Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Not the best place for a vacation (Zombie/OPEN!)

Started by Anonymous, June 24, 2009, 10:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

The new girl had even given Serena a start at first. She peaked on her tiptoes, glancing about to see if she'd missed something when she'd seen the boys assigned to a table. But it was of no matter. After all, she was here to serve and... the girl was smiling so prettily at her! Serena just found herself smiling back, then quickly scrawled down her order on her notepad.

It had actually taken her a few moments to realize that the girl had ordered milk after what Serena had just said to the boys, effectively making her eat her words. Team that up with the smile now, and it was a horse of a different color. Was the girl trying to be at odds with her intentionally?

Her head was ducked while Raphael and Tavor ordered. While no one appreciated genuine friendliness more than a poor girl, and the blonde was certainly chivalrous enough to charm her off her feet, she was certain they both belonged to Leslie. "Milk and two ciders..." She repeated while she finished taking down their order, sounding a bit glum as she rocked back and forth on her heels. She allowed herself to peek up at the incubus while she swept away stray tendrils of her hair from her face, and took a moment to realize what pretty eyes he had. The thought lifted the corners of her mouth, causing her to smile for perhaps a bit /too/ long while she admired him.

Oh! But she had work to do. "Coming right up!" were the last words she offered before retreating back to the kitchen - more than likely to daydream while she waited for another table's order and their drinks.

Anonymous

The waitress sounded glum now. Well, Leslie had made her look like an ass by ordering milk. It wasn't that she was trying to make the other woman eat her own words, she was just in the mood for milk right now. Before she could say anything to the waitress, she was already walking off. Oh well. Leslie would apologize when she came back or just leave a larger tip than needed. Maybe both.

Anyway, back to the matter at hand. Her two table mates were giving her some confused looks. Probably because she had simply plopped herself down with them without introducing herself or even asking. Leslie smiled. Nobody had ever accused her of being the politest person around. Sill, she should at least give them her name. "I'm just looking for some company to eat with." The Captain replied to the standing boy. "I hope you two don't mind that I join you both. My name is Leslie. What're yours?"

((Sorry for the short post after so long. o.o))

Anonymous

Raphael took his seat again, once the woman was seated, "Oh, well, sure. We would be happy to have you join us. My name is Raphael, this is my friend Tavor. It's very nice to meet you." Unfortunately, this was about as far of his knowledge of talking to woman went.

He glanced over at Travor, noticing that his friend was slightly tense. Though it didn't seem too odd, so Raphael gave him a friendly smile, "Looks like we're rather popular today." The odd eyes and poofy hair and yet to really be noticed by Raphael.

Anonymous

Nodding as the new woman introduced herself, Tavor was a bit too distracted by the smell of peppermint on the waitress.  Having avoided women (and some men) the incubus wasn't quite used to being this close to a girl.  And when she gave him that admiring little look, he flushed in embarrassment.  He wasn't used to being noticed, to not leaving at the first sign of such attention.

But then the sound of his name caught his attention, and thankfully the waitress was heading off to the kitchen now.  And it clicked that Raphael had introduced him to the woman now sitting with them, and he hadn't said a word.  "Ah.  I don't mind at all, Miss Leslie."  Truthfully, he sort of did.  The incubus wanted to ask his new friend more about the Mordecai, but somehow there was the sense that he'd be in a great deal of trouble if Raphael found out what he was.

But...he wanted to know so bad.  Why was his magic gone, how was it being done, and million other questions.  So with a quick glance at Leslie, he spoke up again.  "Raphael, would you mind explaining more about the Mordecai?  Like, how do you stop the mages?"  He had never believed in gods, but right now Tavor was just hoping and praying that he wasn't going to get in trouble for asking so many questions.

Anonymous

Something this kid said bugged Leslie but she wasn't sure what it was. She ran the sentence through her mind a dozen or so times to pick it apart. The first question didn't warrant much note, everybody was curious on how the Mordecai worked, including her. Whatever it was they did to stop a mage's magic from working was something that wasn't obvious. Personal experience taught her that.

No. It was the second question that bugged her. The way it was worded. It didn't sound like he was asking how Connlaoth or the military stopped mages. It sounded more personal, like it was directed at Tavor alone. The captain schooled her face to a careful neutralness and turned her gaze towards the trainee. "Yes, how do you stop the mages?" Besides a slight emphasis in the middle of the sentence, her voice was as neutral as her face. At least she hoped both were. It wouldn't do to give herself away yet.

Anonymous

"I don't mind at all." Raphael smiled happily. He hadn't picked up on any of the under currents at the table, "Was there something you wanted to know? I'm still only a trainee, so I don't know everything there is yet."

The tall teenager rubbed the back of his head, smiling sheepishly, "If you are asking how exactly I stop magic, I donno really. Just...lucky I guess. It just happens, ain't anything I do on purpose."

He loved that he could though. That part of him could help hold back the corrupting influence of magic. He could really help people with this gift and being a Mordecai made that even easier.