Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Character pics~

Started by Anonymous, May 08, 2006, 05:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Did a few doodles the other day at work. Most of them are kinda scribbly and... yeah. Nothing special. ^^;

<a href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/seiliez/art/2006/original/uni_sukaprof_sktch.jpg" target="away">Suka</a>! Probably my fave. ^^; And the most accurate of how I've been picturing my characters.

<a href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/seiliez/art/2006/original/uni_suka_sktch.jpg" target="away">'Nother Suka</a>. I might actually ink and CG that one if I stop being lazy. o.O; No, I dunno what she's reaching for. It's....something.

<a href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/seiliez/art/2006/original/orig_karaprof_sktch.jpg" target="away">Karlyle</a>, whom I haven't gotten to use yet. ;__; Someone wanna play with the big dump puppy?

<a href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/seiliez/art/2006/original/orig_brinnprof_sktch.jpg" target="away">Brinn</a>! :D AKA Mr. Hedgehog hair AKA Pain in the Ass to Draw. Also did <a href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/seiliez/art/2006/original/orig_brinnsktchs.jpg" target="away">a character sheet</a> of which some look okay, and others... meh. The 'grrr' face in the bottom right is my favorite. ^^; Ignore the craptastic chibis.

And that's it. I have one scanned of Shiloh, but I'm not sure I like how I drew him so I might try again... And poor Bryce, I just can't seem to get a decent pic of him done. I'll have to keep trying. >.<

Anonymous

Aww, those are awesome!! 8D

I'd offer up Xala to play with Karlyle but... I needa reply to posts >_>;;

;P Love Brinns hedgehog hair, it suits him XD

Anonymous

*jealous* You're such a good drawer XDD!

Haaaaaaaaah! Brinn XDDDD That's just great. Hah. XD Hedgeyhog hair...!

They're awesome! I love Suka's eyes in the first picture... and Suka's pose in the second. I can never get hands or bodies how I want them (not that I practice enough XD). And the expression on Karlyle's face... aww.. Huggable XD

Anonymous

*jaw drops to the floor*

Your second Suka drawing should be coloured...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Jonas"*jaw drops to the floor*

Heeeh. Thanks. I'm thinkin' about it, I'm just so impatient when it comes to coloring. ^^; I don't have a tablet so CG'ing takes forever, and colored pencils I'm just not too great at.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Emoosts"*jealous* You're such a good drawer XDD!

Haaaaaaaaah! Brinn XDDDD That's just great. Hah. XD Hedgeyhog hair...!

They're awesome! I love Suka's eyes in the first picture... and Suka's pose in the second. I can never get hands or bodies how I want them (not that I practice enough XD). And the expression on Karlyle's face... aww.. Huggable XD

I love Brinn's hedgehog hair. XD; Poor thing, so spikey even when all wet. I've been reading too much GetBackers, makes me want to draw spikey hair all the time. >_>

Thankeee~~ <3<3

Rhindeer

O__O

Those are all amazing. I love how you do eyes! *__* And...just...wow. I don't know which I like the best. Dang. The shading is so pretty, too, and the hair, and...I'll just stop now. XD
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Quote from: "Small Wonder"O__O

Those are all amazing. I love how you do eyes! *__* And...just...wow. I don't know which I like the best. Dang. The shading is so pretty, too, and the hair, and...I'll just stop now. XD

Thankee. :D; I love drawing eyes, and mouths. Those're my favorite parts. ^^; I kinda skimped on the shading, really only did a bit on the noses and lips and whatnot. >_>; I suck with pencil shading - mainly 'cause it requires using fingers to smudge, and I'm a priss about getting lead on my hands. XD;;

Glad you like them though. :D <3

Anonymous

...Okay, you are seriously one of the best artists on this site. Right up there with Rhi (Small Wonder) and Draconian. I'm not even all that crazy about anime, but STILL. Enough said.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annoth"...Okay, you are seriously one of the best artists on this site. Right up there with Rhi (Small Wonder) and Draconian. I'm not even all that crazy about anime, but STILL. Enough said.

Hee, thanks a bunch. ^//^ I know the whole anime-style's rather overdone these days but... meh. It's what I like drawing and the only style I'm any good at. >.<;

Anonymous

It IS.  I can't go anywhere without seeing it. I don't think I personally know a single person that draws humans in a style other than anime, much less on this website. It must be partly because it's way easier to draw and master.

xD I'm only good at realism. Well, sort of. I leave the lines on at a low opacity, so I guess my art might qualify as implied realism or something. I couldn't draw anime if I tried. ...No wait, scratch that. I kind of can. But it looks more like a caricature of anime or something. Oho. <3

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annoth"It IS.  I can't go anywhere without seeing it. I don't think I personally know a single person that draws humans in a style other than anime, much less on this website. It must be partly because it's way easier to draw and master.

xD I'm only good at realism. Well, sort of. I leave the lines on at a low opacity, so I guess my art might qualify as implied realism or something. I couldn't draw anime if I tried. ...No wait, scratch that. I kind of can. But it looks more like a caricature of anime or something. Oho. <3
O.o are you kidding?

XD Anime is actually kind of hard to draw because you have the get the over exagerations just 'so' or it'll just look stupid.

(: I like drawing anime because you can go wild with it and flip the bird at proportions and gravity. fufufufu

Rhindeer

XD Yeah...I used to draw realism with animals and stuff (never humans) way before I discovered anime (poo, I really should do realism again... >_> I got out of practice and thus suck now) and...it's taken me YEARS (about five or six)  to get fairly competent with anime. ^^;;; I still don't feel very good at it, because it actually is really difficult to draw. For me at least. I've improved a lot since I started, but I still have a loooong way to go.

And yup! I like anime the best for the same reasons as Draco. XD And I like the exaggerated eyes, because it's fun! And it's a very detailed style, something I've always felt was lacking in, say, American comic-book style art or Disney-style stuff (all of which I love, but just don't enjoy drawing. XD).
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Quote from: "Draconian"O.o are you kidding?

XD Anime is actually kind of hard to draw because you have the get the over exagerations just 'so' or it'll just look stupid.

(: I like drawing anime because you can go wild with it and flip the bird at proportions and gravity. fufufufu

You have to do the same thing with proportions in realism, silleh. The exaggerations = anime proportions. Also did I mention that I appreciate that nobody in this thread slaps terrifyingly ginormous and impossible eyes on their characters? Because I do.

But you can do that with realism/semi-realism toooo! ;_; I do it all the time! Like with Chompy! Chompy is such an insult to gravity and the laws of physics that she shouldn't even EXIST. But maybe she doesn't count because she isn't a human-lookin' thing. Also, fufufufu? I don't know what that means, but I like it. A lot.

Quote from: "Small Wonder"XD Yeah...I used to draw realism with animals and stuff (never humans) way before I discovered anime (poo, I really should do realism again... >_> I got out of practice and thus suck now) and...it's taken me YEARS (about five or six)  to get fairly competent with anime. ^^;;; I still don't feel very good at it, because it actually is really difficult to draw. For me at least. I've improved a lot since I started, but I still have a loooong way to go.

And yup! I like anime the best for the same reasons as Draco. XD And I like the exaggerated eyes, because it's fun! And it's a very detailed style, something I've always felt was lacking in, say, American comic-book style art or Disney-style stuff (all of which I love, but just don't enjoy drawing. XD).

Yeah, I saw that one wolf you drew in a realistic style that you posted. It is AWESOME. You should do more realism RIGHT NOW, or I will TAP YOU LIGHTLY ON THE FOREHEAD WITH LIKE A SPOON OR SOMETHING.

Of course it took you years! You hadn't drawn humans before that at all, right? xD I don't think you're just fairly competent at all! You rock at it! Then again, I'm not really experienced in that particular field, but still.

The exaggerated eyes scare me when they're overdone even a little bit. ;_; And so do the lips, and the noses, and the... non-anatomy and non-wrinkles. And how all the aforementioned things seem to serve specifically to make everything look more baby-like. But then again, I'm a realism nazi in more than one way, read too much Manwatching and too deep into things and have been traumatized by various posts on forums by creepy old men about how they want to bang this or that underaged-looking female anime character.

o_o I don't think it's detailed. It looks really simple to me. Like, cartoon-simple. Explain this to me, for I am confused.

Wait. What's all this about which style to draw? Why don't you just develop your very own style? That way you could tweak every little thing to your preference and make everything just the way you wanted it. :o But I guess you already found everything you want in the anime style, so that wouldn't really work.

(forgive me for this not making sense, but I'm bad with long posts. xD)

Rhindeer

Quote from: "Annoth"Yeah, I saw that one wolf you drew in a realistic style that you posted. It is AWESOME. You should do more realism RIGHT NOW, or I will TAP YOU LIGHTLY ON THE FOREHEAD WITH LIKE A SPOON OR SOMETHING.
LMAO! I'll draw more! I sweat! XDD And maybe I'll scan some of my old stuff. I do miss drawing realistic animals because I always found that fun! I guess I had just needed a change all those years, and then I got out of practice. >_<

QuoteOf course it took you years! You hadn't drawn humans before that at all, right? xD I don't think you're just fairly competent at all! You rock at it! Then again, I'm not really experienced in that particular field, but still.
Ahahaha! I should scan some of my old humans. THEY ARE SCAREH!!! I used to hate drawing humans. And...oiii. Yeah, I'll scan some so everyone can point and laugh at my weird human girls with big boobs and tiny waists and...and... *sobs* They really are horrible. And it's funny, because at the same time that I was drawing sucky people (which I only did for school projects) I was doing realistic animals! Oh! And I also must take pictures of some old animal paintings I did...some of which are unfinished. ^__^ I suddenly feel inspired. o__o I must say, though, I never was as good with animals as you, Annoth. YOU are bloody awesome. I one day wanna draw realistic animals as good as you--in my own style, of course! ^_~ And aww! Thank you! I happen to be my worst critic. >_>

QuoteThe exaggerated eyes scare me when they're overdone even a little bit. ;_; And so do the lips, and the noses, and the... non-anatomy and non-wrinkles. And how all the aforementioned things seem to serve specifically to make everything look more baby-like. But then again, I'm a realism nazi in more than one way, read too much Manwatching and too deep into things and have been traumatized by various posts on forums by creepy old men about how they want to bang this or that underaged-looking female anime character.
XD The extreme exaggeration with eyes turns me off. To me, it depends on the style...sometimes it looks good, sometimes it doesn't!

And yes...the creepy men... *headdesks* Word to that. >__<

Quoteo_o I don't think it's detailed. It looks really simple to me. Like, cartoon-simple. Explain this to me, for I am confused.
That all depends on the artist, really. Some are more simplistic, some not. I mean like stuff like this, for instance. XD

QuoteWait. What's all this about which style to draw? Why don't you just develop your very own style? That way you could tweak every little thing to your preference and make everything just the way you wanted it. :o But I guess you already found everything you want in the anime style, so that wouldn't really work.

(forgive me for this not making sense, but I'm bad with long posts. xD)
And you're right about the style thing! Because, well...the "anime style" isn't really one style. Neither is "realism". They are basically umbrella terms meaning that everything beneath that umbrella term will share something, stylistically, in common with one another. For instance, with realism, the thing they share in common is that it's fairly realistic in some way. However, each person that does it creates their own style eventually because no one really draws realism the same way. That's how it is with anime, too. Everyone eventually creates their own anime style because no one draws that the same way. You eventually make it your own and, thus, create your own style, though you might be influenced along the way by other artists. ^_^

I like to think I've developed my own style over the years and all the trial and error stuff. And I'm still working on it, because I'm never happy enough with it. XDD

If that makes sense? Ahaha!

Anonymous

(DISCLAIMER: DON'T LISTEN TO ANYTHING ANNOTH SAYS OR TAKE HER SERIOUSLY. IT IS PAST HER BEDTIME AND SHE IS SO TIRED THAT IT'S LIKE SHE'S HIGH ON POT AND DRUNK AT THE SAME TIME OR SOMETHING. INFACT, YOU CAN JUST SKIP THIS ENTIRE POST. IT'S THAT CRAZY. :[)

QuoteAhahaha! I should scan some of my old humans. THEY ARE SCAREH!!! I used to hate drawing humans. And...oiii. Yeah, I'll scan some so everyone can point and laugh at my weird human girls with big boobs and tiny waists and...and... *sobs* They really are horrible. And it's funny, because at the same time that I was drawing sucky people (which I only did for school projects) I was doing realistic animals! Oh! And I also must take pictures of some old animal paintings I did...some of which are unfinished. ^__^ I suddenly feel inspired. o__o I must say, though, I never was as good with animals as you, Annoth. YOU are bloody awesome. I one day wanna draw realistic animals as good as you--in my own style, of course! ^_~ And aww! Thank you! I happen to be my worst critic. >_>
MINE ARE SCARREH TOO, AND STILL ARE ARE, JUST LESS. A few years ago, they were seriously just vaguely human-shaped blobs of ectoplasm or something. That's it. That's not even an exaggeration. I'm completely serious. IT WAS HILARIOUS. YES, YOU MUST SCAN THEM. IT WILL BE FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY AND THEIR NEIGHBORS. Harhar, yeah, it's entirely possible to draw animals great and yet suck at people. They're almost like two completely different categories, even though they AREN'T. And NO I AM NOT BLOODY AWESOME WHY DOES EVERYBODY KEEP TELLING ME I AM. :[ Wait, I've never even showed anybody on the 'net drawings of animals by me! The last one I drew was like, several months ago, and it was just this horrible sucky little bambi deer! wtf?*

*...Okay, I admit it. I know what you mean. Sorry, I have a tendency to do that. XD
QuoteAnd you're right about the style thing! Because, well...the "anime style" isn't really one style. Neither is "realism". They are basically umbrella terms meaning that everything beneath that umbrella term will share something, stylistically, in common with one another. For instance, with realism, the thing they share in common is that it's fairly realistic in some way. However, each person that does it creates their own style eventually because no one really draws realism the same way. That's how it is with anime, too. Everyone eventually creates their own anime style because no one draws that the same way. You eventually make it your own and, thus, create your own style, though you might be influenced along the way by other artists. ^_^
Yeah, I KNOW! And I kept trying to put something in my post about it but it DIDN'T WORK! >_< No wait. NO WAIT. Actually, anything that isn't realism... has to be copying somebody else's style and changing it to make it a little different over time, and that really just rubs me in the wrong way. Because when you think about it, Disney art is based off of reality. Anime is based off of reality. Comic book art is based off of reality. Everything except whatever Pollock does ultimately has roots in reality. If they weren't, anybody drawn in those styles wouldn't have eyes, or arms, or body parts, or shading or ANYTHING. They were formed by somebody taking reality and mutating it drastically, which is a dramatization of how anybody drawing realism obtains their own style over time. So reality is the only true umbrella term. Anime and such are branches from reality that branch off slightly about one billion million times and look like umbrellas. Wow, do I sound like a hippy who think's she's deep and philosophic but is instead about as shallow as a puddle that doesn't even have water in it or what?

([after recharging of the batteries] Uhh... nevermind, I think. I just realized that I'm saying, like, almost the exact same thing that you did, plus a bunch of irrelevant stuff. God I'm dumb. *dum*)

QuoteThat all depends on the artist, really. Some are more simplistic, some not. I mean like stuff like this, for instance. XD
Um... wow. I honestly don't know what to think about that. I mean, just... WHAT? CHILDREN. ARMS....PLASTIC.... BECAUSE OF... DOLPHIN... WOMAN. TEENAGE GIRLS... LISTENING TO JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE... UNICORNS... MONKEYS...er. Sorry, I couldn't form anything going into my head into a sentence so I had to do that. Anyways, I really don't know what to say to that. I guess you could call it detailed, especially for the category, but... COME ON I HAVE MORE PROMINENT ANATOMY THAN THAT AND I'M A SKINNY COMPUTER NERD FROM HELL WHO NEVER GETS ANY EXERCISE, EVER. SHE'S A WARRIOR CHICK OR SOMETHING, ISN'T SHE? SHE SHOULD HAVE TIGER VELOCIRAPTOR ELK STREISAND MUSCLES AND BONES ALL OVER THE PLACE. WHEELCHAIRS. >_O

(^---Don't worry, other anime artists. I meant that there should be at least a little bit of anatomy for that level of detail and complexity. I won't attack you, lmao.)

I scare myself sometimes.

Anonymous

Quote from: "silverstrings"
Quote from: "Jonas"*jaw drops to the floor*

Heeeh. Thanks. I'm thinkin' about it, I'm just so impatient when it comes to coloring. ^^; I don't have a tablet so CG'ing takes forever, and colored pencils I'm just not too great at.

*Elbows Xellos*

Anonymous

Whao!

Those are sooo cool!!!!
No way are they doodles!!! You liiiieeeee!!!!

Yeah, I can draw animals easy, with my eyes closed even (no really I tried it and it looked like a bunny as it should :) )
Humans or humanoids are sooo hard! >.<  Even using anime style, although it makes it easier so at least my attempts look human lol

But I've been drawing animals since I was very little, so it comes natual to me.
Animal realism is a little bit harder,  doable, but I find it boring.