Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Shiny's Wants and Limits

Started by Shiny, September 07, 2023, 07:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiny

PLAYER WANTS

What are your favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
I like plots that explore and build on a character. How would someone react to, say, a dragon falling through the ceiling? Or when there are little in-jokes between characters, references they make, or nicknames they give each other. I like seeing them develop and grow. Sometimes throwing a little drama their way, just to see what happens.

What are your least favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
One sided relationships, or abusive, physical, emotional, or mental. I'm also not huge on combat, because I'm very cautious about godmodding the characters of others, so I end up being too cautious or timid - it doesn't make for a good thread for any partners. I'll maybe try practising, and hopefully I'll become more confident with fighty threads.

What are your favorite character types to play?
Honestly, I have a varied bunch. I love playing grumpy, serious characters with a bone to pick with existence. I love the light-hearted, joking type, or the ones who wanna save the world all on their lonesome. I will say I have trouble writing genuinely bad people, just because I want to poke them in the chest and tell them to behave. I enjoy writing with baddies - I'm just not very good at it myself.

Are you a planner or a pantser? Do you prefer to pre-plan and stick to a script when posting, or do you prefer to surprise and be surprised?
I generally have a vague outline for a plot - say, Saedrin goes to the market, and has her purse snatched. Past that, I'm happy to see where the characters want to go. I've tried planning stuff for them, and they never follow the script, anyway.

How do you feel about group threads?
I get lost easily when there are too many people in a thread - the maximum I can keep up with is three, any more, and I get kind if anxious. Am I replying too much to player A, and ignoring everyone else? Or did I miss somethign important further up the thread? Brains are silly like that, so I'd prefer to stick to smaller groups

How often can you reply to any given thread? How long should a partner wait before nudging you for a post?
Up to two weeks, after that, please feel free to prod me in discord DMs. I do tend to hermit when my mood is low, so sometimes I may need poking to get out of my hole, and get back to fun stuff.

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?
I'm patient, and there is never any rush in replying to me. Life happens, despite our best efforts.

How do you feel about instant messenger RP?
I'm old fashioned; I don't like it.

Ho do you feel about post volleying/rapidfire RP?
I ramble in posts sometimes, so my rapidfire wouldn't be that rapid, in some cases. I've never really tried it? So long as any partners don't mind shorter posts, I could give it a shot.

What's your preferred posting style? Long posts? Short posts? Anything and everything?
I tend toward three or more paragraphs in replies - openers can be longer. I don't expect anyone to match post length, I just ramble. Sometimes, though, my posts are shorter. It can vary by what character is in the muse-seat at the time.

Any RP styles/habits that you love?
Honestly? If the player is having fun, and the characters mesh, it's all good!

Any RP styles/habits that you avoid?
I tend to avoid characters with main character syndrome, if that makes sense? Like we're all here to have fun, let's not play top trumps with our characters - let's just go have an adventure.

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
Grabbing is fine, even hitting if it would result in only a bruise or minor injury. Broken limbs, loss of limbs, or wounds that would scar I would prefer we discuss beforehand.

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
No age differences, please. I also prefer to have characters fall for each other IC, though I am also open to setting them up OOC - we'll just see if they fall in love once they are in the thread. I've never written a love traingle before, so that could be amusing.

What are your limits with regards to graphic content such as sex, violence, drug use, sexual assault, etc? What is your comfort level?
Sex I would prefer to fade to black. Violence I am fine with, though sexual assault is a no-go. Drugs I am okay with the more 'minor' ones, though anything too hard, and that's a no from me. Fantasy-weed? Sure. Fantasy-cocaine? No thanks.

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?
No pregnancy at all, please, at least for humanoid babies. Eggs, cubs, kittens, etc are more than fine.

What about healing?
Discuss beforehand, it could be a fun plot point, but for some of my characters their scars are very major life events.

What about characters being transformed against their will?
Again, discuss beforehand. It could be fun to have it happen, but I'd like to have some input before anything happens.

Anything else?
(Anything else you want to add that other players should know!)