Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Lily in the Snow [M]

Started by visualspice, December 02, 2014, 08:10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Chaos couldn't begin to describe the Hell that Fort Dhagh had become. Fires scorched through the snow, smoke and ash mixing with the skies, and bodies and screams of the dying and the dead echoed throughout the valley. And this is when the Fort, backed by the impenetrable Kilanthro mountains, began to fall.

Perhaps the stone wall should have been built with more haste, but whatever wood towers or gates, or housing were quickly taking to flame and charring the dirt and snow. And there was no turning back the clock now. The alarms had sounded, the archers to their post, and the clashing of steel and the shouts of men could be heard for miles.

They moved like thunder, a powerful rumbling force that shook the ground and over came their enemies. Though it was not without it's exhaustions, for there were many casualties on both sides, Blaith Harmond became invincible, cutting through everything and anything in his path.  He still carried the flag of his people, and it wasn't until he spotted the very man he came to seek. And his eyes cut over to the General, and soon his horse was tearing forth.

A few men tried to keep Blaith back, but they were soon cut down by his blade, leaving Blaith on horse back, and the General, glaring up at him from where he stood, blade ready, in the snow. Pointing his blade at the man, an intense fire in his eyes, he growled.

"You know why I've come," he told him, voice colder and harsher than the wind. "Where is she?"

The General only gave one look, a tired one that made him appear far older than he was. Though General Serenus had lived a good, long life-
He already knew his fate.

For it would all end here.

The others who witnessed the account were uncertain what to make of it- for the idea of cutting off the head of the snake normally left the rest in peril.  But to have witnessed the beheading of the infamous General Serenus-
It was then the army of Turgall knew, this was the turning point in the war.

It didn't take long for Blaith to bellow out his command and find out where his sister had been taken. And rage fueling his blood, he rushed off towards the great stone tower, up it's spiraling steps to where he made it tot he top- drenched in blood and sweat, and his breath, coarse and sore.

He stared at the door, obviously locked, but removed the keys from his side-and they too, were stained with cold blood. Placing the iron into the hole, he twisted the key and with an echoing click, the door released and groaned open. Though as he rushed inside, he came to an abrupt halt- for there, laying within the prison, was a woman in nothing but her under clothes.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Zero

There was a young woman lying there in only her under clothing. The light, soft grey tunic, leggings and woolen socks were meant to be worn under heavy padding and armor, but Lillian had been stripped of those. Kella had worn them in her escape. It was only because of Kella that Lillian was even still breathing, Aryn had planned to kill her to prevent her from raising an alarm.

Instead she lay on the bed in Kella's cell, frozen blood matting her golden hair from a gash on her temple, the blow that had left her unconscious. A small pool of her noble blood was frozen on the floor where she had fallen. Her skin was almost ashen in color. The fire had died in the tower and she was beyond cold, but small puffs of breath pushed past blue lips.

With her jade green eyes closed lightly, it would have been easy to mistake her at first for her prisoner. The women were of similar height and build, their hair was much the same color. Lillian had bright green eyes, where Kella had striking blue. However, mistaking her identity wouldn't have lasted more than a moment or two. This man knew both women too well to get them confused for long.

visualspice

The confusion, however, lasted longer, for all he could see- was the possible dead body of his sister Kella. He took one shaking step forward, his blue eyes wide and frightful, but by the time he was at the gate- tears began to well. In a cry of anguish, he scrambled like a mad man to open the door, fumbling with the keys before throwing the gate open with a rattling clang.

Nothing could stand between him and his sister, and when he scooped her up from the bed, it was only then did he realize, with furrowed brows his mistake.

"Lily?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Zero

There was only a dim awareness of the cell door crashing upon loudly. The sound seemed muffled and far away to Lillian, who was still swimming in a confusing sea of mingled darkness and awareness. Part of her mind wanted to sink down into that comforting, warm darkness, because trying to be aware was painful and cold.

Being lifted from the bed and held against Blaith jarred her, prickling at her mind in a searing hot lance of pain. Lillian groaned softly, green eyes fluttering momentarily as she thought she heard her name.

"C-cold. H-hurts." Those were the only two words she could press past her lips. Lillian's mind was consumed by those two single-worded thoughts as she struggled with consciousness. She'd failed at something important, but damned if she knew what it was at that moment.

visualspice

The men who had followed close at his heels were in the room in seconds. And Blaith didn't waste a moment to bark the commands.
"Re-light the fire and guard the tower. And bring me those blankets over there. NOW!"

The men hesitated not, and soon the fire was roaring, and Lily, wrapped in two thick blankets as Blaith moved her towards the fire place. And though the shock was still there to see her and in such a state, he could not help himself but ask, when he thought she had had enough time to regain herself...

"Kella.... where is she?"

Zero

Lily was aware of someone barking orders, she was definitely aware that she was being moved, because each movement made her ache, her body stiff from cold. It wasn't until minutes later that she became aware that someone had wrapped her up in blankets and set her in the only semi-nice chair inside the tower before the fireplace, which was crackling with heat again.

Slowly she began to shiver again as her body relished the heat and she began to warm. Lillian's thoughts remained fuzzy, but her head did clear as her body temperature began to rise again. The events before waking were still a confusing jumble. So when Blaith asked her about Kella her green eyes could only stare at him in confusion for several long moments.

Finally she blinked and looked around stiffly. "She was...taken. You took her."

Her brows furrowed in confusion, because that didn't seem right. "No...not you. YOU!"

Lillian only just grasped the concept that Blaith Harmond really was there this time, and there were soldiers here. What the hell had happened while she'd been out? How long had she been out? She struggled against her blankets, managing to wriggle a hand free to point at him accusingly.

"What are you doing here? This...this is all wrong. You shouldn't be here. Ansgar damn it all, I'm going to kill that son of a bitch. Where's my armor? Where's my sword? Give them back this instant Blaith Harmond."

visualspice

Blaith's expression soured darkly at her request. And at her words. And the only thing he could spit back at her was a roar.
"GONE!?" The words echoed like a lion's roar. "What do you mean she's gone!?"

Zero

"I MEAN SHE'S BLOODY GONE BLAITH HARMOND! WHAT PART OF THAT WAS HARD TO UNDERSTAND?" Lillian was still cold, but her mind was snapping back into coherency and fury was in her green eyes as her voice had risen to match his roar with shouting.

Things were all out of order, out of control, and making little sense. Blaith Harmond was really here, and he was looking for Kella. If he was here, and strange soldiers were here, then he was here by force. If he was looking for Kella then she really was gone. Somehow her mousy prisoner had actually escaped. This was beyond humiliating.

visualspice

Like the crackling fire that danced in his eyes, he bore a glare back at her more vicious than the ocean storms. He was losing his patients- Lily Coleridge or not, and asked her in a deep throated growl,
"I'll ask one more time, Lady Coleridge. Where.... is.... Kella?"

Zero

Lillian could scream, no, she did scream. The sound was one of pure frustration and rage. Blaith Harmond was not helping the sting of humiliation that came from knowing she'd failed and let her prisoner escape.

"I don't know!" She growled back at him, burning jade eyes meeting his stormy blue. "A man came here claiming to be you. He got all the way to the tower, none of these fools could tell the difference between a lowborn thug and your grace, but I moved to arrest him and he nearly took my head off. With his fist."

Lillian reached her hand up to tenderly touch the small wound on her head. She gave a grunt of distaste at what she found.

visualspice

It was only then did Blaith register her wound, and his blue eyes softened. But only briefly before he rose before her.

"A man? An imposter?"
He felt his blood boiling as his muscled tensed. He gripped his hands into fists, but his arms still shook as he tried to control his rage. After a moment, he swallowed the anger down and opened his eyes to her.

"Yet he did not kill you. And he left you here? To suffer and freeze to death in that cage?"

Zero

Lillian might have missed the way his eyes softened as they rested on her wound because they became hard again so quickly, but her jade eyes hadn't actually moved from his face since she'd realized that he was there.

When his eyes opened again as he wrestled with his rage at the news of an impostor, she was still staring at him intently. There was still fury in her eyes, and her expression was not soft or sweet as it might have been under better circumstances.

"I am surprised he didn't kill me. I don't think my life meant anything to him, so my death should have come quickly. I imagine your sister has something to do with the fact that I'm still alive."

visualspice

It was only then did he turn from her and released a long, shaking sigh.

"We're taking her with us. Let's get out of this god forsaken tower." And he gestured to a group of his men to gather around her, and he said nothing more as he headed towards the door. He wasted enough time here anyway.

Zero

Was...was he serious?

Lillian watched the soldiers close in around her and her green eyes widened slightly, anger flaring back inside her. "Now just you wait a minute! What do you mean 'we're taking her with us'?! Don't you dare talk about me like I'm not right here Blaith Harmond! You can't just take me anywhere!"

visualspice

At her statement, he paused at the door. And a second later, he turned to look at her.
"Of course I can. You're my prisoner." And he moved to begin his long trek down the spiraling stairs.

Zero

You're my prisoner.

Those words echoed hollowly through her head repeatedly for a several moments as Lillian sat in shock. It took one of Blaith's men putting a hand on her arm to snap her out of her stunned stillness. Shrugging him off furiously, she gave him a glare that had him shuffling back a couple steps as she rose from her chair on her own.

She was still sore and stiff, and chilly, but she was damned if she wasn't going to walk out of here on her own. There was a temptation to force them to carry her out of the tower kicking and screaming, but that was hardly a dignified exit.

No, Lillian Coleridge followed Blaith Harmond as they began the decent from the tower with an expression of cold fury, but her head was held high and her shoulders straight. The blanket wrapped around her might as well have been palace finery and her guards might as well have been royal escorts for all the grace she managed to muster.

visualspice

Lillian Coleridge was the crack in his mirror, the fallen tree in his path- and the walk down the spiraling stairs felt endless. By the time he reached the bottom, he had enough of his thoughts on her, and discarded them without so much as a glance behind him.

It was more of his men that greeted him at the bottom- which was a good sign. It meant they had the upper hand. But then again, with their General down.... who was to lead these forces at Fort Dhagh.

"Prepare the men to continue North. The mage camps should be of no consequence since we've come this far. Fan through them all, inspect every crevice. If you find my sister there..."
And again, he felt his hands clench into a shaking fist.

"Angsar have mercy on their souls."

Zero

The trek down the stairs was certainly a long one, but it was made in silence except the sound of their footfalls echoing against the stone walls of the narrow, spiraling stairway. Lillian's eyes remained fixated ahead, not looking at any of the men around her, and especially not looking at Blaith bloody Harmond. Who did he think he was taking her prisoner?

Instead she kept her mask of indignant fury, all the while he green eyes assessed the situation once they reached the ground level of the tower. She listened to the orders given, lips drawing into a thin line as her eyes narrowed, but she bit her tongue and remained silent. Chin still risen haughtily into the air as she tried to keep the blankets firmly about herself without showing sign of cold or weakness.

Both of which she suffered. The long walk down the stairs had left her feeling light-headed and ill, and she thanked all that was holy for the blanket wrapped about her, not only for the small amount of chill it kept off, but that it hid her trembling steps.

You're my prisoner.

They would see about that!

visualspice

As his men began to rush off and bark the orders, the duke turned sharp on his heels. It was only then did his eyes go to Lily, but not for long. He looked to his men.
"See that she is well guarded. She'll be the only prisoner we take." And he gave a stiff turn and began to storm away, dark cape flapping behind him like torn, black wings.

Zero

Lillian watched Blaith leave wordlessly, the fire in her eyes had flared again when he had referred to her once more as a prisoner. She was going to flay him alive for this! He would be a lucky man if she killed him before her father found out about this. Micah Coleridge was not a man known for leniency or mercy for those that harmed or endangered his kin.

The guard that seemed to be "in charge" of these men issued orders to take her outside the fort and away from the fighting. Again one of them tried to take her by the arm, and again her frosty gaze was enough to make him think better of it. Lillian walked towards the waiting horses of Blaith's army, those beasts currently not in use.

From her manner you would think she was walking this way simply because this was the direction she wished to go, not because she was being escorted there under guard. Inside she was far less stoic. On her feet were nothing but woolen socks, and the snow was quickly soaking them. As soon as they reached the place her guards chose to hold her until Blaith returned, Lillian demanded a seat.

It took harsh, cutting words, threats, and general brow-beating, but by the time Blaith would return Lillian would be sitting primly on a stool, clean dry socks, a coat, and a pair of sturdy boots had been fetched for her. Her clothing seemed more appropriate for a farmer's daughter than the child of a duke, but the way she held herself was clearly noble, and still seething with quiet fury.