Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Catherine Wheels and Spinning Sparklers [Hellvion Ball]

Started by kleineklementine, June 03, 2014, 10:56:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kleineklementine

The Ball Room
Dance your hearts out, kiddos!

Image source here.

This thread is part of the Hellvion Spring Ball. Plotting info can be found here! This even is open to Connlaothian nobles only. Please post in the plotting thread before jumping in.

DaGlobster

[Jumping into this with permission from Spice]

It was with a certain degree of wryness that Elaros gazed on towards the site of the Hellvion Spring Ball. Such an extravagant and decorated little affair. Gilded with tinsel, oiled with wine. His reptilian lips curled into a smile. Tonight, he'd be in the center of it all, drinking wine and raising amorous hell among the rich and powerful of Connlaoth.

He felt a pang of sadness when he remembered Luna, his lovely little slave (although their relationship could only be called master/servant in the loosest of terms), and how her eyes would've lit up at the sight of all this. However, Elaros was on business, and no matter how much he would've loved to see that shy smile of hers, he was here to work.

Technically.

He unrolled the scroll on his lap, once again reviewing his credentials. He never thought he'd see his name written next to "Envoy from Drakkona", but he supposed that if anybody from Drakkona was ambassador material, it was him! He rolled the diplomatic scroll back up as his carriage came to a stop outside the ball room.

He wasn't going to hedge around the building, oh no! He was going to just dive right into the heart of things. Nodding to his two guards (who were mocked up to look more like diplomatic assistants than anything else), he swung open the door to his carriage, and stepped outside. Of course, the guards checking for invitations looked at him funny, but that was to be expected.

After all, who'd expect a High Drakkon and two of his Low Drakkon servants to show up at a ball intended for the sole enjoyment of the nobility of Connlaoth?

His two guards trailed him as he stepped up to the guard in his usual, graceful fashion. One guard was toting a small and rather ornate rectangular box, about half a foot long, and the other carried a bundle wrapped in opaque black silk.

All it took was showing the guards his diplomatic scroll, and he was inside. He stood just inside the doorway, gazing out over the ball room filled with dancers and guessed. He closed his eyes, and tasted the air with his forked tongue. He opened them, and smiled.

Truly, he was home.

visualspice

The lizard man wasn't the only one enjoying the sight and sounds (and smells?) of the Ball. Davina was naturally, invited, as all Hellvion nobility would be, and only the better halves of the other Connlaothian duchy 'monarchies' as well. But even though there were so many rumors surrounding Lady Davina's scandalous 'affairs', somehow Duchess Melora had yet to snub her at any event.

Davina wasn't sure why, and if she weren't so selfish and lazy, she might look into the reason why. Perhaps Davina helped make Melora's precious, unwed virgin daughter Aella shine like gold? Either way, she wasn't going to complain. This was a party and she was here to have fun. And what better way then to entertaining herself with the most unusual of guests- a certain, newly arrived (and obviously foreign!) reptilian man arrived. And was he ever decadent. And if Davina could admit so, he was actually rather handsome...

For a monster.

With a smirk, and a collection of a third glass of wine, she strolled on over to the man and tossed her dark hair from her shoulder and moved in such a way to help accentuate her breasts to give this foreigner the benefit of some of the finest Connlaothian cleavage.

"Why, I don't think we've been properly introduced?" she went on, and put out her hand for him to take. "I am Lady Callister." And her dark green eyes flashed with wicked fun. "Lady Davina Callister."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DaGlobster

Elaros was just getting himself settled into the swing of things, when he spotted Davina. He could see her approaching him from a mile away, trying to make herself even more attractive as she approached. When she finally reached him, he locked his eyes onto her own. His vertically slit pupils tightened up, focusing in on her.

Elaros took her hand in his own, but rather than do the proper thing and kiss it, he felt the skin on the back of her hand with his own scaly thumb. His scales, although no doubt tough, were also incredibly smooth, like recently waxed tile.

He reached out to a passing servant's tray, and snatched a glass of wine off of it.

Elaros bowed his head to her slightly. "I am Lord Elaros K'Rvain, envoy from Drakkona," he stated, smiling as he sipped down some of the fine wine. "It's a pleasure, Lady Callister."

visualspice

"Drakkona?" She bat her pretty eye lashes. "Not sure I ever heard of it."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DaGlobster

"Drakkona's the southern tip of Le'Ranna. Below what your people call the Kishahn," Elaros explained.

He flit out his tongue, and glanced at the party around them. Beautiful company or not, the surroundings were still captivating.

He looked back at her, and his snout curled into a smile. He glanced back to both of his guards, who hadn't budged an inch since he'd began to talk.

"Why don't we find ourselves somewhere to sit?"

visualspice

"Sit?" She gave him a playful smirk. "Tired already? Though if you have traveled from so far... why, I'd be tired as well." Looking around, she gestured towards a pair of chairs at the edge of the ballroom floor.
"I'm sure a nice seat beside the dance floor would be suitable?"

DaGlobster

"That would be perfect. Somewhere close to all the heat, so my blood can warm up faster." Elaros said.

He began to walk over to them, intent on leading the way. He was hesitant, but he finally let go of her hand. As much as he enjoyed feeling the perfect skin of noblewomen under his scales, it wasn't exactly proper to linger on that for too long.

visualspice

Heat? At the idea, she gave him a once over, and wasn't too shy of it. But she said nothing, moving with him into the ballroom to where a few chairs were set up and facing the ballroom floor. It seemed the dancers were in the middle of a waltz, and as Elaros approached with her, she fanned out towards the chair with her hand.
"Please... sit."

DaGlobster

Elaros took her invitation, and planted himself on one of the seats, tail off to the side. Human seats were something of an acquired taste for Elaros. He took in a healthy swig of wine, and licked whatever remained off of his lips.

"I've heard stories of the beauty and opulence of Connlaothian nobility, but to actually see it in person... It's like a dream."

visualspice

"I can only imagine," Davina went on, evidently amused. "I must admit I hardly know much of your home land. Do you not have such buildings or events?" She looked over his clothing. "Your suit suggest other wise, but I am curious."

DaGlobster

"Unfortunately, Us Drakkonans aren't very active these waning winter months. The few events we do have aren't nearly this excited. We're all cold-blooded, you see. Very hard to keep active."

Elaros motioned to himself, laying a clawed hand on his smooth, scaly chest.

"I'm a bit of an oddity, actually. Not many Drakkonans go too far from our cities, let alone leave our nation. However, the call of pleasure and gold is something I answered wholeheartedly."

visualspice

At his reasoning, her grin tugged leftward across her cheek.
"Oh? And you think Connlaoth is really the place you'll find what you're looking for?"

DaGlobster

"I've been searching for a long time, Lady Davina. I've been all over this continent, searching for the ultimate experience. If I can find it anywhere, it'll most likely be in this very ball."

Elaros smirked, allowing his eyes to bounce along Davina's form. After that though, he returned his eyes to hers.

"To be honest, I was the last Drakkonan I'd ever think would be selected as an envoy, but I must have been selected for my--"

He flit his tongue out, tasting Davina's perfume again.

"Experience...with humans."

visualspice

"Experience?" With that, Davina perked up. "So you think you're an expert at... humans?" she went on, adjusting the way she sat so the Drakkonan could get a nice view.

DaGlobster

Elaros narrowed his eyes slightly, but accepted the offered view.

"I've acquainted myself with the most sensitive details of human anatomy. Unfortunately, the nobility of Connlaoth is a group I haven't had any contact with, up until this point," he explained, sipping down some more wine.

His tail twitched slightly. Although it was thick, it was surprisingly lithe and dextrous.

Elaros looked over to the dance floor, noting that he was distracting quite a few of the dancers as they looked on. Some were curious, some were unnerved. Some looked at him with suspicious eyes. It didn't matter to him.

"Lady Davina, would you give me the pleasure of a dance?"

visualspice

Davina didn't need to look at the other guests to know how they were looking, what they were thinking, much less saying. She was keen to all of these things, being a queen of gossip herself, and also the center of it. She basked in attention, good or bad, and her eyes only brightened at his suggestion.
"Why, I'd love to. These hips are aching for a dance."

DaGlobster

Elaros smiled, and stood from his seat.

He held a hand out to Davina to help her up from her seat. He looked to his two bodyguards, and hissed something to them in Drakkonan. They both nodded, and stood at the table to wait for them, setting the gifts down on it.

"Come then. Help me warm my blood."

visualspice

Taking his hand she stood up beside him, and at his query, she nodded.
"It will be my pleasure." And she moved with him out onto the dance floor, gloved hands slipping into his, and wishing she hadn't worn gloves. To feel his reptilian skin against her own was not a thought that passed through her mind just once. After all, what did a cold blooded man feel like? And how different was this reptilian looking person compared to one's like herself?

She expressed no inquiries on the subject, however, and as the song began, she dipped with him once in stride and their waltz had begun, hips and bodies moving to the music as her eyes sparkled with a playful, but dark mirth.

DaGlobster

The look in Elaros' eyes was very much different. The slits were focused inwards on her, and they had an ever so slightly predatory quality to them.

His dancing was beyond perfect. He was already a graceful individual, but as he acclimated to the noble life in Le'Ranna over the years, he'd used his agility to become the best dancer he could be. His stance was also aggressive, risque' even. Rather than placed on her back normally, his hand was on the small of her back, just above the hip.

His tail swayed with them, and would occasionally brush against her leg intentionally, although the light touch was nowhere near enough to disrupt the dance.

Tags: