Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Love, money and a maid

Started by Anonymous, January 08, 2011, 02:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Gods it was nice to be free of Nell for a bit. She liked the kid, in all honesty. He was irritating and whiny, but something about that cute face and bookish attitude and the utterly cluelessness to the world around him got to Love. She was going to have to tell him she still hadn't found another bed set for them, so looks like he would be sharing with her again.

But, still, he never shut up. To be fair, she had kidnapped him, but really. She had been very nice about it. He was currently left in the woods to watch their stuff. She still had the book though, and he wouldn't leave if it meant the book might get hurt. Such easy leverage. Maybe she would pick him up some book while in the city.

First things first though. They needed more food for the two of them and, well, even before that, money needed to be gotten to buy said supplies. Passing by a tavern, Love took a deep breath. She should pick up some wine too and get drunk tonight, maybe get lucky.

Her eyes skimmed the crowd, looking for someone with nice enough clothes that it would be worth the effort to snatch a purse. There! The redhead moved closer, timing it just right so that she was passing close to him right when a large woman went by on her other side.

Feigning being bumped by the woman, Love smacked into the man, her nimble fingers quickly cutting his purse free as she apologized. So sorry, no harm done she hoped. Some people just didn't pay enough attention. Oh no, she was fine. Thank you. Have a lovely day sir.

She gave a wave and headed farther down the market before ducking out of sight to count her earnings. Might want to grab a few to make sure she had enough. Stupid Nell and that coat had wiped out most of her previous wealth.

Rhindeer

Delith was heading out to market, minding her own business, when some horned tramp jostled right into her, nearly knocking her basket from her hands. Whirling to say some choice words and teach that girl some manners, she froze when she saw what was really going on, caught the glint of a knife, the sleight-of-hand that made the man's purse look like it was vanishing. Poor sap didn't even notice he was getting pick-pocketed, too distracted by the woman's...wiles, the coy, apologetic act right as she robbed him blind.

Well! She wasn't having any of that! She couldn't suffer those types, the types that took advantage of people like that! Maybe she had a good reason for stealing, which was the only reason she didn't start yelling for the guards to bring a mob down on her head, but no matter her reasons, it was unacceptable! That man needed to eat, too!

Hiking her skirts and shifting her basket to her arm, Delith marched off after her, ducking around the corner--

And planting herself right in the mouth of the alley.

"I saw what you done. You best be planning on giving that man his money back!" she said, hands on her ample hips and feet set wide apart in a stance that said she wasn't going anywhere, rooted there as solidly as an oak. Delith was no delicate lady, built thick and sturdy. She could take a waif like that girl any day.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

The voice startled Love, her head jerking up to stare at the woman she had used to bump into her mark. Her eyes widened and she moved to quickly palm the money pouch up her sleeve, though the damage had already been done, "What? I don't know what you are talking about? What money?"

Oh shit. She really didn't need a squeal and that woman looked like she could break her in half if she wanted to. Fighting had never been Love's cup of tea, she was more of a runner, really. But there was no way out of this alleyway, other than through the woman.

Doing her best to look utterly innocent and naive, Love tried to figure out a way to slip by the...massive ox of a woman.

Rhindeer

"The money ya just slipped up your sleeve, fool!" Delith shot back with a roll of her eyes and a sharp gesture at the girl. "Don't think your pretty good looks are gettin' ya outta this. Why, I'll reckon those guards would have a heyday with a sweet young thing like you."

Hmph. Harsh? Yes. But Delith was blunt and had very little patience for nonsense like this. And blatant dishonesty? Peeved her right off.

She shifted her stance and puffed out her ample chest, making it crystal clear that she was not moving.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

"It did not! Who are you calling a fool?" Love snapped back, flushing at how easily the woman had seen through her hasty palm job. She was slipping! This never should have happened. And the woman was disturbingly large.

Time to switch gears!

Giving the woman a charming smile, Love tried to look innocent, "I think we are just having a little misunderstanding. Let's not involve guards. I'm sure we can work something out."

Rhindeer

Delith only laughed. "Misunderstanding my ass. Don't think just 'cause you're pretty you can just bat those long eyelashes and get your way. You're a damned thief and the only thing we're gonna work out is how you're gonna be marching your skinny ass over to the guards. Am I gonna be draggin' you there as a criminal? Or are we gonna walk over there nice-like because ya just happened to find that purse and are such a good citizen ya wanted to do the right thing?"

Anonymous

"Really, there is no need for that." Love gave a weak smile, shifting a little so she could quickly go for her knife. She really didn't want to have to fight, "I'm not trying to bat my lashes and get anything."

Love decided to switch tactics. The plain ones tended to be easy to seduce, "I'm flattered you think I'm pretty though. Not often I get called pretty by a stunning creature like yourself."

That was laying it on a little thick and Love gave an inward wince. She was feeling a little cornered and the panic was leaking through.

Rhindeer

An annoyed look flickered across Delith's face. "Now, darlin', if you're gonna bullshit, do a better job of it." She took a step forward. "So ya better stop bullshittin' and turn that purse back over or so help me, I'll start screamin' for the guards."

Anonymous

Shit! This was not going well and Love could not afford to have the guards called or to give the purse back. Love tried a different tactic, wincing a little, "Please, look, I know I stole it. And stealing is wrong, I know. But I haven't eaten in days and my friend is sick and he needs food too and just...please. The guy wont miss it and I need it a lot more than he does."

Rhindeer

"How d'ya know he won't miss it? Ya ask him?" Delith shot back, unmoving. "Now, listen, if you're really as needy as ya say, and if there really is some sick friend, why don't we cut a deal, hm? You take that back and I'll feed ya."

Really, while Delith was fully prepared to get physical if she had to--it was a matter of principle and just doing the right thing, and while she was no fighter she hadn't gotten through life being a wilting flower--she preferred the non-violent, hassle-free, peaceful-ending route. And sure, maybe she should have asked Sariel about this first, him being her master and all (hah!), but a lesson in charity might do the brat good!

Anonymous

"Because look at him!" Love cringed a little, doing her best to look pathetic and pity inspiring. She didn't want to give the purse back and didn't really want the food either. But a free meal was a free meal and at least this way she could avoid the guards.

She would just have to find another purse to lift later. Love let the relief wash across her face, "Really? You would feed me? Okay! It's a deal!"

Rhindeer

"Good. Deal. Now let's start by fulfillin' your end of the deal," Delith said, giving the woman a pointed look. She motioned Love over and held out her hand expectantly.

"We'll start by returnin' this."

Anonymous

Love kept a smile plastered to her face, though she swore a bluestreak in her head as she passed the purse over. It had been nice and heavy too. She was just going to have to be a lot more careful when she lifted the next one. Apparently giant, angry woman here had very good eyes.

"Here. I didn't mean an harm. I just needed to help my friend, that's all."

Rhindeer

Delith took the purse in hand and prayed that the robbed man was still nearby, otherwise this whole ordeal might get complicated.

"Thank you. See? Not so hard. Now, ya wanna do your friend some real help, how 'bout ya start by getting a job that won't find ya at the end of a noose? Ya won't be any help dead." Shaking her head, Delith turned and started to head out of the alley, motioning Love along.

"C'mon, now. Help me find the owner."

Anonymous

Yeah. Right. Like she was going to help with that. Love nodded, making sure to look around, though she wasn't really looking for anyone in particular. If the guy left, all the better, maybe she would get to keep the money.

"Getting a job is hard. And, well, see, we're kinda on the run from a very bad man. So we can't stick around in one place much." Which, was true. Just not all of the truth.

Rhindeer

"Eh?" Delith arched an eyebrow at Love. "Running from a bad man? Whatcha mean?"

She kept her eyes on the crowd, searching for the man. She vaguely remembered what he looked like--and anyway, he should be noticing he was short a purse anytime now. People were rarely silent about that.

Anonymous

"Well, see, I just...it's a long, weird story. I don't wanna bother you with it." Love gave a sheepish smile, noticing the man she had pocketed. But he seemed like he hadn't noticed yet and she let her eyes slide right on by, hoping Delith wouldn't see him.

Rhindeer

"Well, if it's anything gonna effect my master and I, then I should really know about it," Delith said with a frown. "Does he know you're here?"

Anonymous

"It shouldn't. But that's why we move around so much. If we stay too long, he'll find us." Love smiled, making sure to look tragically strong, "I don't think he knows we are here yet, thankfully. I don't like stealing, I really don't. I just can't get caught and my friend needed food and some medicine."

Rhindeer

"Oh. Well maybe we oughta find your friend and invite them over, too? If they're so ill and starvin'. Sounds like they could catch their death at any moment," Delith said with a frown, looking Love over. Indeed, she had her suspicions.