Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Standing Stalling, Always Falling (private) (Mature)

Started by Anonymous, May 07, 2008, 10:49:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

OOC- Lily and The Man are NPCs so... feel free to take control of either one, if you want to :3 Also... long post is long xDD Sorry <33

The soft dirt pathways were particularly empty at night. Violet cloaked the sky as a million curios silver stars blinked slowly at the solitary form that drifted down the narrow jagged path. The moon hung full and swollen, flooding the fielded with eerie grey light, turning the river into a slice of flowing mercury.

Braylinn followed the flow of the water, watching it leap and twist over rocks and conform to the shape of the banks. He smiled softly, clutching his basket to his chest. His startlingly dark blue eyes, like two little dollops of arctic ocean, scanned the serene but empty scene with a sense of seeking. There was something he was looking for, far from him home that slept silent and dark at least twenty minutes at his back. It wasn't to close, but not to far either, and he was almost there.

Even his shadow, stretched along the grassy ground in front of him, looked small. He sighed, disliking the sight of it, absently brushing some of the pale tan strands from his face. He needed a haircut, he thought, his smooth neat hair falling just barely into his eyes, sweeping the nape of his neck as he walked. He looked feminine enough without letting his hair grow, for goodness' sake.

A huge hulking abandoned barn came into his view, like a stain of black against the brilliant violet, diamond speckled sky. Behind just before it lay a sea of glittering blue; a swarm of flowers that only opened their blooms at night. They were called 'Heaven's Mirror,' because all day they would sleep dormant, gathering sunlight. Then, at one in the morning, they would throw open their petals and release all the night, glowing like a miniature sky on the field. Braylinn smiled as he carefully leaned down, plucking a few of the flowers and dropping them into his basket. She would like them, he was sure.

Lilly was the daughter of a priest who had moved into the manor not quite next door to Braylinn, and his father. She seemed to be having trouble getting settled, and so Braylinn thought (with a pale pink blush) that some beautiful flowers might make her feel better.

But suddenly, Braylinn thought he caught sight of the hem of her pale white dress, flared in a burst of speed. He hesitated, blinking into the inky grey light, about to simply ignore his trickster eyes, but then he heard it. It was Lily's voice, sharpened into a frightened little whimper. A worried expression clouded his face as Braylinn drifted into the aching mouth of the black barn, his basket of softly glowing flowers clutched to his chest. Shadows clung inside the creases of his clothes; nothing but a plain white robe tied shut across his waist with a thin black ribbon. Nothing but his pajamas and a pair of sandals; but staying in the house and moving about to change risked waking his father, which was something he didn't wish to do.  

The darkness inside was so thick it was only watered down in spots; the glow of the flowers Braylinn had washing away one spot, while a torch at the other end of the barn cleaned away another. Within the orange stain of light swam to blurry images, one of them (he had been right) was Lilly, and the other was a man he didn't recognize. He had Lily pushed hard against the wall, and her fine pretty face was creased with bright plain fear.

Shock twisted Braylinn's insides.

"H-hey!" he shouted, hurrying across the barn like a little meek comet through the darkness. "What are you doing, leave her alone!"

The man turned around, his eyes blurry and drunk. Lily shivered in fear, her eyes urging Braylinn away.

"What's it look like I'm doin'? Scram kid, I got things to do..." the man muttered, a smile showing his crooked yellow teeth.

"Braylinn, get out of here!" Lily insisted, "He's gunna-"

""Please," Braylinn interrupted, "Please don't hurt her..." he struggled with his own helplessness; what could he do? The man was at least twice his size; it wasn't like he could fight him off.

"Please? Don't you have a nice set a' manners. Your mommy teach you that?" the man chuckled to himself as if he had told an amazing joke.

Braylinn's shoulders stiffened, his grip on the basket tightening.

"I can give you these," he held out the basket, his whole body tensing. "They're valuable, you could sell them. I could give you some money, too. Just please don't hurt her."

The man seemed to struggle for a moment, his thoughts slowed and heavy with alcohol. The moment he took his arms from either side of Lily, she was off, her hair swaying behind her like sun rays until she blinked out into the darkness, and then out of the mouth of the barn. She was gone.

Braylinn turned to run too, but there was a heavy bear-like hand on his shoulder. Within a moment he was thrown back against the wall onto which Lily had been pinned, the weight of the drunken man pressing against him. Braylinn nearly chocked on the stench of alcohol.

"I'll take your flowers, and your money... and maybe something else, too..."

"B-but, I didn't, I never said-"

"Look, I could go catch your little dove right now, if you don't do what I say..." Braylinn felt numbness close around him completely, as the little black ribbon that was tied about his waist was tugged away. The white fabric of his robe opened over his chest like a wound.

"So," the man continued, "you'd best behave yourself."
The flowers (he had dropped them) were littered about their feet like a cloud of weeping stars.

Meanwhile, Lily was banging furiously on Braylinn's front door.

"Come quick, someone! Help! Please!" she shouted in complete panic.

Anonymous

The Nex family were more than a respectable family; they were a household name in this little town. People would always remark to Timor on just how lovely his son Braylinn was, just how much progress Braylinn was making in his herbal studies, and just how much Braylinn looked like his mother. Every time Timor locked eyes with his son, he was reminded of Lucretia's deep, azure eyes. So incredibly pure were they that Timor's own watery blue eyes paled in comparison. There were undisclosed reasons for the white flecks in his own eyes, which he'd rather the public did not know about. But all in all, the appearance of the Nex family was respectable in every way possible, and Timor intended to maintain that family reputation. Even after Lucretia had left him, he'd diffused any major rumours, and had spread his own to ensure the aristocracy still welcomed him as one of their own.

It was simply tragic; the splendour in which he languished, passing away borrowed time, wasting the sands in his personal hourglass. A great man in his youth, Timor had surpassed the intelligence of all his peers, and even his mentors. His parents had enrolled him in Arca University, and everything should've been good and golden, and syrupy sweet. Only it wasn't. Despite what he told himself, Timor knew he was the shadow in the wake of his sister, Rosalia. Whatever he did, she had already done better. Even his mansion was nothing compared to the castle she lived in.

But it was OK. He didn't have to see her except for odd special days of the year. His seething resentment of her always had to be masked then, masked with artificial smiles that had just as much blandness as the cocktails and the snacks the servants always served. No, he had his own little kingdom, built up from the wood and stone of an ancient vampire's stronghold. The previous tenant didn't breathe; that was no surprise, but it hadn't been too hard to stop him from moving...permanently.

And now Timor lived with his son in the old nest of a vampire, a mansion steeped in decadence and glutted with splendour. On approach, two overbearing gargoyles stood as sentinels to a yawning gate, which opened to reveal a winding gravel path that led up to the looming building. Built at least two hundred years ago, this mansion was of the old gothic style that was still in vogue with the aristocracy. Her great arches towered over the macabre garden, and each side of the main building was supported by a jutting wing.

Inside, Timor had kept the décor exactly as it was when he first moved here twenty years ago. The crystalline chandelier hung above a wide reception. Paintings lined the walls and two marble staircases ran up to a raised level, with a balcony, that led to other rooms. It would be pointless to describe the statues, the exotic plants, the antique chairs, the harpsichords, or the numerous bookshelves, but perhaps some attention could be paid to Timor's bedroom, the room in which he was currently residing.

The rise and fall of his chest betrayed the fact that he was alive; other than that, he was perfectly still, a portrait of a man in his prime, lying on a four-poster bed and spread-eagled in such a manner as to appear dangerously lascivious. His lush, dark hair was tousled, and no trace of stubble could be seen in what moonlight that filtered through the gaps in the light curtains.

This night, Timor was practicing the art of astral projection. It was the current goal on his list of things to accomplish, and being the second time that he had tried to do this, he found himself slightly more successful. However, he had read in one of his great leather-bound tomes that in the early stages, astral projections and dreaming often became integrated, and that was the strange sensation he was experiencing right now.

Timor was walking through a dark corridor, lined with portrait paintings. On a quick glance, Timor recognised this as his own West Wing, and it seemed that he was heading down a path he had secretly trodden many times. Yes, yes, past the laundry room, past the locked doors, and here, to the end of the corridor. He stopped before a large painting, depicting a battle of hell knew where. Raising an arm to touch the paintwork, he admired it's beauty for a minute, imagining each lush brushstroke. And then he dug his nails into the space between the frame of the painting and the wood panelling of the wall, and applied slight pressure. Stepping backwards onto a nail in the floorboard, there was a slight rumbling. Timor let go as the painting swung backwards, revealing a door, which he then passed through like a ghost.

That was one of the strange things; he wasn't fully sure if he was dreaming or projecting, but if he was projecting then surely there was no need for him to make the painting swing back. Based on this logic, he deduced that he was simply dreaming, and that he'd failed again. At this, the sleeping Timor's smooth face crinkled for a split second. Failure was not to be tolerated!

But no matter. He would see where this dream would lead. Unspectacularly, it led to his underground rooms, rather than to some flight of fancy. Timor found himself in dark, cold stone rooms, in places he knew oh so well, places that would never see the light of day. Sighing to himself, he acknowledged his failure this time and simply let the dream play itself out. Here he was, in what could only be described as an underground dungeon, littered with rooms full of bizarre equipment, bottles of strange coloured liquids, and books of forbidden knowledge.

In his dream, he walked up to a cupboard, produced a key and unlocked the door. Now this was something new. Timor had no such cupboard. Nevertheless, this cupboard swung open, to reveal a lifeless wax model of someone he knew very well. Timor's chest heaved another sigh, and he let his arm fall, gently stroking the shoulder of the waxen model. He titled his head, moving closer to press his lips to the lips of the model, and was within a hair's breadth away when...

Timor jerked awake, eyes wide and a cold sweat running down his body. That couldn't have been her, could it? No, no! His dream fled his mind as waking thoughts entered his brain. Even now, his dream had faded to something intangible, even now, he'd forgotten it's essence. But why had he awoken?

Timor frowned, and listened. Wait...he could hear something...a thud, thud, a banging sound, like the thud a body makes when one drags it across the ground.

Throwing his covers aside, he lit a candle, and fumbled for clothing. Making sure he was dressed respectably, he picked up the candleholder and cursed the servants for being so deep in sleep that they missed this sound of knocking. Timor hurried down the corridors, glided down the staircase and flung open the door, ready to give whoever was knocking one hell of a mouthful.

"What do you think you're doing, knocking at this time of--" He'd started shouting, before he even had time to register that it was Lily, Braylinn's friend.

Hmph, friend, Timor thought in disgust, but he had no time for this train of thought to follow it's usual route for Lily, white faced and stricken, burst out, "Come quick, someone! Help! Please!"

Frowning, he nodded and slipped some shoes on, before locking the door and following the girl.

((Sorry for long post- it's long to make up for me not replying!! Hope yooooou like it too! Oh, and Timor will follow Lily without making conversation, so take him to the scene of obscenity!! XD))

Anonymous

Lily felt a surge of relief as the front door was tugged open. She had been startled badly from the sudden shouting that rained on her from above; but then again, she was used to being startled by Timor. He was a frightening man, after all, and she had the most distinct feeling that for some reason or another, he wasn't to fond of her.

Lily's mind stirred in quiet chaos; there was no time to explain, not really, and yet she knew leading Timor blind into such a situation would be dangerous (for almost everyone). "S-sorry to wake you, but its an emergency!" she motioned for Timor to follow her and took off at a clumsy run, obviously burned out from the dash to the mansion. Still, force of will kept her going. Breathlessly, she tried to explain what little she could as she ran. The bright moon was slowly stewing, suffocating under a liquid-dark coat of clouds, rain quivering and ready to fall.

"There was this man, and he was coming after me, and Braylinn saw and came to help," she panted, horribly out of breath, her bright sunshine yellow hair plastered to her face here and there. "I told him not to, I told him to get away! B-but... he... he tried to bargain the man away from me, and well... I got away, but who ever that man is still has poor Bray at the old barn!" in such a panic she was, Lily had forgotten one of things Braylinn always insisted, which was 'Never refer to me casually in front of my father'.  

The jagged dirt path was slowly melting into thick filthy mud as the clouds leaked icy rain, and thunder murmured nervously over the field. The grass quivered, cold. The old barn loomed like a giant splash of black ink, blacker still then the sky or the rest of the shadows that sulked through the night.

The light that glowed from the Heaven's Mirror Flowers flickered gently, catching in the creases of Braylinn's robe as he locked his arms around his chest in vein attempt to keep himself covered. His shoulders were bare though, upon them an odd collection of pale criss-crossing white lines. His stomach was knotted painfully, his knees shaking so badly he would have toppled, if he was not pressed so tightly to the wall.

Fear was written boldly across his wide midnight-blue eyes, a scared cry pressed out of him as his struggles were crushed; hands grasping his wrists and prying them apart, pinning them to the wall. The robe fluttered sheepishly down and Braylinn looked away, trying not to shake. He bit his tongue, quelling the impulse to yell out for help. He didn't want to give the man the satisfaction.

Braylinn wanted to melt into the wall as a thick ungraceful hand began to paw at his waistband.

"Please, don't do that!" he shouted, his mind racing painfully. "Please, please, you don't have to go that far! I-I'll..."

"You'll what?" came the voice that was more cruel then slurred, blurry unfocused eyes narrowing on Braylinn. "You cost me my girl, boy. You owe me." That hand pushed forcefully below his waistband.

Braylinn cried out in panic, his body crumpling; he fell to his knees, his hands catching himself against the man's hips. His head rested weakly (he was so damn dizzy) against the man's leg, sobs clogging up his throat. The man regarded how Braylinn looked in such a compromising pose.

"Please, don't... I'll... j-just don't touch me and I'll..." Braylinn felt suddenly like he was going to be violently ill. He hissed as a thick hand dove into his hair, tugging, pushing him forward into somewhere warm.

"Go on then..."

Braylinn hardly noticed the sound to rapidly approaching footsteps, his ears all to full of the sound of a creeping zipper.

"Here, they're in here!" Lily's voice said somewhere in the distance, as she and Timor arrived at the mouth of the barn.

((OOC- No worries, long is fun xD Gives me something to sit and enjoy reading <33 I wanna live in that mansion, you made it sound so cool!!))

Anonymous

Timor had jumped straight to the conclusion, that whatever this was all about, must involve his son somehow. He could think of no other reason for this girl to be rapping on his door at this ungodly hour. This girl, whom he was openly civil to, yet always with a pinch of bitterness...he always treated Braylinn's friends with distance. She was friends with his son, and nothing more, he hoped.

"S-sorry to wake you, but its an emergency!"

His face darkened in response, mind whirling with thoughts along the lines of, 'it had better well be!' Timor had an extremely bad feeling about all of this, a sense of ill foreboding, which hung in the crisp air like a ripe, round moon. It looked as if Lily wasn't going to explain herself.

Wrapping his clothing around himself to stave out the chill air, Timor followed Lily, down the twisting and turning gravel path, bursting out of the flapping gates. Timor was incredibly impatient at the pace they were going, and he wished that this damned girl would tell him just where to go so that he could get there much quicker. By the gods, she was going slow, dragging his pace like the way great rocks impede the flow of torrential water. She must've belted her heart out to get here, and eventually, Lily had caught enough breath to begin a fumbling recount of her tale.

Timor listened first in apprehension, and then in horror, his mind racing ahead, racing and mentally envisioning the outcomes, in so much shock that he even overlooked the fact Lily had referred to his son casually. As if to add pathos to the scene, the sky darkened as clouds swelled, burying the ripen moon with smothering vigour. Raindrops began to pitter-patter, pitter-patter, slowly at first, before increasing momentum.

His heart sank as he finally made out the place where Lily was taking him. What in the name of the gods had Braylinn been doing over here, in this isolated suburb of town?!!? Other than the odd tavern, and the scattered farm houses, there was nothing else here but prime locations for any number of crimes. They ran past the dark alleyways, which were not much better. By now, little puddles were forming in the golden brown dirt, and more than once Timor splashed his clothing, but he didn't care.

Lily ran up the path to the barn, an ominous looking building, and pointed dumbly to the gaping doors, which in the dark had the appearance of a wide mouth. Catching her breath, she babbled, "Here, they're in here!"

Elbowing her aside, Braylinn burst into the barn, stumbling blindly about the haystacks and the machinery.

"Braylinn?" He yelled. His voice seemed oddly muffled here in the barn, as if it had been swallowed up by the bales of hay. "Braylinn?"

---

The man swung a punch at Braylinn's stomach, and then one at his head, which should be enough to incapacitate the boy, causing him to sink to the ground and remain there until he sorted out the other intruder. Looking around, his eyes caught sight of a glinting crowbar not too far away from where he was. There were other bits of half rusted metal, and he tore a chunk of the corrugated metal, before picking up the crowbar. The sound the metal made as it tore would be enough to alert the intruder to his location. Hefting the crowbar in his hand, the man waited until Timor came in sight, and lunged at him, striking Timor on the head.

He watched in satisfaction as Timor dropped to the ground without a word. Giving the body a good kick or two, the man was now satisfied that Timor wouldn't pose anymore problems, at least in the near future.

A scream alerted him to another presence. It was that damn girl again! But before he could react, the girl had taken off, bolting at the sight of him. No doubt she would run to the local authority. In his drunken state, he managed to figure out that he wouldn't have much time to do what he wanted to do to the boy.

Perhaps he could leave some more permanent marks on his body instead. Glancing at the piece of metal he'd torn off, he thought about just how sharp the edge was. In this light, it could almost be mistaken for the edge of a knife...

((Timor's problem solved! The man wants to do his thing, and then let Timor get the blame, mwahahahaha!!!))

Anonymous

Someone was calling for him... Braylinn's heart jumped instantly into his throat, throbbing there painfully. The voice was muffled, yes, but he could never mistake it for anything other then it was. The boy was used to hearing such a voice muffled anyway, a near commonplace sounds saved in his mind from all the nights he had spent 'spying' outside his father's door, attempting to divine just what it was his father devoted so many hour to, locked away alone. Asking got him no where, of course, so on nights when he was especially curious, he wound linger quiet in the darkness of the hall. He never found out much, the dull stirring shadows and quick quiet murmurs (that might have been spells) that seemed under the door did little more then stir his curiosity further. Thus, such a voice, even murmured, was unmistakable.

The cry he had been working so hard to repress suddenly burst helplessly past his lips, "Help! Dad, help!" somewhere in his mind he knew we was out of it with fear; he had been trained better then to call his father so casually. Any other time he would have worried, but not when he was so near frantic with fear.

Pain overrode Braylinn's senses quite suddenly, his sight flickering between the black of the barn and something blacker eating at the edges of his vision. He felt as if he was under water for a few blurry moments, his head swimming in vertigo as he crumpled to the ground, and waited.

Where was his father, the fuzzy questioned played on repeat over and over again behind his closed eyes. Shouldn't he be across the barn by now...?

He felt dull surprise more then anything as he was suddenly hauled up by the shoulders, and then the terror flooded back as his eyes met with those of the berserk drunken man. Urgency was written across his face, his hand clenched around something sharp and metal. reality crashed back to Braylinn in a surge; a storm of questions.

'Where is father, what happened to him? Is he alright? What did this madman do? Where is Lily?' He hardly had time to guess at a single answer. Quite suddenly the sharp edge of the metal bit down his chest, leaving one deep red line, then two, then three. Red crosses blossomed on his pale skin, each slash twisting his face in pain. He began to feel dizzy, pain blurring into sticky warmth down the front of his chest. Meekly, his thoughts beginning to run together, Braylinn attempted to cross his arms over his chest, only to have the savage slashes lash across them, too.

What made him scream though, shrill and unrestrained, was the slash that cut straight up his left cheek. His vision became black on one side, panic knotting in his stomach. And yet, he could not worry about himself. It hurt horribly, yes, and he was terrified... but his thoughts lingered on the safty of Lily...

Of his father. Braylinn lifted his head (when had he been dropped to the floor?) peering through the dark barn to where he could just barely see his father's form in a still mass on the floor.

"Father..." he called out, not quite conscious anymore. Braylinn was confused by the warm pool growing under himself. There was so much... couldn't be blood, could it?

The man walked with an eerie sense of calm, dropping the bloody weapon at Timor's side, next to his hand. He wobbled for a moment on his feet, before heading for the door. As he dashed, he contented himself with thoughts of the authorities arriving, and making all the wrong assumptions.

((OOC- just... cuz I'm confusing myself here xD This aint gunna be what actually kills Braylinn, right? Cuz whatever kills him for realz is gunna have to be some kind of vicious animal. Also, I hope thats what you meant to happen there xD I'm exceedingly paranoid I misinterpreted your comment somehow ._. ))

Anonymous

Timor's eyes widened in the split second he had before he was knocked out. That last image, the snapshot of his son, slumped there in that awful condition and that...man, was burned into his brain with such a ferocity that if it hadn't been for the blow to the head, Timor would surely have betrayed the darkness within him. Such was the power of his anger, limitless and unbounded.

---

Lily's breath came in white misty puffs, as she sprinted down the path, running on nothing but adrenaline. It was amazing the things your body could do, when under duress. The only catch was that the main plethora of buildings was about a mile away, and she was worried that by the time she got back, things would've gone way too far. Her mind refused to picture it, no, no, no!!

Somewhere inside, something broke, and she sank to her knees, hands clenched into fists which were so balled up that her fingernails were digging into the flesh of her palm, making crescent half moons. Her hair hung limply over her face, framing her youthful delicate features, and preventing anyone- if anyone walked past at this time of night- from seeing her trembling eyes spill their precious tears.

She was the quiet girl, and he was the quiet boy in the corner. He had always been so polite to her, always opening doors for her, or lending her his pen when hers ran out. It was supposed to be perfect. And yet, whenever she thought they were making progress, things got in the way. Braylinn's father. No matter how hard she tried, she ended up standing, stalling, always falling.

And now, she couldn't even do anything for Braylinn. Or Timor! The thought of Braylinn's father lying there, eyes closed, helpless, brought back some of her resolve. She would get up from her fall, stand up, and no matter what, she would save them. Lily wiped her tears, and gazed blearily around at the countryside. The houses weren't too far away; she could see them rising up like little toy blocks. No way would she be able to reach the local magistrates or the guards, so she would just have to wake up some of the townsfolk and hope they wouldn't be too grumpy. And if they were, then she would make them help. With that in mind, Lily went up to the first door, and rapped smartly upon the brass knocker.

---

He was surrounded by darkness, cold, comforting darkness, pressing in on him from all sides. Thoughts and voices, disembodied, ebbed back and forth, becoming sharp one second, and out of focus the next. He was on the tide, riding a current through a gaping tunnel. Leading to where, he had no clue.

Everything he had worked for, everything he had built up, crumbled around him into tiny pieces, and was washed away in this current, before his very eyes. Timor let out a cry, but he was helpless, incapacitated somehow. His grasp upon this world was insubstantial. He was bound to another, not to this dream-state, the waiting station. Leading to what?

Jumbled images, jumbled sounds clammed his senses. Someone was banging pots and pans in his ear, and with a start he realised it was his sister, his bittersweet Rosalia. She was laughing at him, and he was helpless, knowing that he would take the blame for all the mess that they had made in the kitchen.

It wasn't me, it wasn't my fault, he kept muttering, but the sounds were choked in his throat. Breathing was impeded, laboured. If only he could get the words out, then everything would be OK. But...what were the words?

You can't say those words ever again, do you understand me?!

No I do not. Why. It wasn't a question, a command. His bored eyes flickered over the face of his schoolmaster, before returning to watching the fly buzz against the window.

They are forbidden.

Forbidden words, that choked his tongue. What were they?

Any words.

Anything will do.

Even, a name.

What shall we call our son?

"Braylinn."

---

Timor came to, murmuring the name of his son repeatedly. His breathing was uneven, in ragged bursts, and his head felt as if someone had been pounding it insistently. Sitting up, it took a second for him to regain his bearings. Adrenaline surged through his body and he leapt to his feet, before letting out a groan and clutching his head.

Yes, there was a bruise. Yes, someone would pay.

But, oddly, when he scanned the barn, it was deserted.

((I think the only way we can get Braylinn to be attacked is if he wanders off, thinking that he can go find help for his father, but gets lost in an alleyway? Can't remember if we've had this conversation before or not! ;-_- And...long post to make up for not replying yesterday!! *bows*))

Anonymous

Braylinn felt as if he was swimming up from deep waters. His lungs ached to breath and yet he could not, not until he broke the surface. Reality swam blurry far above his head as he struggled to reach it, pushing himself one tiny bit closer toward consciousness at a time. He was panicked without knowing why, without knowing anything save for the fact he had to wake up. Get up. Save them. Save him.

Braylinn's eyes opened like painful blue wounds, a hiss of pain seeping past his lips as the blurry barn sprang up all around him. His whole body ached horribly, pain biting vicious on the tip of every nerve. He bit the inside of his cheek to keep from making a sound, pushing himself into a sitting position. Meekly, he touched his face. It was cut wide open on one side, and half of his vision was still ominously black. Braylinn dropped his hand, terrified to feel only a gash where his eye should be. No, he told himself, panicking wouldn't do anything now.

"Dad?" he called out (formality be damned) struggling to his feet. The pain was something horrible but not completely unfamiliar. He had been hurt rather badly before, through no fault of his own, too. And wasn't this all his fault? Should his first impulse have been to run for help rather then to bargain with that mad man? Braylinn remembered the sting of bees, from the time he had stayed and let himself be attacked only to have to schoolmate who disturbed the hive escape. He remembered the claws of rose thorns, from the time he had climbed willingly into a huge thicket of thorns to retrieve his teacher's lost book. He remembered the bite of broken glass on the bare bottoms of his feet, as he hurried to rescue the poor residents of a shattered aquarium. 'Helpful', people called him. Everyone always seemed so pleased... everyone, save for one. Save for the one who had to wrap his woulds (pull the stingers, the thorns, the glass from his skin) and save for the one who had to listen to just how he let himself become so damaged.

Guilt settled comfortably in Braylinn's stomach, as if it planned on staying. The silver rain-light leaking in from the mouth of the barn highlighted a faint silhouette, a form crumpled into the ground. Braylinn thoughtlessly dropped to his knees beside his father, placing his hands on the unconscious man's shoulders.

"Dad?" he gently shook Timor, watching his creased uncomfortable expression. The man seemed to be dreaming about something unpleasant. "Dad?" with a little more panic this time. Braylinn's arms hardly shook before they gave out from under him, and he fell limply against Timor's chest. He lay there for a long collection of moments, listening hard for the sound of a heartbeat. There was one, panicked and uneven as it was, and Braylinn sat with his head to his father's chest for at least minutes, desperately attached to the sound. Then, with great effort, he pulled himself up. Timor was damp with blood, and in Braylinn's blurry mind he would not divine how much belonged to who.  Where was Lily? Where was their help?  

Braylinn struggled to his feet once again, wrapping his wounded arms around his chest, every step an awful ache. He told himself it was familiar, this pain, and that this was only more of something he already knew. This was something he could stand quite easily, if it meant helping his father.

Pain was something easy for him, as long as Braylinn shouldered it for someone else, and not himself. It look eternities in every moments to drag himself step by step from the barn, down the winding path that followed the river, and toward the town. The rain felt heavy on his clothing (he had tugged on his robe before leaving the barn), and seemed persistent to wash away the blood. But more and more would only pour out, refusing to be clean.

A dark stretch of trees curled out like a great vast shadow before his line of few. The path curved around the sudden spike of forest, and down a slope into the edge of town. Cutting through the forest though, would take a good ten minutes off the trip.

Braylinn thought again of Bee Stings, of Rose Thorns and Broken Glass, and then of Sharp Metal and of Timor laying unconscious on the floor of the barn.

With no hesitation he headed for the forest. It was hard to lift his wounded legs over the occasional offending branch, but the trees provided nice support should he wobble and need to catch his balance. It was a pleasant enough forest... during the day.

Storm light glinted off what Braylinn was positive was bone. His mind only refused it for a few short moments; the sight of a sharp edged white beast, a dragon of bone with eyes of burning coal. He hardly had the thought capacity at that moment to wonder at what such a creature was doing in such a quaint little forest.

But, such a creature did not eat, right? So there would be no reason for an attack...

Those smoldering coal eyes of the creature settled on Braylinn's wounded form, it inhaled sharp the scent of blood above the rain. True, this species of bone dragon did not consume flesh... but fed itself on plain cold pain. Braylinn was startled as the thing stepped closer to him, a sudden lighting strike throwing it's jagged shadow across Braylinn's form.

The boy's stomach dropped, his eyes on the creatures as he slowly began to back up. No, he thought, over and over again until it practically had no meaning. But the creature crept forward, and pounced, and Braylinn hardly had time to call for help.

--

Only a few people were willing to venture out in such an awful storm, the majority of them hardly willing to wake up fully, and ear Lily's story. But thankfully, one of the kind hearts who had joined her was the town's stable master, and so she rode (with him and a few others) crowded on the backs of a few cream-white stallions, skimming over the field like stray comets.  

Lily's body ached for rest but her mind would hardly allow her to blink. He watched the black barn approaching rapidly, her ears full of the sound of clattering hooves and quiet murmurs. They only climbed off the horses at the very door of the barn. Some other kind soul who had agrees to help had brought a jar of frantic fireflies fastened to a staff. She held it aloft, casting smoky orange light inside the blackness of the barn.

Timor was inside, seeming to have just awoken, but otherwise the barn was empty. The women with the firefly staff gasped upon seeing him covered in a great deal of blood, the stable master shielding her, Lily, and the rest of the small crowd by stepping forward, his expression careful and calculating (suspicious and weary).  

"What in god's name happened here?" he demanded.

--

Braylinn was quite correct in his assumption that this particular species of bone dragon did not consume flesh. And so, not a single piece of flesh was missing. Every bit of the boy was present, some by the roots of trees and some laid delicately across the ground, some feet away. The set was complete, but in pieces.

Well, almost complete. The eye that had been wounded by that madman was gone, as was its twin. The dragon consumed pain after all, and those eyes had reflected so much, the creature could hardly resist them.  

((OOC-There xD Silly Braylinn, wondering into the woods at night >_> its actually a very thin stretch of forest, and not very far from town at all. So it should be easy to *cough* find him... especially if they happen to see the random bone dragon take wing from the trees. Haha no problem <33 I hope ya replay soon, I keep getting this "eeeee what happens NEXT?!" feeling xDDD and.... yeah, long post is LONG O_O Sowwy xDDD))

Anonymous

"What in god's name happened here?"

Timor wasn't sure how long he had been sat there for, but the demanding voice and the footsteps of others seemed to rouse him from the murky pounding feeling he had in his head. He seemed to feel rather than see the other presences; intuition, or an extra sense. Struggling to his feet, he blinked once, and then again, as precious light flooded into the barn. Pupils contracting to accommodate the new light intensity, Timor found his vision still watery and shaky, and instead relied on that extra sense.

"What's going on!?"

"Are you alright?"

He ignored the concerns of the onlookers and found himself stumbling forwards, but brushed off the arms of those who tried to help him, focusing entirely on the ground. Once Timor was out in open air, he breathed in deep gulps, drawing in the calming air straight into his lungs. Someone thrust a water skin into his hand, and he accepted the drink gratefully, gulping down the water as greedily as he had gulped down the air. The headache was still there, making him feel nauseous, sick. When his hand moved to brush the straw from his clothing, he was horrified to find that it came away stained a dark bloody red colour...not a lot of it was his...

"M-m-my son!" He said in a strangled voice, gesturing wildly. Ohmigod where the hell was Braylinn!? Had that man really done...but his mind refused to go any further than that.

Suddenly something was switched on within Timor, and he straightened his back, despite the wave of nausea. There was a trail of blood, leading away from the barn. How could the people have missed that?! His mind became cold, and hardened to these imbeciles who stood here crowding around him, fawning at him as if they were mother hens. He stared at each and every one of them, struggling to suppress his loathing.

"There is no time for explanations," he said with finality, silencing the hubbub. "If you wish to make yourself useful, tidy up this mess."

And with that, he snatched one of the flame torches from a neighbour, and strode off into the night, keeping the torch low so he could spot the telltale drops of blood. It was everywhere; on every blade of grass, and soon after he moved away from the barn, Timor saw with dawning horror that the trail led away from the path, and towards...the goddamn forest!

Lily, who had been trying to keep up with him, fell back, taking the hint that he wished to go alone. Her voice trailed off as she called after his disappearing back, "Mr Nex...sir..."

He took no notice of her.

Timor strode on, feeling himself grow stronger with every step. It was as if something was filling up the emptiness within, something refuelling him, rekindling the energy. He knew that it was the darkness that he had been immersing himself in more and more, over the years. He knew that was the reason for the white flecks in his eyes; a subtle sign of the effects that the use of the magic was having upon his body. They say that the eyes are the key to the soul; well, Timor's soul was slowly becoming fractured, warping with the darkness, morphing shape.

He would kill that man, that stupid, fucking drunk, for even looking at his son! No one would dare lay a hand on Braylinn without even his most tenuous permission. Braylinn was his son. No one else's. And there would be hell to pay, oh yes.

There was less blood here. A good sign, or not? Timor wasn't sure. He crouched down, and placed his fingers upon a clover plant. When he pulled his fingers away they were coated in a dark, thick liquid, his own lifeblood. Timor's feet crunched upon the earthy undergrowth of the forest, as he waved the torch here and there. Timor sent out waves of darkness, which slowly extended fingers much like feelers, searching for a positive DNA match.

But before the search could be completed, the feelers encountered something cold, something alien, something totally and utterly unalive. Something that had never been alive, something so monstrous that really shouldn't exist. His feelers retracted in shock, as did the thing. There was a rumble, of branches creaking, and then of something huge moving. He could hear wing-beats. Huge wing-beats.

Timor stood his ground. At that moment, the clouds shifted and a shaft of moonlight shot through a gap in the clouds, striking the forest. Through the tall thin tree trunks, he made out something bone white, glistening under the pure light. The pearly thing was moving upwards, and as it broke free from the forest, Timor saw the full creature in profile. The image was suddenly burned upon his mind, and he knew it was something that he would never forget. He knew that it was something he would have nightmares about.

All thoughts ceased.

The next thing Timor knew, he was kneeling in the glade where the dragon had taken off, surrounded by pieces of his son. He was cradling his son's head in his arms, and somehow, Timor's eyes seemed to be broken, for they couldn't stop leaking tears.

((Sooooorry for such a late reply!! Exam season's creeping up, so please don't get mad if posts are erratic! What happens next? XD))

Anonymous

'Awake... I'm... oh, I'm not, I simply thought I was... for a moment...' Braylinn thought quietly, his thoughts coming in whispers to himself. He could no longer see, in the way he was used to, not longer feel. Sensations came to him in a jumble, in an uncrackable code. He didn't recognize anything, not the leaves shivering around him, the red streaks, the white bones of fingers away from hands. Everything was reduced to sad nonsense.

'I must be dead...' he thought to himself, no panic, no emotion to his words at all. But if he was in fact dead, should there not have been some alluring bright light? Or if not that, some hellish gates thrown open in sinister invitation? But there was nothing, save for the forest of things he could not recognize around him.

Braylinn began to feel lost. He felt the air as thoughts, knew the scent of fading rain by touch. Magic swept over him like a hot cotton quilt. Braylinn flinched, moving his hands to his face... but there were no hands, no face, he looked down and could see nothing.Again, no response was born from this. He merely accepted it, as any lost ghost would do.  

Vaguely he recalled something he had heard once... didn't a soul linger around it's body for a while before it died? Perhaps if he waited long enough, something would tell him where to go (heaven, hell, somewhere in between)?

The magic he had sensed... although his memories slipped in an out of this thoughts like allusive smoke, he recognized it was black magic, shadow magic. What was more, it was familiar. The only familiar thing he could recall, as a matter of fact. He had only but to decide to seek out the source and he was there, seeing without eyes a man, on his knees on the ground.

'This way, this way...' urged a silvery voice at the back of his mind. Something wanted to lead him away. Away... the word had never seemed so real before. Away meant away from everything, away forever. I'll go in a moment, Braylinn decided, he just wanted to see why this man seemed so horribly sad...

Even the torn up pieces of a human being didn't seem to startling to the lingering soul, only sad, like a puzzle that had been needlessly trashed.

'Hurry, hurry, you don't want to get stuck... the gates will close without you... and you'll be trapped here...' whispered the same silvery voice Braylinn had heard before. Trapped...? he didn't want to be trapped. He thought for a moment of leaving...

The man was crying. Timor was crying. His father was crying.

The memories that had been smoke became heavy crushing weights. Chains. Shackles. Leave? He couldn't leave! he could never leave! Braylinn lingered, little more then a touch of frost with consciousness, invisible to the world, listening to the sound of closing gates. The hinges creaked and called to him, but he could not go.

"Dad..." he was in front of Timor now, focusing on the man's face, oh his hands and how they looked cupping Braylinn's face. He spoke even though he knew Timor could not hear him. No one could, at least, not his words. He could never speak with the living again, not in the ways he was used to, anyway. "Dad... I... I didn't go anywhere... I'm right here..." he said. Meekly, he reached forward and attempted to touch the man's damp cheeks. His fingers drifted right through, as if he was not even there. Braylinn drew back sharply, starring for a long moment, feeling like if he could, he'd be sobbing.

Carefully, so as not to fall straight through, Braylinn shifted though his father's arms and settled against his chest. With a slight shock of surprise, he realized he could still hear the man's heart beat, just as he had before...

That was only an hour ago, at most. But things were so different now, so wrong... Braylinn was dead now, even if he wasn't gone.

((OOC- Ah no worries <3 I understand that ^___^ I just really enjoy this and really really look forward to your posts xD <33 As for what happens next... uhm, perhaps Timor can slightly sense the lingering soul? And then gathers up the pieces and takes them to his basement to stitch them back together?~))

Anonymous

His world had crumbled. Suddenly, the ground had fallen away from him, and everything that he had built up didn't exist anymore. All of his emotion was being siphoned away, to a complete and utter despair. Words simply couldn't express the tearing pain, the paternal anguish that wrenched Timor's heart. He didn't know how long he sat there, cradling his son's head to his body, sitting there in complete blankness. No thoughts could penetrate the thick emotion, nothing could get through.

All around him the rain had ceased to pitter patter. A gentle breeze picked up, caressing Timor, the broken man, clutching the broken pieces of his broken son. Such a poignant scene he made, crouching amidst the leaf litter. His clothes were bloodstained and dirty. Who would wash them, he thought, erratically. All this blood, all this dirt, who can I give my clothes to wash?

Timor thought of all the times he had gone to pick up his son from infant school. Just seeing that cheerful smiling face again, now, in this state, with both eyes missing! He bit his lip in horror at the sheer atrocity, forcing himself to look at the dark, gaping holes, forcing himself to ebb and flow with the anger. The surging waves brought him life, brought him more memories, of playing ball with Braylinn, of bandaging his wounds whenever he fell on glass. They fuelled his anger, the sense of injustice, and transformed the despair into bitter hatred.

His breathing became erratic, ragged, his eyes were now firm, resolute. Somewhere, he'd read something. In one of the deepest and darkest corners of the Necromantia Libraries, he'd stumbled across something forbidden, something which he had painstakingly scribed to parchment by candlelight. It had taken him days, weeks, even months, but by the end of these...studies...he had left the island with a copy of one of the darkest books known to black magic.

Timor would be breaking rules.

He would be breaking the rules of nature.

...He would be playing god.

Timor hurriedly gathered up the fragments, feeling for any sign of the soul still nearby. Yes, there it was, hovering ever so faintly, unwilling to let go. There was no life in the heart left, but the blood was still warm. He didn't know how long he had been sat here, but he now had to make a move on.

Once he had made a pile of every scrap he could find, Timor waved his arm and chanted an incantation under his breath. The body parts were swallowed up by a blanket of darkness, which then transformed into a bubble that rose a few feet into the air and hovered, bouncing up and down slowly. Oily rainbows danced across the gloopy darkness, forming grotesque shapes. Timor waved an arm and the bubble slowly faded, becoming transparent.

With a sigh, he began the weary trek home. It was still late at night, and he managed to avoid the group of townsfolk who were still near the barn, by cloaking himself in darkness. There was no restraint on his magic now; Timor indulged in the powers with freedom, and anger. He needed an outlet, and doing what was forbidden had always been the best way.

Back home, he opened the door with a click. Inside, all was quiet. He made his way down to his basement, meeting no problems on the way, and making sure the bubble was in front of him. Every now and then he would make it slightly visible, to see that it was still there.

Now, down in his basement, he wondered what to do next.

((Giving ya time to interlude before the big old Frankenstein do!))

Anonymous

Part of him wished he hadn't remembered. Sure, it was frightening in those long few moments before the gates (which gates? Black or Gold?) invited him inside... but the pain of that was nothing to the pain of knowing who he was... who he had been. Braylinn felt himself draw back, trying in vain to refuse... everything. It had been at least an hour, he was sure, if not more. Wouldn't someone follow his trail of blood? Anxiety twisted painfully though his consciousness. What would someone say, if they stumbled across such a macabre scene? Braylinn drifted nervously, his view drifting down the pathway into the open field for a moment or two... and then back to Timor.

The white flecks in his eyes were bright as moonlit snowflakes. Braylinn felt the chill even if he had no body to do so, but it was something familiar. It was impossible to live with the man and not know a thing of his 'hobbies', but Braylinn had no idea how deep the darkness had stained his father. As he felt the darkness around Timor flare he felt nothing but sadness, unbearable woe. He could do nothing, he was nothing at all but a helpless wisp of a soul. Still though, he found it better then being taken away (to wherever 'Away' was) and to not be close to Timor at all.

Timor was after all, the one he had been closest too. Braylinn felt guilt seep across his mind as he realized his father might not even realize that himself. But when his mother had left, Braylinn's confidence suffered. He felt worthless, like no other human being would see anything worth while in his friendship at all. He had been a horribly unsocial child, and was just this very year, slowly creeping out of his shell. But through all that time, Timor had been the one to look after him. The one to make his birthday more then just another day in the year, the one to encourage him to go to class (because sometimes, he just wanted to curl up in his room) the one who encouraged him, in short, to live. It was almost completely Timor's doing that Braylinn's reckless 'helpful' behavior had not crossed the line into dangerous self destruction.  

But just within the past year... had Braylinn let his father know that? Not as clearly as he should, Braylinn thought. Not by disobeying him and sneaking out. Not by spending time away from home, with Lily. Regret chilled Braylinn like a winter gust.

Braylinn looked back to Timor, feeling as if something inside himself was slowly cracking. At least, he thought, I wont be leaving now...

Braylinn watched with numb fascination as Timor gathered the pieces of his body, hovering close to the man's back as he moved. He felt his father's sense of awareness sweep over him, as real as if it were a physical touch. It startled him, made him veer back for a moment.

"Can you see me?" he asked suddenly, "do you know I'm here...?" even though there wasn't a direct answer, Braylinn was sure Timor knew he had chosen to stay.

He wondered what the town people would think (they would follow the trail of blood eventually) when they arrived at an empty clearing. What assumptions would they make? Braylinn worried for Timor, hoping he couldn't encounter too much trouble...

But just what was his father doing? Braylinn half expected his body to be taken to the morgue, but then realized that such transportation would not be done in the middle of the night... and not with a show of dark magic, either. So what on earth was going on?

Braylinn followed Timor like a loyal shadow through the depths of the mansion, pausing only slightly when they entered the basement. He had never been inside before, only listened at the door... but what did he have to lose now? It's not as if he would be getting scolded...

Braylinn wanted to laugh and cry at once. Would he have ever dreamed of wishing for a scolding from his father? At this point, he would have taken anything; he wished Timor would, could at least look straight at him.

Still hovering close to Timor, Braylinn let his gaze wonder around the room. Some of the items sitting sinisterly on the table tops, some of the books and portraits on the wall gave him shivers... and he was dead, what did he have to fear?  He looked back to Timor, and to where he guessed his body would be hovering, feeling uneasy and nervous. What was Timor planning?

(( No problem ^__^ Man Timors unnerving a ghost, you gotta be creepy to do that, ne?~ xD ))

Anonymous

All the pieces were scattered on the table, scattered in no particular order. The warm precious lifeblood was still seeping from them, seeping and staining the wooden table with a deep ominous burgundy. Timor gazed helplessly at the limbs, at the chunks of inanimate flesh and felt the blackness open up again. He didn't know where to start.

Candles burned fiercely at the four corners of the table, and around the dungeon, once by one, the torches spluttered into life, fixed to the stone walls by black metal sconces, that held the flames back from coming fully alive. All in all, the effect was not a pleasant one. The atmosphere was droning, heavy and mysterious. Shadows danced and flickered across the room, forming grotesque hunched shapes on the walls that capered and caterwauled.

Timor had his book out; a huge leather and gold tome that was filled with his handwritten notes. All of the pages he had copied out from the forbidden texts were all meticulously fixed in order. The writing was tiny, and neat, with all the correct loops and dots, all the diagrams accurate to the pen stroke. Timor had always been one for perfection.

He could not remember the countless hours spent in reproducing this book. Those nights came back to him, as swiftly as a whiff of a scent can throw someone back into sweet memory. He remembered the dark underground club that gathered to experiment with the darker magics in the evenings after lessons, and then after he became bored with that, his own search for knowledge that began and ended in the library. He could never forget the regal air the library instilled, the air of awe. If one imagined had enough, the grand flights of staircases ascended to a literary heaven of sorts, and the bookshelves? Thousands upon thousands, that towered above him, making him feel tiny and insignificant, a student barely making a dent in the sea of knowledge. It made him remember his sister, and the feelings associated there, and that caused a burning resolve in him, a resolve to be the best.

Slowly, Timor fell out of his reverie, and his attention returned to the inanimate lumps of flesh before him.

The heart, the heart...where was the heart!?!?

His own heart skipped a beat, but no, there it was, lying next to an arm. Timor's hand closed around the slimy organ, and held it as if it were a sacred relic, bringing it up into the light. He lowered his head, and placed his lips to the flesh, closing his eyes as he did so. A small shudder ran through his body.

He would restore his son.

No matter what it would take.

With this idea set, he began to work, laying each body part out, seeing what he had, and what was missing. He knew that he couldn't have gotten everything, back in the forest, but he hoped, oh how he hoped. After a few minutes, Timor sighed, and shook his head sadly. An arm was missing, some ribs, other body parts. Not many, but not enough to build a person.

With an angry gesture, he waved his arm over the table and muttered, "freeze."

A wave of darkness engulfed the table, which would preserve the body parts, keeping them at a low temperature until he came back from whatever crimes he was about to commit.

---

Lily led the others up the path, then to the woods, in the direction of where she had last seen Timor going. The way was hard, and she had to gather her skirts up to prevent the blood and dew from getting onto her clothing. Because the way was so spiked with tall grass and weeds, it took a long time for everybody to reach the clearing.

When they got there though, many of them wished they hadn't come.

The only sounds that filled the night were the sounds of people retching, throwing up at the sight of all the blood, and all the carnage strewn about here.

Anonymous

Braylinn was beginning to feel tired. He shifted in an out of consciousness; feeling as if he would blink, and open his eyes (or rather, restore his vision because he had no eyes) and be somewhere else. This frightened him, this uncontrollable shifting. He recalled a story Timor had read to him once, when he was very small. 'Once upon a time there was a little ghost...' Timor's voice floated my on a distant memory. 'The little ghost was lost, and had no idea where to go... and when the poor thing would close its eyes, it would open them and be somewhere else! What an unfortunate ghost...' Braylinn suddenly questioned who on earth would write such a children's book, now it seemed ridiculous!  

Braylinn watched as the parts of his body were lain across the table, feeling sickness begin to creep over him. The question ran on repeat through his mind, 'what is father doing?' even as he refused the most obvious answer. He knew his father dabbled in things he shouldn't... but surely, he wouldn't- he couldn't do something so extreme...?

He stilled, froze, petrified was Timor lifted the heart, and brought it to his lips. Before logic had any say, the poor boy's fear spiked. Despite the raising of the flames, it dropped at least five noticeable degrees in one single instant, and a radio that was sitting unplugged on a desk tucked into the corner, suddenly sparked to life.

Painful static bled through the speakers, only moments of words and music struggling through.

I-... a spell.... because... -ou're miiiiiiine.... -etter stop... know better, dad-

Braylinn turned startled to look at the radio, wished it to be silent and it was. Slowly the temperature climbed. Braylinn looked back to Timor, frightened, floating like a cool breeze to the man's side without ever meaning to move.

"What are going to do...?" he asked more out of habit then anything, knowing Timor wouldn't hear him (or at least, assuming as much).  He felt a little ill still, a tiny frantic part of his mind insisting he should have gone through those gates, no matter where they lead too. He pushed the voice away, but had very little else to cling too. He told himself all this fear was because of his own death, and yes Timor was acting strange, but... look at what he had stumbled across. Braylinn felt sympathy combat his fear, and over that the urge to stay with Timor and not be alone, and over that the urge to run away.

--

Someone had stumbled across an arm, literally. The poor lady had dropped her lamp, the glass shattering, the contained fireflies darting away into the night. She whimpered, terrified to look down, though she could feel the blood seep into the hem of her skirt.

Something must have eaten the boy, was the general consensus; although there was supposedly nothing in the woods big enough to consume whole human beings. The townspeople murmured nervously of Timor, questioning if perhaps he had gone after this phantom beast...

((OOC- I wasn't sure if Timor was going grave robbing or going back to the forest, so I set it up so you can go either way :) Also, that song, it's "I put a spell on you" the Nina Simone version, in case you're a nerd like me and wanna hear it so you get the idea what it sounds like x3 ))

Anonymous

((I think I have heard that song before, hehe! And if you wanna know what Timor's gonna do next, then read onwards, bwahahaha! Have you heard the song of the RP title yet? It's called The White One Is Evil by Elliot Minor. The link is here, and the lyrics "standing, stalling, always falling" appear at about 1 min 40 secs. I watched the video just now, and didn't realise how atmospheric it was! Watch out for bits in this post, hehe. Remove the spaces between the address~ http : // www . youtube . com / watch?v=xsqFqaBNqkc ))

Timor swept to the entrance of the dungeon, and paused, regarding the room oddly. There was the strangest feeling, deep in his stomach. It started from his belly button, tingling, and he had the oddest sensation of a cord leading out and joining to something else, almost as if it were an umbilical cord and he was back in the womb. But that was ridiculous. Humans had no conscious thoughts back then.

He shook off this eerie feeling, and raised his hand. The radio, which had crackled into life earlier, flew off the table and smashed to the ground. With a sudden snap, he turned on his heel and left the dungeon. The door clamoured shut behind him, and the locks slid into place, sealing the secrets of the forbidden room away from all prying eyes.

Timor hurried through the cold stone corridors, up the flight of stairs and let himself back into the warmth of his mansion. The portrait swung shut behind him, and Timor made his way up to his master bedroom, passing all the paintings whose eyes followed his every footstep, past the statues who seemed to press judgement upon him, and past the sleeping snoring bodies of all those who served him in this house. He glanced at his reflection in a gilt mirror, noting the haggard features, his thin drawn face. How different it looked now! He caught the reflection of the clock features on the mantelpiece behind him; the hands read an inverted version of two o'clock.

Two in the morning.

Fumbling around in his wardrobe, Timor pulled out the items he would need. He donned a black shirt, black trousers, and placed a white mask over his face, hiding his white flecked eyes from the world. The mask was that of the type the doctors had worn in Old Venice; white bone, anonymous, with a curved beak that covered his nose. He threw a black cloak on and picked up a cane. At the door to his mansion, Timor slipped on soft, black leather boots. Now the outfit was complete, and he left the building with as much ritual as he'd had when donning the clothing.

He would save his son, even though logic said that it wasn't possible. And once Braylinn was back, Timor rued that he would never let his son out of his sight ever again. In thanks, in gratitude for bringing life back, Braylinn would be grateful. Timor would make sure of that.

He strode confidently through the deserted streets. His footsteps clacked upon the cobblestones, and with his walking cane, he made quite the ghostly figure. Flourishing his free hand- both hands had been gloved in black – a silvery mist crept up, swirling around his ankles, and clinging to his body. It left puffy trails, and anyone who saw him would immediately think he was an apparition. But he didn't really need the mist, for the rain had stopped, and because the ground was warm, the moisture was evaporating, and condensing in the air at ground level as tiny droplets of mist.

How deliciously atmospheric, he thought, in an almost jolly fashion. Humming a tune to himself, Timor followed the path that girdled the other side of the forest Braylinn had died in, crossed an old rickety iron bridge, and continued to follow this path. Pretty soon, he came to the gates of a cemetery. The gates held little resistance for him. Timor realised that he was using his magic freely, and without restraint, but frankly he didn't care. It gave him something to channel his energies towards, something to have complete control over.

Inside, he made his way down the little paths, walking past all the mossy graves, until he came to the newer part of the cemetery. There were still fresh bodies here. Their skin would be a little grey, but it wouldn't matter. No, it wouldn't. Humming the same tune, Timor scratched his head, wondering where to begin.

((He'll probably go back to the forest at some point, because he knows right now that there will be too many people around.))

Anonymous

The radio shattering knocked the temperature down another few degrees. Braylinn felt as if he was holding his breath, which was ridiculous because he wasn't even breathing. A heavy anxiety crept over him and settled as if it planned on staying. Timor was using his magic so freely, more so then he ever had before. Braylinn couldn't even recall a time his father had used his magic when he thought Braylinn was paying attention, perhaps once or twice when he thought he could get away with it. Small things though, or impulsive things, like catching a glass before it fell, just by twisting the shadows.

Braylinn knew it was wrong, but kept quiet about it. It wasn't as if his father was doing anything wrong, or ever hurt anyone, as far as he knew. Besides, despite Timor's harshness from time to time, he had to urge to see his father locked up.

But this, this was far more then Timor had ever done, and Braylinn knew, as he looked at his body in pieces on the table, that he had not yet seen the main act. It was getting harder and harder to ignore what he thought his father might do. He wasn't sure at all how to feel; the impulse of course was to be happy, as he imagined regaining some physical form, some presence. But then, he recalled horror stories he had heard, things he was sure his father would tell him were only to scare away the weak minded.

But it was no less frightening when he remembered the tales. The worst was the story that the dead brought back were nothing but empty shells, soulless hungry things that did nothing but wonder, puppets on their master's strings, and crave for flesh. Surly it would be different, Braylinn thought, allowing himself for one wild moment to believe that was actually was Timor was planning to do. Braylinn would not be an empty shell, he still had (and in fact was) a soul. But, that was only one problem.

Would he crave flesh, like undead were supposed to?

Would he be a puppet?

Timor would not do that to his own son, Braylinn thought. But the man was already upstairs, and although Braylinn did not follow he could see his father, as if the walls were transparent. He was dressing to leave... dawning a mask. There were less ominous things to cover his face with, and yet...

Braylinn looked back to his body, trying to keep his gaze away from the empty holes where eyes should be. An arm, and some ribs, at least, were missing. Missing... and Timor was heading out, wearing a mask.

Braylinn felt the room tip, over and over until it was sheer upside down. He had lost grip on himself for a moment, the ghostly akin to fainting, stumbling, or falling. He hovered there, looking down at himself, slowly letting his gaze creep to his own empty eye sockets.

He felt like he wanted to be violently sick as he wondered, 'What about eyes...?'

Braylinn couldn't get away from it now, the realization of what was happening. He could sense Timor was leaving, but what could he do? Follow him? Could he bare to see his own father dig up graves for him? What sort of twist on parental love was that? For a moment Braylinn wished he had left and he didn't remember any of this, but the moment passed and he felt nothing but guilt for hid thoughts.

'Look what my carelessness did to him...' Braylinn thought, sinking and sinking, until he was through himself and under the table, shivering in an odd way only ghosts can. Had it always been like this? Every time Braylinn came home injured, had Timor felt a tiny fraction of what he was feeling now? 'Look what I did to him... look what I'm making him do...' Never in his life had Braylinn wanted to repent with some sort of pain. He'd never injure himself, oh no, but he often just let other things happen to him without trying to prevent them.

And now he thought he deserved it, which only made him feel worse. It was of course the fault of that very impulse that he had tried to help out Lily. It was his carelessness that lead him into the forest. It was his pain that had attracted the dragon. Braylinn remained curled into himself under the table, willing himself not to see.

Suddenly everything felt so horribly wrong.

(( OOC- Cool! I shall be sure to give that song a listen, thanks! ^___^ ))

Anonymous

"Oh, I don't have a shovel with me," Timor murmured absentmindedly to himself.

Scratching his head in that detached way of his that was becoming all too...creepy, he let his eyes roam the cemetery, until his attention was arrested by what appeared to be a small building of sorts. It must be the place where the undertaker worked, for the building was just as gloomy and sepulchral as the rest of the cemetery. Just as eerie, just as atmospheric.

Heading for the building, Timor strode past crumbling stones, catching the hem of his cloak on the tufts of dewy grass. The dewdrops were jewels under the light of the silvery moon, jewels that only held value whilst night [heh heh *points to self*] reigned in her dark resplendent glory. Timor's feet found the path and his boots crunched under gravel, as he walked the white path up to the undertaker's domain. He didn't bother to try the door to see if it was locked, no he simply snapped his fingers and the door swung open.

Inside, the air was cool and damp. Cream marble walls enclosed the cloaked form, as Timor walked once around, inspecting the architecture. The building gave way to one large room only. In the middle was a huge slab of grey veined marble, presumably the table where they laid the dead for preparation. In each corner of the room, a large column rose up to the ceiling, which was domed, and painted with a frieze depicting the gates of heaven. How hallowed, how touching, he thought, with something of a smirk that held a hint of faint arrogance.

None of the cupboards held what he was looking for; however he did find a shovel and a lantern, both of which he took. Turning his attention back to the centre of the room, he walked up to the table, and removed his mask, placing it on the cold surface. Timor wiped his forehead, and then peered at the underside of the table. There was a handle here, that when pulled, caused a section of the marble slab to slide out, revealing all sorts of tools. Scalpels, tongs...most of them were blunt, or of poor quality. The instruments he had back home were of so much higher quality. But, he'd left his mansion in haste and had forgotten to pack accordingly, so these crude tools would have to make do.

Timor selected his instruments of choice, and slid the shelf shut. He donned his mask, picked up the shovel, and lit the lantern with the matches he'd found. The lantern spluttered into use, emitting a watery yellow light in addition to the stuffy smell of burning fat. Leaving the place, he hurried back to the graves he had selected, and so began his task of unearthing them, a deed so atrocious that he cloaked himself in flickering darkness to avoid the eye of the benevolent gods.

He had long since stopped believing in a greater power of good, but childhood superstition still clung to him like a second skin. What Timor believed in was power.

Another passage of time passed, before he finally struck the hard wood of a coffin. The wood was still sound, for it had only been laid into the ground a month ago. He opened the lid of the coffin, and studied it's contents. The body inside was mangled, the result of a tragic horse and carriage accident. Braylinn had cried for a week after the death of his friend Luke. Well, now he and Luke will be together for the rest of eternity, Timor thought, with a dark smile.

There wasn't much he could salvage. A few bones, an eye, and a hand.

Covering the grave back up was easy. All he did was to wave a hand and the mountain of earth rained down into the hole. The reason he didn't just use his magic to uncover the coffins was because he hadn't fully mastered it yet. His magic was still unpredictable, unsubtle, very blunt. It couldn't be used for something as delicate as this.

Over the course of the night, he unearth two more graves, and took from them various body parts. The next body had barely begun to rot, so fresh was it that he found almost everything he was looking for. The second body however, although six months old, contained the last thing he wanted, an eye.

The sky was at that liminal space between night and day, by the time he finished. Cracks of golden light were beginning to creep over the horizon, battling the resigned tendrils of night. Timor himself, was exhausted. He had used up most of his reserves of his magic, following the wake of his son's death. He hadn't thought, hadn't rationed it out. And now, he was feeling the effects of the comedown. His eyes sported dark rings, and his skin had taken on an unhealthy tinge. Breathing was laboured, and a thin sheen of sweat caused his hair to clump together in tufts.

Timor knew he didn't have much time. He collected everything together, and found a sack back in the undertaker's building. He put all the tools back in their respective compartments, and dumped the body parts unceremoniously into the sack. Making sure everything was in its natural order, Timor left the cemetery. Instead of heading home, however, he took a detour and headed away, in the direction of the forest, trusting in the belief that anyone who saw him would think he wasn't real. To solidify that effect, he gathered what reserves he had left, and used his magic to create a shimmering aura around him.

Back in the forest, Timor used the watery light from the rising sun to search the leaf litter for anything, anything else he could find.

"Damnations!" He cried, enraged, after a few minutes of futility.

Those stupid fucking villagers must've taken everything else! He kicked the stump of a tree, causing the leaves to flutter down, showering him in sympathy. Breathing hard, he stood still for a minute, allowing himself to calm back down, before starting on his journey back home.

((Hmm...does anyone see him in the forest? That could be interesting...))

Anonymous

Faint feminine sobs floated through the air like somber blue butterflies. The blood upon the ground had dried, the grass and ground caked in dark brown streaks. The huge dip in the ground left by the dragon (something akin to a nest, created by the sheer wight of him landing) was occupied by two bodies.

"Are you sure...?" came the familiar voice of Lily, whom was sitting shivering on her knees.  In through the huge gap in the canopy (where the dragon had crashed through) poured watered down sunlight, which colored the girl's tears like fresh clear honey.

"I'm sure, kitten," came the kind response. A man stood at her side, clad in white robes with gold detailing, his hair a uninteresting shade of brown with a breath of red highlights, his eyes the exact same shade of Lily's.

"I can't believe all we found was an arm," she said, another plague of shivers creeping down her body. "I didn't think anything in this forest could eat a whole human..." she looked down in complete terror at the 'nest' they inhabited, stiffly shaking her head. "Are you sure he'll be able to you... you know..." she couldn't put it into words without making it sound a little cliche, "be able to... cross over, or... have a good after life or-?"

"Yes sweetheart, I'm sure. I am the authority on the subject, remember. It's unfortunate we don't have a body... but there's no need to worry. I'll preform a ceremony to bless his spirit, okay?"

Lily sniffled, attempting to dry her damp face with her sleeve. "O-okay..."

The Priest smiled as best he could, trying not to look as worried as he was. Yes, a ceremony would certainly be in order. If Braylinn's body had been eaten, it would have at least been a more natural reason for the lack of a body then what the Priest was currently suspecting.

The style of nest, how far the blood was splattered, the odd white flakes that could be found here and there on the ground... It pointed to the attack of a Bone Dragon, and those creatures did not consume flesh.

So it left the burning question, where was the body? The Priest chose not to share this information with his daughter, at least not at that point in time, knowing at it would do was upset her more.

The pair of them noticed at the very same moment, an odd spectral glimmer filtering through the trees.

"How long has it been there...?" Lily whispered.

"I don't know..." from under the hem of his robe The Priest took a cross, it's bright body seeming to emit some sort of holly light. The man could do no (or very little) magic, but it did not mean he couldn't carry a few useful white magic items.  

Lily tugged nervously on her father's sleeve, "D-do you think it could be Braylinn?" but before she bothered to listen to the answer, she lifted from her father's side and darted into the trees.

"Lily, wait-" but the girl was already gone. She ran gracelessly into the trees, eyes (now blurring with tears) set on the sparkling, eerie ghostly glow. Without quite expecting to, she bumped into someone quite solid. With an alarmed yelp she tumbled back, just in time to be caught as her father swooped up behind her. His eyes widened at what he saw: a form clad in sinister black, dawning a white mask and cane, holding a heavy bag that reeked of death. What sort of horrible demon was this?! His hand tightened fearfully, then fiercely on his cross. Was this the fiend that had taken Braylinn-?

"M... Mr. Nex...?" came Lily's fragile frightened voice. The Priest's eyes widened one more fraction, and then narrowed. She recognized him? Meaning this thing was.... human?! His grip around his daughter tightened protectively.  

"What have you done man?" he hissed, eyes narrowed dangerously, "what have you done?!"

--

The torches had flickered out long ago, but Braylinn had no problem seeing at all. The thin but unbelievably cold ice that coated his lifeless body glimmered like silver, as the skin under it adapted the faintest, almost unnoticeable touch of gray. He had not noticed before, to frightened to look at himself for more then a moment, but his hair (where it was not stained in blood) had turned shock-white.

He could not bare to look before, and now he could not look away. His hand passed through his milk-white hair, not displacing a single thread. Braylinn felt a violent shiver pass through him as he ripped back his hand, forcing himself to look away.

It had been hours, he was sure, but the only life he could sense in the house was of their servants, raising from their beds to find no one in the house. their confused footsteps fluttered above him.

He craved and dreaded  Timor's return.

(( sorry for not writing more about Bray, he's mostly just stuck there waiting until Timor comes back xD Also, as before Lily and Priest guy are NPCs so feel free to do whatever you want with them <3 ))

Anonymous

Nightly senses still clung to him, like tendrils of white mist. So, why didn't he notice the girl, until it was too late? Timor had been treading the path, backtracking wearily through the forest, hoping to hell that he could make it back before his legs gave way. What a night it had been. His energy had all but run out now; it seemed he was now running on some unknown reserves, something deep within his body which he seemed to have tapped into.

He had been in such a world of his own that Timor actually stumbled upon impact, sending all tendrils of darkness suddenly shattering. For an instant he blinked, not quite sure where he was or what he was doing. Staring at the girl through his mask- something he was so glad he had donned – he realised he was staring at the eyes of Lily.

"M... Mr. Nex...?"

How her faltering voice grated his nerves right there and then! Timor was so fed up of Lily, of the way she fawned around his son, the way she hung around the gates of his mansion, always waiting for Braylinn, always getting in the way! He would've done anything to shut this simpering excuse for a human being up permanently, and probably would've done, if a) he had adequate magic to tap into, and if b) the other man hadn't just stepped out from the trees.

His eyes flickered over to the other man, who must be some relative of hers, judging from the protective way he hung back, shielding Lily. Timor hazarded a guess that this man was her father, for he had the same doe eyes. He really should've known who this man was, for Timor, to keep up appearances, went to church every week. But whether or not his mind was confined inside the old stone building was another matter. Church was a time for him to review his finances, take notes on his life, and to look over his new advances in the dark arts.

Timor did not like the way the man was looking at him, or at the judgements the man was forming. It was not looking good, if Lily had been able to recognise him. But how...?

"What have you done man? What have you done?!"

He hated the priest types. They were so self-righteous, thinking they held authority, when it was nothing but an illusion, an excuse to wield weak power.

With a snort, Timor decided that it would be worth this one last push. He would pay the toll for how deeply he had drank from the dark well later, but for now, he uttered an incantation that would summon a shadow to do his bidding.

"Hide me, and fill their minds with confusion!" He hissed, as the misty tendrils began to form around his own body enveloping him in smoke, and causing him to become ethereal, to become a shadow himself. He could feel his own atoms turning transparent and insubstantial, and knew that there would be a blood price to pay for this invocation.

There was a harsh grating laugh that echoed throughout the forest and a pair of fiery red eyes flickered into life from amongst the swelling darkness. In a booming voice, the shadow spirit cackled, and went straight for the minds of Lily and the Priest whilst Timor disappeared, and took a shortcut of darkness to get home.

Back home, Timor dumped his things inside the bubble of darkness in the dungeon, feeling his mind slip farther and farther. It was so hard to hold on, his vision was blurring so much. The table was sliding, the floor giving way. He didn't know how, but somehow he ended up on his bed, and the next thing he knew, he had been swallowed up by the darkness.

---

Lily and her father felt their minds growing heavy, felt the ground rushing up to meet them. Blanketed by leaf litter, and swallowed by mist, Lily slumped to the ground beside her father. For some reason, she felt so tired, and couldn't quite remember what had just happened. No, everything felt foggy, jumbled up, wrong.

Sleep, a voice whispered to them both. Sleep, and dream. Sleep, and dream, and forget.

The man hadn't commanded him to make any carnage, so the spirit hovered around resentfully, moving away from the forest. Perhaps he would have a little bit of fun elsewhere, and then seek payment from the man later...

((Hmm, we shouldn't kill Lily off yet...feel free to control the spirit!! I'm gonna do a dream sequence next, that takes place in the shadow lands...maybe Timor and Braylinn can meet up there? *ponders*))

Anonymous

The moment the door swung open, Braylinn snapped back to attention, looking to the entrance of the secret room. A long moment passed where he expected something horrible, and yet Timor hardly spent a whole minute inside before turning to leave again. He dropped off a bag (which Braylinn refused to give any attention to, already positive he knew what it contained) and simply left, looking as if he was about to pass out. Braylinn lifted himself from the floor, hovering for a few moments of hesitation, worry blanketing his thoughts. What had happened? Why did Timor suddenly look so ill? Braylinn watched his father through the walls, alarmed when Timor suddenly collapsed onto his bed.

Without deciding to, Braylinn floated up through the house like wayward smoke, setting just beside Timor's bed.

"What have you done to yourself...?" he said sadly, able to sense the sheer fatigue, the near depleted energy. It frightened him, because he had felt a very similar drowsiness swollow himself, just before death. "What have you been doing all night..." Braylinn watched Timor's sleeping face, unable to block the memory of such a face twisted in sadness, eyes bleeding tears. He remembered Timor holding his head, his heart.

Braylinn suddenly felt very dizzy. He had been dead hardly a day, and his father was slowly destroying himself.

"I'm not worth so much trouble, you know..." he mumbled sadly, wishing he could do something about the incriminating dirt clinging to Timor's clothing. He could sense the heavy resonance of some dark magic, and reluctantly wondered just what Timor had spent the night doing (other then robbing graves). "Maybe I should have followed you..." he thought out loud. But then, what use would he have been? Feeling tired more then he ever had in his life, Braylinn settled on the very edge of his father's lavish bed (which was ridiculous, because the floor felt the same to him as the bed, so why bother?) and shut his eyes.

But, instead of seeing blackness, what happened instead was the distinct feeling of blinking. Only, after that fraction of darkness, where there should have been Timor's bedroom, there was not. Braylinn blinked several times, attempting to 'reset' this strange new reality and arrive back to the semi-familiar room, but it was no good.

He looked around in slight panic; it was so incredibly dark here.

"H-hello?" he called out meekly, and then wondered out loud "where am I...?"

--

Lily's eyes snapped open some time later. Every nerve prickled in panic, in a mad rush to find out any broken parts, any damage or wounds. But there was none. It simply felt as if she had closed her eyes for a quick nap.

Her eyes caught sight of something glowing in the grass, her father's blessed cross. She panicked, without knowing why, her memory formless and fleeting, like smoke. Looking around in a panic, she spotted her father not to far away. His breathing was shallow as he lay on his back, starring blindly up to the canopy. Lily scrambled over to him, the cross clutched tightly to her chest.  

"Dad? Are you okay? What happened?-" she suddenly fell quiet, a sharp horrified gasp cutting into her throat. Her father's eyes were completely black, like two polished spheres of coal.

"Lily?" he reached out blindly for her, until her shaking little hand finally reached out for his, and held it tightly. "Lily? Are you alright?"

"Y-yeah... d-dad, what happened? You're eyes..."

"I don't know... I can't quite remember," he gave a weak laugh, "All I knew was I was really worried about you... do you remember?"

"No..." Lily shook her head, grasping at the memories that she could feel where there, but not quite realize.

((OOC- I couldn't think of anything for the shadow to do D: *lame* I'm sorry ^_^;; And I didnt describe the shadow land to much cuz... I wasn't sure what you wanted it to look like ^_^;;; ))

Anonymous

There was something that he had forgotten to do. It was nagging at the back of Timor's mind, something serious, something that could have disastrous consequences, but, like dreams, the thoughts became liquid and slipped through his grasping fingers like the water that quested perpetually for the bottom of the world. Timor sighed, and the furrowed frowns vanished from his face as he slid further and further from this world, anchored onto to his body by a desire to wake up.

Timor found himself walking somewhere, this time for real. He was in astral projection, for he was walking in a place he had never been to before, but the only problem was, he seemed to have no control of where he was going.

This was an extremely surreal experience for him, and suddenly, a ghostly figure rose up from the ground. She was veiled in virgin white, a beautiful bride, with heavily lidded eyes that were half closed. So, so pale was the ghostly bride, and Timor was flung back into the days at university when he and his friends had tried to call the ghostly bride late, late at night. Now, she rose up, twirled for a second, before sinking back into the ground, which swirled around her like a black cesspool.

It was this that made Timor realise that wherever he was going, it was a place where his thoughts had a huge amount of influence. He had placed his attention upon the ghostly bride for a split second, and yet, when he looked around him, it seemed as though he had entered a long corridor. Huge windows that scaled from ceiling to floor were spaced at regular intervals, and as he walked past them, all he could see outside was a dull greyness. His footsteps echoed down the lonely corridors, through empty halls, and past vacant space. Each footstep echoed for a few seconds, and was then swallowed up by the silence.

Everything was so grey, so ashen.

The ceiling gradually opened, and the walls gradually faded until, he was walking outside, amongst the rise and fall of the dull plains. The sky had darkened to a lead grey, the colour of puddles, and still, his feet carried him forwards, trampling over millions upon millions of grains of grey, sparkling sand. There was no source of light, and yet there was a ghostly glow emanating from all around him.

"The shadow lands," Timor whispered, voice caught half-way up his throat.

Shadow lands, shadow lands...shadows...

And then it was swallowed up by the emptiness.

The shadow lands, the liminal space between places, the waiting room for the departed. What was he doing here!?

The sand gave way to dead grassy plains. Here and there, thorns and barbed wire dotted the barren landscape. All the way so far, he hadn't seen another sign of life. And then he came to a single red rose, with a green stem, and green leaves. The flower had barely unfurled. Thinking of nothing better to do, Timor plucked the flower from the ground. The petals opened, and one by one they dropped off, leaving the centre of the rose with the stamen and filaments and stigma, and also, a single trembling blue droplet, that was the colour of Braylinn's eyes. It shimmered for a second, before dispersing into a thousand tiny droplets that scattered and disappeared. The rose shrivelled up, and crumbled to dust in Timor's fingers. With an anguished yell, he bent down to search for a fragment, anything that was left, but it had all dissolved into the void.

And then a shadow fell across him, and a voice spoke.

It was a quiet voice, a voice with no hint of authority, simply meek obedience.

A voice he knew all too well.

((This could be the meeting between Braylinn and Timor? The last chance Timor has of letting go? Let me know what you think!!))