Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Tour of the City (Nataska/Open)

Started by Xphy, August 23, 2010, 08:32:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xphy

Simply put, it was a lovely morning in Ketra. The clouds in the skies were few and far between, and the sun was shining brightly between them. It would have been such a shame to waste such a day inside working, but fortunately today that was not going to be Lyricia's fate. With her youngest nephew having arrived from Altas Verde just yesterday she had made arrangements to spend the day showing him around the town.

Sure she could have asked one of her aids to go with him, but going with him personally gave her a good excuse to go out into the city herself. After all, it was nice to get away from her usual duties every once in a while.

After she was finished writing up a letter to her sister informing her of her son's safe arrival she made her way through the Serenian Embassy toward her nephew's room, lightly tapping on his door when she arrived. She really hoped his accommodations were to his liking. She had made every effort to ensure that his room was suitably decorated, and that he had everything he would need to live comfortably while he stayed in Adela. Her sister had entrusted him to her, and she had every intention of making sure Tasin was well taken care of while he lived with her.

Anonymous

Tasin was hurrying to get dressed when he heard a light clicking down the hall way, when he heard the knock he straightened up his attire gave his hair a fluff up and folded the page in his book. " Kingdoms are a Fickle Thing." By a Adelan scholar that's name was unreadable to Tasin. Tasin had a fair trip he didn't have many encounters of the dangerous suit,a few bandit's but his family spared a few men to watch over their younger brother's shoulder. Tasin found it amusing when they fough, it felt as if the men were paying too beat the elderly the way they fought.

But he was safe now in the city of Ketra,  When they first entered the city many towns folk approached with a caution trying to decide what they were doing. Why they thought a weaponless boy would show up and be a threat was beyond his thoughts. From what he saw the people were darkly skin a strange sight but also very interesting. He thought the women must have been beautiful if the men looked the way they did. Ahh what type of time is it to think of women. The door, The door boy!

Tasin opened the door and saw it was his aunt. "Aunt Lyricia is it already time to feed on my need to learn? Well if it I must leave this beautiful room for a beautiful city then I do what I must."  Tasin smiled and tried his best not to act like a child he wanted at least respect that he wasn't just another kid that didn't deserve what he had, although it was hard to be that being the youngest of three and having no dreams of being a knight. "Well I am right behind you whenever you are ready." He closed his book and set it on his bedside table for a read by candle light when he should be asleep like a normal boy.

Xphy

"I'm glad that you like the room," Lyricia replied, giving the room a once over with a smile across her lips. She really was happy that her nephew seemed to like the room, especially after all of the trouble she had gone through to ensure that he would. "And if you need anything don't be afraid to ask . My attendants would be happy to get it for you." She had already told her staff to ensure that all of his needs were suitably met, and she was confident they would do so to the best of their abilities.

After all in all of the years she spent living in their care there was very little she could actually complain about the job they had done.

"Well then, shall we?" As she spoke Lyricia stepped to the side and motioned for Tasin to walk with her down the halls of the embassy. Ketra was a beautiful and diverse city, one the Serenian ambassador knew like the back of her hand, and there were many places that she wanted to show him. However she couldn't help but wonder if there were any places that he particularly wanted to see. The tour was for him after all, not her, and she would have hated to only carry him to the parts of town she wanted him to see.

"Are there any places in particular that you wanted to see?" she asked, turning to face her nephew. She had decided it was probably a good idea to ask him before they left the embassy. That way she could plan the route they would take as effectively as possible, and to ensure that they didn't miss anything.

Anonymous

Tasin thought for a few seconds weighing every choice the castle was most likely hard to get into after a few swirls he made his choice. "I am mostly interested in the sanctuary. It's just has a interesting idea that I wouldn't mind looking into. I know it is a heart breaker I don't have much interest in the military academy. But, if you think there are people of worth anywhere I would fallow you into the that brothel I passed coming in. I'm sure all the big names gather there to talk politics." With a smirk he began to walk slowly

His interest in people of worth was outstanding if there was a old scholar Tasin would love to pick his brain.But even a war hero he would meet him proudly, Tasin was still a adolescent boy where anyone with a interesting story was a pleasure to talk to.  "But, as I said before with my respect for you I will fallow you to the ends of the earth Aunt Lyricia." He smiled and nodded reassuring himself that.

Xphy

For a brief second Lyricia stared at her nephew, a bit unsure what to say. She supposed his comment about the brothel was a joke. Then again Tasin was at that age wasn't he? Perhaps he would find a nice girl his age while he stayed with her. Adela didn't have a shortage of young women after all.

"Well, The Sanctuary is a beautiful and interesting place, and the people who live there do have some interesting ideas." She replied finally. She actually had planned to carry him to see The Sanctuary anyway. It was the most beautiful place in Adela in most opinions. However knowing that he was interested in going there was still beneficial to her. She now knew to take a route that carried them by it fairly quickly, that way he would have as much time to spend there as he wanted.

"I think you will like it there."

(OoC: If you want you can time skip them somewhere in the city in your next post so Lightless can jump in with Aeon.)

Anonymous

OOc: Sounds good.

While they past a few shops he noticed something slave trade. His face turned to a grimace. He just tucked it away and forgot about it he preferred to notice all the people such wondrous people were they all they didn't seem to lack in physical strength and if all his fantasies were true then they were also mentally strong as well. Oh how his head swirled with questions about the ideas if these people but he held his tongue. Must be a respectable gentleman Tasin, a women will never want her husband question her every action.{/i] He told himself in his nannies voice.

As they approached the entrance A number of broken columns sprawled as if they were made of the ground they laid on guarded the entrance. " My word how enchanting, it is as if sirens call you to search for answers to your questions inside."Tasin would have to make a crude sketch of this later no one would believe he saw something like this something so... interesting? No not even interesting could match how much wonder he had.  As he stood next to his aunt he felt he owed something to her, he gave her a hug that would break a frail man's bones.

"Thank you Aunt Lyricia you don't know how happy you just made me."

Anonymous

Aeon stepped out of the shadows of a guard tower of moderate size. He had watched the people in this city and had one one thing rolling about in his mind. Why all the touching?The need to shake one's hand for a simple greeting or to embrace someone with whom you are not intimate with? It baffled Aeon to the point of wanting to call the earth itself to swallow him and the whole street. If something was destroyed, it must be simpler to understand.

"Patience, you have to give yourself time to understand them." He walked further out into the street and continued along it until he felt something. Magic. The hairs on the back of his neck stood at attention and he turned to behold a building of unique architecture that made him feel like this place was safe.

This must be the "Sanctuary" he had heard of from the female barmaid he spoke to earlier. Hag. He chuckled to himself, remembering how she blatently admired his form. He also remembered the promise he made that if she so much as looked at his body in such a way again, she would be in wanting of a left shoe after the current one burst into flames!

"Again! Dear gods!" he muttered as he saw a boy, no older than 15 give a grown woman a hug that could have crushed a lesser man.

Xphy

"I'm glad that you're enjoying yourself," Lyricia couldn't help but smile when Tasin wrapped his arms around her. She really was happy that he was having fun, though he was hugging her a bit harder than he probably should have been. He really had gotten a lot stronger since she the last time she had seen him when she had visited her home. Then again he was still a growing boy wasn't he?

While the boy was still hugging her she looked up and noticed that a strange man was staring at them while muttering something to him. From his appearance she could tell he wasn't from Adela, or at least his family wasn't anyway. He looked more elven than anything else, though he didn't quite look like any of the elves that originated from the Niahi Wood. Perhaps he was from somewhere else, maybe the southern end of the continent.

She didn't know why the man was staring at them, but she decided it was probably better to ignore him; at least for now anyway. Instead she turned her attention back to her nephew and smiled. "So, what would you like to see first?" she asked, waiting for Tasin to release her. She would let him decide since it was his first time at The Sanctuary, and she had already seen most, if not all, of what it had to offer.

"There are some really beautiful gardens inside, and the shrine itself is amazing."

Anonymous

He let go of his aunt feeling silly but it wasn't regret. "Well the gardens sound wonderful, I don't want to burst at the seams with wonder right away." He smiled and began to think lightly on the subject of what was inside he had heard of classes but, he suspected the teachers would more then likely turn away from the child seeking to learn at such a high level. "Yes the gardens sound right up my ally."

He began to walk to the entrance to begin his journey but something stopped him when he felt a tingle as if a fire had been lit behind him. He knew this feeling from the dinner table his siblings giving him eying looks now and again as to send the signal this wasn't right. He suspect it was just some townsmen looking at the young boy hugging a older women, but Tasin wasn't exactly the most formal of people. "You coming Aunt Lyricia you never know the flowers could be dried to a wilted crisp by the time we get in." He turned gave a cheeky smile and waited for his aunt to catch up.

Anonymous

Aeon watched as the boy let the woman go. He appeared as excitable as a puppy that had just found a new plaything to romp about with as he walked towards the entrance to the Sanctuary. The woman appeared to be an important person in the city, her poise was that of a noblewoman, but not the sort he had encountered in the city.

Aeon noticed a pair of guards eyeing him suspiciously. The voice of a woman's voice caught his ears.

"His clothes seem daringly out of fashion! Why someone would be seen in THOSE is quite beyond my comprehension."

"Well the elves always were an odd bunch, but to more important matters. The upcoming..."

He was drawing attention and did not like it at all. He slipped just past the entrance to the Sanctuary, walking quickly, and without noticing nearly walking right into the odd boy and his companion before he caught himself.

So much for not drawing attention to himself. He thought bitterly

Xphy

Lyricia was a little surprised that Tasin wanted to see the gardens first, but she smiled and nodded nonetheless before following him. It was actually quite convenient for them that he didn't want to see the shrine first, something she realized after some thought. The shrine was tucked away near the center of the Sanctuary, and they would've had to walk pass a few of the gardens to get there.

It would have been a shame to not stop and admire their beauty along the way.

As they continued to walk through the Sanctuary a man caught her by surprise by almost ran into them. Much to her shock it was the same man who had been staring at them before. Could he have been a thief? No, a thief wouldn't have stopped himself. He would have used the collision to disguise his actions. He also probably wasn't an assassin. Most assassins were more careful, and wouldn't have revealed themselves to their target.

But who could he have been?

"Is there something I can help you with?" she asked, eying him suspiciously.

Anonymous

Aeon looked at the woman. She was right to be suspicious of him. After all, he had nearly toppled the two over. He attempted to speak in the manner he had heard from others in the city, but any fool could tell that he was not used to speaking like this.

"I am terribly sorry my lady, I... meant no offense... I ... had to get away from the crowd."

Aeon's speech was adequete but small mannerisms in his speech were either missing or overdone, such as "my lady".

"My name is Aeon might I know yours?"

Anonymous

Tasin didn't think much of almost being barreled over he was small and everyone else was bug no need to fight it to much. And as his aunt spoke his mind had a heavy glaze trying to hold back his excitement. Tasin turned to see a man speaking to his aunt he the apology but why so formal. It seemed to have no rhythm or reason. On a second take noticed pointy ears. "Sir?" He looked up trying to meet gazes with the man. "Why do you act so formal for all we know. I'm a street urchin and she's my cruel step mother." He smiled and stretched continuing to gaze up.

Xphy

"Please don't joke about something like that." Lyricia was shocked to hear what her nephew had said. He didn't know this person or how they thought. And the elf had been so polite too, a rarity these days. The least her nephew could have done was be polite back, and introduce himself to the man. After all, in staying with her he was representing his kingdom, even if unofficially.

"It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance Aen. My name is Lyricia, and this is my nephew Tasin," she said, returning her attention back to the elven man with a pleasant smile across her lips. "Did you come to see the Sanctuary as well?"

Anonymous

At hearing the boys reply, Aeon let loose a musical laugh and the wind picked up for a moment.

"It is quite alright Lyricia. It is probably no secret by now that I am a stranger to these lands, surely you have noticed this by now."

He gave the boy a look and stated, "I hope it is not too rude to ask this, but you both are different compared to the people I have met in the city, why is this?"

Anonymous

"I'm sorry Aunt Lyricia, I just thought a awkward could be opened with some light humor. I guess my ideas on judgment is still weak, I do need more discipline." The scolding wasn't new to him but coming from his aunt it had a sting that gave him a tick he wished to do away with. If that meant pushing some less tasteful jokes he guessed the world would have to suffer.

When the man asked his question a smile spread across Tasin's face perhaps this could be a good chance to return to his aunt's good graces .He thought for a second of the greetings he was forced to learn as a boy. "Well met Aen, I am Tasin third child of Sephiria and Levin Feyal of the Altas Verde providence. And think nothing of it my aunt is a ambassador of our people to the Adelans and they have been very kind to her and our family as a whole. I'm sure for whatever reason you come the Adelans will give you a opportunity to fulfill your wish."

As he finished of his short train of what he thought words that sounded very soft and kind. He looked to his aunt for any reaction or qualms to it. He couldn't explain why but, he sought to have her pleased in his actions.

Xphy

When Lyricia noticed that her nephew was looking toward her she gave him a smile and a light nod of approval. She actually felt a little guilty having scolded him, especially after Aen had said it was alright. However as ambassador it was important for her to be polite with others until she got to know them better. It made maintaining good relations between the two nations much easier for her.

"Yes, I am the ambassador for the Serenian people to this nation," she said, returning her focus back to Aen. She was still curious about where the elf was from and since he had asked about her people she figured it was probably alright to ask about his.

"If you don't mind, I am a little curious about your appearance as well," she said, her voice giving away her curiosity. "You appear similar to the elves that live in the Niahi Woods, and yet seem different from any I have ever seen before.

"Do your people hail from the desert? Or perhaps further south?"

Anonymous

Aeon thought about Lyricia's request, she had given him a warmer welcome than most in the city. She and her nephew had opened up enough to reveal their identities to a strange elf, so why should he not be just as open?

"I hail from the island of Athurias far into the Hivan Sea, where my kind, the Athurians live. My race departed the mainland long ago. Now, sensing the tensions between the countries here, I was sent as an explorer and ambassador... To an extent, as we are not a recognized nation."

He looked to the two, hoping they did not think he was insane, as others had before.

Anonymous

"The... Athurians strange I guess we mainlanders don't accept you much I have never heard of any work from that island. I am sorry to hear of your story I wish we were above from things like this." This is were Tasin wished he was the heir at times slaves, outcasts, and refugees tore him up inside why should a life of another be any higher then others with no better then a reason then his name is higher beloved. He knew it was hypocritical to think this as he was a higher family but, what could he do change his name?

He looked at his aunt perhaps he could, "Have you ever heard of them aunt? I'm sure if anyone has you surely have."

Xphy

Ah, so he was an ambassador at large of sorts for his people. That was intriguing. Though she couldn't help but wonder why his people had left the continent. Maybe they had gone through something similar to the Thanati people, or perhaps they had a completely different reason for leaving. She would be sure to ask if you got the chance to.

When Tasin asked if she knew of the Athurian people she turned toward him and nodded her head in response. "Unfortunately I have not heard of them." She had never heard of them, but she was always interested in learning about other cultures. So she turned back to face Aeon. "Although I would like to hear more about them... if it wouldn't be too much trouble of course."

With that said she took a few seconds to think before continuing. "In exchange I can tell you of this kingdom, and perhaps of our own as well if you like." As ambassador she was quite knowledgeable about Adela's history and its people, probably more so than even the average Adelan. She also was naturally very familiar with her own country, and Tasin was always there to help her if she forgot anything or left something out.