Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Sylent's Wants & Limits

Started by Sylent Hyll, September 12, 2023, 12:55:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sylent Hyll

PLAYER WANTS

What are your favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
I've done a little of everything over the years. I'll update this as I think of things.

What are your least favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
I'll update this as I think of things.

What are your favorite character types to play?
Magic. I'm more obsessed with magic than I probably should be...I also like darker characters, and I occasionally bring some very real darkness into the backstories of my characters.

Are you a planner or a pantser? Do you prefer to pre-plan and stick to a script when posting, or do you prefer to surprise and be surprised?
Wee bit o' both.

How do you feel about group threads?
Small groups are best.

How often can you reply to any given thread? How long should a partner wait before nudging you for a post?
I guarantee nothing but I try to stay fairly active if I'm involved in something.

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?
Not sure. Case-by-case?

How do you feel about instant messenger RP?
I'm not big on chat RP but I've done it once or twice.

Ho do you feel about post volleying/rapidfire RP?
Not sure, honestly; I put too much detail into most of my posts to make it work.

What's your preferred posting style? Long posts? Short posts? Anything and everything?
I've made long and short posts. I put a lot of detail and introspection into my posts as often as not, so they can get exceedingly long sometimes. I do not, however, expect someone to match me length for length; that's ridiculous. Just gimme something to work with.

Any RP styles/habits that you love?
I mostly stick to third-person, past tense.

Any RP styles/habits that you avoid?
I dunno.

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
I prefer someone asks before they do something like that, especially if it's something major. I'm usually leery of it and try to avoid it myself, though.

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
I fade to black for the most part, though I don't mind if things get a little heavy. I honestly don't write smut collaboratively; it's just not comfortable to me, or at least hasn't been in the past. I've written erotica but only as solo pieces. That's not to say I'm not open to romance and such, however. I have less experience with writing romance than a lot of people probably do but I'm not completely closed off to it. One thing I should point out is that I'm bi and I very rarely play purely cis/straight characters.

What are your limits with regards to graphic content such as sex, violence, drug use, sexual assault, etc? What is your comfort level?
I don't necessarily want to play out or go into detail with such things but I'm definitely not a prude. For things dealing with children, references are about as far as I think it should go. For example, I had a character once that was abused as a kid (all I'm gonna say there), and it came out once or twice in reference but I never went into detail about it for what should be obvious reasons. So I don't really have a problem with the worst part of drama existing as long as it's not focused on too heavily. I've written characters that have been SAed in their backstories, but I've never written it myself. As to drugs...eh...that's case-by-case.

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?
I'm not big on such plots myself but I'm not averse to them.

What about healing?
Only if it's for plot. I had a character once who kept her face covered and basically had a severe mental breakdown when it was forcibly revealed; her face was covered in horrible burns and scars. To have that just magically go away...yeah, I think that would have completely invalidated the character. Forcibly removing the coverings was one thing; eradicating the scars and such without some kind of plot in place that was played out...that would have been completely off-limits to me.

What about characters being transformed against their will?
Case-by-case. I love werewolves and vamps, honestly, but it's admittedly a major change to the character. It's one thing if it's temporary - Draco getting transfigured was HILARIOUS in the HP books - but more permanent transformations need to be discussed.

Anything else?
I tend to have the mouth of a sailor but I try to come up with unique ways of swearing in fantasy. Trollsnot is one of the ones I came up with that's fun. As I said, I'm bi and very rarely play a character that's purely cis or straight, though it does happen. Other than that...eh, I'll update this as I think of things.
Fair warning that my DA (linked in profile) contains nudity.
OOC threads listed below are subject to occasional updates.
Wants & Limits
Chelsika ~ Kallippos ~ Aranea ~ Briana ~ Virgil