Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Stupid Boy! (Gold)

Started by Anonymous, August 13, 2011, 12:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Dorythian wandered through the marketplace looking every inch a nubile tourist. He even wore his moneypurse on the outside of his clothes! On a string! He didn't even notice when a novice theif, a small boy,  cut it off. And when thethe older boys pummelled the child for his loot, Dor didn't even notice. He was busy wandering around, marveling.

Of course, he got hungry after a while. So, he went over and grabbed a meat pie. Taking a bite, he searched for his bag, and found nothing. Uh oh...

"Yah going to pay for that, right?" The man growled.

"Pay?" Dorynthian asked curiously. He wasn't looking at the boothkeeper anymore. "That girl isn't paying; why should I?" He said this rather loudly, at a time when the buzz of the crowds had quieted. So, everyone heard it.

"Thieves!" Cried the man, and the other victim. Though Dorynthian hadn't meant to steal from the man, he thought it wiser to run instead of argueing with the man, who looked ready for a fight. Not knowing the city, he chose to run after the girl.

"Hey! Wait up," he called, leaving a marco polo trail for the authorities and enraged food-stallmen to follow.

Goldie

Peta swirved through the crowd, stashing her prize in her shirt where people were less likely to grab when attempting to take back coins that had been stolen. Or any type of coin for that matter. Grabbing breasts was the perfect excuse for her to break noses without drawing much negative attention toward herself. It was the perfect hiding place. And she also was more aware of her spoils, pressed between the twins.

Once she turned down an alley, the people began to dissipate, losing interest in the small child-height girl who was running away from an inn notorious for pick-pockets. The boy should have known, but clearly he was a bit dim witted and no one felt bad for him, she was sure. There were no authorities in this area who cared about anyone less than nobility or merchants with their fat purses. One lone boy was easy pickings.

And she was the best there was.

Everyone else had disappeared, minus a few backdoor women with their dresses up over their hips trying to sell their goods. It was sad, really, these women. Peaches and Cream brothel was the place to go if you wanted something like that, everywhere else was going out of business besides.

"Oy!" Peta shouted, stopping her flight to turn and face the boy, "Pretty good of ya t'keep up with me sure, but don't think I can't lose ya if I want."

Anonymous

Dorynthian nearly ran into the girl. "Do you want to?" He asked. Mikalikk, on his shoulder, sniggered, and he petted the furry dragonoid unconciously, watching the girl before him. "Do you know a man my age named Rei?"

Goldie

Peta formed a sharp retort to what she had expected the boy to say, but her mouth hung open with words unsaid when she processed his actual words. He was a queer one, for sure. Usually when people catch up to a thief they usually start all accusatory, asking where their money is, talking some nonsense about wanting it back.

Well, if you wanted it back you shouldn't have lost it in the first place! That's what she figured. Better to keep things you want safe away from people.

Her eyes flickered up to the dragon thingy on his shoulder when it snickered. Adelans were supposedly descended from dragons...or maybe protected by dragons...she didn't remember nor did she particularly care where she came from. The past was the past, this was the present and she didn't care a lick about what her stock; little good dragons did for her.

"I know many people." she replied curtly, "Don't mean I'm bound to tell you anything."

Anonymous

"Will you tell me if I pay you? I have a lot of — hey!" Dorynthian just realized that his purse was gone. "What happened to my purse?"

"I told you to be careful with it," Mikalikk scolded.

"I did! I kept it right at my side!"

Mikalikk guffawed. "You're so... naïve. You need someone who can teach you to take care of yourself." He looked at the girl. "And you are such a powerful mage. Tell me, if I told you who stole it, what would you do?"

"Well... it would be wrong... and mean, to steal it... so I'd have to beat them to a pulp. Why? Do you know who took it?"

"I do," Mikalikk said, watching the girl. The threat was obvious. Teach him the ways of the city, or she'd get beaten up. She would even keep the money, if she took him in. Probably.

Goldie

Peta watched the exchange in disbelief. This boy and his pet dragon were actually, for real, threatening her? In the middle of the back alleys of Ketra? A place she knew like the back of her hand! If she wasn't so shocked, the girl might have actually laughed at the exchange. It wasn't like this kid was her da or her mum, and that dragon thing on his shoulder wasn't her conscience neither.

"You've got to be joking." she couldn't quite keep the quiver of mirth from her voice, her dark eyes shining with the humor of it all. "'Stealing's mean! Mummy! Someone stole my purse!'" She mimicked his voice, pretending to rub her eyes as if crying, "Whatcha gonna do? Spank me? I'm so scared."

"If you was such a powerful mage, why'd ya let your purse go in the first place? Whatever, I dun have time to babysit another brother. Go home and beg your mummy for milk like the good babe you are." She turned on heel and waved absently behind at the duo before walking off through the streets. She had many other places she liked to haunt and expected to return home with a full belly and full purse before the sun rose.

Anonymous

"Wait...you stole my purse? Hey! Where're you going? Come back!" He ran after her. Now, Dor was quick, but she was quicker. Then again, he had Mikalikk. The dragon in question shook his head as he followed the girl in the air. She was so stupid. He had offered her a chance to make money by teaching a kid how to survive, but she'd gotten greedy, and now Dor was angry at her. Mikalikk flew down to talk with her.

"I'm trying to help you out here. Make an exchange with him. Apologize. Teach him how to survive. Now you can't keep the money unless you trick him out of it." It was interesting how Mikalikk took care of Dor in...weird ways. "Just make sure you —"

Suddenly, they were surrounded by tall, bulky...things. They weren't ogres, they weren't men. They were humanoid, but... they had no face. They had no eyes, noses, or mouthes. But they could sense her, their heads turned to face her. It was eerie. And they were big. So big, even she could not get around them. People screamed, and ran away from the gray, statue-esque beings who simply stood there and watched her until Dorynthian arrived.

"Give me back my purse!" He cried. "Either way, you're in for a beating. I might be lenient if you give it back and apologize, though."