Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Sleeping Beauty's Rude Awakening

Started by DragonSong, June 16, 2016, 12:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Ehvren blinked,  not sure how to react to her sudden enthusiasm.
"Err.. how exactly can she help? And how do you know she'd still be alive?" He eyed her. "Haven't you been asleep for... well, for a long time?"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

That made her expression tremble slightly, but she pushed on. "Well, yes. But the Fae are nigh-immortal. It almost doesn't matter how long I've been asleep, chances are my godmother hasn't aged a day."

She shivered as the wind picked up, dusting snow over her shoulders, but quickly tried to brush it off. "But I don't—there are places where the faerie realm and the mortal realm come into contact, but I'm not sure... Things may have changed. We still need to move south to find a place to contact her."

visualspice

Ehvren persed his lips, the chilly wind sending his doubt out with it. At least they had a plan, and one to get out of this place.

"I guess it couldn't hurt," he admitted. The next wind that came by was stronger and forced his eyes to close, leaving him unable to speak until it died down. He shivered.

"Anywhere is better than this place " he muttered. "Come on. Southward we go."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Ilona was shaking almost violently by the time that second gust had died down, arms wrapped tight around herself as she desperately tried to conserve some heat.

"R-r-right," she chattered, glancing up again to get her bearings by the angle of weak sunlight through the clouds. "South. Th-this way."

She set off into the snow.

visualspice

Travel was slow, and the winds were sharp. Only a few hours had passed before Ehvren grew iirritated from it all and required a break. He moved to stand within an alcove of trees, which shielded them somewhat from the winds, which only seemed to pick up as they walked.

Ehvren shivered, his cheeks pink and painful as he moved to sit between two thick pine trees with an over dramatic sigh.

Gods names...did he ever hate this place.

DragonSong

Ilona was hardly faring any better than her companion, and was privately grateful when he demanded a break. She followed him into the tiny copse of stubborn, scrubby trees.

"You sh-shouldn't sit," she murmured when she saw him moving to do so. "The ground is f-frozen, it'll just chill you more." She glanced around, trying to judge how climbable the trees were. Unconsciously, she moved a little closer to Ehvren as she did, her body instinctively seeking warmth.

"We could...try to squeeze in there," she said consideringly, pointing to a relatively clear spot on a sturdy, lower branch. If they sat side by side, they could probably both fit...

visualspice

Ehvren followd her gaze and made a face.
He grabbed her arm roughly, nearly pulling her ontop of him.
"The ground is just fine." He sighed. "I'm tired." He turned away from her, blushing a little as he hand't meant to be so rough when handling her but- he did kinda force her down beside him.
"Just.. sit in close. We... can keep each other warm."

DragonSong

"Ow!"

Ilona glared at him as he pulled her nearly into his lap. She wanted to tell him she would go sit in the tree by herself, but she was too cold to pass up the warmth she could get by sitting next to him.

"Don't do that," she muttered as she drew her knees in toward her chest. "You have to stop grabbing me like that. I don't like it, and sometimes you misjudge your strength and it hurts."

visualspice

Ehvren glowered and grew flustered, annoyed.

"I was trying to help!" he snapped. He had no strength left to make himself sound nice. And it irritated him she would be upset at THIS.
"And we're both freezing! Why would we climb a tree when we're tired, irritable and the ground is right here!?"

No. He wouldn't apologize.
He was too selfish and stubborn for that.

DragonSong

Ilona had gone very stiff beside him, proud--but not so proud that she wanted to move away from his body heat.

"I'm distinctly not asking for an apology, though it would not be unwarranted," she said coolly. "I am merely telling you not to continue doing that. It is uncomfortable and demeaning and more than that, I have told you that I do not like it. Which, really, should be all that's needed for common decency to dictate that you cease doing it."

visualspice

She kept jabbing at his wounded pride.
And he hated it.
Hated that he responded to it- felt bad for it.
He truly hadn't meant to hurt her!

And part of him hated that she was right.
So instead of saying anything, he stared away into the snowing abyss and sulked.

DragonSong

Deciding that pouting silence was better than him yelling at her, Ilona sighed and allowed herself to relax just enough for her shoulder to brush his--then she gave up any pretense of dignity and scooted in close to his side, shivering.

"We probably can't risk too long of a break," she sighed. "We want to cover as much ground as we can before it gets dark and the temperature drops even more."

visualspice

Ehvren grimaced.
"Must you remind me? Besides, we only just stopped for a break..."
He sighed irritably and closed his eyes.
He could fall asleep.
He was irritable.. exhausted..
and wanted more than anything to be anywhere else.

DragonSong

"I know, but--hey." She nudged his shoulder lightly as his eyes closed. "Don't sleep. You can't sleep out here, you'll catch your death of chill."

Well...maybe. Honestly, if he wasn't human, that might have been up for debate. But she didn't think he should risk it, all the same.

visualspice

He flashed a glare at her upon opening his eyes.
"Death seems more inviting than this. " A wind managed to cut a little through the trees. His teeth chattered in response.

"I hate this place, " he muttered , sourly.

DragonSong

Ilona sighed and dropped her head onto her knees. "Me too," she admitted in a mumble toward the ground.

Whatever this place was...it wasn't her home anymore. It hadn't been for long time. Now it was cold and bare and dead, and she wanted nothing more than to be anywhere else.

visualspice

After the longest of moments he resigned himself to his fate.
"We.. we should probably keep going." He took a moment to examine her, to make sure she was alright before exiting out beneath the trees.

DragonSong

"Yes," Ilona sighed in agreement, reluctantly lifting her head. "Yes, I suppose we must."

The rest of the day's walk was much the same; there was only so much variety to be bad in a tundra landscape, she supposed. And Ilona was confident enough in her navigational skills that she kept them going south—that was all she had for a heading, so she clung to it desperately.

As it started to get dark though, she began to worry. Where were they going to spend the night? She highly doubted they'd be lucky enough to just stumble upon another set of underground hot springs where they could sleep.

visualspice

"I can't believe the sun is setting already! What kind of hell is this place?" He complained as he continued to take the lead as they walked, letting the woman guide him, but the snow was waist deep here and it felt wrong to force her in front, even if his torso felt like an icicle. "And how can there be so much of this white shit everywhere!? This whole valley is like a white ash lake!"

DragonSong

"I keep telling you, it's snow," the ex-Princess sighed, too tired to be truly annoyed. She was shivering badly now, her lips starting to tinge blue. "It's f-f-f-frozen rain th-that...collects. On th-the g-g-ground. And the s-s-sun sets early th-this time of year, it's w-w-w-winter..."

At least, she assumed it was. Surely her homeland could not have become this sort of tundra even in summer, not even in thousands of years? The turn of the skies could not have changed that much...