Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Ocean's Breath Contd.

Started by Anonymous, December 05, 2011, 04:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Scrylett groaned and shifted, the back of her head throbbing. Eyes flickered open and she shakily lifted herself, finding her wrists shackled together. SHe blinked. "W-whuh heppen...?" she mumbled, tugging at her wrists as she sat up. It was then she realized she had a metal collar on her long neck with a chain leading down and she frowned. Her tendrils mey not have been bound, but they made sure she was able to be gotten control of all right. Once conscious, her tendrils wiggled and explored the collar and shackled, seeing how well they were on. Very well indeed. This wasn't good at all.

Cairis! She remembered, eyes widening and looking around. It was a dim room, but that didn't affect her in the least. Ruby eyes glowed and the room cleared, revealing it to be a barn of some kind, or a shed. A containing area of sorts, and she was chained to the wall. Scrylett grew nervous then, immediately relaxing when she found Cairis shackled near ner. "Cairees...!" she called, crawling over to her, tendrils reaching out and wrapping around to pick up the sleeping girl with care.

She pulled Cairis into her lap and sat on her knees, tail curling around her. How did this happen? Her round face saddened and she whimpered softly as she pet Cai, cooing her trying to think. Cautious eyes continued to examine the room, looking it over carefully, finding the only door. She planned in silent, contemplating a way out.

Haze

Cairis could feel herself being petted, stroked almost lovingly. It distracted her for a moment, before an awkward sense on confinement took over. Opening bleary eyes she looked into Scrylett's face, seeing a sense of fright there. "Are... are you okay?" She asked, voice husky through her dry throat.

Her eyes widened as they drifted to the collar around Scrylett's neck. "Oh... Scrylett!" She scrambled from the girl's lap, hands flying to her own neck. She wasn't collared, but the shackles around her wrists were tight, and the skin beneath them red and raw. How long had she been passed out, she wondered.

A weary defeat washed over her, but only for a moment, as she suddenly got very angry at their predicament. "Oh, Scrylett - I'm so sorry. This is all my fault." Her eyes, still adjusting to the dark room, flitted about, trying to make sense of what to do next.

"I can't let them take you. What can we do?"

Anonymous

Scry immediately turned her attention to Cai when she awoke, and she just smiled at her kindly when Cai apologized, letting her know that she held no grudge with a simple expression. She shushed her then, lifting a finger and pressing it against Cai's lips tenderly, letting that connection spark once more. She lt her aura bleed out, hoping to coo, and soothe poor little Cai. "Dun wurry, they won tek me so easily...I won let them hev yu either..." she said so softly, but meaningful.

"Mm...i hev en idea...but etll tek some time...es wull es luck." She told, petting Cai and caressing her cheek as she gazed down at her warmly, still in pain from the rock. Scry looked over Cai then, and noticed she wasn't collared. Good, that would make this easier. She took a tendril and grasped firmly the chain closest to the collar and let it stay there. She didn't say, but with enough time, the area beneath her tendril would become super-cooled and brittle, hopefully.

Concerned, she took her hands and grabbed Cai's, pulling her wrists into view so she could examine them, making sure she wasn't hurt too bad beneath her binds. "How bout yu, are yu okey Cairees...?" she purred intimately, pulling Cai closer to her with shaky hands. She couldn't help but blame herself for this. If she hadn't met Cai, then Cai would have been safe. But she was deterimined to fix this and show Cai that this was nothing.

Haze

Cairis shivered slightly as Scrylett put a finger to her lips, and just nodded. She was fully confident in Scrylett, and had a feeling they'd get out of this ok. She watched curiously as Scry's tendril snuck up the chain, and said "What are you thinking? Surely you can't break these?" she motioned to the chains, a bewildered look on her face.

She smiled as Scrylett took her hands and examined her wrists. "I'm fine, Scrylett. Truly. It's nothing a little herb wont fix." Her wrists ached a little, and there was an irritating itch beneath the shackles, but her eyes drifted down to the pouches at her waist. "I think I have something in here I can use later."

Just then, the muffled sound of talking slithered beneath the closed door, and Cai frowned, straining to hear.

"... an oddity for sure..."

"..place in the market?..."

"...possibly... beautiful ... the other one."

"Blonde... how much...?"

"...fiesty. Protective too. Thinks she owns the small one." The voices got louder, and the conversation seemed to be between Laikin, and another man. The unfamiliar voice was gruff, but curious.

"Let me take a look." The door swung open with a creak. In waltzed Laikin and the buyer, who has a strong man, by the looks. His swarthy looks were formidding though, and Cairis felt a tremor run through her. She hid her face into Scrylett for a moment, but the tall man strode straight over, and took her roughly by the chin. Cairis winced, but looked the man straight in the eye. He turned her face from side to side, and nodded once or twice.

"Yes. She'll do nicely," he turned and nodded to Laikin, who rubbed his hands with greedy glee.

"And the other one?" The man peered at Scrylett, but for some reason did not touch her. It was almost as if he could see something dangerous in the creature. "Yes, I'll take her too. You don't know if they have... magic... do you? You say you found them in Serendipidy?"

"That's right. I don't know. Why don't you ask them, Javier?" The man named Javier did just that, crouching to look directly into Cairis' face.

"Well. Do you?" Cai nodded, and stuttered "Y-y-yessir. I'm a healer."

"And you, what about you?" He asked, nudging Scrylett with the toe of his boot.

Anonymous

Scrylett heard the voices, ear flickering. The men barged in, and the sudden light blinded her temporarily, making her squint a little. She glared at the man with her bold eyes, hodlnig Cai close and growling softly when he grabed Cai by the chin, trying to stay calm. They were being appraised and a blush came on her cheeks when he kept his distanced from her, not confident enough to step lcose and examine her strabge appearance. That made her feel a little less of herself.

She shifted her glare to Laikin when he expressed his satisfacrion. They quickly turned back to the buyer once more when he asked about their talent, and she shrank back a bit, ears tipped back. She pulled Cai closer protectively when he made her confess and then he tapped her with his foot, making her twitch. Those iriedescent crimson eyes just stared into him deply as the question was asked of her and she found herself compelled to answer. "err-y-yus..." she confessed simply, having not been told to describe her talent.

Three of her tendrils swayed protectively behind her, the one from earlier still suspiciously clamping its hand around the chain by her neck, holding it tight. Scry tried to ignore it, and not draw attention to it as she played along. It wasn't near enough time to freeze the chain links, but she still percistantly worked at cooling it, hoping it would go unnoticed.

Haze

Cairis found herself held tightly by her friend. The contact, of course, spun the connection around her like a web. She felt the protection, and it almost scared her. Surely Scrylett wasn't about to do something reckless, just for her? Her eyes casually glanced up at the tendril still wrapped around the chain.

The man named Javier eyed Scrylett suspiciously, considering. Cairis could see the contemplation on his face. "Will they go separately?" He asked Laikin, but before their captor could reply Cairis said "No!" The force of her voice frightened her, but she set her jaw, and continued. "No, we wont go separately." The two men stopped to stare at her, clearly waiting for an explanation. She racked her brains for ideas. Something, anything! "I mean... uh ..."

Javier put his hands on his hips, and stared down at her. Cairis continued her stuttering, finally managing to splurt out "my magic! I can't heal if she's not around!" She turned wide-eyed and breathless "Isn't that right, Scrylett?" She hoped that Scrylett would agree with her.

Javier shook his head, a wry smile playing on his lips. "Okay, okay. No separation. I see how it is. " Turning to Laikin, his face set once again "I'll take them both."

"Perfect." Laikin replied, barely hiding his piggish smile. "Come with me then, and we'll get the paperwork sorted." Without looking back at the two chained women, they left the barn.

"What... what do we do now?" Cairis whispered, tucking her body closer to Scry. She was scared.

Anonymous

Scrylett was startled by Cai's sudden yelp. She blinked surprisedly and looked to the girl beside her. What was Cai doing?? She listened to her sudden explanation and was a little baffled by her lie. Wait...Cai could heal via magic?? Huh...something else she had in common with the girl. She settled down a bit after listening, feeling bad that Cai was going through al lthis trouble for her, but also a hint of curiosity spreading through her. Even in this situation, she managed to think about irrelevant things that were on her mind so abruptly.

H-huh?? Was the expression in her lost eyes when she came back to reality and the rest of the conversation.  As shiver ran up her spine then and the gave Cai a gentle and compassionate look. "Y-yes..." she found herself answering, calming a little more. She really had no idea how that worked exactly. The only possible reason would be that she had yet to teach her the fundamentals...or something along those lines.

Ruby eyes shot back up the the man before them and she glared at his grin, pursing her lips. She was a feisty one all right. An unusual fire for such a water creature. It was the darkness, rebellious from her demon side. Clearly, he didn't belive that, right? C'mon, Scry hardly believed it. He was letting them stay together though, and she couldn't complain. This was a better fate than separation. But to let them be together meant, possibly, that one oculd be used to coax the other, and that thought made her shrank back, not liking the thought one bit.

She clung to Cai, pulling her closer, and shivered at the whisper, ear flickering and that jingle jingling as the men stepped out to seal the deal. "H-hm..?" she blinked, returning her attention to Cai, blushing once she realized how close their faces were. SHe could sense Cai's fright, and her eyes softened. Without a second though, she gave Cai a soft nuzzle of noses, letting the girl hear her actual purr for the first time as she made the intimate contact. It was like a cat, soft and relaxing. She was also capable of growling and roaring if she was provoked enough, but Scry herself was very ladylike...or she tired to be.

"Do noh worry...ettl be all right...I promise..." she cooed back in whisper, tendril giving up and releasing the chain. She wouldn't have enough time to break it yet. So she would wait for a better time, or hope for a better opening. If Cai were to feel the chain where Scry had let go, it was already icy, showing a bit of frost. "I figure we play along...en den we hev en opportunety tu get sometheng out ov thes..." she explained, finally separating noses to gaze at her tenderly.

"J-jus...jus thenk ov et es enother kind ov adventure...! okey...?" she tried to sound cheery, giving Cai a warm smile as she reached her hands up to hold Cai's cheeks. "En den, afturwurd...we wull look beck on et en laugh, ha ha, en triumph ovur another great adventure. We wull hev meny, a book ov them...!" she continued, sounding awfully corny, but smiling at Cai and herself, sounding quite confident.

Haze

The nuzzling took her aback, and her body jerked away a little. It was so very intimate, and reminded her of her mother, or of Eloise. The thought of her family brought a lump to her throat, and she swallowed it back, trying to ignore the rush of tears that formed in her eyes. Scrylett was soothing her, comforting her, and it felt nice to have a friend who could offer that kind of thing.

She finally laughed, through it sounded forced and strangulated past the knot in her throat, and she nodded her head. "An adventure, yes. I never imagined I'd ever be on an adventure quite like this tho. As a little girl, I always imagined the greatest adventure I could have would be to swept up like a princess by a handsome prince, and whisked away to his castle to live happily every after!" She gave another laugh, shaking her head. "I guess, we get to be the warrior princesses, now, hmm?"

She gave her friend a quick squeeze before extricating herself from Scrylett's grasp. "He'll be back soon," she said, flopping against the wall, and bringing a hand to massage her temples. She was having a hard time concentrating suddenly, and wondered if it was the effect of the contact with Scrylett. She'd never encountered someone who could, share, a connection like that. Closing her eyes and frowning, she held her hands over her forehead. "Come on... work" she muttered, willing her hands to warm with the familiar magic she was used to. Even though she knew it was useless, and wouldn't work on her, she still tried. She'd need as much strength as possible to get through what they had to without losing the plot.

Already she could feel the rising bubbles of hysterics, frustration at their seemingly helpless situation. Dropping her cold hand, she sighed. "They'll be back soon. Here's what I think we should do. Maybe we should go, quietly, with him, not say a word out of place. We'll be good and obediant, and hopefully, he'll trust us. I think I saw something in him, something kind, maybe. And then, when he trusts us enough, we can make a break for it...

What do you think?"

Anonymous

Scrylett got caught up in the moment, and had let herself go a little bit too far on poor Cai, cozying up to the girl and opening up a little, feeling those straining emotions Cai was emanating. The laugh surprised Scry, and she looked at Cai curiously. She smiled brightly then. "I would be honored tu be yur prince...en wesk yu away to a palace ov many wonderful thengs...!" she offered boldly before she realized it, a twitch running through her, cheeks dark. "W-warrior p-princesses work too...aheh...! "She rambled on past it in a quick attempt to make it go unnoticed futily.

Cai pulled herself free and leaned against the wall, and Scry's ears tipped back a moment as her hand lingered, as if reaching out to Cai. She lowered her iridescent eyes to the floor and pulled her chained hands to herself, shaking off the awkward feeling. Soon, her shy gaze moved back to her companion, and she watched silently, wondering if what she had said was the right thing. She felt stupid now, and cursed at herself. Why'd she have to go and say that? Of course poor Cai wouldn't be so soothed by such an idea. They were being SOLD! Her brow furrowed a moment, eyes drifting again in contemplation of her bad move.

Cai's grumbles piqued her curiosity then, and once more, those eyes shifted back, blinking and wondering what Cai was trying to do. Her head tilted slightly, ear flickering on queue. But before she could ask, Cai came at her with more to their idea. She listened intently to Kai, nodding slightly in approval. "Y-yus...det es whot I hed en mind tuu...! "She replied meekly, a little relived that Cai didn't think she was crazy. She smiled a small smile again, and perked up slightly, but still feeling extremely awkward about her attempt at flirting possibly gone bad. "e-en Cai...ef...yu evur need anything...d-don be afraid tu ask...I em tougher den I look..." she offered-no, promised, willing to see it that Cai made it through this without harm.