Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Cheers Darlin' [M][DragonSong]

Started by Lowen Thorn, July 29, 2019, 06:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lowen Thorn

As if his red face couldn't get any redder, she said that.

He quickly turned away from her, giving himself some space to let his breathing calm, a small groan escaping his lips as his fingertips touched his throbbing forehead. When the rush subsided, he turned back to face her with his latest summoned courage, and cleared his throat.

"I know you're just fucking with me," he said, his lips tight. "But I would very much like that."

Who knows? She could be the one.

DragonSong

Jynx laughed again, and there was almost something genuine in the sound. "Who says I'm fucking with you?" she teased.

But she didn't really give him time to answer. Stowing the supplies back in the cache quickly, she crossed to the door of the shack and stuck her head out for a moment, gave a small noise of annoyance, and drew it back.

"Alright. Well, we're not getting anything else productive done tonight, and since you're coming along on the job I guess that means we should stick together until it's over," she mused, pursing her lips. With a sharp, decisive nod, she added, "Follow me," she slipped out through the back window the the dilapidated structure.

Lowen Thorn

Well, he would have really liked it if he were able to go home first, get a few things for the trip, rest up, change it to a fresh set of clothes.. but it didn't appear as that was going to be an option. He was determined to go with her as she was now his best chance of leaving this cursed place behind him.

He nodded, though she was already on the move. "Uh, coming," he said quietly, climbing through the window after her.

DragonSong

Jynx only waited a moment or two for him to get through the window before she was off again, striding with a cool, calm purpose through the narrow alleys and back streets of Zantaric. She doubled back, made quick, sharp turns, even once brought them in a near circle around a particular building before veering off and heading southeast, and all the while kept silent.

Eventually, they reached a rather unassuming alley behind a strip of what was, on a good day, a market street. She slowed down, brushing her fingers absently along the stone wall beside her.

"You got any supplies or anything where you're staying?" she asked abruptly, not even bothering to turn her head as she just leaned in and seemed to be listening to the stone.

Lowen Thorn

Noah followed diligently. Trying to keep up with her constant maze-like twists and turns was no easy task, but he did it.

"If I haven't been robbed while I've been away," he started, his voice flat. He really hated Zantaric. "Then I have food there. Weapons. Medical supplies. Clothes." He paused for a moment before looking to her. "There's even some women's clothing there.. if you want to take a look.."

DragonSong

Jynx snorted. "We're not going back tonight, sweetling. Just if you've got anything useful, we can swing by on our way out of town--ah. Right."

She put her shoulder into the wall and a section of the stone--previously blended seamlessly with the wall around it--slid in and sideways, just a bit, just enough to allow her to wriggle through the gap into the darkness beyond.

"C'mon, then," her voice echoed back out into the alley, and she reached one hand back to curl her fingers at him beckoningly.

Lowen Thorn

"Oh, O-okay." He wasn't entirely sure he was going to fit. He as by no means a big person, but he was bigger than she was - just without the curves.

To hell with it, he thought. He might as well try. What was the worst that could happen?

He could get stuck. That is the worst that could happen. As he tried to wiggle his way through the crevice, he found himself in a position of vulnerability. He was at the half-way point, and as much as he struggled, he couldn't go any further.

"Shit," he breathed. "Can you help me?"

DragonSong

From the gloom up ahead, a long-suffering sigh echoed back to him. Then Jynx was there, just a flash of red hair and bright eyes in the darkness as she maneuvered to slip one arm around his waist, pressing her hip up against the hidden door as she did.

"Just slide passed," she huffed, rolling her eyes heavenward. Why do I keep taking jobs from idiots?

Because you've got a death wish.

The thief suddenly tensed. She squeezed her eyes shut and just breathed, trying not to let her surprise show too much. Wonderful. As if she'd needed anything else today.

Lowen Thorn

"One. Two. Three!"

Noah shuffled through the slip with the help of the thief, and promptly landed on her in the darkness of the alley, sending them both toppling over.

His fall was not graceful, and once again, though this time by complete accident, his skull crashed into hers.

DragonSong

"OW!"

Well. Nothing like a good old fashioned headbutt to knock the demons out of your brain.

Groaning, Jynx wriggled underneath him in an attempt to shove him off, but found herself rather stuck. With a huff, she stilled and looked up into his face, frowning. "Look I know I made the quip about angry sex, but could we at least wait until we're not on cold, dirty stone?"

Lowen Thorn

He blushed again. Really, all he seemed to do around this woman was blush. He blushed deeply, but didn't move. He was stunned by what had just happened, and just stared absently down at her as internal conflict waged war inside of his head.

"Oh, shit," he breathed once he realized what was happening, and registering what she had said. He quickly hopped off of her, careful not to squish her in the tight space, before getting to his feet and offering her hand. "I'm sorry!"

DragonSong

Jynx rolled her eyes and batted his hand away--not mean, just uninterested in his help. "Oh, don't apologize, you daft toff. Just mind your step from here on in."

She got to her feet and started off into the darkness again. "Come on then! Or do you need me to hold your hand?"

Lowen Thorn

He shrugged lightly, a slight frown on his lips hidden by the shadows that engulfed her movement. He actually wouldn't mind if she held his hand. It was dark out, and he had no idea where he was going. That, and what good-to-do guy would turn down holding hands with a beautiful lady?

"No," he lied, following her. "I-I'm fine."

DragonSong

Jynx snorted quietly under her breath and continued into the dark. After a few steps they reached a set of stairs, which she tossed a quick warning about to him before heading down them.

One hand on the left wall, she paused when she felt a particular dip on the stone. She smiled. “And then there was...light.”

A quick snap of her fingers called a small flame into being, lighting the small torch and setting of a chain-reaction enchantment that lit lanterns all around the small, rather cozy room that they’d entered.

Lowen Thorn

Let there be light. Thank Gods.

Noah's eyes didn't adjust as quickly as he hoped they would have while they were out parading around dark alleys and corners, so this was a welcome change. He hadn't even realized that they were in a room.

"Where are we?" he smiled curiously. "Is this your home?"

DragonSong

She snorted again and tossed him a look over her shoulder. "You think I'm stupid enough to take you where I live? Nah, this is just a hideaway. It'll do for the night though."

She strode out into the middle of the room, gesturing toward a cot pressed up against the back wall. "Bed, is you want it. You should probably rest up."

Without another glance at him she moved toward a smallish desk, perching on the edge of a crate that had been dragged in front of it to serve as a chair—on closer inspection the "desk" itself was also a crate, slightly taller and wider than the other.

Lowen Thorn

He stood motionless for a moment as he watched her. He really didn't think her taking him to her home would have mattered. He didn't have the necessary skills, means, ambitions, or reason to do anything but sleep.

Noah tossed it from his mind and considered her suggestion. He was pretty tired. He hadn't planned on an all-nighter like this. He really thought he'd get one drink, maybe two, at the bar to discuss business with Jynx - who had previously believed to be a man - and then call it an early night. Maybe with a cup of tea. Instead, he became acquainted with more side alleys and sketchy dark paths than he was comfortable with, fought a girl, felt a girl, and headbutted a girl.

"Thanks," he said, accepting her proposal before walking over to the bed.

DragonSong

"Mm." Jynx shrugged the thanks off as she bent over the desk, evidently quite content to remain there while he took the bed.

It wasn't clear where she planned to sleep herself, or if she even planned to at all.

She did glance back at him a couple time, waiting for him to fall asleep. It was a delicate balance, keeping her employer close now that he was coming along on the job, but also not exactly interested in sharing all the secrets of her trade with a stranger.

Lowen Thorn

Noah slept soundly and without incident. He shuffled around softy as he slept due to the dream he was having that involved Luna, Myra, Jynx, himself, a tropical oasis and a giant horse.

DragonSong

He's an idiot.

Jynx leaned back on her seat and sighed, rubbing at her temples. Already she could feel the headache coming on. "Yeah, maybe," she muttered. "But he's a rich idiot."

Is it worth it? The voice slid through her mind, scraping softly and making her shudder. You are wasting what little time you have left, my dear.

She scowled at the wall. "I'm not wasting anything." What else was she supposed to do? Ilieth had baited her years ago with a hint of hope, an amulet... But what good had that done her? She'd never been able to find the damn thing, and now she had less than a year left.

May as well make the year a good one, right?