Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hurricane in the Mountains (Sophophobia!)

Started by Anonymous, August 24, 2008, 11:40:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Hurricane padded through the forest, annoyed. He didnt know where he was going. He had wandered over in the mountains in search of his family a long time ago, and lived here for a while. But, he just walked and walked in search of a purpose. He stopped at a river to drink and headed over to his home that he built a while ago. It wasnt much, just a cave with moss and a bed to sleep in. He ate his meal that he cought eirler, then sat in his bed and watched the cave entrance.

Anonymous

It was raining.

Koa had gone to visit Teva, on the other side of the Earth. This was done by popping out of this dimension, and into another, and then popping back into this one near to where you want to be. It wasn't as exact as you might want it to be, But Koa had purposefully not been very specific about where to appear. He had felt like a walk. of course, he hadn't known that it was raining... There was a cave just ahead, though, that he could use. It was, last he checked, empty, and he had his knives with him. Most animals, though, would not attack him. he was too--odd. Too different from anything else here, and also the dimension he had popped in and out of stank of power and blood(his friend Mitya lived there, in fact--he had stopped in for a few days to see her).

But either way, there was the cave. he approached it, dark hair plastered to his head from the wet, but his cloak keeping him blessedly warm. His dark red-brown eyes did, however, show surprise. Because there appeared to be a very large fox there. Why?

((Er.. can I get like two good paragraphs? I know there's no rule about it, but i get writers block really fast with short posts.))

Anonymous

Hurricane sat, staring into the rainy weather. He was bored and saw the person approach through the corner of his eyes. He said with out turning his head, "Do you need shelter from the rain?" His eyes turned to the figure at the door.

Anonymous

((Okay, I guess that that's a no, then...))

Koa supposed that he lived there. There was nothing wrong with that--they weren't quite to Koa's lands yet, and really humans were the only ones he had a problem with. He stepped forward, just enough to be out of the rain. His shoes were oddly well made, but his eyes were kind and calm, if wary. He was not that surprised to hear the kitsune talk, but it did make him more guarded. Koa, often, couldn't find it in himself to trust people in this plane of existence. Except for Teva and Mitya, but that was different.

He told the kitsune, "Need, perhaps, is the wrong word. I could just as easily continue on my way. Want is the word most appropriate. If you would have me, of course." Koa's smile was a little ironic, "I wouldn't want to intrude, of course." It was technically his land.

Anonymous

((Sorry! I didnt see the last part with the paragraph note. I'll make longer posts. ^^;;;))

Hurricane nodded. "You can stay here as long as you want to, or until the rain stops. You wouldnt be intruding, I've been here, alone, for a very long time." He got up and felt much older than he really was. He felt like an old man even though, in kitsune years, he was very young. He hadnt talked to anyone in such a long time. He stretched and went over to the fire where there was meat roasting. He nibbled on a peice and offered some to the visitor. "by the way, what's your name?" His voice was kind, but there was a glint of uneasiness in his eye. He felt like the visitor wasnt all at ease, either. He felt that this person wasnt completly....human.

Anonymous

((Okay, thanks ^^ ***note to self: notes at top***))

"I, too, am alone,"
Koa said, "But I visit friends and families as often as I might." he waved off the offer of food, having eaten already that day. He would not need to eat for a time--long past the sun setting, at least. He had just gotten back from visiting Teva, and then Mitya, and for some reason he felt as if something was at the moment going horribly wrong for one of them. But, he knew, he was not clairvoyant, and it was a silly thing to think. Both could certainly take care of themselves, though perhaps Teva, with his healer's oath, was in a little bit more danger than Mitya, who never shrunk from violence. But Teva's plants should--would--protect him. No, he was simply offset because meeting new people set him on edge.

Koa took a seat by the fire, far enough from Hurricane to feel safe and uncrowded, but not so far as to be rude or to make it seem as if he was uncomfortable around great big talking foxes. Not that Koa came by them every day, but on a list of things you could find in a cave you thought was empty, a kitsune didn't even rank. Even a blue kitsune. With several tails. He responded politely to Hurricane's question, knowing that there was a good chance that the fox had heard of him, "I am Koa, the Bone Forger." He was well known for his trade, perhaps the only on in this dimension that made such swords, knives, and even armor.