Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Always Searching. (Goldie!)

Started by Anonymous, May 29, 2008, 04:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Heaving a breath, the short princess of a far-far away land pushed a branch away from her face. Doeshe, her mount, about the size of a horse by now, was a pure white dragon. His red eyes turned and blinked up at Sharlee, a woeful look in them as she nudged her booted feet into his side. "We have a little ways to go. Next clearing, I promise." Her voice was soft and feathery with an undertone of steel. Sharlee, now an eighteen year old young lady, was a lovely creature.

Healthy skin, a light tan because most of the sunlight was cut off by the huge trees. A long thick black braid trailed down her back, ending at almost her waist. She wore plain brown clothing, having gotten rid of all of her dresses after a rather disturbing incident, which Doeshe still bore scars from. Pointed ears and lavender eyes mostly gave away what she was. An elf. A pretty young thing, looking like a plain yet beautiful human when her hair was down, but she was an elf.

A high ranking one.

Luckily, hardly anyone knew that. Just her elder sister.

Sharlee looked around again, the sun was almost gone and they still haven't found a clearing. Gnawing on her lip, Sharlee gently nudged Doeshe to go a little faster, which he did, making her bump up and down, his big puppy paws breaking sticks and pushing away dead branches. "Shhh." She hissed then pulled on the make-shift harness around his neck. "Doeshe! Look!" A clearing, with a lovely river running though it.

That was great!

A big smile on her face, Sharlee quickly went about setting up camp for the night, taking the saddle bags off of Doeshes back so he could relax. As she went about the little camp, in almost no time at all, and with the help of what little elemental magic she knew, a fire was burning - safely of course - and she was making food. Enough for two people, just in case some poor weary traveler had followed her dragons tracks.

Sitting against the bags, placed her hands on her stomach and leaned back, looked at Doeshe who was curled up like an overgrown puppy.

Which was exactly what he was. "Doeshe..." She called, immediately his head perked up and he blinked his big red eyes at her, his tongue lolling out of the side of his mouth to let drool slop to the ground. Of course she made a face and a disgusted noise. It was typical of her puppy dragon.

He was just as old as she was, and had years to go before he could fly with a passenger. Which was why they were walking. Doeshe layed back down, but shimmied on his stomach so he could reach his head out for pets, Sharlee complied and smiled at him. "Think we'll have any guests today? I heard something back there, but it might have been you and your big puppy feet." A teasing smile to her big puppy-dragon and she reached over to stir the food.

Goldie

ooc: WHEEE dragons!  xD

ic:

After the atrocity that was Connlaoth, Xinthe was done with large cities.  Especially cities that had some sort of aura that made it impossible for him to alter his form at will.  That was possibly the scariest moment; realizing that his true appearance was no longer safe.  Hell, there were probably signs with his face on it littering the walls with some shit like, Highly Dangerous or something underneath his chin.  Damn...it was one thing to have a picture that wasn't him, but now because he was reverted back to his actual appearance in that short time, he couldn't walk there without a disguise.

So, instead of fighting it, he ran.  It was a tactic that he had used before and he wasn't ashamed of his actions.  Quite the contrary.  It took a smart person to know when to fight and when to run.  And fighting with that Soldier lady was not on his to-do list.  It didn't help that they decided to use weird barrels that shot death at its victims.

No thank you!

He'd rather take his chances with his daggers, his short sword, and the wilderness.  Well, and the small crossbow he'd bought in town to help with hunting.  He couldn't survive on nothing, and it was a lot easier to shoot a bird than it was to wack at it with a sword hoping that it wouldn't fly away.  Yeah...that'd look really good.  If he ever tried to do that he wouldn't be surprised if the bird's call would change to sound like "Dumb ass!  Dumb ass!"

Now he was in the forest living on his own, without any humans in sight.

Damn.

How was he suppose to get money and supplies if there were no humans to take it from?  Bah!  So annoying!  On the plus side, he didn't have to change his appearance and could walk around in his normal state.  The sunlight streaming through the tree canopy made his dark red hair sparkle like a headdress of rubies while adding to the tan on his bare shoulders.  His shirt, at one time, did have sleeves, but he had since ripped them off in order to feel less constricted in his clothes.  He hated having his arms covered.  It reminded him too much of dungeon chains.  Now, Xinthe walked around sleeveless in his camel brown leather pants and knee-high boots.  

As if on cue, he entered into a clearing and stopped dead in his tracks.  His ever changing eyes widened in shock at the sight he now saw before him.  Not only was there a young woman lounging against her bags next to a beautiful fire but...

No way...that couldn't be...

"A fuckin' dragon?" he muttered, glued to one spot.  How the hell had he missed the tracks?  Well, he wasn't really paying attention because he hadn't thought he was going to run into a dragon in the woods!  And a dragon with a female companion no less!  What the hell?

Anonymous

Sitting up, Sharlee blinked owlishly and looked around. The setting sun cast an odd bloody colour on the surroundings, so it took her a moment to locate the sound of breathing in the bushes. Sometimes the keen hearing of elves suited her traveling quite well. Then she frowned. A man. Oh well, it was better company than nothing. Standing up and smiling, Sharlee took slow steady steps towards him, and her mouth dropped open.

Uh oh.

This wouldn't end well.

Doeshe, with his big watery red eyes saw it just as she did. His long pink tongue flopped out of his mouth and he jumped up and trotted over. Delight written all over his face, Sharlee was moving towards the fellow her arms out as if to form a block between him and the dragon, but it was too late. "Don't hurt him!" She cried, not quite sure whom it was for, but she didn't really want either of them to get hurt. That wouldn't be nice at all.

A big sloppy tongue lapped out from Doeshes mouth and drew up the side of the mans face. Red hair. It was his complete undoing. Doeshe simply loved everything and anything that was red. His tongue, wet and slobbery wet to the mans hair and got it nearly completely wet with smelly dragon saliva. All the while, Sharlee grabbed his muzzle and yanks at him, yelling at him to leave the poor man alone.

"Doeshe!!" She yelled, the prattled off in another language. The large dragon, the size of a horse, pouted and sat on his bottom like a dog. His wings tucked to his back and his long tail curled around to his front, still wagging slightly. Sharlee shook her head, the long braid swinging back and forth. Now, to see to this poor... Molested young man.

Chewing on her lips, Sharlee looked at him and took a breath. "I'm so sorry. He... He really loves the colour red. And your hair..." Sharlee motioned to it, "Is.. Well... Red. He's only ever done this twice, most other times I can stop him. It's getting harder now that he's so..." Sharlee turned towards her only friend and companion.." So... Big."

Sighing she offered him a kind smile. "My name is Sharlee. You're welcome to my camp if you've no where to stay tonight, and lukily, there's a river right there so you can..." She made another face and looked at his head, the poor man. Covered in dragon slobber, "Wash off."

Goldie

ooc: I'm sorry ;_;  I'm the worst poster ever....but I'm posting finally! YAY!  I did not forget!

ic:

He barely had time to get over the fact that a fuckin' dragon was before him, before the huge beast decided it would be a great idea to attack him with his tongue.  Hell, that thing was big enough to encompass his entire head and he didn't even have time to flinch before he was covered in dragon slop.

Ugh...it was disgusting.  The thick, foul smelling goo was enough to raise bile in his throat.  Not that he minded being dirty.  Hell!  He had gone weeks without bathing before, but at least that was being caked in dirt, not some bastard of a dragon's spit!

"What th' HELL!?" He exclaimed trying to find some dry spot of clothing in order to wipe the shit from his eyes, "Ye should....Ye should control tha' thing!!!"  He was thoroughly grossed out.  "An' ye should be sorry!  Ye could give someone a heart attack with tha' thing!!!" Not to mention some sort of disease that could come from that monster's breath.  Who knew WHAT is ate!  What if it had some poisonous herb or something and was slowly killing with saliva?  For all he knew, Xinthe would wake up DEAD!

Or something along those lines.

"Red, eh?" He commented, looking at the white dragon skeptically, "Well then, I guess th' red'll have t'go!"  Without even blinking, the blazing red hair that had been on top of his head dissolved into a light chocolate brown, dull and completely unexciting.  Anything to keep that demon away from him!

He glared at the dragon one more time before turning to his apparent owner or whatever the hell she was to him.  "I'm Xinthe," he told Sharlee shortly, so flustered that he didn't even think to give her an alias, "An' I think I will go wash off."  Turning, he stalked in the direction she had given and, sure enough, found a stream waiting for him.  Without thinking about modesty, he stripped off all of his clothes and waded into the water, splashing his body with the frigid liquid, scrubbing fiercely to get all traces of dragon spit off of his body.  This was turning out to be just a peachy day!

Gods!

"Who has a fuckin' dragon?" he mumbled, using pebbles as soap in order to pull off as much crap as he could.  Always a good alternative to soap: pebbles.

"Damn!" he cried when one of the pebbles turned out to be more pointy than he expected.  He threw them back into the stream and dipped his head under, pulling away all of the dirt and grim and dragon goop.  Reaching up, he touched his forehead where the stone had caught and found that he had nicked his scalp, a small amount of blood appearing on his fingertips.  "Well great."

Coming out of the stream, he pulled on his pants and threw on a clean shirt from his shoulder bag before taking the slobber filled one and rinsing it in the stream.  He hoped that once it dried it wouldn't reek of dragon.

Ugh....

That finished, he pulled on his boots again and marched back to the "camp" with Sharlee and the Beast, hanging his damp shirt on a nearby branch before leaning against a tree and staring at the two most unlikely things he had ever thought to run into in the middle of the woods.

"So...Wanna tell me wha' a girl an' her pet are doin' in the middle of th' woods?"