Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Girl Behind Glass [M]

Started by visualspice, February 25, 2017, 08:38:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

OOC: Tags to @Draconian ! I hope this works for a transition for our new plot ideas :D figure you can work out the details on how she's discovered and how it's negotiated your Duke more or less buys Kella lol

It had only been years but felt like a life time since she had run away from home. With her brother hounding her, and conquering duchies in her wake, she had no idea where to turn to, where to hide, or who to trust. Long was the road and tired was her life, but rumors spread and secrets were more valuable than gold.

That's how it was. Her life was worth far less than the gold to her name, and her captives were no fools. Rumors about her being 'cursed' or 'with magic' were enough to keep many wary (and the fact her brother was on a powering war path was scary enough); however, it was like a game of chess; but each move was like stepping over your own grave as you dug it out.

The men who had been sent to capture her were part of the first pair that had died from her touch; something that sent her reeling, and left her more vulnerable, mad and confused. When it was realized just how the men had died, transporting Kella Harmond became a task in itself. First, she was tossed inside a box, no bigger than a coffin, as she was dragged down North towards the capital. They knew so many men would pay a high price for her- and what fame would befall the men who gave her over to the Grand Duke?

Or what money could be given to the man who gave her elsewhere. Certainly, many disapproved or approved greatly of the Grand Duke, but knowingly possessing Kella Harmond spread rumors faster than wild fire- it was just a question of who had her, and where. It was difficult to name this new band of men, because they wouldn't let her see them, let alone barely let her out of her coffin like cage. She only knew they were traveling by the movement of the wagon that pulled her, and knew of her fate each time it changed as the men spoke. they were still guarded near her, despite knowing she was tied up half the time, but even by now she was lost in their details because it seemed someone of high power was asking for quite a lot for her.

A Duke, it was the only type of person who had any sort of mounting money to pay for a woman such as she- But it was still a deadly game, and she still had no idea if she'd survive to her destination.

Mage or not, she had no real powers against the elements, and it wasn't even a few weeks with her second batch of captors that she fell ill. She felt their sense of urgency as they knew she had gotten 'the illness' that was beginning to spread through Connlaoth the winter following the long winter year. This year the weather at least was mild- but it was the perfect way to brew the disease that now had Kella stowed away in some shack somewhere in the woods, blind with fever, and still locked away from the light, from the world.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

The Duke of Folkvar had spent a fortune.

Between the under the table dealings for his daughters- who still weren't dealt with - He'd also spent a fortune in funding the search for the traitor's sister. He knew that if he gathered her, he would be hailed a hero. Not only would he gain favor to the crown, he'd also go down in history books. If there was something he wanted, it was immortality, and only those that existed on paper, in records and portraits. Only they were truly immortal. It didn't drain his coffers but it made a dent and he knew that, ever so slightly, there would be suffering for it. Folkvar would suffer for what it was trying to achieve.

Not unlike flying too close to sun with wings made of wax. Hopefully though, it would be overcast so the sun's light wouldn't burn too hot.

When the Duke had gotten note that their prey had been captured, he'd gathered the best of his army, a few of his personal mordecai and set his heir and the few men to bring her home. The journey, Kairius found, sucked. While he hadn't been particularly pampered and wasn't ignorant to hard work, sleeping outside was still an issue for him and he could barely do it. So, tired, angry, irritated. Kairius was hardly the sight of a grand heir to the Duchy of Folkvar and when he met up with the thugs his uncle hired he gave them a nod.

The threat of the soldiers kept them from drawing blades. The thread of being killed immediately probably helped more.

The woman's location was a secret and Kairius frowned when he discovered where it was.

He actually whined and rolled his eyes. What a mess. What was his uncle thinking. Why couldn't he just send people here to collect the woman and bring her back. Kairius recalled the conversation, added a burly voice to the recollection of his uncles memory. 'I need to know that at least one of you has my best interests in mind, because my best interests are also yours, Kairius'. It was for the good of Folkvar.  It would bring a good light and finally, when he was made Duke of the Duchy it would be with only positive thoughts.

Or something.

Kairius was tired and he'd been damp for a few days.

Mostly he just wanted to go home to his bed with or without this damnable woman.

It took half a day to get to the cabin in the woods. Well, once he saw it, the shack. Guards were posted everywhere and he pondered, for a few moments, if this woman was dangerous enough to be needing guards then just why did his uncle send him here. Whatever. He didn't care. Just... Collect her and go. Of course he heard the tales of her deathly touch and, of course, he was foolhardy and went into the shack anyway.

Well.

The sight of the sick woman was a little underwhelming and Kairius poked his head out of the door and gave the guards a 'really?' look before he went into the shack, taking steps. This was the woman that would help end the war? Bring glory to Folkvar? This slip of a woman? A glance at his hand, gloved from the cold and he cupped his hands around his mouth to warm them slightly before he knelt down beside bed and pressed his hand to her face hesitantly. When he didn't die instantly he decided that, maybe, the stories weren't true... Or at least it was skin to skin. Who knew. He wasn't going to risk it. Either way, even through his glove he could feel her burning with fever.

Great.

Just great.

Kairius sighed, it wouldn't do well to have the woman die when so much money had been spent to find her. Kairius left the shack after a moment, returning with water and a few blankets. His hand smoothed over her cheek, thumb brushing her temple. He'd tossed blankets over her and sighed, water ready. "Hey," He said, voice husky from disuse, "Wake up and tell me the name of your cat or horse or something," He huffed, "I need to make sure you aren't about to die before we bother traveling with you."

visualspice

Touch... Touch. The strangeness of it, so foreign, it was enough to break the woman from a fevered sleep. Touch. And a man's touch, one strong enough for her to realize it, and confident as well. But her eyes didn't open, not at first, as the frail woman moved upon the bed. Limp curls brushed across her face, masking her brows as she murmured something from the sweetest of lips, on the sweetest, saddest of voices, and on a voice about as low as the dying wind outside, "Aryn." She made another noise and simply repeated the same name, her own hands reaching out to hold to his.
"Aryn."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

Aryn.

Kairius blinked.

Was that the horse or the cat?

And who said the name of a cat like someone would whisper a lovers name in the middle of a hot night's passion? Still, he felt bad for the woman. Clearly out of her head with fever, Kairius held the womans hand, giving it a gentle squeeze before he moved his other hand to push her hair from her face. Should he like... Toss her into a river? Would that wake her up? A call to one of the soliders and they popped their head in. A quick instruction for a cool cloth and it was brought to him.

Slowly, he pressed it to the womans face.

He couldn't believe in what terrible condition she was in. Sure, the rumour was that someone could drop dead from touch. That didn't mean she deserved to rot in a shack though. When was the last time they fed her? Kairius murmured on about nothing in particular, probably which crops grew best where and when fishing was viable during the year. "Kella?" He said softly, cloth to her forehead. He'd left the hand in hers alone while he pressed the cloth along her face, trying to cool her down and mop up the sweat from her fever. "Kella, I need you to wake up. We're going to take you away from here."

He wanted to say back to her cat Aryn... But... He still wasn't sure if it was a cat or a horse.

visualspice

She felt the cold compress to her face, the burning fever making her dizzy. Groaning, she moved where she lay and slowly opened her eyes, groggily peering up at a man. Still not drawn back to reality, she found herself only able to repeat the name, "Aryn?" as she peered up into Kairius's face.

Draconian

Hm.

Aryn might not have been a cat or a horse.

Considering he was holding her hand - how could something feel both cold and hot? - Kairius bet it was a man? A lover? He paused, thinking of her little... Skin touching condition. Maybe not a... physical lover. He tilted his head and gave her hand a squeeze.

"Not Aryn Love. No man named Aryn here," he reported to her, stoic and slightly frowning, "just Kairius and he's here to get you somewhere better than a frozen shake. You awake yet?"

visualspice

The world was swirling and bubbling all around her. But as his words collected, like bubbles, delicate in their landing, she sat up suddenly as reality popped her into the present. Gasping, she jerked away from him, eyes becoming wide and fearful.
"D-Don't touch me!" she went on, hugging onto her gloved hands and cringing.

Draconian

"Holy fuck," he startled, hands lifting.

Kairius blinked at her, hands up and away.

"Honey, I'm... Not?" He tried to smile at her tilting his head, "just trying to get you out of this shack. We're gonna get you somewhere safe. Fed and watered. You're sick."

visualspice

Her eyes were so wide, there was no hiding the tears that formed; and her entire body was shaking.

"Who.. who are you?"

Draconian

"My name is Kairius," he was knelt by the bed and looked at her. Underneath the dirt and sickness he imagined she could be pretty. "We're here to take you somewhere safe. Obviously these fools have only managed a part of that. Can you walk?"

visualspice

Kella trembled, still uncertain whether or not to trust his words. He was just one man, a stranger, who she had awoken to at her bedside. But even she knew it was at least some relief not to be at death's door, but for all she knew, she could be being prepared to be handed over to wolves.

"Where do you plan to take me?" she wasn't going to answer any of his other questions. She didn't care if she could walk, and she only wanted to know what was going on. At least now she was out of her coffin, out of her box, and out of the fever. But she was still Kella Harmond, and the long winter and time on her own had hardened her.

..Someplace safe...
Nowhere was safe.

Draconian

Kairius watched the girl and he felt perhaps a little bad. This woman was obviously exhausted. Physically. Mentally. When was the last time she'd been comfortable?  Obviously Kairius was of the mind that women were, well, not weak but obviously deserved to be pampered. He sighed and ducked his head down, taking a deep breath but still kneeling.

"Reajh and then Folkvar" He said simply, "Not as a prisoner." Sort of.

Sort of a prisoner.

His uncle hadn't exactly told him what was to be done with her just where to take her and how much time he had. "You'll be safe," He looked around, "Don't you want to rest? Have a full belly?"

visualspice

It didn't matter what else he said the moment he mentioned Reajh she gasped, and jerked away from him defensively on the bed.
"N-no! I can't go there!"
Even if she had no direct association with her brother, she was still now a known mage, and one who had been keeping it a secret. That, coupled witht he fact she's the twin to the biggest rebel in all of Connlaoth....

"P-please.. I.. I can't go there!" she went on, trembling and not bothering to fight off her tears.

They'd kill her. Even if he said she'd be safe. She wasn't a fool. To bring a woman such as she into Reajh.... There were so many that could only see her as Blaith Harmond's sister. And Reajh was swarming with the vast majority of mage hate supporters under Calent's rule.

Draconian

The explosive reaction had Kairius's eyes widen and he jerked back away from her as surely as she moved away from him. An arm went up defensively but... She didn't attack and didn't lunge. No. She was absolutely terrified and his lilac eyes widened, blinking at her owlishly before he started to shake his head, moving closer to her, hands out and open.

The intention was to comfort, but how could you comfort someone who couldn't touch?

"We won't go to Reajh then," He said simply, a high promise but... His uncle could meet them back in Folkvar if he needed to tell them something so badly. "My uncle has negotiated full immunity for you, Lady Kella," He said softly, hands still out, crouched beside the bed, "You're more useful alive than you are executed and..." He nodded to her neck, the exposed flesh there, "the people that need to know are aware of your... Affliction."

While he himself didn't partake in touch much... Was it torture to not even have the option for it? Kairius looked at her, keeping himself calm for the both of them. "We'll just head right for Folkvar and you can rest there. You're as safe as you can get," He reiterated, not safe forever but... Safe enough. "Now..." He held out a gloved hand, "Come along. We'll get you situated on a horse to take you to the carriage and then we'll be on our way. Have a doctor look at you or... Something."

visualspice

SHe looked at him, breathing heavy. Dirty mops of blond hair, ratty from months of travel hung about her face and her sunken cheeks were marked pink.

"Folkvar?" The notion, the place, almost seemed foreign. Sure she'd been there, but for the life of her, she couldn't even begin to remember what she had ever done there, who she'd met, what family now ruled or...
If at this turn in the war, just what side they were on.

She kept back, her lower lip trembling, pouting as she whimpered, "Please... can't you just.. let me go?" she asked, closing her eyes as she lowered her head, hot tears slipping down her cheeks.

Draconian

"Folkvar," Kairius confirmed, voice soft, "It's in the east. Farthest southern corner," Like describing where it was would help her but... Maybe a little? He gave no further information and simply watched her. His expression fell when she began to cry and he sighed heavily, moving to sit on the cot, reaching forward to her face with one hand before he gently rested a hand on hers.

"No, My Lady," his voice was soft and perhaps a little regretful. The woman was clearly a mess and for all that trouble she'd gone through to simply end... Here. Kairius sighed. "Now, you can come with me on your own two feet, or I can wrap you in a blanket and carry you out," He paused and let go of her hand, moving to stand aside. "Either way, we're leaving here in fifteen minutes and headed out."

visualspice

But she had no strength or will to respond to him,a nd remained slumped over- simply crying more.

Draconian

Kairius sighed, feeling pity and... Anger? Frustration?

He simply left the room, going to a saddle back to fetch a blanket. It was for if they had to spend a night anywhere. And it was cleaner and damn him if he was going to get any of those sheets by his face. Returning to the room, he moved closer to Kella, throwing the blanket over her before he wrapped her up like a babe and pulled her close.

There was a pause after he picked her up, finding her alarmingly light. It was easy to bring her outside, pass her off to a solider carefully, get on her horse and then have her hefted up to him so he could hold her carefully. "You can rest," He said simply, "And, I suppose if you have a death wish, you can kill me," He smiled down at her, "Because then they'll kill you." And he nudged his horse to start moving, keen on not having to spend the night in the forest.

Who knew what sort of ghoulish creatures lingeredout here.

visualspice

She felt awkward cradled and passed around in the blanket, but it was better than being dragged around inside a box. The air felt nice, cool on her skin and fresh- not stale like the shack she was confined to, nor the coffins that have long since been relinquished only Ansgar knew along the roads.

SHe must've been more exhausted than she thought, because not even a half hour on the road, she drifted off to sleep, cuddled in closely against her captive's side, taking in the warmth of his chest and body as best she could, and so far gone to her sleep, she wouldn't have even considered, nor worried, there were any consequences in a potential touch. That was, until her movement slipped her into such a way that her forehead brushed just enough of- what was it- his cheek? His forehead.. a hand? She couldn't know, but the reaction was enough to jerk her awake as she cried out in pain, tearing herself from him and throwing herself away.

She was on the ground, who knew where, who knew how, with the blanket half tangled up in her body. And she hurt, she knew she was bleeding but she was too weak, too dizzy to react.
A touch..
She knew that zing. She had touched someone- but who.. how? And as she trembled, she managed to lift her gaze, blue eyes seeking across the white.

Draconian

It was perhaps a foolish idea to carry their captive in his arms wrapped up only in a blanket. Still, Kairius didn't want to instill fear of him into her because in the end, that would make everything harder. If she hated him that would only make having her trust him more difficult.

Kairius needed her to trust him.

Of course, he needed to trust her too and he let her rest. Finding himself a little content that she fell asleep so quickly.  That was good. It wouldn't do well for her to just freakin' die. Kairius held her closely, not noticing when the blanket had fallen from her head. Periodically while they'd traveled, he'd tuck his chin down against her forehead to feel her temperature through the blanket but it was the time when he wasn't looking. Warm in his arms, that his jaw touched her forehead.

It felt like electricity zinged through his system and he froze. The girl falling from him spooked the horse and the horse reared up with a scream and Kairius landed hard on the gravel on his back. His air left him with a woosh the horse jerked away a few steps before it calmed down, leaving Kella on the ground and Kairius gasping for arm before he slowly rolled onto his side.

There was a few minutes of breathing before he caught his breath before he crawled over to the girl. "Are you okay?" He panted, "I'm so sorry," He lifted the blanket, pressing it to a cut on her forehead, "I didn't notice the blanket fell and I touched your head with my chin," and fuck had that been fun. Not something he was interested in repeating any time soon.