Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

selkie's Wants & Limits

Started by selkie, April 20, 2023, 01:16:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

selkie

PLAYER WANTS

What are your favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
I'm a huge fan of adventure, classic DnD-style stuff, even if it's kinda dark. For relationships, I've not ever delved into having proper relationships between characters (threads dying out, not finding characters that click with mine etc.) but if it works, it works. However, I really like the found family trope, which might be why I enjoy DnD.

What are your least favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
I'm not super heavy on romance-specific stuff, so both in terms of plot and relationships, I would say romance-heavy stuff would be my least favourite.

What are your favorite character types to play?
Love me a good weirdo. I also love characters that look a little odd, or a little monstrous.

Are you a planner or a pantser? Do you prefer to pre-plan and stick to a script when posting, or do you prefer to surprise and be surprised?
I like a little of both. Planning helps both/all of us progress our characters/what we want in some way, but little surprises here and there are also nice. If you want your character to step in front and pull off a bit of a hail mary against something bad, go for it. Always happy to let someone do a badass moment.

How do you feel about group threads?
Love them!

How often can you reply to any given thread? How long should a partner wait before nudging you for a post?
I usually reply once every 1-3 days. Not necessarily due to workload, sometimes I just don't know what to write/have no motivation. Feel free to nudge me at/after 3 days :)

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?
I went to check the other day if someone who dipped on a group thread like 6 years ago ever came back to the forum it was on. So... weeks. I know life gets in the way sometimes.

How do you feel about instant messenger RP?
I prefer doing RP over threads.

Ho do you feel about post volleying/rapidfire RP?
Not so much a fan of this as I get burnt out kinda quick. I generally take a while to write and consider my posts haha.

What's your preferred posting style? Long posts? Short posts? Anything and everything?
I range from 5 ish sentences up to 3-4 paragraphs. If it's super descriptive scene-setting, it'll be longer, and if it's just quick-fire dialogue, it'll be shorter. I do make an effort to match my RP partner(s) though.

Any RP styles/habits that you love?
None in particular!

Any RP styles/habits that you avoid?
I'm not picky! I generally just want decent grammar and such so I can tell what's happening.

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
Honestly, grab my characters and throw 'em around if you want, as long as they can do the same to yours. Bonus points if it's funny. If you come up to a character of mine in a tavern and just sock em, expect them to fight back. Of course, don't just annihilate my character—actual plot-impacting stuff I'd prefer is planned out.

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
(What are you comfortable with and not comfortable with? Do you prefer to pre-plot relationships or let them happen organically? Are you open to IC-rejection or love-triangles? Age differences? Etc.) I'm not huge on romance, so it probably won't play a big role in my roleplay. That said, if the characters really click, it could definitely happen. I'm down for IC rejection and such if my characters do ask someone else's for a relationship. Age dif-wise, probably not something I'm gonna do, unless this is reasonable differences like 25 and 28, or 350 and 450 haha.

What are your limits with regards to graphic content such as sex, violence, drug use, sexual assault, etc? What is your comfort level?
I feel super awkward roleplaying sex, however I am totally fine with it being discussed in whatever levels of detail, I won't clutch my pearls at vulgar stuff. Same with drug use and sexual assault. Violence is totally fine by me, I enjoy a bit of dark fantasy.

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?
Totally fine, roleplay that to your heart's content.

What about healing?
Just ask OOC, as I may have a character I want to be scarred etc.

What about characters being transformed against their will? Chill with me, but that would be something I'd like to plot.