Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Lost With No Purpose (Mdu!)

Started by Anonymous, November 02, 2008, 10:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

At that moment Dacia felt relieved, though she didn't quite understand why since she was unaccustomed to making amends with other people. For some reason, whether it was because he was rather pitiful at times or perhaps the general politeness he showed even when he was angry, she thought that he might be someone that would be good to have on her side. He'd seemed serious enough talking about himself, about the threats he posed to her, and judging by the encounters she'd had with creatures like him before she decided that it might me best to heed his warnings.

A light blush appeared in her cheeks as she watched him speak but she was thankful for the darkness, which she hoped would successfully hide it among the shadows cast upon her. "Well, I told you before that isn't my cave didn't I? Stay if you like, it would definitely be a change from being...well, lonely." With that she pushed off against the tree and went back to the grasses she'd been gathering, picking them up before resuming her previous task.

The thought of sharing with someone else was a bit daunting for Dacia but Vivian had helped her see something about herself and being cruel to someone who had helped her didn't seem like the right thing to do even though a few months ago, or even before she'd gotten lost in the woods, she would have done the complete opposite of her decision now.

Anonymous

'Yes, but that was before you knew what I am. I doubt many people would willingly accept the company of a vampire,' Vivian pointed out. It must have taken her a great deal to admit lonliness again, it seemed quite out of her character to want anyone around. He looked up at her and his faced changed with a mildly puzzled expression. 'Is something off, Miss Dacia? You're cheeks are flushed.'

Vivian watched her picking grass. Why would she want to do that? With an more puzzled expession he moved his hand in a flourish and indicated her armful of grass. 'Do you want help with... whatever it is you are doing?' he asked. 'I have nothing better to do until either you wish me gone or you go to bed.'

Vivian unfurled himself from under the tree. He remained on his knees while plucking fresh, green grass. He caught himself watching the strange woman as she went about her task. She was much like his little sister. Both had violent tempers and both provoked him. Ve wasn't sure it Dacia did it deliberately but his sister sure did. He hoped his sister was doing well. She always got angry when he left and now she would have no tutor, playmate or living doll to amuse her.

Anonymous

She'd hoped that going about her business would afford her some chance of not being noticed by him, that perhaps he hadn't been paying all that much attention, but she was wrong and she winced at his comment about her cheeks. "N-no, nothing's wrong," she answered quietly, her gaze focused intently on the ground and grass beneath her as she searched for the longest blades. She didn't realize until Vivian spoke again that what she was doing might seem strange from the outside and she immediately straightened when he asked if she needed help.

"I'm picking grass for my bed," she admitted, a bit ashamed at the primitive way she'd be sleeping tonight. "I don't need help but...well, you might do yourself some good if you go feed or something." With her words away she quickly went back to the cave, ducking so she didn't hit her head on the ceiling, and dropped what grasses she'd gathered on the pile that had accumulated over the days, gradually building up to allow her a sounder sleep.

Dacia eased herself down after she'd spread out the new layer and clenched her eyes shut for a moment. She wondered why she was such a coward, too ready to kill when needed but too afraid to try and find a way out of the woods by herself.

Anonymous

'If that is your wish,' he said, placing the small handfull of grass on the ground. 'I was going to leave hunting until after you go to bed but if you want to be alone, I understand.'

Vivian got to his feet and bowed lightly, splaying his legs when he nearly lost balance. He blushed before leaving to find something to feed on. Anything that wasn't human would do for food. Maybe not fish though, they didn't seem to have much blood in them.

Once he thought he was far enough that Dacia wouldn't see him, he changed form. He now looked like a seven foot anthropomorphic bat that had had it's wings hacked to bits, which was close to the truth. He still had enough of his wings left to lift him in the air but not enough to hold him there to to rise more than four feet. The rest of his body was also as mangled as it's human-like counterpart. For every mark on his human body, there was a mark on his bat body.

Vivian sniffed the air. His senses of smell and hearing were stronger now but his sight was weaker. He could tell by the scent in the air that there was nothing nearby, only a few smaller animals upwind. He had no idea what they were but he was hungry enough not to care.

Anonymous

Dacia waited until she knew Vivian had gone to go back outside, feeling that he probably had his reasons for not wanting her to be nearby. She'd never been attacked by a vampire or any like creature before and figured that he meant well by wanting to be away from her while he was hunting for his prey. Outside it was now cooler, the night air relieving to Dacia after the long day spent in the sunlight. As she searched for more grasses and extra fire wood, she gave thought to how the events of the day had transpired. Indeed, it had been an eventful day!

Returning to the cave and dropping wood by the fire and grass in the back where she'd been making her bed, she sat down and closed her eyes for a bit. The quiet reminded her of how lonely she'd been, that somehow she liked the idea of Vivian sticking around with her. Maybe they would become decent friends but Dacia would never admit that sort of thing to his face. He seemed to take to her company well enough, though, for all the meanness within her, and she felt that that alone could give her some small hope.

As she sat there she didn't really realize how worn out and sleepy she was. Before she knew it she was drifting, her body slowly slumping down as sleep took over.

Anonymous

As Vivian got closer he checked to make sure his own scent didn't blow towards his prey. He'd scrubbed himself of most of the stench but he still had to be careful. When he could smell the animals he sat quietly, waiting for the opportune moment. It was hard to sit still because hunger was making agitated but he managed.

But then his stomach growled.

The small creatures lifted their heads at the noise and shied away. They've already heard me, I might as well attack, he though. He scrambled towards them, though they were more agile. He had to back the larger of the group into a bramblebush so it couldn't escape. The creature's horns weren't as big as a goat's or a deer's so Vivian didn't get hurt as badly as he'd worried. Bruises that size were nothing to worry about.

He killed the animal as quickly as he could. He didn't want the poor thing to be in pain, whatever it was. He closed his eyes and sucked as hard as he could. The faster it came out the sooner the animal would pass out and he could stop feeling guilty. He'd keep the corpse too; if Dacia would eat it then he'd have less to be guilty for.

Anonymous

A few hours after she'd fallen asleep, Dacia awoke with a start, the mild dreams she'd managed to reach leaving her with strong reminders of the nightmares she'd had her whole life. Her body was in a light sweat already and this troubled her. Getting up, she made her way to the mouth of the cave and looked up to the starry night sky. While outside, a breeze blew against her, a whistling resounding across the clearing and she wrapped her arms around herself before retreating back inside.

She was a bit disappointed that Vivian had not returned, thinking that, perhaps, he had decided to abandon her and her violent ways in favor of a more peaceful area of the woods. As much as she hated the thought of it she knew it was quite probable that that was what had become of him and she decided that she would not dwell on it if he never came back. She had survived on her own up until now, hadn't she? It wasn't enough, though, the thought of being left alone again frightened her.

Dacia moved back to the area she'd been sleeping in, readjusting the makeshift bedding in hopes of a second attempt at sleep resulting in a relatively peaceful rest for her. Lying down, she stared out past the mouth of the cave, to the trees and beyond until their shadows cloaked whatever might be there. Sighing, she silently hoped that he would come back eventually, no matter what his condition may be, if only so she would not be alone.

ooc: I'm sorry that this took so long to get up. :[

Anonymous

Vivian sat hiding just beyond the light. He was feeling uncomfortable about returning. How long would it be until his ancestors forced him to hunt her? They were getting stronger as he was getting weaker. He'd already been close enough to smell her neck while she was sleeping. The memory made him shudder. It was the second time he'd gotten that close to biting a person - third if he counted the diamond golem.  

As he watched her go back to the cave he realised that she seemed upset, not her normal angry upset but sad. Perhaps she was sad that he wasn't there? She had been upset enough to admit she was lonely... after he'd already pointed it out. It made leaving her even harder. He was starting to like her. Under different circumstances he would have admitted that he had feelings for her.

Without sighing or making any noise, he crept out from behind the bushes and placed two animal carcuses by the fire. Looking around, he picked up a stick and wrote the word "sorry" in three languages (since he didn't know which she would be able to read). He then went back to the bushes and went back to watching Dacia.

OOC: No worries, I quit. I'm trying to close all the threads I'm in.