Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Need Opinions!!! (Chailyn Sketch)

Started by Goldie, August 21, 2009, 07:32:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldie

Alright, so...I have this sketch of my character Chailyn and I have been DYING in my attempt to come up with a good background idea!  I'm linking the pencil sketch now (I'm in the process of coloring it, but not going to show that until more than her skin is on, lol) but I am in desperate need of opinions on the background!

I was thinking about doing some sort of ruins or something....like...gray, mossy stones falling down...but I'm not sure! >_<  So plz! What do you think would look good?

Anonymous

on top of a mountain, near a ledge or perhaps trying to balance on a rope. THERES NO WAY THAT POSTURE IS NORMAL x3

Goldie

LOL! no, no it's not a normal pose! It's an "action shot" as I've dubbed it. Her magic is to control water, and in between her hands will be water that she's swirling around her!

xD guess I should have made that clear! This isn't like, "I'm just standing around...and decided to contort myself like this! WOO!"

And I initially drew her stepping down from something...a stair, a rock, a...something....lol

Anonymous

I dig the pose o_o Lots, and her hair.
You could put her near the water then? Can she just bring water out of nothing or only control it?

Goldie

hmm...good idea....no she can't just be like *POOF WATAH!*

Good idea to think of....not so happy to paint xD

Anonymous

Haha yeah. Well since it's yours you don't have to put her near water! =P

Anonymous

I'm not really familiar with your character so much, still reading up on the Fenway and head mage plot. XP But, you could merge your Magical swirly water and ruins idea, by having her practice magic in one of those old white marble roman/greek ruins, yknow, with patchways and stone steps that extend right into pools, and broken and standing columns.... references if you need any, you should check out some of vyrl.deviantart.com, or vyrhelle.deviantart.com, she has quite a few bgs like that. plus there are some actual photos in faestock.deviantart.com's gallery. I'm also reminded of a scene from the vampire hunter D movie which had a beautiful water and marble place. :heart: