Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Just trying to survive... (OPEN! Acacia, Cazzie, F.I.)

Started by Anonymous, September 02, 2009, 12:37:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

The night had fallen again as a young adult Boetheri named Kyarta roamed around Zantaric as always, looking for food, hoping people wouldn't kill or eat him or beat him up, or abuse him for that matter.
Even though he was used to it happening, he still feared it each time it did.

He searched all trashcans in town, hoping to find something eatable as his stomach was grumbling loudly. Around here, simply being present at the wrong place at the wrong time could cost one their life, so Kyarta had to try to keep his body as silent as possible. Yet once again, this very night his fear became reality. He was pushed against the wall by a tall, slender, yet strong man "Who do you work for, huh! Answer me" he said angry as more people started to appear from the streets. "I... I was just looking for food!" Kyarta said, the stench coming off of his filthy cloths not lying. The man let go of him and beat Kyarta in the face, making him fall to the ground "You think I'm stupid! Huh!" he said giving an additional kick in his stomach.

The torturing and abuse continued for an hour until they finally left the poor wounded vagrant to rot on the cold pavement. Broken, bleeding and hurt he managed to get back to his feet after a while... Staying in town wasn't a safe option for him anymore as he fled into the misty woods, at least there he wouldn't be able to run into the same guys again.

His body shivered, his teeth starting to make a clapping noise from the cold night. He wanted to go back, the town wasn't exactly a warm cozy place to sleep at, but at least he would be able to sleep there. The forest was practically too cold to sleep in at night, yet he was too scared to go back to town just yet.

Anonymous

It was the biggest ground-pounder settlement Isk had seen since Essyrn, and he would have hoped for a better welcome. The people of the villages and hamlets he'd visited had been eager to chat unless he caught them at a task, just as curious as he was since they'd never seen a rukh before, but since he'd arrived here- admittedly less than a day ago, but even so- all he'd been able to learn was that the place was called Zantaric. And he'd had to get that off a signpost.

He'd never seriously considered needing a house the way humans always assumed, taking any offers of board he got as kind but unnecessary courtesies. Sand made a better bedding than constricting sheets of cloth. But tonight as he glided out to forage, wings blotting out the moon below him for a moment, he felt a twinge of pity for any landbound traveler looking for one here.

That was taking longer these days, too. In Moraki he'd always known what was and wasn't good for eating, and if he didn't someone else would. Now he'd come far enough north that it was nothing like obvious anymore- he could still figure it out, but it was taking longer and longer and starting to get annoying. He'd have asked for help with it if anyone had looked inviting enough to try. So hunting it was.

Spotting motion around the edge of the forest, he angled in for a closer look just in case.

Anonymous

The thing striding through the woods that night wasn't exactly normal.  It was some sort of lizard, though far larger than the reptiles that slithered or crawled through most forests.  It paused to sniff here and there, obviously tracking something.  

Probably the smell of blood.  Although she hadn't realized just what she'd been tracking, so Narvess was a little surprised to spot Kyarta.  Clothed and walking on two legs.  Not a meal.  At least she wasn't really hungry.  Now, how to approach in a way that didn't scare the skinny fellow off?

Circling around so she wouldn't come up behind him, Narvess began walking towards him.  Between the mist and her way of moving in utter silence despite her size and weight, it wouldn't have been surprising for Kyarta to not notice her until they came face to face.  With that in mind, she decided to stop and sat back on her haunches, waiting for the Boetheri to approach.

((OOC: If you need me to rewrite part of it, just let me know.))

Anonymous

A big shadow appeared in the mist slightly ahead of Kyarta, giving a small shock through his body at sight. He wondered who it could be, the being in the mist, and even more; was it friendly?

He backed away a little as it wasn't approaching nor moving. After watching for a few tense seconds he gathered up some courage 'if it was out to eat him, it would have already attacked, right?' he thought. He slowly took a few steps closer until he got a better view of the creature in front of him.

"Aaaah!!!" he screamed in fear and turned around to run for it, Narvess's appearance terrified him for she would be able to kill him off easily. Kyarta run through the mist, but didn't get any further then a few feet as he bumped up to a tree, making a large thump on the floor with already his sore painful body.

This was it, he thought. The day he would die. He was too cold, exhausted, in pain and dizzy to get back up and run as he just groaned, laying there in the muddy wet grass below a tree at the edge of the forest.

Anonymous

The tall moon pale man walked elegantly through the woods, his long dark blue hair danced nicely upon his back waving slightly when the wind blew, bony hands placed under the top of his trousers with just his thumbs hooked over to keep them from slipping further down, pale pink lips distorted with black loops, paired on either side of his bottom lip dully gleamed as the misted woods tried to hide the little light there was, dark blue eyes searching for life, deep calm words seeped from his lips "Hurry up Gabriel. The drunks will have all passed out by the time we get there."

Ahh the drunks, the creatures that fed the man and his companion, plodding behind him in the utmost ungraceful of manors came a grotesque creature, scaled body of a hippo, but yet from the knee down the creature had fur, and then feathers hiding its hooves, a large horn fit to force its way through even a trolls arm secured to the middle of her head, 4 fangs like large knives showing through her large mouth, utterly horrid and yet pulled a cart behind her, so calm and docile for just hostile looks.

"Look ere 'C', I am not made for rushed walking, is like your tryin ta kill me or somethin." A females voice broke into his mind and spoke, It was her, Gabriel his trusted companion, both looked like complete opposites and yet, best friends, the man laughed at her words. It was not long until the most strangest of sounds was heard.

A shriek, from a.. man? What on earth was one of those doing in the woods, Caedmon looked at Gabriel both puzzled but carried on their way, before having to stop as a  creature, one that Caedmon had never seen before,  seemed to fling himself at a tree, Gabriel let loose an uproar of laughter, whereas Caedmon called over to the boy "You there. You know your not supposed to run into trees right?" The man walked over to give the stranger a helping hand. Noticing the strangers tattered looks, caedmon realised quickly that this one, would not be one for buying some of his goods, but there we have it, can always get service from strangers. Gabriel started to pull up roots and grass to eat, not easy with teeth like hers, but she wasn't really hungry for meat today, though both her and Caedmon were blissfully unaware of the others in the woods that night.

Anonymous

Kyarta heard a laughter when he hit the floor, followed by a female voice telling him he's not supposed to run into trees. It almost seemed as if he had entered a dream world, feeling sick and painful thousands of hands seemed to reach out to him, spinning in circles around him along with the rest of the world.

He reached for his forehead, groaning a bit until finally the hands seemed to reduce to smaller numbers, the world spinning more slowly until it stopped. His blurry view went sharp, his eyes opening wide in shock as he suddenly noticed the stranger to whom the hand belonged. He couldn't tell whether he was more shocked, or surprised by the stranger's friendly approach yet decided to accept the hand.

The other pulled him back to his feet and was quite the example of beauty. It wasn't until he saw the terrifying appearance of the unicorn he got reminded of the lizzard-like creature. He would have screamed and run away again if it wasn't for his body to be so worn out, he could literally barely move a muscle.

Kyarta wasn't used to talking to strangers or meeting others, and was lucky enough if he would even find two people a year to be kind towards him. Being in such a terrible state he couldn't do anything other then ask for food, though his stomach was one step ahead of him as it made a horrible loud growl, the twirling cramp not very pleasant either.

Anonymous

The other face was shocked, which was strange, Caedmon never really got shocked faces when offering a hand to get up, more thankful than anything, but there we go. He accepted none the less, which was always a good start, towards genuine conversation, thought this one was, tacky, dirty, down right disgusting really, Caedmon had noticed this before but it was more visible when staring you in the face.

A loud, rude snort erupted from Gabriel's nostrils as she saw the look of horror on the strangers face "How damn rude is that C? He doesn't even know me but giving me a look as if to say I was disgusting when he is dressed in clothing like that!"

Caedmon laughed slightly at the unicorns words, before his own deep vocals sang "Gabriel, hold your tongue. Yo do not throw insults into another's head just because you don't like how he looked at you" now glaring at her, before turning to look at the lad in front of him. Caedmon opened his mouth to give an introduction,  hand went forward to shake hands, but this was interrupted by a large growl coming forth from the others stomach, clenching his and retracting it, before looking at the other with a half smile and gentle eyes "I guess its time to eat? Care to join me stranger, you look as if you need something to eat..." turning, Caedmon moved back towards Gabriel, whom had his cart of "goodies" looking back he made a gesture with his hand for the other to come forward and join, would be rude not to accept the invitation would it not?

Anonymous

The other offered him food? This surely was something new to Kyarta, never before had someone willingly offered him food, he was always forced to steal it or eat whatever was left of the garbage. To his surprise the one who seemed to be talking was the unicorn, which wasn't really surprising because some animals like dragons actually did talk.

Just then he thought about the lizard-like giant creature he saw. What if it was able to talk too? More importantly, what if it was harmless like this dangerous unicorn? Kyarta stuttered a little, totally speechless because of this extremely kind person. "I- I-.. You- - - - - Th-thanks" he said and blinked, clumsily walking forward to follow the other, he just couldn't believe that he was finally going to eat!

Anonymous

Fumbling around within his cart, Caedmon's dark blue eyes gazed down lazily, glancing from food to drugs, food to drugs, Oh how he did love his drugs, they soothed so much and passed the time, infact they are the reason he had gotten to Zantaric, took to much to give him a cheap "thrill" But then if you knew the right herds, theres nothing really to stop you is there? He being trained to know them, it was always a cheap thrill, just annoying having to make more tedious job that it was.

Grabbing simple things, nothing extravagant, bread, and something to place on top to give it flavour, and a sheep skin bag, holding liquids to drink from, he sent them out crookedly over his products, before taking a seat upon Gabriel's back, a hand gesturing for him to eat "Name's Caedmon, And this here is Gabriel. Yourself?" pale skin bumming slightly in the dull light, his black tattoo upon his neck (the only part visible at this moment in time) seemed to carve out parts of his neck pulling his waist coat forwards slightly he watched the other as he progressed towards the cart, Gabriel glared watching carefully, she wouldn't have him on her back, she did have such a temper at times, but controlled it well.

But she was also a very curios creature and so her angelic feminine vocals rang in the heads of the others "Why did ya attack teh tree anyway? Bet ya wouldn' like it if the tree dun tha to yhew!" a snort before her large, dark grey scaled muzzled went down to the earth and ripped up some vegetation to eat herself.

Anonymous

Kyarta heard the other introduce and appoint him to the bread, he couldn't believe his eyes as he slowly approached "I'm.. Kyarta.." he said slightly subservient, like an abused dog finally getting something to eat yet still scared to get beaten.

When he reached the bread and drink he started eating like an animal, smacking his lips at the delicious food for it wasn't rotten or sandy. He almost forgot to chew as he worked hard on getting it all in as fast as possible, which he was used to for other vagrants would try and steal it away from him if he didn't eat it fast.

As he was feasting on the meal he heard the unicorn talk again "Why did ya attack teh tree anyway? Bet ya wouldn' like it if the tree dun tha to yhew!" she said. Kyarta swallowed the bread and kept whatever was left close to him, making sure nobody would take it away from him. "I didn't attack the tree!" he said defending himself "I was running for the giant lizzard-thing.. back in the woods!" he answered, quickly shoving whatever was left of the bread inside his mouth, chewing with full cheeks and his mouth closed to make sure none of the food would fall out. It was quite an amusing sight to see him struggle to chew with such filled cheeks.

Anonymous

Upon his perch Caedmon watched as the other slowly approached, nervously. As if Caedmon was to lash out and feed the other to Gabriel, strange curious creature that he was, Blue eyes quickly widened at the sight of the others feeding habits. "Gabriel, I think when we get into town, Were going to have to g o to the shops to restock on food..." a smile gestured towards the other, to show that though shocked at what the other did, it was fine, Not that there was a choice, as His food was being protected by another.

A loud gulp from the other, as more bread shuffled down his throat, and an answer to Gabriel, whom laughed at the response, and Caedmon was not much better, the thought that he fled from seeing a.. lizard? Whilst in the woods, was comical to them deep vocals rumbled from Caedmon "You ran from a lizard..." gabriels laugh soon became an uproar, as she found it hard to control, her large mouth opened wide 4 large fangs smothered with drool and pieces of vegetaion upon them,  Caedmon had to jump from the others back due to her whole body shaking due to her laughter. A hand slapped the unicorns hinds in an attempt to control her, though what they knew was a slap, more looked like a vicious attack as Caedmon had to use a plank of wood to her behind.

A snort was released as the 'Giggles' Gabriel had captured slowly left, before finally her voice dribbled into the heads "Your rather pathetic really aren't you, scared of a little ole lizard"

"GABRIEL!" boomed Caedmon, snarling at her like a wolf would, before looking back at Kyatra, his eyes like a wolves know, still dark blue, but very much like a wolves, "What brings you out to the woods.. Kyatra?"

Anonymous

His eyes blinked widely opened as the other approached with a rather intimidating glare. "I.. uh.. It's a long story" he said weakly smiling trying to hide his fear as he walked backwards. "It's um.."

It wasn't long before he tripped backwards and fell on his behind, staring up at the tall man. "I-I'm sorry!" the truth was he was rather nervous around others, he never knew who he could trust yet this guy seemed kind enough, offering him food, yet something didn't feel right.

"I was beaten up, badly.. So I... was scared and, ran into the forest..." He said getting back to his feet with a lot of effort. "I'm scared to go back just yet.. they were with so many and.. maybe they're still there, waiting for me to come back.." he said more frightened then ever as his body shook, the poor young man traumatized by the abuse he had gone through for all these years.

Anonymous

Gabriel glared and then yawned at Kyatra's actions, she cared not for those who would cower and flee from others, she was definitely one for the butch tough guy that acted as if they would and could beat all those that dared stand in their path, down. But then she was one of those kind of people, which is why she was travelling with Caedmon for he was a calmer nature than her, most certainly.

Though he looked at the pathetic new comer, and rolled his eyes "Stand up, We're not going to do anything, tonight is a lazy night, agreed Gabriel?" His elegant head turning to look at his robust companion who nodded slowly as her jaws were once again grinding vegetation, before returning to look upon the scraggly creature in front of him, looking back to his now empty food bag, and folding his arms, before saying "Well the least you could do, is accompany me into town to help me find food stalls, seeing how mine is now all gone" Looking once again towards Kyatra, and grinning pleasantly, before slowly starting to carry on his way as he was before they bumped into him.

Gabriel's large joints slowly clicked into action, as if she were pulling an extremely heavy weight behind her, though truth be, she was tired and hauling the cart behind her, was more of a chore than a kind offering of help to her friend, nudging kyatra in the right direction not really giving him a choice of where to go.

Anonymous

((LOL this is the second time you said KyaTRA instead of kyaRTA xD))

Kyarta didn't quite grasp what he meant by 'lazy night' though he didn't dare refuse as the other asked him to accompany him into town. He slowly managed to get up with a lot of effort and wrapped his arms around himself, feeling cold from the mist and forest.

"Ok-k-k-k-kay" he shivered, though he didn't know about food stalls, yet guiding them into town would work for now he thought. "Follow me, it's really close"

The young man walked slowly for his body was exhausted and messed up, plus he felt sleepy from cold and for finally having some food in his stomach again, making his body able to recover if getting some sleep. At last they arrived in town, a few streetlights broken in the dark mysterious town where mostly dealers roamed around. "I.. forgot to thank you. Thank you so much for all the food and.. the help. Is there anything I can do to repay you?" he said kindly, looking a bit innocent as he uncomfortably fiddled his own clothes a bit.

Anonymous

[[Omg I'm so sorry xD I'll get it right this time ^_^ ]]

Caedmon had a smug grin on his face, though with him walking in front of Kyarta could be a good night having a sort of servant boy with them, for he did owe him right? I mean Caedmon did give a stranger all his food, so his moral needs was filled up for the day, or night as it would appear. Hands going down his trousers, though his thumbs latching onto the top of the leather trousers he wore, he palms feeling his hips as he stepped, a sigh danced from his lungs as he looked up to the sky, before stopping and turning his head to looked behind him, to witness the somewhat worn out duo that lingered behind, rolling his eyes his deep vocals emerged "D'you both wish to rest for the night before we go to town. The shops will likely be closed anyway."

Gabriel snorted out loud "ya only jus thort of tha did ya?" Disgust by the fact the man so called leading the group had not even thought that the shops would have been closed, Gabriel flung herself to the ground with a large thud  sighing and then going to sleep, she was an easy sleeper and was snoring loudly within minutes Caedmon shook his head with a grin upon his face, he looked at the other remembering that the boy had spoken []"In the morning show us a place to gather more food, and that should clear it up, unless you can think of something to do?"[/I] an eyebrow was raised towards Kyarta before a soft laugh rumbled through Caedmons lungs. Walking towards Gabriel he sat himself upon the floor leaning up against her, watching the other one in his discomfort.

Anonymous

Luckily for Kyarta they had left the mist of the forest, in the very edge of the town where it wasn't as cold as the floor wasn't wet grass. The man that offered him the meal was now proposing to stop their travel and visit the shops tomorrow.

At first the vagrant was confused for he didn't answer his question, yet it was soon followed by an answer for Caedmon noticed the confused face. "In the morning show us a place to gather more food, and that should clear it up, unless you can think of something to do?" the man said. Kyarta felt warm of kindness and generosity, this man had been so kind to him and was willing to clean their slate by showing him the way to a mere food shop. A tear dropped over his soft cheek, rolling over the short soft fur as he wiped them off with his hands, crying was usually something he did out of pain, pain in his heart, in his body, but this time he felt no pain, it was weird for him to cry without pain, his body still cold. "Thank you" was all he could think of to say, for he had no clue what the other meant by thinking of something to do.

The vagrant sat down on the floor, folding his arms over his legs which were pulled close to his body to keep himself warm.