Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Sea Cruise (Kiyu!)

Started by Anonymous, June 26, 2009, 04:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

By the time Loreley's ship pulled out of the harbor, Darius was more than ready for a vacation. He had made arrangements for his horse to stay on Cerenis, because who knew how long he and Loreley would be gone? Darius didn't really care. He knew only that he wanted to love and protect Loreley for the rest of his life. He couldn't wait to start their vacation. Undoubtedly, he and Loreley would explore places he'd never even heard of.

Anonymous

So it began. Things would be different now, that was for sure. After the storm had passed the previous day, things had settled in the sea a little. Though the waves were still choppy, it was nothing that Loreley couldn't handle.
She moved from the wheel, gesturing for one of her men to take it, she walked to stand with Darius, overlooking the fading bay of Cerenis.

"Sure you're not havin' second thoughts?" she asked, worried she'd gotten him into something he hadn't really wanted to do.

The sea wasn't all that friendly, she hardly ever had a peaceful ride. Her ship was designed to withstand just about anything, so she wasn't all that worried. But she wondered about him. Had he ever been out to sea for an extensive mount of time?

Anonymous

"Never, love. I do feel a bit sorry for my horse, but truth be told, I've never taken a real vacation since retiring. I needed this." He kissed her cheek gently to reassure her. "I've never been on the sea for more than a few days, but I don't get seasick easily. When you've ridden at some of the speeds I have in order to rescue damsels in distress, this is nothing," he said with a wink.

Anonymous

She nodded, "Good" she said, smiling and winding an arm around his waist, "We're headed for Thanatos," she smiled a little, it had been a while since she had such company aboard ship, usually she only barked orders to her crew, "If we're lucky, we'll be able to avoid that" She pointed to were Cerenis lay, the dark clouds that had blown away the previous week had returned upon the wind's change of corse. But she shrugged, "S'nothin I haven't had to face before.. but I am a little worried"
Who wouldn't be?

Anonymous

"You? Worried? Why?"  He put an arm around her as they stood together. "Even I know you're better than some men at captaining a ship. I've known some captains who sunk their ships in storms like that. But you... you won't be one of them. If you've survived storms before, you can survive this one," he encouraged her, ruffling her hair softly. He had noticed something of a change in her as soon as he'd told her he would stay, but he wasn't sure what it was. Did she feel she could utter her true feelings better with him around? Darius hoped so, but he wasn't sure he wanted her true feelings to be these.

Anonymous

She smiled back at him, "You flatter me so" she grinned, then nodded, "That is true though, but.. I can't not be worried. She's been through a lot" she said, patting the rail of the sip with a proud smile.
That was mostly true, her ship had been through a lot in her time. Probably a little too much, but it never seemed to give in.
She leaned her head against his shoulder, for once, truly happy. it had been a long time since she had felt as so... the last time was when Lance was still alive.
She missed her 'father', that much was true... But he was human.. as is Darius. Once again, that thought caused her to tighten her grip on his waist. But she shook her head, raising it again,
"Thank you.. For coming.. with me" she almost whispered.

Anonymous

"I wouldn't have missed it for the world." Darius whispered back. He leaned in and kissed her softly on the lips. Then he leaned his head against hers gently, just enjoying being with her. He had never felt so content before. Most of the women he'd been with in his life, he knew he would have to leave because of his job. But now that he was retired, he had found someone he thought he could truly love, deeply.