Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The path less taken (Shizzy the mean slave driving face)

Started by Anonymous, May 08, 2008, 12:07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

It was a good thing Linia had eaten the flower. In it's raw state it did give her a shot of speed, making her heart race. She was going to be able to make one hell of a potion with it. And it did make it a little easier to follow the quicklings rapid chatter.

"Well, that is why people name plants. So they can call them by a shorter, easier to remember name. It makes more sense. At least to me anyway. But Fyuni is a lovely name and I shall make sure to call you that." The alchemist blushed a bit as the quickling poked at her embarrassingly pale legs. She was quite aware of how horribly white she was. She couldn't seem to go all pretty and translucent or get some gorgeous honey all over tan. She was always some awkward and unattractive middle.

"N-no. I don't get as much sun as I would like. Alchemy tends to keep my indoors a lot. But...um...I've been getting out more." Linia felt oddly defensive about it. She was finding the tiny pink girl rather pleasant if somewhat odd company. And she didn't want her to think she was a total loser. She held her arm out, where her skin was slightly darker. Which more meant it wouldn't glow in the dark, "See?"

At the comment about someone's heart beating like a hummingbird, Linia had a surprisingly similar mental image. Which made her give a soft laugh. She was sure it wouldn't be funny if it actually happened. but it was funny to think about someone flailing around like a hummingbird.

As the quickling sprawled out in the sun, Linia started to pull a few things out of her bag. It would be a rough first test, but she would see what she could make with her new flowers and some speed enhancers. That hopefully wouldn't explode her chest, "Well, I might win if I pushed you into the water. Or toss a tangleweb your way. You never said I couldn't fight dirty." Linia grinned over at the girl to show she was kidding. The alchemist was far to straight laced to ever think about cheating.

Anonymous

This wasn't a bad thing like caffeine or sugar. Well. There was still that strange crash that you might have of course, but it was merely your body returning to normal. It wouldn't dip down below normal or anything like that, you probably would only feel a little sluggish. That was the good thing! She had tried things like caffeine and sugar, they only made her tired after a while, not a very good thing. She hated that feeling.

"That I suppose makes sense. But we don't really name things. We pick up names from Elves and what not. They all seem to have names for things. It's very peculiar." She never really understood how they could name EVERYTHING. You'd run out of words eventually right? Though...the Elves were pretty imaginative so...there was no real telling what might happen! Maybe they were just making it all up...er...well probably they were.

Ahem.

"You should be able to do everything outside, or at least near a window and stuff! Though you'd have to be without clothing so if you don't want people to see you'll hafta be on a top floor or something." Wouldn't she want to be free after all? And to not be so pale? Tanning was the perfect solution, and since she wanted to work too well...it all made sense to her at least!

The sun felt really nice though, it was so warm and it just felt so great. How could Linia shun herself away from this sort of thing. And inside a forest it was also rather cool! So the warmth on the skin but also the coolness surrounding her, it was a perfect balance. "Unless I can run on water! Though, tanglewebs are a little tricky!" She could cut them if she wanted to...burning them would be bad. It would be very bad to say the least.

"This'll be fun though!" Fyuni sat up, grinning as she looked to her new friend. Who would have thought that meeting a human would have been such a good thing! She didn't expect there to be such fun with one, even though she seemed a little bit of a bookworm. But, she was an alchemist, they needed to know their stuff or else...well there would be trouble after all. People getting the wrong potions and what not, no doubt dying and all that.

Anonymous

The rush of speed from the plant was rather enjoyable. Everything seemed a bit sharper around her. And it was much easier to keep up with Fyuni. The quickling still had to keep slowed down or she would easily leave Linia behind, but the alchemist wasn't sturggling to follow her words anymore.

"Do you know a lot of elves?" Linia thought elves were amazing. They were so graceful and beautiful and slender and exotic. They were the poler opposite of the dumpy alchemist and that just made them all the more appealing to her.

At Fyuni's next comments, she flushed a rather embarrassed red. The very idea of waltzing around naked like that! There was no way she could do that! Someone would see! The girl rapidly shook her head, a few strands of her think hair sliding out of their bun to hang around her shoulders, "Oh...no! Goodness! I could never do that! I-I'll just be stuck pale it seems!"

When the subject switched to something she was much more comfortable with she relaxed a little, her blush slowly starting to fade, "Running on water would put a damper on my perfect plan. Hmmmm." Linia smiled over at the small pink girl, "You may have stumped me." Dirty thinking were not Linia's strong point.

Anonymous

If the woman thought this rush was amazing and hard to follow, really she should think about what Fyuni saw all the time. How sharp things might have been, how clear they were, and just how strange they were for her. Not to mention how agonizingly painful seeing some slow things were for her. After all, she was always in a constant state of haste. She was always in such a rush, always running, always talking quickly and what not.

"Well...I know some of them. A couple here and there really. They think that just because some of my people turned to dark magic that I'm also with them and studying magic. Pah. I already have all that i need, why would I need something like dark magic?" It was a rhetorical question really. Fyuni could just laugh at the thought of that. Her using magic! Sure she could talk to trees and stuff but...that wasn't magic, that was just natural for her.

Fyuni laughed as she shook her head. "Don't be such a prude. Your skin is natural after all.You shouldn't be ashamed of it. Besides, you'll be inside. Unless you want people to watch then you can do it in your backyard." She didn't seem at all bothered by this. After all, being naked was the most natural thing. That's how she had been b orn after all, and until the elves and humans told her she needed to be clothed because of something or other

"I don't know if I can run on water...I know that I can swim really nice. The hooves work very well." Fyuni said as she looked to the water carefully. Hm. Would it be prudent to try and run on the water right now perhaps? If she did and failed then she would be wet and her clothes would be wet. And she might be embarrassed. However, if she succeeded then...well that might be interesting to know!

Hrm.

Maybe later.

Anonymous

As the girl worked, her movements were slightly jerky at first as she worked out how to get her brain and her limbs to work together correctly at this speed. It didn't take too long for her to figure it out. She didn't have the proper work station she would have liked, but she hadn't had one of those in ages. Hers was back across the sea in Necromantia.

"You are so lucky to know elves. They're all so pretty!" Linia's head lifted from her work at the dark magic comments, "Dark magic?" Linia didn't know a lot about magic and after hearing so many people say necromancy was evil when it so obviously wasn't, she had always figured that magic wasn't evil, only the caster, "What is dark magic?"

Linia was a little curious about the others like Fyuni having turned to dark arts, but she wasn't really sure if she should bring that up. It seemed a bit rude. So she kept quite. Until Fyuni made her blush return with a vengeance, "I am not a prude! I just...don't think people should be naked all over the place. Me in particular! A-and how would I get a tan inside. That is silly."

The poor alchemist was blushing all over and looked quite flustered. She was talking almost as fast as the slowed down Fyuni was, her words almost jumbling together into one long one, "And I am not going into my backyard naked!"

When the small fae glanced out over the water, Linia's gaze followed as well, her face still bright red. She was glad of a subject change, "That would be amazing if you could run on water. You would have to go really fast. And probably have something to push off of, or you'll lose momentum. Wouldn't you?" Linia wasn't actually sure. But she rather wanted to find out, "Why don't you try? At worst you get to swim on a nice day."

Anonymous

Poor Linia, if she thought it was bad now trying to sort out her limbs and her mind, it was going to be worse no doubt on an actual speed potion. Fyuni was lucky, she had been born this way, this fast, so she never really had to get used to it. Sure, she had been born, learned to walk and talk, but for her it had been just like everyone else. There was no difference between it really.

"Are they? I hadn't really noticed. They're all too stuck up for my tastes." Always going on about the beauty of nature and how they were blessed by something or other and how their magic was so old and so wise. Blech. It just disgusted her really. They were just so...uppity about themselves, always trying to have the most beautiful things. Sometimes she wondered if it were all just an act of some sort. "Y'know...dark magic. Blood magic, power over the dead, desecration magic, demonic powers, that sort of thing. The darker side of magic, where pain and suffering rules." Fyuni thought everyone had an understanding of the dark magic, the evil magic so to speak.

"Well you open a window of course, let the light in. That way no one sees you, and you can still tan in private!" This couldn't have been difficult could it? If the sun shone in through a window and she lay down in front of it, people wouldn't see her! Then she could do whatever she wanted. Sort of. Granted she'd have to do it from the floor but still. Almost everything could be done from such a low height. "Alright alright, don't be naked then, be all pale and white."

"Wouldn't it just though? I'd have to run like I've never run before...Hrm..." Fyuni sat up as she watched the water very critically. "But if I didn't make it, I'd get my clothes wet, and I'd have to wait for them dry. That could take an hour or two. What could I do till then? I'd have to...heaven's forbid...sit and wait! No no, that seems like a bad idea." Fyuni lay back once more, shaking her head. The thought was tempting...running across water but...if she failed then...yeah.

Waiting.

Blech!

Anonymous

The alchemist was starting to get a feel for it the more she dealt with it. She couldn't imagine what it must be like for Fyuni. Always moving so fast. It was fun to do for a while, but Linia wouldn't want her senses running like this all the time.

"Power over the dead isn't a dark magic. That's just Necromancy. That's normal. Though yes, magic that causes pain and things like that can't be good. I'm sorry elves think that you would do that. You seem much to nice to do anything like that." Granted, Linia tended to trust just about anyone she met. She wasn't stupid, but she just tended to assume most people were nice and telling her the truth.

The alchemist stuck her tongue out at Fyuni as she sprinkled a little crushed powder into her potion. It was almost ready...she hoped, "So I'm a little pale. It's not that bad." Except for the fact that it was. Other then her face and arms, the girl could almost glow in the dark, "And I'm sure that somewhere it's highly fashionable to be so pale."

As she swirled the potion, dissolving the powder into it, she turned her attention back to the water, "It's a warm day. Even if you fell in, your clothes wouldn't take that long to dry. And if you ran fast, I'm sure they would dry even faster! You should try it! What is the worst that would happen?"

Anonymous

Fyuni was ALMOST compelled to want to try the new potion when it was all over. Really. If she was like this already, she'd be like some sort of super speedy speed freak. She'd probably be able to pass through things she'd move so fast. Woah. That was actually a fun thought. Still. It was probably not a good idea to try it though. She didn't much want to see her going THAT fast. It would be so very...well...disorientation.

"Eeeeeeeh. Depends on your look at the world. The elves respect nature. Death is part of nature. It's the end. It says 'Okay, you've lived your life, time for you to make room.' then you die. That's natural. Raising a corpse, soulless, or with soul locked inside, unnatural. Too unnatrual. That's against the natural order so...Necromancy can be looked on as a dark magic." Fyuni shrugged though, that was just how things were. She didn't care what the elves thought of her. She was better off without them anyway.

"Well, maybe one day you'll find that place and be the talk of the town with your perfect skin then." Fyuni joked with her, sticking her tongue out at the woman. She should just get some sun! There would be nothing wrong with that after all! And then she could look fashionable almost everywhere after all.

"But it's so boring waiting! And you'd probably die of fright if I walked about naked around you." Fyuni pointed out, just by how the girl had reacted to their previous talk. "But...I suppose I could give it a try." Slowly Fyuni stood up and walked over to the water, her hoof moving over the water to test it for a moment. Eek! Cold! Hrm. Well this would be bad if she failed. Fyuni took a few steps back and a deep breath before she sped off toward the pond.

For a moment, it looked like she was going to do something. Her feet made ripples over the water but then...she just hit the water with a big splash and started floundering about for a moment. It took her a second or two to really realize what she was doing. Which was sort of trying to keep herself above water. Getting her head back she paddled over the shore as quickly as possible. Now she sort of looked like a drowned rat.

"I'm all wet now."

Anonymous

"Well, trapping a soul in someone's body isn't very nice. But if the body is dead, it's not like anyone is using it..." Linia didn't really want to argue, but she also felt a need to defend her home country. Necromancy wasn't as awful as people made it out to be. Dead bodies were just dead bodies.

Linia flushed and gave a small laugh, "I wouldn't die! I'm not that bad!" Yes she was. But that wasn't to point, "I just....don't see how you would feel comfortable with it. Besides, I assure you that my naked body is not a sight I would want to inflict on anyone."

She set the potion out into the shade, letting it settle a bit as she packed her bad back up. She wanted to watch Fyuni's attempt at water running. Though she had to admit that it was a bit hot out for all the layers she always wore.

As the small quickling ran Linia was glad for the flower she had nibbled on. The small pink fae was almost a blur as she raced over the water. Then came crashing down with an impressive splash.

Linia tried not to laugh. That wouldn't be nice and Linia didn't want to hurt the fae's feelings. But it had been too funny. And she really did look like something the cat had dragged in out of the rain.

Trying to keep a stright face, Linia moved over to Fyuni, patting her gently on the back, "You...are very wet."

Anonymous

"Ah now see, that's another thing. It's desecration. We could talk for hours on this, but what's the point? We've both got different opinions and all that after all. Raised differently, with different ideals and such." She gave a flick of her hand. It was probably not the best idea to get so...involved with such a dispute.

They were somewhat friends after all!

"Well...there's only me and you here...no one is watching far as I know so...I wouldn't care." She might be a little...off put if it was for perverted reasons that they were watching but...that was their business. Just as long as they don't...tell her about it and stuff like that. Ick. Or paint her. She might be really...weirded out if there was like...paintings of her nude going around.

"It's your fault you know." She was soaking wet, it was horrible. Cold too. She didn't much care for that sort of thing. Slowly Fyuni climbed out of the pond and slowly picked at her clothing. It was all wet...and kinda became a little clingy too.

"Blech. See this is why I didn't want to do this. Alright...more laying in the sun...more directly I think...hold on..." The little knife came off her belt and she was in the trees, She was running around the tops above, cutting branches away. Small bits of bark and leaves, even large sticks and twigs began to fall in a rough circle. Light started shining through even more through the treeline until Fyuni hopped down and landed on the pile. She sheathed the belt and began to clean some room for herself.

"There. More sun! I can dry my clothes faster..ooo! All that running sort of helped too. Not that wet anymore." The little Quickling took a seat and began to run her hands through her hair, trying to to fix her hair once more.

Anonymous

The alchemist was more then happy to let the subject drop. She had learned rather quickly that people on the continent had such odd views on death and dead bodies. And Linia liked Fyuni and really didn't want to spoil the fun with an argument.

Linia gave a small laugh, "I am sure no one is watching." Linia didn't really worry that much about peeping toms. She figured if someone was going to spy on a lady, it would be some stunningly beautiful one.

Fyuni dripping and disgruntled made a rather amusing sight. It took a rather impressive amount of will to not burst out laughing. Though Linia did blush a bit and try to keep her eyes averted from the fae's wet and clinging clothes. It wasn't polite to stare.

"Sense it's my fault, can I make it up to you?" Linia had to admit she was a bit impressed with the running through the trees. There was quite a bit more sun. Who knew. She might strip down a bit more, see about getting some sun along with her new....friend. She hoped they were friends.

"Do you want some help with you hair?" She rummaged in her bag. There was a rather absorbent cloth in there somewhere. She kept them around for spills.

Anonymous

"Well, trees are always watching but...they're just trees. What are they really gonna do?" Fyuni laughed, shaking her head. The trees didn't really care, they remembered everything sure but a naked fae to them was just like a blade of grass. It all blended together. That was probably something really good then. No perverted trees in this place!

Fyuni just wanted these once dry clothes to return to their former glory. That was of course being...well...dry. Instead of sopping wet. While the running did help a little bit, it really wouldn't help in the long run. She just needed the heat of the sun to get rid of all the water. "I shoulda been more...fast and probably not have done it...but I was so close! I got a few feet before I just started sinking. That was the trouble part. I was sinking." She gave a solemn nod at that fact. It had been the trouble after all! It was that damned sinking part she should have watched out for.

"Nah nah, it's alright Linia. I'll let the sun dry it. It'll become all fluffy again that way." Though it was already a tad more dry from all that running, it would mean her hair would become all...icky like from being dried that way. However if she let her hair dry from the sun...well then it would be all nice. It'd poof up and stuff like that! Which was what she wanted really. That way, it wouldn't really get in her face.

"So, do you think that the speed potion will work?" Because if it did, she thought maybe she should challenge Linia to a race...that race being trying to run across the water again. That'd be fun. More time to be wet but still, it had been ages since she had come up against an opponent who was as fast as her. Maybe...even faster. It was hard to say. Potions could be very strong after all.

Anonymous

"Trees watch things? Do they have eyes?" Linia looked around her at the trees, suddenly curious. She hadn't ever realized that trees might watch things. To be honest, she had just never really thought about it. But it was a little intriguing.

The fae's next comment got a laugh from the girl. She couldn't help it, "Sinking does tend to occur on water." She giggled again, remembering the pink girls sudden plunge into the cold water, "Though you did get an impressive splash."

Nodding, Linia stopped searching through her beg. She stretched out on her stomach next to the other girl. She was having quite a lot of fun today. Much more then she had ever expected to have on a herb picking mission. The tiny, cute pink fae person was rather fun to talk to. And didn't seem to mind much that Linia was a bit of a dork.

"I really hope it works." Linia glanced over at the potion, "Should I wait for you to dry off a bit before I try it?" Trying a new potion always made her nervous. So many things could go very, very wrong. Like the time she had tried to make a shape change potion and had lots of fur in interesting places and a weird desire for raw meat that didn't go away for almost a week.

Anonymous

"Not like you think. Well sorta. I mean. They know about us, they can sort of see us...I mean...they know what we look like and...." She left it hanging, unable to really put it into words. They just...knew what things looked like and they all talked to each other and stuff like that. It was just...how things were. "And that's it. They just know." She didn't have all the answers! If she did, she would have been able to answer.

"Yeah yeah, I know. It must have been cool to look at." Fyuni dismissed it. She had gotten far, in terms of being able to get a little bit across it. Just a little. Not as much as she wished though. She would have liked to get fully across it though.

Fyuni was glad that the pale girl was going to lay back and also be as antsy as she was, waiting for her clothes to dry. Maybe get some tanned skin while they waited! Well, she could get some tanned skin at least. That's all Linia needed! Just to get herself some tanned skin!

"Just wait a few more minutes. You need some sun anyway Linia! It'll be fine!" Fyuni said as she thought about just what might happen with the new found speed potion. She wanted to see what would happen with Linia, trying to get used to being so fast, and she would challenge her to a race. See who could get further across the pond even. It would be sweet revenge, since she was sure that Linia knew she would sink.

She must have knew!

Anonymous

"Oh, well....alright then." Linia glanced over at the trees. She had gotten the gist of what Fyuni was trying to say. She thought she had anyway, but that was rather interesting to know. She had had no idea trees were at all aware of what went on around them. It couldn't hurt to keep that in mind.

The alchemist grinned at Fyuni's brushing off talking about her short trip over the lake. Though it had been impressive, until she had gone under. Then it had traveled into amusing. But Linia wouldn't tease her about it anymore. She would just grin at her.

"Ah. A tan would be nice." And Linia actually hiked her skirt up to well past her knees. Which for Linia was rather scandalous. But she was aware that she did resemble a corpse a bit more the she would like. And she could pretend that tans were a bit more flattering on her.

The warm sun did feel nice as Linia rested her chin on her arms, watching her potion. She wanted to try it! She just really hoped she wouldn't....explode her heart or something. But she was pretty sure she had the mix right, "Ah! I wish you could dry faster! I want to try that race!"

Anonymous

It was hard to put into words when it just came naturally for you. Listening to trees was just...normal. That was all. She could do it, she couldn't really...put it into words. She never had to anyway. Why would she? She had been around Fae and Elves, and they all knew how to do that sort of thing. Well, at least she had tried to explain it right? The alchemist seemed to understand anyway so...Things had gone well!

"Wouldn't it just? That's why the naked sleeping in front of a window is a good idea!" Fyuni was surprised that she wanted to tan, after all the woman seemed so...reserved. The fact she was pulling up her skirt a bit to show off her legs was probably a huge step. She was really surprised the woman didn't blush a lot. However she seemed very relaxed around Fyuni. That was kinda nice!

Fyuni just shot a glare over at Linia. "I'm drying as fast as I can. I'll be ready in a few minutes." One could tell that Fyuni wanted to move, wanted to get up and race because her legs were twitching. It kinda of looked like a dog who was dreaming about chasing rabbits, with the foot twitching over and over again.

She wanted to race just as much as Linia did.

"Just a few more minutes. Then I'll be dry enough. And we're gonna go across the pond. Gonna try and race across it, see who gets the furthest." It would be her. Even though she was sure she couldn't run on weater, she was pretty sure that she could get pretty far. No, not pretty sure, she was completely sure. Yes yes. She could do it!

Anonymous

Linia did tend to blush a lot, but Fyuni just hadn't seemed to touch on the subjects that tended to turn her bright red as often as most people. Though the mention of sleeping naked under her window did turn her pink cheeked, "Oh..well...um....no. I don't think I'll be sleeping naked anytime soon."

She kicked her white legs in the air, "I think this is enough of a step for me." Though the idea of an all over tan appealed to her, she would never be able to do it. She was far to modest. Linia was the type who tried to avoid being naked in her own bedroom as it was indecent.

"I know, I know. I'm just so excited to get to try my potion!" The alchemist wasn't as impatient as the fae, but she was a close second. She was almost bouncing in place as she glanced over at the pink girl again, as if that would make the clothes dry faster.

"Though...the lake? We will both end up soaked that way." Giving a small laugh Linia shook her head, "Then you'll have to wait to dry all over again." And Linia wasn't sure she could ever get going fast enough to keep her weight on the top of the water. Slender was something Linia hadn't been in years.

Anonymous

"You must have a lot of people who like to break into houses and molest people then if you are so afraid of showing a little skin." She couldn't be so scared of showing herself off in the comfort of her own home. She was pretty after all, so why was she so afraid then?! It just didn't make sense to her. Humans were still on the top silly list then.

Had to be now.

"If it weren't for you I'd strip down right now and run about. There's nothing better than the wind whipping everywhere about you, through you're hair." Fyuni sighed and shook her head, closing her eyes. It was a nice feeling really, it felt so nice, it was great, and it was cool instead of being so warm. Though, she was pretty wet now, that was a little bit of a turn off.

Fyuni was going to have fun with her. To think that a human might be able to catch up with her, to be as fast as she was going to be...the thought just made her little heart race faster actually. "I hope it works good, I hope it makes you as fast as I am! I bet it will make you just as fast." If that happened she'd be a little...worried. Humans as fast as her...that was a scary thought.

"Yeah but then YOU'LL have to dry as well." Fyuni told her with a devious little grin crossing her face. It was a little bit about revenge really, but still. She wanted to try again. She really thought she could do it this time. She just had to run faster. Much faster, and she had to use her hooves to her advantage. They gave her a nice push in the water after all.

She'd be able to make it far.

Anonymous

"What?" Linia blushed a brighter red at that, "No...well....sometimes. But no...that isn;t the point!" Linia wasn't really sure of why she was so painfully modest, she just was. She didn't know how to explain it. But being naked wasn't comfortable for her, mostly due to her low self image and a strict upbringing.

Fyuni going on about stripping down and the various merits of doing so made her face darken by several shades. The poor human's eyes got huge with shock and her mouth opened and closed a few times before she managed to stammer out, "I-I-I couldn't do that! Th-that w-w-would be so embarrassingly!"

Changing subjects to something a bit safer suited Linia just fine. As she began to get over her shock, her earlier excitement came back. Getting to try a new potion out was always thrilling. Oh how she wished the sun would work faster!

Though she would have to be careful in the sun. With her skin, she would burn if she wasn't careful. She shifted, turning her head to check her legs. They weren't pink yet, which was good. She really should keep working on that formula to protect herself from burns.

Letting out a small sigh she glanced over at the potion, "You know...if we are going to race over the lake again....we are both probably going to end up wet again. Do you really need to totally dry off?"

Anonymous

Fyuni would probably never really understand Linia and her afraid to be naked behaviour. To her it just didn't make sense. She didn't grasp the concept of shame too well after all so...she tried but it was all foreign to her. She'd keep trying to press the issue though, brighten the young woman up, either she'd see the light or Linia would.

"Pfft, would not. There isn't a person around after all, not for miles at least! Forest is all uninhabited really. Ain't a soul to bother us here!" Fyuni had been told by the trees, they were nice about that. They always liked chattering about people because they never really saw them. That made it really easy to know when to hide and what not. Or just to stay away from them.

"Hm...I think you're probably right! Alright alright then! Let's do some racing then!" Fyuni hopped to her feet and tried to brush herself off, a bit of dirt sticking to her. She didn't mind it really, but it made her look sloppy and she was anything but! She enjoyed a bit of neatness. The Elves had mostly taught her that, more so when it came to clothes. You had to be nice and trim and your clothes had to be clean from dirt. She didn't see the point, clothes would get dirty, and there was nothing wrong with dirt! The elves thought differently though.

"Hurry up then! Drink the potion! We can then see who gets further!" Linia might have an advantage, her feet were...well...feet! She had more surface area, and were flatter, with her travelling at speeds close to Fyuni, she might actually make it further. Fyuni was a tad worried. Though the pond wasn't that big, still, any advantage that could be had, would be had.