Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Amongst the Jungle Canopy

Started by Anonymous, January 26, 2009, 04:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

It was looking to be yet another glorious day. With little hassle over instrumental repair, Zachary was for once able to do what he dreamed. Though the dream was a rather odd one, it was nonetheless a dream. With guitar in hand, he placed himself delicately on a thick branch and placed his left hand on the strings of his hollow scepter. His hand then began to hammer and pull of one of the strings, and this, a melody came to be born and loftily was carried by the slight breeze.

As this melodic structure took form, Zachary began humming something or another that could be called as a replacement of any sort of lyrics..Like the color of dense canopy overhead, his emerald green eyes in their innocence, scanned the area..Looking for some sort of eye-candy to gaze at. Though this was his dream, he always thought that he would have some sort of company to serenade with acoustic music.

The Guitar

Anonymous

This couldn't be the right way. Surely, this couldn't be the right way! Lena grew a bit panicked as she shuffled along, her nose stuck to a map as she tried to make sense of where she might be on it. The life around her was so vivid and she couldn't help but glance up every so often to take in the sights that were so beautiful to her. However, whenever she did this, she found that she'd forgotten where she was looking on the map and had to start over again, her mind lost to the wonderful views around her.

Her goal was to see as much of the world as she could, take in all of the marvelous and rare sights she might happen upon as well, but at the moment she was at a loss for where she should be going. When she'd left she hadn't really formed a plan other than to just go and enjoy her new life but she hadn't thought to prepare. Over the weeks she'd found herself just wandering from town to town picking up some new clothes and food, but it had been almost a week since she'd rested within four walls and a roof and her body was aching and utterly exhausted despite her high hopes of venturing far.

She figured it had been almost four days now since she'd started following the path of a creek, the sight of it simply welcoming whenever she found herself too thirsty during the day and in need of a bath at night. The uninterrupted sights and sounds of the woodlands had been both a comfort and an annoyance over time for things she felt were reasonable attributions to each. Now, though, that constant hum of life was cut with something else. A few moments of still allowed Lena to identify the sounds she was hearing to be music but she found it a bit odd for she hadn't seen any travelers in days. Looking about her surroundings as she drew closer to the source, she dropped her arms with the map still in hand and turned her head to try and spot the musician to no avail. "Hello?" she called, her voice marred with a slight air of confusion, uncertain of where the sound was echoing from.

Anonymous

"Up Here!"

A rather delighted voice bellowed from above, as eyes seem to look down upon the new person around here..Not that he was on a abandoned island, but not that there were many people who came around he either. His eyes showed some bit of excitement to see and potential audience to play to, but that was neither here are there at the moment. As he began to focus on her expression, he found it a bit frustrated and confused for some reason, he can deduct that she was lost..And so obviously, he asked the question

"You lost?"

As he did asked this question, he found it necessary to atleast meet the person faced to faced, meeting his sea-foam green eyes with her, rather coal-powder like ones.

Anonymous

The almost immediate response she received sparked a note of embarrassment about her, her eyes drifting to the ground for a moment before looking up to the trees at the man that sat in the tree. Lifting a hand she gave a slight wave to him and nodded as he stated the obvious about her failed status as a traveler. "I, uh...yes, I am a bit lost," she admitted, smiling sheepishly as she figured he was probably familiar with the area.

Nervously, she extended the hand that still held her map and shrugged her shoulders a bit. "I've been wandering for a while now, I don't really know where I'm going. Um...would you happen to know of any towns near here?" she asked, her head tilted back as she tried to be polite and stay focused on the person she was talking to.

Anonymous

He looked at her first a moment and gave a quick snicker for his accuracy, she was indeed lost. But the victory was short-lived since he had to stay focus on what she was saying...And then she asked the question he himself was going to have trouble replying to..

"Would you happen to know any towns near here?"

she asked..

And he replied to thy

"Haven't a clue..I actually don't know where I am myself..I've been here for quite the while, and I've wanted to play in a forest like this, and just play my guitar...So I really haven't try to find a way out.." he said rather honestly, and a bit embarrassed with the fact.

Then he had an idea

"Why don't we try to find the way out together..I'm starving and I could definitely use a good mug.."

He said with joy already starting to walk away from her and into the direction he guessed would be the right way.

Anonymous

Great, just great. He made it obvious to her that he was just as lost as she was and, despite how comfortable he looked playing up in the tree, he really didn't know the area that well either. With a sigh she looked at her map again and then to the trees all around them, the lines and names meaning no more to her than they had a few moments prior. Just as soon as she'd come to the realization that they were both in strange territory she looked to up to the tree where the man had been and found him gone. Alarmed, she almost ran off wildly before she got the sense to look in front of herself and, lo and behold, there he was. Just walking away, though, mind you. Frustrated that he hadn't bothered to say anything to her about a plan, she followed him with a scowl firmly placed on her lips.

"Fine," she called, running to catch up to him so she wouldn't be left lagging behind. "I'm Lena by the way, what's your name?" she asked, folding the map and stuffing it into her pocket so she didn't look so obviously confused any longer. "And you don't really have a plan, do you?" The question was more of an observance, her scowl twisting into a smirk as she looked from him to the instrument in his hand. It was somewhat familiar; she recognized it from her days living at home.

Anonymous

As he began waltzing towards no where soon, he turned back, forgetting that he hadn't properly introduce himself. With a quick pivot backwards, he extended his hand out to shake Lena's, only to met with some sort of scowl. He was a bit confused on why she seemed annoyed, was it because he was going to pretty much walk aimlessly until he found a town? Yep...He was quite sure it was that.

With a quirky chuckle and smirk, he extended his finger and poked at Lena's forehead

"Hey, turn that frown upside down~" he said, somewhat teasingly.

After doing such, he was all ears, awaiting some sort of plan to get out of the forest.

"Do you have a plan?"

He asked, a little bit mockingly.

Anonymous

She'd been somewhat surprised by his abrupt change when he introduced himself but she figured she might as well get used to strange or unusual things happening now that she was away from the absolute safety of her family's home. She did notice the slight mocking in his tone, however, and gave a wry smile at the question. "Well now...I don't really have a plan but I was hoping that you might. Should we just wander, then? Hope to come across something eventually?"

Now she was a bit curious about the man and why he'd stopped playing when she'd come upon him. Sneaking a glance at the instrument in his hand before looking back to him she asked, "Do you play often or did I just come across a rare opportunity?"