Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Rising Legacy (Open!)

Started by Anonymous, February 22, 2009, 11:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Being present nearby within the hospital wing of Ranar Ingrams mansion made the bondaries that separate spirit from body weaken slighty, Even as the lord spoke and the doctor was operating she could feel part of her mind wander off to a place no mortal should go. At least not yet.

Nodding and flustered she took her leave to wait and did not desire a further comment from the lord. Her determination was always what saved her from fading into a husk, worse would come. Perhaps there would be parts here she could use.

Taking the time to pluck within her bag a small potion to restore much needed mana for the tasks at hand. "time spent resting will be time spent well." was said as a sort of ritual before gulping down the content's. Old veins creaked open, pulsating white fluid gushed onto and out of them, making her a small source of light for any casual passerby. Awaiting the doctors arrival.

>of Lizards and lord's.<

Coughing blood, Radwin swallowed his pride and put one foot across the other, he hoped he was dying but he also could not let this pass. Captured, by humans non the less. A veritable insult to everything he stood for yet still alive. Precious moments flashed by and reality seemed to take ages to get trough.

And so it was that he stumbled around, hearing servants scream for the lord of the house. He did not care for what the screamed about or how scary he looked right now, eyes of a drunken man, stumbling about while sputtering blood here and there, his breathing hoarse and getting worse every minute.

With him he carried a pair of soldiers head's, probably had not thought he'd be much of a threat when lying there unconconcius.

Untill finally, more of these armored lad's came about. Shouting ensued, bloody brilliant. Then they stayed their hands. Realising that he was no threat to anyone anymore as his body crumbled upon itself. Let me die now he begged his godess, and she refused him to leave his earthen shell.

"My body wont work, bastard's." He defiantly spat out before darkness once again claimed him.

Anonymous

Damn. Damn damn damn. Ranar sighed and rubbed at his temples. There wasn't anything he could do about it now. The lizards had run off to who knew where and he had to focus on fixing what they had broken. He glanced at the man who had been directing the daily activities in the villa since before Ranar had come into possession of it.

"You need rest Savel." He stated. The other man looked up at him in alarm. Ranar held up a hand to forestall anything he was going to say. "No. I insist. You already look like you're about to fall over. I can take over until morning." Seeing that Ranar was not going to change his mind, Savel pushed himself up with a weary smile. "As you wish, my Lord." Ranar waved him off. "Go. Get some sleep. You've earned it."

Savel hadn't been gone long before another servant burst into the room. "S-sir! There's a-a..." She trailed off, seeing Ranar seated behind the desk where she expected another. "M-my Lord-d." She curtsied. "F-forgive me, I-I expect-ected to find the H-Head of the House-se." The Lord nodded. "Savel's getting some well deserved rest. Now." He said, standing up. "What is the matter."

She chewed on her bottom lip. He waited patiently for her to speak. "O-one of the l-lizard m-men is wal-alking through the h-house with t-t-two guard heads." She stuttered, eyes wide with fear. He cursed himself for his stupidity. "Show me." She nodded and dashed off. Normally, Ranar would have been loath to run through a house but he thought he could spare the exception.

He was lead to the entrance way, where a large crowd had formed around something. He didn't need to guess to know what it was. A few people standing at the back turned around to see what the commotion was that hurried up behind them. Realizing it was the Lord of the villa, they started spreading the word to let Ranar through. He walked up to the collapsed lizard-man, eyes as hard as diamonds. He should end it now, for the sake of the guards the thing had killed.

But no.

He would keep this thing alive, get information from it. If it died now, their deaths would have been for nothing. He didn't have to like it though.

Anonymous

Panthing lightly, body refusing to listen but his breath still steady Radwin conserved his own energy and waited patiently for the moment of true capture. Servants observed him, but he was not after them. Waiting for what would seem like eternity until a man appeared, either a commander or the man of the house. Regardless it was as good as it would ever get.

"Listen to me human." He growled angrily at first, angry with shame that he had been beaten so easily, like a babe. "Im slowly dying to a poison flowing trough my veins. Its acting slow since i was taken out faster than my assassin thought possible." Recalling his fall, and the numbness he had felt then take hold of his body. Yet refusing to give into it.

His throat was horse with guilt. If only he had predicted this. "At the very least, to atone for my partake in this intrusion. I have given you my body to do vengeance upon."

"Be thankful. It is more than most get."

Anonymous

It was a tempting offer but he had already made up his mind. Ranar pointed at who thought were the five strongest servants that were gathered. "You, you, you, you, and you." The designated stepped forward. "Two of you grab its legs, two grab its arms, and the fifth hold its torso and meet me in the hospital wing." They nodded and started to circle the lizard laying on the ground. "Be careful around it. Who knows how much of this is an act." The servants paused for a second, exchanged slightly nervous glances, nodded, then went back to work. Ranar went on ahead so he could find and convince Lazarus or, failing that, find Molly and see if she would help.

Ranar got back to the bulging medical wing in time to catch the doctor stepping out of one of the rooms. "Lazarus!" The doctor turned to him. "I'm sorry my Lord but if you're not critically injured, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to wait." Ranar nodded and caught the doctor's arm as he turn to go. "It's not me that needs your help, one of the lizards didn't run with the rest. He's almost dead and I need information out of him." Lazarus' face hardened. "I'm sorry my Lord but I cannot in good conscience help save one who has help caused this." His sweeping arm took in the medical wing. Ranar sighed. "I understand, do you know where I can find Molly?" The doctor nodded to a room. "I believe I saw her last in there." Ranar nodded his thanks and headed to the room.

"Molly, are you in here?"

Anonymous

"Your doctor is very skilled, but he is no necromancer." Stating the obvious as she sat next to a patients bed, having spent little time doing anything sensible rather staying out of the doctors way and being at his beck and call.

It was easier that way, no argument from her side to acting nurse instead of forcing her methods on unsuspecting subjects. At the very least the people here would not die to having their innards rotting into nothing.

Her one good yellow lizard eye looked intensly at Ranar Ingram, the other eye was gone. Nothing in its place, while her skin had darkened further. Slightly pervading the air with a hint of Rotting flesh.

She had given it to this man who had lost his. His bloodtype matched and while the eyesight was poorer than his natural eye. It would be better than nothing.

Female intuision told her this might be urgent, some pattern in Ranar's posture perhaps? Something told her the day was still young.

"Yes?" she asked of him, eyebrows raised and hands crossed.

Radwin furiously looked up at the men posted to carry him, ever since Ranar had vanished from his sight anger had started to fade away from the calm stillness of death.

He finally felt the cold touch of death and confronted it like that of a cornered predator. Growling and squirming powerlessly in the hands of those that carried him. Even if he had the strength there would be no honor gained from attacking these men trying to save his life so he could be questioned like a prisoner or worse. "How dare you have me carried like this! How dare you refuse my offer of vengence!"

Then his body started decenting into the abyss, coughing blood and worse. Darkness captured his soul for a time. Floating there for what seemed like ages. Sudden jolts of pain made his throat ghasp for air. Furiously coughing and clinging to what little remained of his life.

Anonymous

A black cloaked figure walked down the soaked path into the port city, a name ringing in her ear. They said he had connections he could help her. Her heeled boot sinking into the ground. The harsh sea breeze, blew back her cloak. Her ink black hair blew in the wind, her pale skin contrasting greatly. Her cyan eyes squinting against the harsh wind. The smell of sea salt was heavy in the air but a certain pungent smell laid underneath, "Blood?" she whispered.

She followed the small to a villa that look like it had been demolished. The smell was fresh, along the smell of rotting flesh. She wrinkled her nose as the smell and immediately shifted to get closer.

She crept closer to the villa, her ears twitched at the new sound of voices. She ran over and hopped up on a window sill. She looked past her small black feline reflection, to see two people talking. A woman who reeked of rotting flesh, and the man made her eyes widen. Her pupils grew small and she started to meow loudly through the glass, Her small black paws kneaded the cold wet glass. She looked to the man, looking around. She hoped he would take her in. Who would deny a small soggy black cat shelter?

Anonymous

The High Lord stopped a second in the doorway. She was...missing an eye and wasn't the slightest bit perturbed by it. He blinked a few times before clearing his throat to continue. "Yes. Well, I have somebody that I need to stay alive. I didn't want to bother you about it but Lazarus refuses to help." He looked out a nearby window and blinked a few times to try to clear his vision. Was that a cat? His lack of sleep must be catching up with him. Ranar continued talking, though distractedly "It's one of the Lizards and I need information from him." The servants carrying the lizard brought it in and placed it in an empty bed.

He moved closer towards the window. It was a cat. Why in the world would a cat be clawing at a window here? Ranar could easily smell the stench of death so it must have been even stronger for the cat's nose. Ranar unlatched the window and slide it up. "What in the world are you doing here?" He picked up the cat and placed it one the ground next to him. "I thought everything that had happened around here would have scared you off." He shook his head and turned back towards Molly. "So will you do it?"

Anonymous

Molly eyed the servants carrying this Lizard man. Watching their rough movements and futile attempts to carry that much weight properly, her ears focused only halfway on Ranar Ingrams voice. More so she listened in on the thing he wanted cured. Her head spun thoughts faster and faster as vast amount of information and experience presented her with ample opportunities to bring him back from the dead.

This was her forte. Bringing people back from death itself to serve a purpose amongst the living once more.

She looked down on the floor with folded arms. Observing the trail of blood servants already trying to mop it up, caching her self in the act of walking towards the being Ranar wanted alive. He was most likely beyond regular means to save. "I always deal in death, It just depends on how much his life is worth to you."

"I could transfuse him with the bodies of your recent dead, but I will still need one body with everything intact. One of your servants will do. Or I could break my wows, and only use the bodies of your recent dead."

Her voice was focused and intense, seemingly clearer than the gurgle of a very sick and dying lizard. She had planned to break her wows eventually, here it was and the man seemed capable enough.

"I am not greedy, the first choice requires no payment other than that you let me aid you in tracking down the artefacts that were stolen and that they are given to me. The last requires that you help me a great deal more as broken wows are never looked kindly upon by my colleagues...."

Anonymous

The cat mew softly, as the man's hands wrapped around her chest and lifted her from the window to the floor. She shook out her soggy fur and rubbed herself against Ranar's leg purring, obviously grateful for his kindness. Athia continued rubbing herself against him, not only because the warmth felt good against he cold fur and bones but she seemed to have stumbled in at a bad time and revealing herself now would be extremely awkward.

The woman spoke of necromancy, something she had heard about and seen practiced once. It always amazed her what abilities people could obtain. She could never imagine doing it herself, she preferred the idea of the desceased staying desceased. The smell of death reeked inside the whole establishment. It made her sneeze on several occasions as she tried to clear the scent away from her nose. It seemed they wanted to revive someone, but like everything else in life it had it requirements. This woman didn't demand much but it definitely seemed like she would get in a lot of trouble for what she could possibly be doing.

Athia watched silently, hoping to find a way to get time with Lord Ranar alone, but she would have to wait. Patience was her virtue.

Anonymous

He thought about it for no more than thirty seconds. This lizard was his best, and only, shot at the information he needed. There was no way in hell that Ranar was going to let tonight go unpunished. "I cannot allow you to use anybody living for this." There would be a colossal uproar if he allowed it. "We'll talk about your compensation later. So long as I find out who my sword will next be acquainted with I will help you as much as I am able." He bent down and pick the cat up. "Let me know when you're done."

Ranar stopped on his way out of the infirmary to let Lazarus know about what Molly was going to do. The doctor's face looked set in stone when the High Lord was done but said nothing as he turned back to his work. I might not have a doctor here before long. Ranar thought regretfully as he passed the servant sitting at the infirmary entrance. Lazarus was skilled at his craft and he would be sad to see the doctor leave.

He stopped at the foot of the stairs leading to the floor above, idly stroking the cat. It had been an exhausting night and he had had little enough sleep as it was before the commotion started. Reports and requests were probably waiting for him up in Savel's study. Sleep was drawing its fingers through Ranar's veins. He sighed. There was work to do and he needed to do it. I just hope nothing else decides to pop up tonight. He thought wistfully.

Anonymous

Hachen awoke to find himself in a hospital bed with pig sleeping on the floor next to him.  He didn't remember much of what happened after the lizardfolk surrounded him, he just let his instinct take over, but had no clue what he did or how he survived.  Hachen tried to sit up but he got light headed and fell back into the bed.  He held his head as the room swirled around him and closed his eyes so he wouldn't get nauseous.

Anonymous

Molly watched Ranar disappear, her mind already working on finding a solution. Already feeling the tinge of regret, she had offered a solution where no life would go to waste but hers and he had taken it.

Mechanically her hand reached into the purse, pulling out a jar filled with black leeches, ordering those who carried him in to evacuate the remaining patients inside this room. Their faces grew pale but nodding in agreement they did as commanded.

The lizard had stopped his moaning, her right hand checked for pulse. Feint but still there, hastily she opened the glass jar, pouring half on top of his chest, and tying them to a string of magic, instantly as if trained they went to work, crawling in their ordered directions as a platoon of experienced servants.

She pulled a nurse to the side, telling them to get a cauldron of boiling water and fill it with linen to use for bandages, and then a servant he had to get coat hangers.

Already she felt the consequences of her offering, a slight tinge at the back of her head, a barrier broken. She had taken oaths long ago, not knowing any better. She knew with her wisdom gained from hardships and working that life in itself was never a blessing, yet she always found herself wishing to create some. Like a godess.

Grinning madly she vanished out of the room, keeping a fast pace she found her target quickly. "Lazarus, I will have every recently deceased man, woman or child you can dig up carried to my room as fast as humanly possible." Smiling as if it was a common thing to ask, and then she saw his stern face, nodding as if approving of his attitude to the whole ordeal.

"Ingram's orders and I need the freshest ones now, preferably one you have just recently failed to save."

Anonymous

The cat mewed as it was lifted into Ranar's arms. She purred softly, her paws kneading his soft coat. She purred loudly as he stopped to think. Sleep seemed to be pulling at his eyes. She watched silently, enjoying the free attention, as he made his way to the study. She looked up at him and touch her nose to his and gave it a little lick before jumping out of his arm and trotted over to his desk.

She laid down watching him slowly make his way to his desk. Hearing his sigh, she walked over, her paws kneading as she circled into a small black purring ball. She closed her eyes, a rich velvety voice wafted into the quiet air, "It seems like you have had a long day, High Lord Ranar. Maybe you should rest?" the voice chuckled lightly. The cat yawned and looked up at the man, her cyan eyes bright and thoughtful.

Anonymous

He managed to pull himself up the stairs and into Savel's study. Ranar watch as the cat made its way to the desk. He hadn't had many cats over the years but something struck him as odd about this particular feline. He dismissed it as tiredness, however, and sat behind the desk. The High Lord sighed as he saw the reports and requests that had piled up in his absence. This was suppose to be a vacation too. Ugh.

The sudden voice startled him slightly. Where in the world did that come from? He though, looking around. He had to be hallucinating. There was no one around that that voice could have come from. Unless....He looked at the cat. No. It was absurd. Of course, he'd heard of shape-changers before, he'd encountered a few in his youth, but really, a cat? Ranar shook his head. The exhaustion was getting to him. There was no way he'd be an effective administrator in his state.

He summoned a servant to take away the papers and told him to spread the word that Ranar would be retiring. Once the servant was gone, he eyed the cat carefully. "Ok then, is there anything you want to say before I head to bed?" He was definitely going out of his mind.

Anonymous

Hachen takes his time getting up and walks over to the nearest window.  Pig snorts and Hachen pieces together what happened from what he could understand and he stood there thinking, "I hope they don't come again."  A nurse comes in and she proceeds to explain the situation to him and asks him to sit back down.  She goes to the back of the room and bring up some food for him to eat.  He eats while talking the the nurse and pig, she thought it was strange that Hachen talked to pig like he understood but she just saw lizard folk, she had already convinced herself that she was in a dream a while ago.

Anonymous

<OOC: I went ahead of time and decided to just post the entire thing.>

Cracking her knuckles expectantly, almost as if waiting for thunder to strike or a piano to play, oh that would have been wondrous. She pulled out the leather apron that had been stewing in boiling water, as well as the disinfected axe. By virtue of boiling water her hands would be equally clean.

The doors where locked, and entrances manned to ensure that no man would witness what was going on inside her new compartments, as it has always been. Once you possess the knowledge, and have used it to an extent.

Experience dictated this to be an easy task. Reworking his vessels, sadly his entire body seemed infected by this vile toxin. It was still going trough more subtle stages, working on his insides and reaching for the brain one organ at the time like a serpent savouring the hunt and its prey before gobbling it up greedily.

There where several ways to save this person, and since Ranar did not know an easy way out. She had every possible option within her grasp.

Chuckling maliciously as she drew the circles of life with spare intestines. Connecting them together before unleashing the serpents blood to the ground, spilling it on everything as green energies lighted up his insides, a brief moment of exertion gathering the corpses at her disposal and fusing them within the void of life.

As expected the victim was still clamouring for his body, the soul refusing the leave until the very last second. A gamble, a hope, like a drowning man for air or a thirsty one for water this lizard was hoping either instinctively or foolishly to life and she would answer.

Morning came, she had been at it all night, most of the corpses where spread apart and their good parts had been taken and made use of.

Reinforcing him with every ounce of knowledge she had ever gained. Twice the mass in bones and four times as much muscle to support the large frame. A third set of lungs; she had also made use of the bodies herself. Sporting a new set of eyes that actually looked the same, how she had missed out on such small details. A sigh of relief as she was finally done, the subject breathing happily and his four heartbeats blending in with each others in a perfect system now all that was left would be to name him, oh his dead brethren had helped to maintain the outlook of a lizard. He was a masterpiece, he was grander than his kind like a lizard demigod.

A slight testament to the fact that she could transcend most of her sisters in the art of bringing people back and then augmenting them with the limbs, bones and vitals of their fallen comrades. Much better put to use in these countries of conflict than at a scholars table. She was not teacher material, nor did she take interest in playing games with her equal minded fools. "Oh? Decided to awaken?"

The lizard was trying to move like a newborn doll testing its strings and finding them heavier than last he had used them. "Don't worry, anatomically there is nothing to worry about, your brain will just adjust slowly to these new features. How cute, shaking his head in disbelief observing his hands and feet trying to recall what had taken place to give him such gifts. "I made you like this. It took five of your kind to make such a sturdy frame, yet your insides are mostly human, from cold blooded to mammal takes time to adjust, its just the perfect mixture of endurance and potential. You could be so much more if I had the equipment but this is just fine right."

He had noticed her during her rant, seen her smile and probably realised the horror that lay behind everything. "This is still that coward's manor? He who could not even strike a killing blow at a dying lizard? "

"Mhm, he wanted what was inside your mind, you will answer his questions." Molly nodded, this was her only regret, Ranar had wanted to keep the brain alive it might backlash so she had been forced to add into his system, fail safes to keep her and allies from direct harm. Not the first time someone had made zombie dolls out of their enemy and forgotten that their mindset would still be hostile and now he was crying.

Oh gods, what had she done to deserve tears or where they off joy? It was difficult to tell with a lizards face. "You are tied to me, returned from beyond the grave try to forget your previous life. Those who left you behind will have presumed your death, the one who poisoned you made sure of that."

"Revenge." He growled back.

Anonymous

"M-my Lord?"

Ranar groaned. He had not slept soundly. Dark thoughts and dark dreams had plagued the few hours of sleep he had tried to get. Granted, most people would have unsettling dreams after what he had gone through but he was more worried about what Molly would do, or did, to bring that lizard back to life.

"My-my Lord? Are you awake?"

He groaned again. The day was calling and he really wished that his duties could wait. Ranar pushed himself up into a sitting position. He had accepted long ago that there would be times where he would have to work on little sleep. Didn't mean he to liked it.

He swung his legs over the edge of the bed and stood up. "So how have things held up while I was sleeping." He smiled to let the servant know he comment was in jest. It might have been the way her eyes widened or the fear and sadness that spread across her face but something told him things weren't right this morning. He sighed. "Alright, what's the news?"

He dressed as he listened to her report. A good quarter of the people at the estate had died in the raid and another third had been physically wounded in some way. No telling the psychological damage done. It was a disaster. Hopefully Molly's work would set him on the trail of those responsible.

When the servant had given up all the information she had, Ranar dismissed her and stood staring at himself in the mirror. He had decided to dress himself in clothes colored completely black to let those that saw him today know he was deeply saddened by the events. He was angry as well. Angry at the lizards, at himself, but mostly at the faceless being who orchestrated the attack be it a lizard elder or a more sinister foe.

A knock at the door drew him out of his dark thoughts. "Come." A servant, different from the one from before, opened the door and bowed. "My Lord, Miss Beneth has sent word that she is finished with the task that you assigned her." Ranar suppressed a feeling of disgust. He'd partaken in worse things before but necromancy would always leave a bad taste in his mouth. "Very well. Lead the way."

Ranar followed the servant to the rooms Molly had procured for her...'work.' A sense of unease grew in him as he neared the rooms, those manning the door looked ready to sick up. They'd probably been there all night and, after a few quick questions, neither had dared open the doors to see what was inside. He dismissed the servants and stood standing at the doorway.

Nothing to do but bite the bullet and go inside.

He opened the door and had struggled with himself not to throw up. He hurried inside and closed the door behind him. The inside of the room looked worse than any battlefield. The bodies she had used were scattered about the room, the unused parts just laying about like discarded rags. What had he allowed?

No. It was all worth it. It had been for a good cause. Nothing natural would have brought those people back and their bodies had been used to bring vengeance to those that had set loose their souls. It was better this way. At least that's what Ranar kept telling himself. He had to believe that so he could bring those responsible to justice. Anything less and he would crumble.

He fixed his eyes on the beast of a lizard. "Tell me who sent you to attack my manor and for what purpose."

Anonymous

The giant of a lizardman reared his head, blinking twice. Just the act of drawing breath gave sound like that of an ancestor. "I offered my life in vengeance yet you spared me, you people of strange ways." He said sort of nostalgic, the thought of home lingering in his mind.  "I will tell who sent us here."

Molly was still inspecting her creation toughly for flaws her hands and instruments checking every heart, every lung and every stitch for infections. Sadly she had not been able to save anything but the most vital of body parts to keep for spares.

"We wandered the oceans after our homes where destroyed by a god of fire, led by our priests we where. To a place within your country called Jadenshine, there our families where given refuge and land in return for labour, after my warriors had finished clearing out a fortress of dark magic we where given this task by the human chief but only our high priests where told directly."

He leaned closer to Ranar, Molly leaning over his broad shoulders, she was content and smiling. Her new blue eyes, blue like the seas a perfect fit to her white hair while she ogled Ranar from the back of her creation. "Isn't he precious? But like anything living he won't fare well without maintenance."

Anonymous

Hachen had woken a while ago and he and pig had been wondering around the mansion in search of Ranar and Molly to make sure they were okay.  He saw Ranar go into a room so he followed after him.  When he opened the door he saw the organs and other assorted body parts laying around. Pig immediately ran away but Hachen just stood at the doorway looking around.  "Um, did I miss something?"

Anonymous

((I did a little bit of assuming on my part. :3 If you don't want Hachen to comply to what Ranar wants, just let me know and I'll rework this.))

There were a multitude of words that Ranar would use to describe the lizard...thing. Precious wasn't one of them. Horrifying, monstrous, sickening. Those were words that he would have used to describe this...this thing. Not precious. Still, the information he could tell would balance out the terrible cost it took to keep him this side of death.

It had to.

His head swiveled towards the door as it opened. He caught the sight of a tail as it disappeared out of sight. The High Lord leveled a hard stare at the man. Should he be trusted? How much did he already know? He couldn't just have him killed, it would be hard enough as it was to keep what had happened here a secret. He doubted making this man disappear would make things any easier.

It was a few moments before the Lord spoke. "Yes. Please, come in and close the door." He kept his eyes on Hachen as the door closed. "This..." He didn't know what to call it, it wasn't human or lizard. Ranar wasn't even sure if it was male or not. "...creature has just told me that a fellow High Lord has plotted to attack my household." This was grave news indeed. This could be a spark for something most terrible indeed. It could help Ranar be even greater than a High Lord. Things would have to play out right.

He turned back to the creature. "What you say is all well and good but I would need proof before I could take any action. If I retaliate, and you're lying, I would be better off dead." It was true. If this was just some raid for a shiny jewel and he took it out on a fellow noble, never mind on a fellow High Lord, the repercussions would be astounding. "I need proof."