Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Tour of the City (Nataska/Open)

Started by Xphy, August 23, 2010, 08:32:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Aeon looked at Lyricia and a smile spread across his face, he had been waiting to find someone who might be able to inform him of the mainland and it's ways. Lyricia and the boy, Tasin, appeared to be bright and friendly people.

"I accept your offer, although it seems terribly rude of me to interfere with your trip through the Sanctuary. Let us walk while we converse. Ask any question of me or my people and if it is within my right, I will answer to the best of my ability."

"The same extends to young Tasin of course. In my culture we converse as freely with our young as we do with our elders."

Aeon hoped this would please Tasin as the boy seemed to be intelligent and would enjoy such conversation. He walked forward, and for the first time, actually appreciated the beauty of the Sanctuary. Green plantlife grew alongside the path in abundance, birds flitted along the tops of the trees and sang tiny melodies. This place had a peace he had not felt since he left Athurias.

Anonymous

A society where children were given a voice perhaps if he grew older he would try and see to it if a child had a point it would be given thought.  This... man seemed interesting, a whole group of people he had never heard of so many questions whirled he was lost when his mouth opened and leaked the question. " Where do your people stand to slaves? I ask because I just don't see it as right.But, it is a choice people make" He turned to hear a child no older them five crying for some reason. " Please hold that thought sir I need to check something.Please Aunt Lyricia ask him what you wish."

He found children something to teach as he approached the young girl he heard her whine. "Mom! I can't find my doll." The mom was a older women she seemed early elderly was setting in with wisps of gray hair. "But my daughter you had it just a moment."  As the well dressed boy approached the pair he smiled so young but it was easy to see she would be beautiful when she grew older. " Ma'am may I speak to your daughter for a moment?" The women gave a half hearted smile. "Yes you may she is a little fussy." He grinned knelt he saw no reason to speak to children in a silly voice so he said lightly but firmly. "Hello there miss my name is Tasin what might yours be?" The girl stood close to her mother looking down at the ground. "Pamella," The girl said sheepishly. "Well I heard you lost your doll an-" "You know where she is sir?!" Pamella injected. "Nooooo. But you might but you have to look me in the eyes." Pamella's gaze could have stopped a charging knight and as he gaze lased her yes widening.

With a smirk Pamella was off running behind a bush and returned holding a ragged do covered in a fair share of dirt. "Thank you Tasin you helped me find Maggy." Tasin stood fixing his over coat encrested with the symbolic salamander of his people. "Thank you that was a gift from her grandmother. I must ask are you a mage perhaps." Tasin laughed and shook his head. "No ma'am just a boy who loves to see a smile." He stuck his hands in his pockets and began to walk back to his aunt and their new friend.

Xphy

Lyricia was quite surprised when Tasin decided to run off on his own. She didn't know why he chose to do so, but she supposed something had caught his interest. She also wasn't too concerned for his safety. The Sanctuary was one of the safest places in Adela, and few who visited it would have reason to harm him.

"Perhaps we should find somewhere to talk?" As she spoke she returned her attention to Aeon, and motioned to a nearby gazebo at the center of one of the gardens. There was no point in talking in the middle of the path, disturbing others who could potentially walk by. Plus it was always nicer to be comfortable while discussing things.

"And it is no trouble at all. I have already visited the Sanctuary on several occasions, and my nephew can always visit it tomorrow if he wishes."

Anonymous

Aeon walked forward, deeper into the gardens with his new acquaintance. He had witnessed the boy run off towards a group of people. Shrugging off his curiosity for fear of being rude, he gracefully walked along until the two reached the beautiful, white gazebo Lyricia had mentioned. The arches along the sides were perfectly formed and a faint smell of lilacs and lavender came to his nose.

"So is there anything you would like to know Lyricia? As I said before, anything within my right to tell you is yours."

Aeon gave the kind woman a small smile...

"Although I have a few questions of my own of course."

Becoming more aware of his surroundings, he felt a small tug of magic on the back of his neck. Maybe it's the healers at work... he thought.

Xphy

Lyricia nodded her head as she sat down in the bench opposite Aeon in the gazebo. "Yes, and I will answer your questions to the best of my abilities." She had many questions about his people, some about their society in general and others about the people. But she would start with the more obvious ones, and continue from there.

"You said that your people originated from Le'raana, correct?" she asked thoughtfully. "Might I ask why they decided to leave the continent?" A large number of the people living in her family's province descended from elves so she was particularly curious about the reason for their leaving.

Anonymous

Aeon's gaze fell to the gazebo's floor.

"To understand why we left, you first have to understand our people. Athurians are said to be the children of the gods, whether or not this is true is uncertain, but one would be a fool to doubt our power. What it is, we do not know, but something in our blood makes us naturally attuned to the forces of magic. Nearly all Athurians are born with magical ablility and the ones who aren't serve as those who trade with other nations if we need it, but they are trained very well to not reveal our existance."

"Long ago, when magic was viewed with suspicion, we lived in a beautiful city of silver towers. Nearby nations began to view our people as an enormous threat due to our power and our connections to magic. They began their assult on our citadel and we fought them off easily, as it is not easy to take a city when the very earth fights against you, the ground split open and fire spouted from the wounded earth, water formed where it normally had no place being and drowned whole companies of soldiers."

"That is... until the soldiers from a nation we later identified as Connlaoth arrived, they brought with them strange soldiers that we could not harm with magic, in fact, our magic was completely useless. Any spirits we sent after them cried out and were sent back to the void. After they arrived, everything turned for the worst. The other soldiers were able to easily take the city and we were forced to abandon our home. I am one who remembers the day, as we live long lives, almost cruelly so. I was sheperded out of the city with the other children protected by the Elders. We were able to set sail towards an island which held one of our old temples and libraries. I watched as everything I knew burned from the boat."

"We were able to reach the island and nearly re-create our lost city, although we lost much of our lore in the assult. We had agents who stayed behind for years to secretly destroy any text that the humans wrote about us, and apparently they did their job well as no person I have met remembers us."

Aeon looked up at Lyricia anticipating her response to his story.

"Do you wish to know anything else? Or perhaps your nephew... wherever he ran off to"

Anonymous

Tasin had reached the gazebo where his aunt and Aeon were discussing of something, he sat silently while he spoke,He felt a chill up his spine,a full race of people forced out because they were different." No one should have to endure that sir, it isn't right." Tasin shifted around in a chair. "I don't have any questions sir, but, if you do please ask you shared that story it would be a honor to trade one of mine." such a terrible story fearing magic he couldn't imagine Calyse and Evangelus being looked at as nothing more then the great brother and sister knights. Magic just seemed at natural to his life as air or the sun.

He looked up at Aeon such a people if they mostly looked like him could do so much for the people and yet we casted them to the side as if they were no better then dirt.

Xphy

While she couldn't help but feel sympathetic for what happened to his people Lyricia still found it odd that they had chosen to flee continent afterwards. Surely they had had other options. After all there was no doubt in her mind that Serendipity wouldn't have turned them away if they sought shelter, especially with them being elven folk. Even Adela, with its great hatred toward Connlaoth probably would've taken them in. Not to mention there were large sections of land that had remained unoccupied even to this day that they could have resettled in.

Perhaps they had felt like they couldn't trust the other major kingdoms after what Connlaoth had done to them? Or maybe it was even pride that had influenced their decision? She was curious, but her nephew was right. Aeon had shared with them and it was only right that they did the same. Plus she could always ask later.

"Yes, feel free to ask to your heart's content."

Anonymous

Aeon glanced towards Lyricia and Tasin, perhaps they could inform him on the workings of the mainland and possibly help him unravel its mysteries. He often heard tales about it, not all unpleasant. One topic interested him in particular, but that would have to wait until he learned more about his companions.

"I would ask about your homeland, if that is not objectionable. What is it like? Are Elven descendants respected? Do your customs shun or accept magic?"

Aeon's mouth ran away with questions faster than he could run them through his mind. Perhaps Tasin could aid his aunt with his seemingly unending questions.

Anonymous

Tasin gave a light smirk, these people had truely been long gone from the common touch. "Yes most if all places accept elven people. Some even hold higher powers in rare enough cases." He rolled that awnser and allowed it to sit for a moment. "Even in the less magic friendly places you can repent and be set as they say." Tasin giveing light air quotes. "The bar all that repent should be." He shifted lightly around being a little itchy to explore.

"But in short yes the people of Serendipity allow magic to flourish and grow and elves are keys in that history."Tasin sat back in his seat to allow his aunt a more exact awnser as well as try to pin his ear to a group of what seemed to be students walking by.

Xphy

Lyricia nodded as her nephew spoke, confirming everything he had said. Though the different city states had differing opinions on the use of magic elves were accepted in almost all of them these days.

"Yes, it is as my nephew has said. Among the major kingdoms on this continent ours arguably has the strongest history involving magic. You see the Serenian people share ancestry with the fae folk of the Niahi Woods so magic naturally flows through our blood." As she spoke she watched Aeon intently, curious as to what he thought. Though most of their people were predominantly human, all had some fae blood flowing through their veins.

"Our family in particular, actually descends from elven folk." She pulled her long black hair back to give him a good look at her ears. She had been raised to be proud of her elven heritage, and it was more than apparent in the way she spoke. "In fact my mother was an elf, as was his father."