Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Asking For Trouble [Rina/open]

Started by Tally, July 21, 2008, 12:40:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tally

Ruben had to take a deep breath and let it out slowly.  His fist closed around the left over coins and he thrust them at Doyle.  "This is what I owe you. Take it."

Anonymous

"What? Naw, it's okay. This'll cover the healer just fine. It ain't no trouble. Really. Yer gonna be keepin' me company and all, so it ain't like ya ain't givin' me anything back." He didn't really want to take the money, the idea made him uncomfortable.

Tally

Ruben froze with his hand outstretched and spoke through clenched teeth.  "Then you can go now.  We're settling up, or this arrangement won't work."

Anonymous

"Eh? What?" Doyle blinked at Ruben, somewhat surprised at his insistence. He reached out, taking the money from Ruben, "Uh...sure. Fine. I'll take it."

For now. And while packing up, he would just stash it somewhere else around Ruben's home. Leave it for the mage to find later.

Tally

Ruben nodded, relieved.  The tension drained out of him as soon as Doyle took the money.

"Right.  I'll need that big spyglass over there—the one on the tripod—and the scrolls on the shelf next to it.  All of them.  You can use one of those sacks over there."

With Doyle on that, Ruben went about gathering up some other parchments and instruments he would need and stuffing them into a satchel along with the scraps they had picked up on the way.  He took a last look around the observatory, eyes lingering on the raised platform with the largest spyglass that raised out of the side of the roof.

"That should be everything."  This would be an...interesting month.

[center:1sbk7f5z]Thread over! Continuance here![/center:1sbk7f5z]