Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Nightcrawler's Wants and Limits

Started by Nightcrawler, July 25, 2023, 06:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightcrawler

PLAYER WANTS

What are your favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?

Conflict and resolution are what drives a story forward, so...I think I most enjoy plots that spark conflict and spur character introspection and growth. I also like there to be some balance between peaceful moments and fight scenes. I think I prefer a plot with a bit of fun, adventure, and humor thrown in, as long as it doesn't feel out of place or end up being immersion breaking.

What are your least favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?

Plots where characters stay in one place for too long, just kind of hang out and chat forever, or don't have a goal. I think I need variety and velocity. I'd also get bored by character dynamics that end up being too simple and easy to navigate.

What are your favorite character types to play?

I tend to play male or AMAB characters. I've noticed that most of my characters end up having avoidant attachment styles, which is a habit I'm trying to break!

I love writing characters who have layers upon layers of complex backstory, conflicting motivations, selfish desires, and deep flaws. I love keeping them in a moral gray area and exploring what they will do when faced with their own hypocrisy and shortcomings.

Are you a planner or a pantser? Do you prefer to pre-plan and stick to a script when posting, or do you prefer to surprise and be surprised?

Pantser. Planning would defeat the point for me. Surprise is entirely what makes this fun.

How do you feel about group threads?

I think I can do 3 people total, but anything above that starts getting messy.

How often can you reply to any given thread? How long should a partner wait before nudging you for a post?

Usually I'm good for once or twice a day, but that'll vary and I might have to skip days due to my schedule.

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?

Probably a week or two. If it's a really exciting plot I'll probably die a bit inside, but I can manage.

How do you feel about instant messenger RP?
I'd be cool with Discord DMs.

How do you feel about post volleying/rapidfire RP?
(Where you and another player post rapidly back and forth in a thread with each other.)

I don't think I'd enjoy this. I like taking some time to absorb, write, and edit.

What's your preferred posting style? Long posts? Short posts? Anything and everything?

I average about 3-7 paragraphs depending on how much detail is necessary. I don't want to drag out my posts with unnecessary detail if it's not warranted, so sometimes I do keep it on the shorter side of that range.

Any RP styles/habits that you love?

Writing RPs like we're writing a book. I don't mean that in terms of post length. I mean that the vibe and the quality ends up being what ultimately draws me in. I love when there's a meaty plot, intrigue, drama, and a gritty, believable setting.

Any RP styles/habits that you avoid?

Excessive anime influence, cutesy baby talk, cartoony anthro/furry themes (excluding animal races like D&D or similar), super short posts (3-4 sentences) with very little detail, super long posts (10+ paragraphs) with unnecessarily dense detail.

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
(For instance, do you mind if someone grabs your character? Picks them up? Punches them?)

Please manhandle my characters, it's very entertaining. And honestly, Fletch deserves it.

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?

(What are you comfortable with and not comfortable with? Do you prefer to pre-plot relationships or let them happen organically? Are you open to IC-rejection or love-triangles? Age differences? Etc.)

I don't like to pre-plot anything, and this is no exception. I'm open to romantic situations happening organically with them, but both of my characters present one hell of an uphill battle where that's concerned. So...good luck?

No opinion on the rejection and love triangle stuff. Age differences: real-world rules apply for me. Nothing creepy.

What are your limits with regards to graphic content such as sex, violence, drug use, sexual assault, etc? What is your comfort level?

I'm completely comfortable with depictions of violence and drug use. I'm comfortable with mentions of sex, but I don't feel comfortable depicting it and I'd prefer a fade to black. I'm okay with mentions of sexual assault as long as there's a TW at the top. I will never be okay with overly graphic depictions of sexual assault.

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?
(Are you okay with pregnancy in plots? Miscarriages? Loss?)

No limits. None of that bothers me.

What about healing?
(For example, a blind character magically being able to see, a scarred up character having their scars repaired, etc.)

What about characters being transformed against their will?
(Think vampires, werewolves, and magical spells.)

Anything else?
(Anything else you want to add that other players should know!)

Please torture my characters. Make them angsty and uncomfortable. It's for science.