only momentarily surprised when he mentioned Zorro. Of course he knew about him. Stupid mind-reader. She had to admit he had a point there. The chances of finding Zorro, freeing him and getting out of this place again in a small amount of time and without getting lost, were extremely slim. But before she could do anything to stop him, he'd already turned around again. And then he said the words Rafaella had been fearing. He's not going to last much longer. Oh well... you don't seem to care about much else then yourself anyway, you certainly didn't care about this person...

That single line almost got her bursting into tears. She could not deny that he was right. She hadn't cared about the man. She simply cared for her own wellfare. And Zorro's. For the first time since Rafaella'd run away from her parents, she realised her behaviour had been self-centered and selfish. She only cared about her own happiness, not for others. Trying to keep her face unmoved, although knowing that it was kind of useless, Rafaella decided that it had to stop. She had to start seeing again. She had to see the damage she'd done to others. And now, when she looked at the body of the man she'd just killed, waves of regret overwhelmed her and a tear escaped her inner guard, sliding down her cheek. Rafaella wiped it away furiously and looked at the man's blue eyes.

'No, wait. I'll stick with you for the time being. Can you help me get out and find Zorro?'

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Notes Okay, let me get this straight for once and for all ;) I don't mind if you just do what's in your head. That usually gives the best rp's and personally I think when you're rp'ing, rules or ... err... obstacles? like this only reduce the fun and the flow. So please just keep going as you think is right, you've made that character and I decided to involve with it. So whatever it is, I've agreed on any influence your character can have on mine. So don't worry ^^
Oh, and I like the idea of throwing in another char. We'll see how it goes.. I'll just let Rafaella cooperate now, but she might run off when she's got Zorro and run into your other character. We'll see. Looking forward to your next post! It was good, btw ^^ =]

Anonymous

"Very well. I'll fetch the beast for you. Wait here until I return, or his life is forfeit. Oh, and by the way... since your my partner now, you should at least know me by some name other then monster. Call me Dev." and with that, it-Dev as it was now called, vanished, leaving behind a faint blue trace of light that slowly dimmed and faded.One must acknowledge the uses of teleportation, it makes errands -so- much easier. Almost instantly, Dev reappeared in a different chamber of the dungeons, one filled with rows of cages of all shapes and sizes, where several men and woman were scattered among them, tending to the creatures inside. At first, no-one seemed to notice his arrival, as they continued  tending to the animals. After a few moments though, one of the women looked up from feeding a monkey-like being, and let out a strangled cry. Immediately, all the workers heads snapped up, attempting to locate the cause of her cries. They soon found it.

Dev's human face split into a feral grin. "Hello, prey. I'm in a bit of a rush, so I can't prolong this-Not that I don't want to I assure you." The bewilderment on their faces soon turned to shock as six tentacles sprung forth from behind the strange visitor, needling each human in the chest. Dev shuddered with bestial satisfaction as he swiftly received the norishment from six different anguished bodies. It was over in less then a minute. Dev strolled leisurely through  the cages, careful to avoid stepping in the six piles of bones and dried flesh. Absently, his tentacles searched through the cages like someone would search for a favorite food in a buffet.

"Ah-ha, found you." Dev smiled and stopped at a cage near the door, peering in at a furry creature huddled in the back of the cage. "Come now, don't be afraid of me. Rafaella asked me to find you-Yes, you know that name, don't you now. Thats right, to the front of the cage." Dev opened the cage and carefully took hold of Zorro, preparing to teleport back to the place Rafaella should be waiting. At the same moment, Dev heard voices from the other side of the door, and many footsteps approaching. "Oh bother." He said absently. The muffled voices did not sound happy or unconcerned, and the emotions pouring from the outside were anything but carefree.Hmm... I must have missed them while I was busy searching. How careless. Perhaps the worker's screams were louder then Dev had first thought.better get a move on then A blue aura once again built up around him as he prepared to teleport both his own self the Zorro's back to the dungeon. Because he was transporting more then just himself, the build up and transition took longer, which was precisely the opposite of what  Dev needed at the moment. Just as he was beginning to vanish, the door burst open, revealing several horrified attendants and at least two armed guards. Dev smiled at waved as he disappeared, watching with obvious amusement as one of the guards lunged at him,  falling flat on his face as Dev finally left. He now appeared in the same place he had left, taking a moment to regain his bearings.

"Oh honey, I'm home." He called out merrily. Then he noticed that she wasn't there. Dev frowned, still holding an increasingly not-wanting-to-be-held raccoon. When he finally located her, he couldn't help but groan. "Bother!" he spat before breaking into a sprint towards the upper levels of the dungeon, Zorro in tow.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
((OOc: I had a late reply again, my bad =x busy busy busy. Hope you enjoy this piece =) If anything is lacking, boring, or any mistakes let me know ^_^ By the way, I've started using "him" instead of "it" Because he possessed a man's body, just a heads up. ^_^ oh and xD Surprise for the last part xp idk why, I just thought it might be fun. Yours was good, as always ^,...,^ And thanks for the reassurance. Looking forward to your next post! =D ))

Anonymous

Hmpf. Partner. He said it again. Dang, he's annoying. Rafaella was very annoyed when he said he'd 'fetch the beast' for her. And she did not believe he'd kill Zorro when she ran. No way he would. He was trying so hard to keep her with him (like she hadn't noticed), and he would not mess it up now by killing the animal that was dear to her. No, then he'd have Rafaella, but this time rather as one hell of an enemy.

Then suddenly he vanished, leaving only blue light and dust behind. Err... what? Rafaella thought bewildered. Was this one of those rare creatures blessed with the power of teleportation? That wasn't good. Not good at all. Dev. Dev. Any chance of that being an abbreviation of the word 'devil'? How obvious. No, Rafaella decided she had to get out of here. He was dangerous.

Rafaella's body came into action as she ran at the cell door and opened it forcefully, slamming it back against the wall as she sprinted through. Her navigation system in her head sent her up. Stairs? She took them. Ascending dozens of steps and leaving lower floors behind her, miraculously not encountering any guards, Rafaella finally reached daylight. The door that led towards outside was slightly opened, and Rafaella pushed it open fully, landing on a platform lower than the door itself.

Oh dear. That wasn't good. She'd reached outside, yes. But now, she was about 20 feet above the ground, standing on a wooden platform without any ladders leading down to the solid ground. Rafaella was trapped.

Tearing her gaze away from the dazzling height, she turned around and headed for the door again when a figure already appeared. Dev. Dammit, she thought. But it wasn't Dev. It was a guard, fiercely looking and with his sword unsheathed. His face was angered. 'Was it you?' he asked threateningly. What? 'Was it you who killed my mates?' he asked again in a low voice, the tip of the sword pointed at her. Oh god. Dev on a killing spree? Rafaella slowly walked backwards as the tip of the sword came ever nearer to her heart. She knew she was reaching the edge. She knew that soon, she was going to fall 20 feet on solid ground. If before she'd wished that she could have that same solid ground beneath her feet, she now wanted that ground as far away from her as possible. Preferably the same height as now. Before Rafaella had formulated any kind of plan at all, another figure had appeared in the door opening. Her heart sank. Dev. But would he save her?

Notes ^^ Hiya, don't worry 'bout the late reply. Soon, you'll have all the time to reply you want, for I'm going on holiday for two weeks starting on Saturday... I'm really sorry, but perhaps I'll be able to acquire some kind of internet connection... I have lots and lots of homework to do, so my father said we'd maybe rent a laptop... or go to an internetcafé. So, I'm really sorry, but I'm gonna have to leave you for a while... hope you'll find the patience to wait for me.
But about your post, it was quite good. I'm not so sure about mine... I always have the problem that the story is exactly right in my head and in Dutch, but when I have to translate to English it never turns out as I want it to. If that is evident in my posts, please let me know and I'll use a dictionary more often xD

Anonymous

Dev strode the last few paces until he was right behind the guard. His features split into a leering grin. "Hey, sword boy." He called out. The guard spun, eyes wide with surprise. He quickly recovered though. raising his sword to a defensive position. Dev smiled disarmingly, plunging all six of his tentacles into the man's chest. The man's eye's glazed over with the haze of death, and with his dying breath he whispered; "It was yoooooou..."

Dev leaned in close, speaking so only the guard could hear. "Yes, it was me. And they tasted wonderful, Especially her... you loved her didn't you. She's gone now-just like you." Dev emphasized his words by ripping each tentacle out of the man in a separate direction the man, separating him into several bloody chunks. Dev licked the blood spatter from his face, holding out his hand to Rafaella. "Hello, partner. What did I tell you about running off? oh yes.. I remember... I said don't" His face turned stormy as he regarded her. "I found your pet." Dev carelessly threw the Zorro at her. "Come on, we'd better get moving if you want to make it out of here intact." He leaped  down from the balcony she was on, turning back up towards her and extending a tentacle. "Just let it wrap around you, we can make better time going this way." It snaked around her and slowly brought her down to ground level. " There now, was that to terrible?" He asked her, enjoying her visible discomfort.This is proving to be a very enjoyable partnership Dev thought with humor.This should be an interesting experience. "Ok, we have two choices as I see it, and I shall honor you with the choice of which path. We could go out in the countryside, using the forest and whatever else is available as cover against the authorities. Or, we could go under ground, using the secret passage ways and natural tunnels to make our way out of here. The tunnels will take longer, but would be a safer bet. It's up to you... partner."

Anonymous

Rafaella watched in disgust as the guard that had been threatening her was ripped to pieces, shielding her face with her arms from the blood that sprang from the body like a geiser sprang from earth. A shiver ran down her spine as the blood attached itself to her clothes and soaked her white blouse, coloring it red.

Dev just let the ... parts of the man be on the platform, Rafaella staring at them in horror, already knowing she wouldn't be able to get the images out of her head for quite a while. Dev turned to her again, sticking out his hand to her. Hello partner. 'Stop calling me partner, dammit!!' Rafaella yelled at him while trying to catch Zorro. When he was safely in her arms, she cuddled him and held him close to her body, but fortunately he was unharmed.

Dev's... tentacle carried her down from the platform, and Rafaella didn't know how quickly to get rid of the bloody thing around her waist again. That same tentacle had just helped ripping a man's body to pieces and killing undoubtably dozens of other people. And it was her fault. Rafaella tried not to think about that for the moment. She had to focus upon Dev's every move now. And right now, he gave her a choice. Tunnels or nature. Hmpf. How easy a choice could he have given me?

'Nature,' Rafaella said defiantly, setting Zorro on her shoulder. 'I've lived in nature for quite a while and know some good places to sleep and eat. Covered places. And I doubt that there is someplace I can wash in the tunnels, whereas there are streams and rivers in nature. So, Dev, I'd go for nature.' She gave him a hard look and turned around, running through the streets. She knew which way she was going, she'd been wondering the city for quite some time before she got caught.

Rafaella'd already reached the edge of a forest when she stopped running. Hmpf, she thought when she looked behind her and Dev was nowhere to be seen. Very athletic you are, -partner-.

Anonymous

Fiery little morsel aren't you Dev thought to himself irately. He followed her mentally, observing her quick progress through the city and out into the surrounding forest. Then he heard her thought."Very athletic you are, -partner-" Dev laughed softly to himself. "Silly girl." He said under his breath. A blue aura built up around Dev's body as he channeled power into his limbs. He then mindspoke to her.You want athletic? hahaha, I'll give you athletic. Before he had finished speaking, Dev was already hurtling through the streets, each stride propelling him several feet into the air before he landed and took another step. Using all the back alleys and deserted streets he could, he managed for the most part to avoid detection. Within moments, he was racing towards the forest edge, to where he had pinpointed  Rafaella's location. When he judged the distance optimal, Dev planted both feet firmly on the ground before pushing off with gusto, landing with a flip onto the ground right beside her. He grinned, asking her; "Was that athletic enough for you darling?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
((OOc: Yes, I know it's short >.> I hope the quality is good, otherwise there is no excuse lol. Hope you enjoy ^_^ ))

Anonymous

Rafaella snorted.

'That wasn't athletic, that was lazy. You are cheating.' Snorting again, Rafaella turned around and walked into the forest. Bah. All-knowing creepy bastard he is. And annoying too. She was silent for a while, not wanting to talk to the person next to her. He was scaring her a bit less now, but the fact remained that she was still covered in blood, the blood he spilled. Irritated, Rafaella pushed away a branch that was hanging threateningly close to her face as she walked on. Then she stood still all of a sudden, listening intently. A familiar, most welcome sound reached her ears. Water!

Rafaella smiled for the first time since her arrival in the dungeons and started going towards the sound, her ears being her guide. They took her to a river, not very big but evidently cold and rapid. Rafaella turned around to Dev and pressed a finger on his chest.

'You. Turn around and go somewhere I can't see you. Or rather, where you can't see me. I'm gonna wash this blood off me now. And don't you dare looking at me in any way.'

Rafaella waited till he was gone and then went to the edge of the river where she undressed, quickly stepping into the cold water. Very cold. But she didn't mind. The cold gave her the feeling she was truly washing the blood from her body. She dove into the water, letting herself be taken by the stream for some metres. Then she swam back and rubbed the dirt and blood off her body. Checking if she couldn't see a face somewhere through the bushes on the side where Dev had disappeared, she rose again and quickly took her clothes into the water, cleaning them too. Zorro had disappeared somewhere. Probably swimming too.

The blood drops would not completely vanish from the white blouse, but the red spots weren't visible on the rest of her black clothes. She sighed and got out of the water, with some difficulty squeezing the water out of her clothes and putting them back on. Great. Now I am soaked. Oh well. Nothing to be done about it until the sun came out. And everything beats walking around covered in the blood from the last victim of your partner, right?

Anonymous

Dev rolled his eyes at the strange human woman. What did he care? He was not human, it held no appeal to him, other then the possible enjoyment of her embarrassment. He leaned back against a nearby tree, facing away from the river, waiting for her to finish. He slowly eyed his surroundings, interested in how things looked from human eyes. The were vibrant colors all around him: the lush green of the leaves on the trees and the grass dotting the ground around him, the deep browns of the tree bark, and the soil. The shining hues of the birds as the flitted from tree to tree, chirping constantly to one another. Sound too, is different, thought Dev absently. from the swaying of the tree branches to the flowing of the river, from the bird songs to the rustling of the forest floor creatures. Dev snorted to himself. humans have so much that they take for granted. He thought with disgust. They do make lovely main courses though... Dev grinned sardonically, letting his thoughts drift. It   feels -so- good to use this mind again

Closing his eyes, Dev reflected on his options right now. He would eventually have to find much more then just this one meal to be complete once more, and there was also the matter of finding family of those that had wronged him, so long ago. However, he was enjoying life right now, and in no rush. It been long since Dev had held a body captive, and he was just now beginning to remember the enjoyment it brought him.much better then crawling on the ground like some insect He snorted. Why was he staying with the woman anyway? He could easily go off and feast more before returning for this particular meal. Perhaps because it was so much fun to feed off her emotions when he angered her. He chuckled softly to himself. That was -quite- fun. Yes, staying with her for awhile longer wouldn't hurt. He slowly slid down the tree until he was in a sitting position. He hadn't slept in... he couldn't even remember! Not that he needed sleep, but it was soothing, and the human body performed better with proper rest. Besides, Rafaella is taking her sweet time, it can't hurt to take a little nap. Soon he was asleep, his measured breathing blending in with the rustle of the leaves.

((OOc: ok... that might have been a little weird... Might need to edit that xD ))

Chip sniffed the air in the forest. Something was not as it should be. His piercing eyes gazed down under the forest canopy, vigilantly watching for danger. Nothing seemed amiss.... wait-At the river! It had to be. Chip dashed through the branches, expertly using his tail to propel him through the upper branches of the trees. That careless boy no doubt got himself into a mess of trouble again He growled fiercely. Once he was a but a few trees away from the river, he slowed his pace, slipping quietly through the branches like a soft breeze. He reached a tree that hung just above the river's edge, scanning for the form of his comrade.There. Right where I left you, you lazy oaf. Chip thought with irritation. The smell of intruders was nearer now... there were two distinct ones, chip realized. One was light, almost blending in with the forest around it. The other was foul, like someone had recently dug up a grave. Chip wrinkled his nose. Whatever it was, it wouldn't last long once -he- found it. Then he heard a slight splash. What now? He thought in bewilderment. He peered down towards the sound, at the other bank of the river. What the- He blinked, withdrawing into the tree cover. Did I just see what I thought I saw? Chip rubbed his eyes furiously. He leaned down to look again. His jaw dropped. There was a woman. On the river bank. With no clothes on. Chip's jaw dropped open further. A very..... fit, woman. Chip blinked again. He scrambled down to the forest floor, jumping onto his companion's chest. "Nate Nate Nate!" He whispered urgently. "Look over there! on the other side of the river! It's A-it's A-"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nathaniel was sleeping quite peacefully, on the river bank. Having spent all of his memory here, in the forest, he was intimate with all his surroundings, and felt at home in just about any place there was a tree to shade him. His clothing was a mix of animal fur's-from fallen beasts he had either come across or had to defeat-and plant fibers, which made surprisingly strong fabric. Lying down as he was, he was all but invisible, with his light green cloak hiding a tall, lean frame. He was tired, after a successful morning's foraging, and had decided to take a nap near the river, listening to the soothing sound of water flowing. He stirred slightly from his sleep, awakened by some noise nearby. After listening intently for a few moments and hearing nothing further, he slowly drifted back into drowsiness. At least, he thought contentedly, Chip is busy somewhere els- Before he had finished his thought, he felt a small furry form land on his chest. Nathaniel groaned.speak of the devil His listened as words began to pour from chip's mouth. "Nate Nate Nate! Look over there! On the other side of the river! It's A-it's A-" Nathaniel sighed heavily, sitting up from his prone position.
"Chip, what have I told you about ambushing me when I'm asleep?"
"But Naaaate, this is important!" Chip pleaded.
"Chip, unless it's an emergency, you don't wake me up. I've told you that at least a dozen times."
Chip danced up and down on his chest. "Nate! Just-"
"No, Chip. You need to learn that there are certain things you shouldn't do."
"Agghh! Never mind! It's too late now anyway, she has her clothes on." Chip clamped shut his mouth in frustration.
Nathaniel spent a moment processing that, then stared at chip in horror. "You lecherous little fiend! Have you been ogling women again?!? I can't believe you... That is simply appalling! Why must I be cursed with the only lusty squirrel in the world? why?!?"
Chip folded his arms, frowning at him "At least I don't lose my tongue at first sight of a pretty girl."
Nathanial's face reddened in embarrassment. The squirrel was right, he never quite new how to address a woman properly.Wait... he said to look... which means... that she is here?!? Crrrrrap He swallowed hard, speaking slowly to chip. "Did you say that she was -here-?" Chip nodded in mock solemnity, and pointed across to the other river bank. Nathaniel groaned inwardly, slowly, ever so slowly turning his head towards the other bank, dreading what he would see. His eyes came to rest on a woman, fully clothed, soaking wet, staring right back at him.
"Ngh. Kill me now." Nathaniel brought a hand up to cover his face, sinking back down to the ground, wishing he could just disappear for awhile. She sees me. And she probably can't hear me. Which means that she also probably thinks -I'm- the one who's been watching her. Why do these things always happen to me?
"You are in so much trouble right now chip." Nathaniel whispered furiously under his breath.
Chip laughed uproariously, his high pitched voice making it more of a squeak then a laugh. "Ahahahah!I may be in trouble later-heheheheh! but your in a deep pit right now-hahhahaha!" Nathaniel would have sent him a biting reply, but in his mind, he agreed wholeheartedly.

(( I know it's long... I hope it's good ^_^ ))