Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Rising Legacy (Open!)

Started by Anonymous, February 22, 2009, 11:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

His chambers were large and had a few windows that could be opened to let breezes in. The outer room had a fireplace, should he visit when the temperature ever happen to be cold enough to warrant it, along with some big, comfortable chairs, a couple of tables and paintings. Ranar really liked it.

When he entered the outer room, a letter was laying on one of the tables, the seal bearing a Unicorn surrounded by a crown visible on the outside of it. A letter from Duchess Serleun then. He quickly broke the seal and scanned the contents. So that's what was being built. Ranar had been wondering slightly but it was never enough to investigate. That business having been taken care of, he had little else to do besides retire for the night. The day would be bringing much excitement.

It only took him a short time to get ready for sleep, choosing a dark robe to keep near his bed. He placed himself under the covers and took a look around his bedchamber before blowing out a nearby candle. It looked much more ominous in the dark though he could make out every piece of furniture. The dresser, the candle stands, the small bedside table, even his bed posts look more menacing in the dark. Ranar knew that nothing was there save what he put there. Delving deeper into the blankets, sleep claimed him.

It was a fitful sleep, plagued by half-remembered nightmares. He tossed and turned, his body trying to escape the terrors his mind was subjecting him to. A particularly loud thunder clap was enough to wake him up. Ranar sat up in his bed covered in a cold sweat. He couldn't remember what his dreams had been, mercifully, and he didn't really want to find out. Ranar climbed out of bed, put on his robe, and took a nightly tour of his house. Maybe the walk would clear his head.

Anonymous

Late that night the lizardfolk Hachen had fell asleep watching for reached the shore and quickly found the house.  They ripped out the nearest tree they could find and, timing the strikes with the thunder, they broke down the door.  The stormed the house knocking over furniture and breaking anything fragile enough.  Anyone awake, and light sleepers, would surely hear it.  

Pig woke up when the door broke down and it quickly woke Hachen so he could do something about it.  Hachen swore under his breath as he ran out of his room and almost ran into Ranar.  "Oh hi, umm... I heard something downstairs.  I was going to go see what it was."  He cringed a bit when he heard glass breaking.

He quietly moved to the closest room where stuff was breaking and he saw three lizard men wielding iron cutlasses.  He bit his lip, he knew there were more elsewhere in the house, with much worse weapons.

Anonymous

Even In her conscious meditative state, with reduced brain activity the sound of broken class amongst other more worrisome sounds could be heard. Molly packed the equipment back before opening the door.

Checking around to see if there was anyone there that needed help or at least something to explain the sounds. "Hello?" Eyes carefully surveying for movement. Blind as a rat, her eyes where growing bad with age.

She would need new ones soon. Even with her nose this weird smell she had never smelled before mixed with salt water and sweat made its way trough.  It had to be really close somehow she couldn't see it.

She left the entrance open while fetching that wax candle she had seen on the desk. She was just about to light it on fire when a push from behind sent her head into the desk.

She screamed and tried to fight back but only made it worse. Moments later she was led out of the room, gagged and bound with a sword to her neck.

Anonymous

Hachen watched the lizardmen, they weren't looking for a person, they were searching for something small enough to fit in drawers or jewelry boxes.  He thought they must have caught scent of it while tracking him.  A thought crossed his mind but vanished quickly when someone screamed.

Hachen heard Molly scream and ran to see what was wrong.  When he turned the corridor he saw three lizardmen taking her away.  When Hachen and the lizard men saw each other there was a moment of pause.  Then when he could move again Hachen reached for his wand and pointed at the floor infront of himself.  

The three lizardmen brandished their weapons and ran at Hachen but when they walked over the portion of floor he pointed at the fell through it into the basement because something had sawed through most of the floor boards.  Hachen jumped over the hole and untied Molly, "Get out quickly, these guys are after... something in here."  He tried to remember what he had thought of but it just wasn't coming back.

Anonymous

"I can't just leave you alone, I can help." Molly was more than just embarrassed, there was injury to her pride as well. Missing an eye, it had popped out when they had hit her in the head. Black coagulated and thick blood was trying to stream out from the wound, following the tear ducts as if she was crying.

The stench it made was most dreadful, filled with the rot and rigor of the grave. "Besides they owe me an eye."

Angrily yet blindly shooting a pair of brownish colored bolts down into the basement."COMON BACK UP YOU VERMIN OF THE WORLD! HOW DARE YOU STRIKE A WOMAN FROM BEHIND!" Then turning to face her savior. "Whose minions are these? They are barely intelligent enough to wield a sword let alone use it."

Anonymous

When Molly said they owed her an eye his mind went blank for a second and he remembered the eye Molly had found in here.  "These guys came from somewhere in the ocean and they may not look it but they have intelligence.  They're a tribal race at best, but they've got current day weapons... except guns."  

Hachen started searching the floor which was illuminated by a torch in the hallway and the lightning outside.  "Where is that eye you found earlier, that might be what they are looking for?"  He knew that's not why they came but he knew that it might be why they are there now.  Lizardfolk liked ancient, powerful artifacts and that eye would be a prime target.

Anonymous

Well this was more than he had bargained for. He danced out of the way of a lizardthing's swing before thrusting through its throat. Definitely not the exercise he had expected. He wiped the blood off of his weapon on a nearby wall hanging. Normally he wouldn't dream of tarnishing it by purposely applying anything to it, especially something as hard to get rid of as blood, but you had to deal with what you were given. Besides, another of the lizards he had killed had decided to slouch against this very hanging while dying, so it wasn't like he was the first to do it.

The night had started out peaceful too. Which was probably why he wasn't enjoying himself, the fact that his villa was being invaded aside. Sure, he had been woken up by a nightmare but the walk had helped clear his head some. Hatchen running into him had not helped though. Neither had the sound of glass breaking. Ranar had dismissed the man's excuse, running back into his chambers to grab his rapier. When he finally found it and reemerged, Hatchen was nowhere to be found.

The crashes continued though, so he followed those and almost ran straight into three of the invaders. Ranar recovered before they did, his blade flying through the lead one's chest. The second one had gone down rather quickly as well, deciding in its final moments to get revenge by ruining one of the wall hangings. The bastard. The third and final was dispatched by an obstruction centered in the throat.

Had he heard a scream? He left the serpents where they were, making a mental note to hire some trained guards for this place. He made his way to where he thought the scream had come from, quietly dispatching lizards from behind when he could, before being taken aback by a rather large shout.

Something about vermin and a woman's behind. Sounded kinky.

Rounding a corner brought Molly and Hatchen into view. He joined the pair just as the other man asked about the eye. That probably meant that the serpents were trying to get their grubby claws on something of power. Well, they were in the wrong place for that or so he would have thought earlier that day. After the discovery of the Eye and the Book, Ranar wasn't quite sure what interesting things might have worked their way into his villa.

"No matter what they are after." Ranar stated, his sword relaxed at his side. "They have intruded into my home, disturbed my servants, and destroyed my property. I cannot allow that to go unpunished." He raised his rapier so the blade perpendicular to his eyesight. "And I intend to make them pay in blood." He swished his sword out to his side, diagonally. "Would you two like to join?"

Sure it was a little over dramatic, but hey, his house was being assaulted. Well timed dramatics were in order.

Anonymous

Unscrewing the cork of a bottle she had recently fetched from within deep pockets. Spilling the contents onto the floor. Molly took a broad legged stance preparing herself, her left hand wielding a painted and enchanted animal femur. "The chances of me having mutual goals with the lizard men.  Slim at best, but I will trust you Hatchen. Break this trust and I will have to consult your pig for a suitable punishment. Now I'd ask you both to remain calm while I summon aid."  

Green energies surrounded the dust. Making it sparkle within in its own unholy light as sand became actual limbs. Smoke started rising, carrying with it a rather unique rotten odor.

A skeletal head, definitely not human using a newly formed leg like arm as a pole, shot out of the ever growing, ever forming dust. screaming with desire to destroy, tear and rip.

More limbs started to form as the being could now use freshly formed hands to rise up, giving way for a rather small lower section that had been forming separately.

"Attach." She said silently and as if on a queue the green energy united, forcing them into one being. Looming over them as a Grotesque yet very slim bone monstrosity. The large shoulders and leg like hands ended in a tripod set of dragon claw's.

The green energies where now forming visible face features like those thick moldy dreadlocks hiding his pair of thin green slit's for eyes while gently caressing the enormous jaw forever forced to smile.

"Lord Ranar this is Krug my most trusty servant. Please let him risk his un life before you risk yours."

To everybody's suprise Krug spoke. Coughing at first before unleashing a dark string of vocal cords to test his tongue. "Falalalalalalalalalaaaaa."  Like a really old man with a dry, soar and dustfilled throat.

"Mistress. I haven't seen you in years! You promised we would spend Quality time together. "

Anonymous

"Well, I best be getting on to clearing the house of lizardfolk, if you find that eye, keep it from them,"  Hachen said after Molly summoned Krug, "Pig allonsy!"  He shouted before jumping over the hole and dashing down the corridor, pig trailed close behind him.  

Hachen didn't quite have a plan on how to beat lizardfolk without lethal force, but that never stopped him from fighting other things.  He soon found himself in front of two lizardfolk, one carried a large flail the size of Hachen's head, the other was just chanting.  The lizard swung the flail and Hachen ducked and waited.  When the flail was at the right position he pointed his wand at the chain and it broke, sending the flail head into the lizards helmet clad head.  

Hachen stood to face the other lizard but it didn't last long, a bolt of lightning shot from outside, shattering the window and striking Hachen.  It hit hard enough to fling Hachen out a window at the other end of the hallway.  The lizard jumped through the broken window to see Hachen covered in mud on his hands and knees.  The lizard started chanting again but Hachen stood up and he was preforming the same chant, but he started a few seconds earlier.  When he finished he shot his bolt of lightning right at the lizard knocking into the wall of the villa, knocking it out cold.  More lizards started to gather around Hachen so he made a barrier around himself and started the chant again.

Anonymous

Ranar was slightly disappointed that neither Molly nor Hatchen reacted to his little dramatics. No matter. Now was probably not the time for silliness. He watched in silence as Molly poured some glittering dust onto the floor, some distant part of him regretting the rugs that she was going to ruin. A small part of him, somewhere in the back of his head, cringed at the debasement. It was going to cost him quite a bit to repair all of this.

Ranar watched as Molly performed her ritual, his curiosity turning to wonder as the sand condensed into the semblance of limbs. What in the world was this going to be? He stepped back slightly to get away from the odor that was emanating from the smoke. He felt his skin crawl when screams started flowing from it. What unholy thing was being summoned? Only one way to find out.

After a bit, and with a mumbled word from Molly, the green stuff came together into a rather large skeletal monstrosity. Ranar nodded along to what Molly said. Why put himself in danger when there was something better suited at hand? Ranar was only mildly surprised when the creature started talking. He'd seen stranger before.

Ranar was slightly surprised, however, when Hatchen volunteered to go off and start killing lizards. Surely he was joking, after all there was...nope, Hatchen was already running off. Ranar stood there, staring at the spot Hatchen had been at. "Surely he's joking? After all." He turned to look at the monstrosity that was Krug. "We have this very capable looking exterminator right here. But where are my manners?" He bowed to the summoned minion. "It is a pleasure to meet you Krug. I am Lord Ranar Ingram, master of this villa."

A thought suddenly struck him. Where were all the lizards? He'd admit that his villa wasn't exactly on the small side but they must have patrols. It'd only make sense. After all, they hadn't caught anybody yet. Well, not successfully at least. He thought. Yet there was still the matter of Hatchen running off. Ranar thought the man looked like he was capable of defending himself but it would never do to have a guest die. That only left one option then. He said as much before turning to go after the last member of the defense.

((Fail post is fail. ;.; ))

Anonymous

Calculations were speeding through Hachen's head as he chanted the lightning call.  He also needed to focus on keeping up his barrier against the beating the lizards were administering.  He was about to run out of stamina when finally he finished the chant.  

Lightning shot down on to a single drop of rain, then to Hachen, it seemed like time went in slow motion and the lightning bolt shot rain drop to rain drop passing through a lizard each time, or bouncing off their metal weapons.  

When the lightning bolt finally stopped hopping around Hachen let down his barrier and he stood their with the lizards.  Then all at once both he and the lizards collapsed in the mud.  Them from the damage of the shock, him from exhaustion; No one was killed though like he planned.  

Pig ran to Hachen and nudged him a few times before looking around for any enemies ready to protect his friend.  Pig knew there were still more lizards on the beach and in the house.  Whether the large lighting attack would attract them or not he didn't know, but that lightning would be visible and audible for miles all around.

Anonymous

«Oooh, so thats why i havent been summoned in years. You found another one of those attractive rich folks to play around with.» Molly was already tiering, summoning this lard of bones was a large investement in power but now that he was summoned shed be able to keep him around for ages. She had forgotten how annyoing he was but his skills in annoyance where at least matched with his skills in combat.

«No Krug, I havent been outside of Thanatos for over a decade. This isnt another Teep Jao from Thanatos. Lets get going after Hatchen before he injures himself.» Pointing the way it didnt take long before Krug jumped over the hole that had been made for the 3 lizardfolk that had kidnapped her previously.

Moving around like a Giant Gorilla suprisingly agile and fast, the noise of his arms as they hit the floor would be enough to wake the entire villa.Molly decided to slide across the edges of the hole soon finding herself on the other side following the faster more able bodied Ranar. Krug had already stopped to slay a pair of Lizardmen.

Their tormented screams as they where pummeled to death with little resistance pierced the air. Eventually after a few combat Rawrg's and a slight comment about acing bone's. He silenced the battered duo by impaling their throats with sharp dragonclaw fingers.

«Ranar it was? Pleasure to meet you too. Im Krug now, didnt always have these wierd part's. I used ta be a nobleman myself.» He managed to say before more came streaming out of a door. The sound of sword against bone before he cracked their skulls open or crushed their ribcage's with tremendous power before breaking the last ones back as if it was a stick.

«Sorry for spilling blood all over your carpet's and wrecking the place. Think of it as remoddeling. Atleast thats what i did when Molly came around for my body. She spared no expence wrecking my tomb but now Im alive. Bastardly shame that. Eternal sleep wasnt an option though.»

More came streaming from a cross sectioned corridor. But he kept them from getting past with the sheer size of his body and threathening waving hands. Blood was streaming from his knuckle's as sword clinged against bones again. «These lizardfolk are a brave bunch.

Rather suicidal dont you think?» then that sickening crunching sound as a skull cracked open along with desperate screams as he gripped a pair of others. Tossing them into their comrades, using them as clubs. Before long the lizardmen where nothing but crushed bodies and blood was starting to become a pool up before they could move on.

Then Krug came to the cross section looking both ways before asking what way to go.

Looking out from a ruined window before making her rapport to Ranar. Molly let Krug do his work, he always did that handsome fellow. Her strength was returning as death started defiling the house.

She had taken an eye with one of the dead lizardmen. Fresh red blood streaming down the path where black blood had previously paved a way. She had tossed away her monk robes, running around in lighter and more revealing black yet barely covering linen underwear attached to  a set of silver piercing's

You could see scars covering her entire body and the varying the degree of rot as she walked past windows or in the torch light.

«Apparently this Hatchen fellow resides outside with his pig watching over him? He has knocked out a small army of these disrespectful scaly maggot's but most of them will surely wake up in an hour or so.»

Anonymous

Ranar followed along behind the giant lizard-killer. Krug made it look almost easy to dispatch the invaders. Of course, the undead usually didn't need to worry about losing their life which made them fairly courageous in battles. There wasn't much that Ranar could do since Krug was snapping up the lizards as fast as they appeared, so he was content to let the bone summon do what he was called on to do.

That didn't stop him from conversing with Ranar. The undead minion almost seemed chipper in his gory work, telling Ranar of what he used to be and how he came to be this way. The living noble wasn't paying much attention. While he kept half a mind on his surroundings, to make sure nothing harmful got too near to him, Ranar's mind was working furiously on how he would be able to control who was made aware of what happened here and how he could pay for the cleanup without too many questions being asked. It was going to be a rather large headache for him.

Ranar was brought out of his brooding when Molly said Hatchen was outside. Ranar looked out a shattered window and saw Hatchen laying on the ground, his pig trying to revive him, surrounded by lizards laying lifeless. Molly had suggested that the lizards probably wouldn't be out for long. Ranar carefully used the window as an exit, his rapier in his hand. He would make sure the lizards stayed down but first he wanted to make sure that Hatchen was still alive.

Ranar kneeled next to Hatchen, placing two fingers against his throat and felt for a pulse. Good, still alive. Ranar got back up and started shoving the tip of his rapier through one lizard skull after another. "Hey Krug." He shouted back at the villa. "Would you mind stepping on a few of these for me? It would speed things up a bit."

Anonymous

Krug, looked at Molly. Who returned the stare for a few seconds. Then the bone construct shrugged his shoulders and jumped out of the same window, without the same methodical care a normal person would have used. Smashing the windows wooden support frame. Molly could cry silently before following after the two with great care. Taking her time while they mopped up the miscreants.

«You should be careful Lord Ranar. If you had fallen from the window you could easily have broken your neck.» It took the pair of warriors a few moments to clear up the mass of unconscious lizard folk. Krug was chewing on the last ones leg, rising it up so the tunic skirt flipped open, revealing the male genitalia.. «I think this is their leader thingy.»

«Oh, you can tell?»

«He has slightly finer clothing, a map and a set of unreadable papers attached to his waist belt. Aside from that, no i cant tell. Who knows maybe he can even speak common?» It was then most of the house windows erupted with more of the creatures. In truth a ghastly amount, even for a raiding party this was rather unheard of. Ungodly screams and the sound of chain mail filling the air. Krug put the lizard thing next to Hatchen before turning to face the odds, urging his fellow companions to take Hatchen and dash for it.

Anonymous

Yet another reason why Ranar didn't particularly like the life of a noble. People always worrying about you and what not. Combine that with the political stresses, the paperwork, and all the management headache, he figured it reasonable to long for his younger days when all he had to worry about was how to get his next meal and if he should try for a tavern wench or not.

Nostalgia wouldn't help him here though. "Don't need to worry about me, Molly." He commented to her. "I've survived worse falls landing in worse positions. A little window hopping isn't going to kill me." Krug's find perked his interest, if not how he was holding the lizard-man, but before he could reply, lizards were spilling out of every opening of the house. It was astounding really. What would be the point of sending so many to take over this one little house? It's not like he had an army of guards at his disposal here. Ugh. Fate was not being a kind mistress to him this night.

Nevertheless. He was a noble. Nobles did not run away, especially when their homes were put under assault for no discernible reason. No, he would not run. He would stay and fight. He readied his rapier. "As much as I appreciate the gesture, Krug, I will be joining you in this fight. I will not be content to allow my villa to be attacked and ransacked. They will not take this place without a payment in blood." He shifted into a more balanced stance. "And I'll exact a high price."

Anonymous

The mansion was silent, or well as silent as it could be with lizard warriors searching trough every room and floor. Any sort of real fight had died out and servants were being rounded up in the lord's main hall. All in all a rather satisfactory end to this small raid. Humping across a large carpet with a sewn on wooden leg a dark cloak covering most of his lizardly features. Golden slits where his eyes should be, lighting up the room like bright torches.

Smelling the electrified yet destructive air around him with every snip of his tongue before moving further on. Every step a challenge, but he had grown with the challenge in hopes that he soon would be able to afford something to finally balance him out. Green scales much like his brethren yet covered in different leather belt's and every belt held a considerable amount of pocket's or holsters.

From a ruined window Hank could see a monstrous monstrosity, his lordship Ranar Ingram and a lightly dressed girl, surprised for the first time in many month's. Never once during his visits to Thanatos had he seen such a marvellous mixture of bones and magic held together by quite obviously this woman. Unless the lord had discovered latent magical power's and become an adept necromancer overnight.

Not unheard of during these times. Oh how alluring the girl was to him, he had a slight fetish for necromancers, not that many desired him in return. His tongue smelling the incoming air of undeath, biting the air longingly as his manhood started swelling, rising.

Undoubtedly the plebeians on second floor had been done in quickly by this one.
"Captain, we have found the book and have looted the place as ordered."

Sweating with surprise, his heart fluttering like a youngster caught in the act of masturbation. Ice Cold eyes darting in the direction of the voice wanting to punish them only to find his second in command. He couldn't punish him, not without repercussions.

"Yesss' i shall signal retreat."

Hank, sized up the trio, staring at his future prize while picking up a curled sort of instrument sporting 3 strings. By blowing on them in a specific manner almost like magic.

Creating a soundless rhythm only hear able to animals. Starting what might appear like a unison riot of movement, they jumped out of every crack or hole they could find. Everybody running back towards the ship while ignoring the defender's. Rather clueless as everyone were.

Fortunately for Ranar Ingram, nobody would have paid his bounty should they have desired to kidnap him.

jumping off the ruined window, scooting off trying to not attract attention to himself. Hank hurrying away in his usual unbalanced gait, dreaming of the day he would see that zombie woman again.

Molly could only despair, imagining this as the end of Ranar ingram. No way could Krug and him slay this many, Scraping the bottom of her barrel there simply was nothing more magic to dig fourth. "Im sorry Ranar, Im spent, everything I have goes to Krug."

Already placing herself behind Ranar with practiced movement preparing anything the lord might need to support continued fighting.

Drugs to deaden pain, potions that increased adrenaline. Bandages and leather straps to stop bleeding and a scalpel to defend herself with.

Krug roared and acted all scary like. He knew she was spent and had cut out his usually chipper state to present a scarier outlook. Already he could feel his throat becoming sore. Biting down on a lizard, using its blood to grease up his innards before roaring again. "Ah that's better. Nothing like a little lizard blood to clear yer throat."

Most of the crowd of lizards avoided direct confrontations with them, instead opting to circle around. Molly's first reaction was fear. Where they going to circle them in and whittle them down for capture? No, eventually there were no one left. Nothing except bodies, gore, a screaming pig and the unconscious lizard near Hatchen.

(OOC: oh god im so terrible. The vacation helped my imagination you can say x3)

Anonymous

He nodded to what Molly said. "If we're to meet Death this night, I shalln't give him an easy time of taking me." He could feel his heart pounding faster. Well...Looks like this is the end. Had a good run though. Really, the only thing he regretted was the plans that he had laid that would go unfulfilled. He had had such high hopes for his future as well. Perhaps he would only be taken hostage, there would still be a change of life then, right? He mentally chastised himself. He would rather die than be taken prisoner. The only way they would take his sword from his is when it was pried from his lifeless hands.

It appeared that situation wouldn't be necessary though. The Lizards streamed by the them, give the trio a wide birth, which made it very apparent that there would be no more killing this night. Ranar sheathed his rapier. "How very...odd. They must have found whatever it was they were looking for." He mused aloud. "I'll have to take inventory to see what it was they took." He looked up a Krug. "I don't suppose that you can be gentle enough to carry Hachen inside?"

While he waited on the undead's response, the Lord's mind went to other things. Why bring such a large force against such a soft target? True, he probably should have more defenses being so close to the sea and all to protect against pirates looking for a soft land target, but this just seemed unnecessary. So many questions, so many hypotheticals, yet none satisfied him. He would just have to let time show him the way.

Anonymous

"Why yes of course. I'll take them both. The lizard man here may be able to provide us with some more parts of this mysterious puzzle. Pretty soon afterwards the undead had one over each shoulder with Molly looking darkly down on the ground walking besides him. She felt it almost as if this was her fault, if she had only done things differently, saved everything for an area of effect spell, while letting Ranar do what Krug had done.

Summoning up her ace minion too soon, and then leading everyone into open ground where they would be very vulnerable for counterattack. It was almost as if the lizard folk had placed Hatchen there as a trap. "I'm sorry for the damages caused by Krug your lordship. It was not my intention when I summoned him and in retrospect it was probably horribly unnecessary."

Looking slightly upwards now that they re entered the house, a few surviving guardsmen resting at the door. Wiping sweat off their brow's, while giggling at the fact that they were still alive and relatively unharmed.

Upon sighting the lord they tried their best to do a salute, their arms and legs tired and filled with lactic acid. The salute proving too much of a task for them, crashing into each others before falling down on weary legs. One of them, probably a sergeant if that was his sash across the right arm spoke, relatively uncaring about the monstrosity behind his lord.

"Morning your lordship. Bit oh work so late in the night. We managed to put up defences and hold them off at hospital wing, kitchen and at the squad barracks."

Looking up at his lord with rather stoic but tired eyes, he had seen enough death managing the defence he had been in charge of.

"Brave Bucket had ta charge off with a squad ta find ye. Figured that defence, was useless unless his lordship was secure behind one of em but not willing ta risk everyone's life and break up our lines. So he took those of us he could and charged off. Probably in hospital wing now, or worse."

Krug put down Hatchen and the lizard man creature they had found, wiping off imaginary tears and putting a friendly very claw like hand on the high lord's shoulders "Until next fight." Then everything turned to dust whirling down into a box held out by Molly. She looked up into the sky, one lizard and one brown shimmering brightly as the situation lightened up. "If you could take care of these two that would free me up to visit the hospital wing and provide help."

Anonymous

Ranar nodded his thanks to Krug before turning towards Molly. "Buildings can be rebuilt. Humans are harder to replace." He put his hand on her shoulder. "Better to be prepared for the worst outcomes." He turned away and started walking towards the villa, picking his way carefully over the corpses. As the Lord came to the doors, he returned the soldiers' salutes with a nod. "I'll make my way over to the hospital wing then." He replied to the soldier.

Ranar turned at the sound of Krug setting his charges onto the ground and bid the creature farewell. Molly's minion had been instrumental in the defense of the villa and of Ranar himself. After all, who's to say those lizards wouldn't have just streamed right through him if Krug had not been there. Back to the matter at hand though. How would he be able to get both Hachen and the lizard inside? For sure he couldn't do it on his own. "If you feel like you must help, you're more than welcome to follow me to the hospital wing, but I suggest you find some rest first." The Lord knelt down and gently picked Hachen up. "Make sure this lizard doesn't try to go anywhere." Ranar motioned Molly to follow him between the two saluting guards.

There was a larger bustling at the villa than there normally was. Every servant was inside checking up on relatives, finding places to help, or just wandering around in a daze. The Lord hadn't taken more than a dozen steps before a servant offered to carry Hachen for him, which Ranar gladly accepted. Many of the servants expressed joy that their Lord hadn't been taken or killed in the assault and it gave many of them a renewed hope that everything would turn out alright. The hopeful mood it put Ranar in was dulled as he neared the hospital wing.

Normally, the hospital "wing" only occupied a few rooms due to injuries there were rarely worse than cuts and bruises or severe sickness. Now, however, at least a half dozen rooms had been commandeered for its purposes. The one doctor and nurse had assigned at least one servant to each room so they would not have to run back and forth between every room to make sure all patients were watched over.

"My Lord." One of the servants near the entrance called to him. "I apologize for my Lord's inconvenience but the doctor is currently operating to try a save a few soldiers lives. If my Lord, or anybody in your party, isn't in any immediate danger, I ask that you wait in that room," She pointed to a nearby room with a youth of about twenty standing at the door. "and I will let the Doctor know that you are waiting for him."

Ranar nodded his thanks and motioned the servant carrying Hachen to the room before turning to Molly. "I think that you may have to wait a bit before you're able to ply your trade. It'd be a good time for rest." He smiled slightly. "I think you've earned it." Ranar reached into his coat pocket and drew out a quill pen with a black streak across it. "If Lazarus objects to you helping out, give him this." He gave it to Molly. "It should quell him."  Ranar took a breath before shaking himself out. "What are the casualties like?" He asked the woman behind the fold-up desk. "Not that bad, my Lord, considering what they could be." He nodded. The attack had been nothing more than a distraction. They had been after something.

"Do you know where I can find Savel?" The servant nodded. "The Head of House is in his study directing recovery efforts and, if I may say my Lord, is quite frantic that he doesn't know where you are." Ranar nodded absently. There was really nothing that he could do but go see how things were coming along and to put Savel's fears to rest. Damn but did he feel useless. He turned away from the wing and headed towards Savel's study.

A knock at the door preceded Ranar's entry into the study. Savel looked up. He looked ready to collapse. First the attack and now trying to direct the recovery. It was far and beyond what he was hired for. "My Lord!" He exclaimed getting up. Ranar motioned him to stay seated. He complied with a smile.
"So how're things, Savel?"
"Hectic, my Lord." Ranar nodded. "I've started a search to find out everything that was taken in the assault. It looks like they took everything that wasn't nailed down and that was light enough for a single person to carry, except...." He looked troubled.
"What is it?" He prompted after a few seconds silence.
"They took the book from your study. The one you were going to let Ms. Molly have a look at in the morning."

Anonymous

Hachen may have been unconscious but that didn't mean pig wasn't going to do anything.  Now that Hachen was safe in the hospital wing pig used his sense of smell to locate people that were buried under objects and hard to notice.  If there was no one nearby pig would even drag the people to the hospital wing by biting their collar and pulling, it was a bit stronger than people gave it credit for.